PDA

View Full Version : Passed Yeeehah!!

UAGMED
07-03-2006, 04:01 AM
Well got my rsults and passed. Used FA 2005 edition, UW nad Case-Based Simulation. Also watch some videos from e-bay. Prepared fro about close to 2 weeks. Read all cases twice. Became familiar with writing notes. Quick notes. Than I study over the phone for a couple days for about7 hours each day with 2 people.

Reviewed live for over 9hrs. Practice all maneuvers and questions and many cases. All under the clock.

Tip for passing it. Find someone to practice with even if they already took it. Even better if they did. Practice and practice.

UAGMED
07-11-2006, 12:27 PM
Exam last 8 hours. Starts at 9:00 but you have to be there early. 8:00 a.m.

girldrbrasil
08-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Hi!! I just saw your thread and was wondering if you could give me some advices for the preparation for the CS. I am very short of time... my test is on the 23rd (august) and I'll start to prepare tomorrow...:shock: I have lots of experience with patients but not in the US. But my English is fine. I am thinking about buying the first aid and paying for the usmle world. and I will probably practice with a friend (not a medical student though). Do you think I have enough time?? how many hours a day should I do?? Any help will be very much appreciated! thanks
Paula

UAGMED
08-09-2006, 05:28 PM
Listen bad girl! Just kidding!

Well if you read FA and watch the videos from UW. You should get an idea about the test. Also read all the cases from UW and try to practice as much as you can from UW and FA. Review all examination techniques.
www.usmletomd.com (http://www.usmletomd.com) has an area for CS and also to find a buddy to practice with a lots of tips about the test.

You need to review at least most of the cases from UW. Also very important be able to examine a patient in less than 15mins. counciling and all. Therefore 1 day take 10 cases pick them at ramdom or the one that are very common like neuro, shoulder pain,etc. do the whole interview and examine. Take one day to practice writing your note!!

anencephalic
08-09-2006, 05:37 PM
Congrats! (Anxiously) awaiting my CS score...:cool:

reliable_26
08-17-2006, 02:07 AM
Hi anenecephalic..

what does it show on the ecfmg IWA if we are trying to apply..
mine does say..
i cant apply because..u have passed..doe it mean i passsed:p

anencephalic
08-17-2006, 09:28 AM
Hi anenecephalic..

what does it show on the ecfmg IWA if we are trying to apply..
mine does say..
i cant apply because..u have passed..doe it mean i passsed:p

Yeah...unless they made a mistake.

I hope not, 'cause OASIS IWA says I passed too!

microphage
08-17-2006, 03:56 PM
ditto here. Although I need it in writing.

girldrbrasil
10-16-2006, 09:43 PM
guys, thank you so much for your tips and help. My studying for the CS was a bit messy and quick but I finally found out that I passed. :D I did the UW and first aid/ kaplan books like you said. And to make it better only 2 days after the good news I checked oasis for the step 1 and I passed too!!!! :D:D:p still waiting for the score thought. Now I'm in my way to the CK hopefully will be on time for the match!
thanks thanks!
the not so bad girl...

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.