PDA

View Full Version : article on US Congressman compliments towards AUA

azskeptic
07-14-2006, 10:17 AM
http://www.antiguasun.com/paper/?as=view&as=view&sun=281935077507132005&an=110417088207142006&ac=Local&shwef=431637107407142006&pstamp=AS&CFID=3112042&CFTOKEN=41109103&jsessionid=9830e94543b873695271

MDXRS22
07-14-2006, 03:26 PM
At least I did not waste my vote:)..New Jersey is where I pat my dog;)

Good congressman!:):)

AUCMD2006
07-14-2006, 04:04 PM
"The American University of Antigua – College of Medicine (AUA) is the recipient of a Commendation from a senior member of the US House of Representativies.
President of the University **** ***** said the acknowledgment could precipitate increased recognition for Antigua & Barbuda.
The Commendation, issued by Congressman Donald M. Payne, also a member of the House and Education Work Force Committee, resulted after a visit paid to the AUA campus in 2005."

so was this a vist paid or 'paid visit' after such comments on must wonder? aren't polititians grand? six months ago our schools are funneling needed finacialaid away from the US, bogged with perceived default rates, and worthy of bill in the congress to deny funds and now a foreign medical school is hailed as a beam of medical education....

maybe i can fly mr payne to the galapagos were i plan on opening a wild turtle dance school. then he can praise the use of costumes to make their drab green skin more pleasing and creating jobs for unemployed turtle population of the island....polititians suck

jameslynton
07-14-2006, 04:47 PM
Hey RROD - I thought you were at Skipper's school - Are you going to call your new school St Darwin's School of dance???? I sort like the sound of that. Maybe dig up Isodora Duncan to teach'um how to stut their stuff

This article is old news to us here. We already have had a go at it...or two.

MDXRS22
07-14-2006, 05:22 PM
That was a good one:)

By the way, I still hold my skipper's som chair:):)

AUCMD2006
07-14-2006, 06:25 PM
Hey RROD - I thought you were at Skipper's school - Are you going to call your new school St Darwin's School of dance???? I sort like the sound of that. Maybe dig up Isodora Duncan to teach'um how to stut their stuff

This article is old news to us here. We already have had a go at it...or two.

no, i left due to creative differences. i wanted to just print diplomas from my computer and they said they wanted a week of class before issuing degrees.....

jameslynton
07-15-2006, 01:18 AM
no, i left due to creative differences. i wanted to just print diplomas from my computer and they said they wanted a week of class before issuing degrees.....I guess they did not package the M5 in the deal - yea I would head out also. BTW how was the M5 test drive???

shan80
07-15-2006, 08:48 AM
Damm i've no idea what u 2 guys are talking about;cars maybe.

jameslynton
07-15-2006, 12:46 PM
Damm i've no idea what u 2 guys are talking about;cars maybe.Hey Shan80 - I was baiting RROD about his test drive of a BMW M5 this week. RROD is ready for the match - and is already attempting to figure out how he is going to spend the pitiful small amount of money he will get in pgy1-5 if he makes surgery anything. If you have followed RROD posts you will know he is tough, logical and pragmatics about just about every thing but cars. The thought of a muscle mustang, BMW 5 series or any other sporty car causes his eyes to dilate - his pulse to race - and then a sly smile as his eyes become slightly unfocused as he goes into a day dream about a mountain road on bright sunny day. I would suggest the drive from Dilllard, Ga to Highlands, NC for his first really good test drive like that. Humm - I did it last weekend myself. Well - so much for a congressman - doing the yada - yada - yada for AUA.

AUCMD2006
07-15-2006, 08:53 PM
the M5 was by far the best thing i've driven as an all around car. it is quick and confortable with 4 doors. i've driven sl600's, XK8R's, and so on but the M5 is my favorite all around car right now... i would say except for that stupid dial in the center for everything that requires a nasa PhD to work the car is flawless....

now for balls out fun with no concern for cinfort or A/C nothing has beat the Mustang Cobra R with a WOT 300hp 2 stage of fun juice...i actually blew the vaccum lines out that weren't tight enough... we had to put hose clamps on vacuum lines!

ok my pulse is back to the 70's and i can focus.... few things are as much fun as 400hp and any road...including my 3 prom dates who left me with a great weeklong limp and rug burns in places rugs just weren't meant to be

MEDSCHVIEWER
07-16-2006, 10:50 PM
can anyone name one student who was admitted in Antigua (AUA), completed basic sciences, then passed Step 1, then completed clinicals, then passed Step 2, then matched successfully? all in the same school, all in the same program design of 3 and 1/2 years?

i am certain that the time will come.

mardi_gras
07-17-2006, 01:35 PM
No, no one can do that. Why? Because the school has only been open for 2 1/2 years. That time is coming soon. Ask again in about 1 year and there should be some AUA students in residency...like me! :D I did not start at AUA, but I did transfer in from a program set up the same, time wise, and did not lose any time or have to make up any time.

sam kurenai
07-17-2006, 02:33 PM
Whatever it was, (paid by the school or by the congressman is speculative in nature)it is good marketing for the school.

Congrats to the school.

"The American University of Antigua College of Medicine (AUA) is the recipient of a Commendation from a senior member of the US House of Representativies.
President of the University **** ***** said the acknowledgment could precipitate increased recognition for Antigua & Barbuda.
The Commendation, issued by Congressman Donald M. Payne, also a member of the House and Education Work Force Committee, resulted after a visit paid to the AUA campus in 2005."

so was this a vist paid or 'paid visit' after such comments on must wonder? aren't polititians grand? six months ago our schools are funneling needed finacialaid away from the US, bogged with perceived default rates, and worthy of bill in the congress to deny funds and now a foreign medical school is hailed as a beam of medical education....

maybe i can fly mr payne to the galapagos were i plan on opening a wild turtle dance school. then he can praise the use of costumes to make their drab green skin more pleasing and creating jobs for unemployed turtle population of the island....polititians suck

Dakota
07-17-2006, 04:55 PM
Whatever it was, (paid by the school or by the congressman is speculative in nature)it is good marketing for the school.

Congrats to the school.

You are correct. More than likely the school paid for the visit. Those who realize that people with power need their itchy palm scratched (with the mighty dollar) are the ones that get furthest in business. It's sad but, it's also the law of the jungle.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.