PDA

View Full Version : High School student curious about the 6-year M.D program..:D

shahbaz
06-28-2006, 02:24 PM
Hi I am a highschool student :) , in Canada and want to go in the field of medicine.... I have done my homework and searched med schools all over America, Canada and U.K and I like St. Chris alot... I was just wondering if any current and past students of St. Chris can help me and give an insight to what I should accumulate in order to an acceptance in it. Currently, my marks are in the low -mid 90's. Any feedback of any sort would be helpful adn if anyone has any other ideas of schools ..please reply ... Thank oyu very much :D

microphage
06-28-2006, 03:59 PM
doesn't seem like you did your homework...

sajidgidda
06-28-2006, 04:24 PM
Do a search on St Chris on here.... Should keep you entertained more than any daytime soaps

pruritis_ani
06-28-2006, 05:01 PM
You sound like the perfect student for SC. Enjoy it there.

md2011
06-28-2006, 05:35 PM
Hi I am a highschool student :) , in Canada and want to go in the field of medicine.... I have done my homework and searched med schools all over America, Canada and U.K and I like St. Chris alot... I was just wondering if any current and past students of St. Chris can help me and give an insight to what I should accumulate in order to an acceptance in it. Currently, my marks are in the low -mid 90's. Any feedback of any sort would be helpful adn if anyone has any other ideas of schools ..please reply ... Thank oyu very much :D

If this is a joke---then it is a good one. If not then you need an MRI of your head to see if you are missing a thing called--- brain.

Mez
06-28-2006, 07:43 PM
if your marks are really in the low to mid 90s, do yourself a favour and stick to going to university in canada.

TAFKA
06-29-2006, 12:09 PM
Hi I am a highschool student :) , in Canada and want to go in the field of medicine.... I have done my homework and searched med schools all over America, Canada and U.K and I like St. Chris alot... I was just wondering if any current and past students of St. Chris can help me and give an insight to what I should accumulate in order to an acceptance in it. Currently, my marks are in the low -mid 90's. Any feedback of any sort would be helpful adn if anyone has any other ideas of schools ..please reply ... Thank oyu very much :DThe posters above are NOT St. Chris students... there is a tremendous anti-St. Chris sentiment on this website and, consequently, there are very few St. Chris students who are willing to post here. If you would like to seriously discuss the college, I can introduce you to some Canadian students who are in the six-year program. They would be the best to speak with as issues facing African, European, and American students and students in the four-year program can be considerably different. However, I am just beginning my residency and would not appreciate having my time wasted if this request is not being made in earnest. If you are, in fact, serious, feel free to PM me and I will give you my personal e-mail address.

I would also strongly suggest visiting the campus in person prior to committing even the $1000 seat deposit... this college is not for everybody and you should be 100% sure that it is the right place for you... the curriculum is pass-fail and students are not ranked in order to stifle the aggressive competition among medical students at some schools and the student body is, consequently, quite close-knit. the student body is also small with under 150 students at the UK campus. While this suits most students, some prefer the motivating effect of class rankings and the anonymity of larger classes. You should meet some of the students and sit in on some courses before you make your decision.

TAFKA
06-29-2006, 12:13 PM
The other college I'd suggest looking into if you're interested in studying in Europe is Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland...

pruritis_ani
06-29-2006, 02:12 PM
There is a reason for the "anti-St Chris bias". The school absolutely sucks.

Why or how you can counsel somebody to attend a school that has an awful past, a shaky present and a very doubtful future is beyond me. The fact is that in the best case scenario, St Chris may get you a license in a handful of states. The worst case is that the school will continue to stumble and ultimately leave those attending it with a worthless degree.

If St Chris is the only school you can get into, consider another carreer. If you have not applied anywhere else, do it NOW. If you truly think St Chris is currently a viable option as a medical school...well, let's just say they will be happy to take your money, and you will very likely regret the decision.

Milrinone
06-29-2006, 06:25 PM
Be careful! read all tha valuemd forums from this school! I am one of the students that they cheated. I've been waiting five months for my transcript... guess what? probabbly I'll never get it! I lost lots of money and time, don't do the same. the worst thing about everything was that I found out about the scam and the situation by these forums because the school never sent any official statement to the students.

shahbaz
07-01-2006, 12:37 AM
Thank you to the last couple of responds.. i almost took the first couple seriosly:shock: .... but thanks to those who helped and I will seriosly be double checking my choice of St. Chris..

