PDA

View Full Version : Do I even need a computer

marelley
07-02-2006, 01:33 AM
Hey current sackler students
Do I really need my own computer or are there computers I can use on campus?
If so should I take my brothers old lap top or ask my parents to spring for one of those snazy tablets?

student-2
07-02-2006, 02:25 AM
I just wrote a long reply and accidentally erased it- so I will try to recap!
You definitely do not NEED a computer in med school.The Sackler campus has many computers to offer students, the american has its own lounge with a good number of computers that are available to you 24/7. Furthermore, to be quite frank- med school doesn't have a lot of things to do that you must have a computer for. There is an occasional lab report to fill out but you can definitely get by with the schools computers.
If you still wanna bring a computer with you to school- then your brothers computer will be more then enough- basically all you would need is word or any player program. You definitely don't need anything fancy. I think you are catching the drift of what I am trying to say.
I am not saying that having a computer is a waste- it can be very convenient but by no way is it a neccesity.
Good luck
BTW- I wrote another thread in this forum about what to bring- or more specifically what not to bring! I suggest taking a glance at it:rolleyes:

ali6500
01-04-2019, 12:29 AM
Yes, You also need computer course (http://www.adverts.pk/-1/posts/2_Education/11_Computer_Courses/) to know about it.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.