tanisha
07-01-2006, 08:49 AM
Be careful! read all tha valuemd forums from this school! I am one of the students that they cheated. I've been waiting five months for my transcript... guess what? probabbly I'll never get it! I lost lots of money and time, don't do the same. the worst thing about everything was that I found out about the scam and the situation by these forums because the school never sent any official statement to the students.

hi milrinone,

i keep reading that they cheated you. i understand your anger and frustration. how easy or hard for you was it to transfer to another med school coming from st. chris. did you have to go through a lot of hassles from the other med school adminstrators or were they sympathetic? also, besides the money grubbing greediness from st. chris adminstrors, how else were you cheated (please dont be offended, just want to know, although would understand if you chose not go into detail) i am in the process now of trying to get back my $1000.00 USD that i paid for sitting fee. thanks.

tanisha
07-01-2006, 08:54 AM
The posters above are NOT St. Chris students... there is a tremendous anti-St. Chris sentiment on this website and, consequently, there are very few St. Chris students who are willing to post here. If you would like to seriously discuss the college, I can introduce you to some Canadian students who are in the six-year program. They would be the best to speak with as issues facing African, European, and American students and students in the four-year program can be considerably different. However, I am just beginning my residency and would not appreciate having my time wasted if this request is not being made in earnest. If you are, in fact, serious, feel free to PM me and I will give you my personal e-mail address.

I would also strongly suggest visiting the campus in person prior to committing even the $1000 seat deposit... this college is not for everybody and you should be 100% sure that it is the right place for you... the curriculum is pass-fail and students are not ranked in order to stifle the aggressive competition among medical students at some schools and the student body is, consequently, quite close-knit. the student body is also small with under 150 students at the UK campus. While this suits most students, some prefer the motivating effect of class rankings and the anonymity of larger classes. You should meet some of the students and sit in on some courses before you make your decision.

what do you mean this college is not for everyone. do youmean you have to have the patience to deal with the new administrators or the patience to deal with the fact that st. chris once again has to go through the process of rebuilding its name to stand strong through the test of hard times, because I don't see how having a small knit class and good professors will help you sit for the boards and most importantly get you licensed.

ashif_ny
07-01-2006, 09:10 AM
since you are coming from high school.....I think you should join college or university at canada or usa........you will learn 1000 time better than the medical school premed program....yah its time consuming ......there is a good chance you will become atleast a doctor. but if you want to save some time...then the chance of passing usmle are very small......I am not saying you can not do it. I have seen in my medical college that all the premed in the medical college from the high school......your become mature at many level..... finish your undergrade in usa ...........don't worry about GPA...... caribbean school or st. chris....( not that good school) you can have undergrad GPA of 2 and they will accept you .....

Doc2010
07-01-2006, 10:01 AM

One of the first thing that you should do is to contact the Medical board of Canada and ask them if you will be able to practice after you graduate. Recently St. Chris students were not allowed to take USMLE and then I think it was reinstitated. If I were you, I would stay away from this school and go to university in Canada or States, take the MCAT and apply to US and Canada schools. If you cannot get into any them, I would go to Ross, AUC, SABA or St.Georges. If you cannot get into any of these programs, I would consider another profession. Good luck and make smart choices in future.

Milrinone
07-01-2006, 10:43 AM
hi milrinone,

i keep reading that they cheated you. i understand your anger and frustration. how easy or hard for you was it to transfer to another med school coming from st. chris. did you have to go through a lot of hassles from the other med school adminstrators or were they sympathetic? also, besides the money grubbing greediness from st. chris adminstrors, how else were you cheated (please dont be offended, just want to know, although would understand if you chose not go into detail) i am in the process now of trying to get back my $1000.00 USD that i paid for sitting fee. thanks.

Tanisha, I am very sorry to hear that they got your money too:cry: .

I am in the process of starting in the new med school. I have to do all my clinicals rotations again, because there is No way a good school can accept you without transcripts. The new school knew all the situation and they were very compehensive. But in order for me to get in I have to do all my clinicals rotations again. I lost all the money that I paid in clinicals...around 33K.
What gives me confort is that I will be able to continue with my MD preparation, but be sure that I will always live to tell how bad desision is to choose st chris. (or anything related to)
Answer to your question about how I was cheated, I can number lots! They violated a code of right conduct. They did not respect, nor even showed any consideration for the students. I was told on April that everything was Ok that I was able to continue with my rotations...guess what? They took my money an ran! As of today I dont even know if the "court transcript thing" is true...

Who wants to attend a school like that??? Only naive persons...
like I used to be.

tanisha
07-01-2006, 01:48 PM
hello????????????

microphage
07-02-2006, 12:42 AM
hello????????????
HI!!!!!!!!!!

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.