PDA

View Full Version : difference of the two forms of SC

azskeptic
06-27-2006, 02:56 PM
If you go to www.companieshouse.gov.uk (http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk) you can learn that there are 2 corporations

the L version is called
St. Christopher's College of Medicine
id number is 04056576 incorporated 6-9-2000

the SC-IMD version is:

St. Christopher IBA Mar Dip College of Medicine
id number 05763382 incorporated 3-30-2005

Subtle but major differences in 2 schools.

See the changes now at IMED

http://imed.ecfmg.org/details.asp?country=820&school=&currpage=1&cname=SENEGAL&city=&region=AF&rname=Africa&mcode=820020&psize=25

What does this all mean?

Let the courts settle it out.

tanisha
07-01-2006, 08:56 AM
If you go to www.companieshouse.gov.uk (http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk) you can learn that there are 2 corporations

the L version is called

the SC-IMD version is:

http://imed.ecfmg.org/details.asp?country=820&school=&currpage=1&cname=SENEGAL&city=&region=AF&rname=Africa&mcode=820020&psize=25

What does this all mean?

It is stated that they are subtle but major differences in the 2 schools. Out of curiousity what are the major differences. Anyone????????

AUCMD2006
07-02-2006, 01:50 AM
they appear to be two different corporations so how will this pan out in viewing then as medical schools? will they be viewed as distinct med schools? if so then people that are at SCIMD are at a new school that started 3/30/2005. that is the big question.

people will come on here and say that it has been one school since 2000 but noone knows how that will pan out in reality

tanisha
07-03-2006, 06:59 PM

the L version is called

the SC-IMD version is:

What does this all mean?

i, like others is aware that st chris has gone through its own share of drama and is trying to pull itself out of the hole. but is this forum as good as dead????????????/hello???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!??????????

azskeptic
07-03-2006, 08:07 PM
i, like others is aware that st chris has gone through its own share of drama and is trying to pull itself out of the hole. but is this forum as good as dead????????????/hello???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!?????????? Wait for GMC's and the DOE's ruling in the UK and we'll know where SC/SCIMD stand in the UK.

azskeptic
07-03-2006, 08:51 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Christopher_Iba_Mar_Diop_College_of_Medicine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Christopher_Iba_Mar_Diop_College_of_Medicine)

Milrinone
07-07-2006, 08:33 PM
The NJ version (incorporated in 2000) of the school ran away and hides from students. The senegal version (incorporated in 2005) is facing all the shame, humiliation, and embarrassment. Sometimes I think that they really want to help students. The limited staff in the new NY office is doing an effort to keep the school alive. I assume that it is not easy to be in those people shoes. In some ways i'm starting to forgive them and not to blame them for L***'s acts.
A lawyer from NJ area will research into the "court thing" to check if the information is valid.
I'll keep you posted!

tanisha
07-07-2006, 09:12 PM
The NJ version (incorporated in 2000) of the school ran away and hides from students. The senegal version (incorporated in 2005) is facing all the shame, humiliation, and embarrassment. Sometimes I think that they really want to help students. The limited staff in the new NY office is doing an effort to keep the school alive. I assume that it is not easy to be in those people shoes. In some ways i'm starting to forgive them and not to blame them for L***'s acts.
A lawyer from NJ area will research into the "court thing" to check if the information is valid.
I'll keep you posted!

now that u posted it that way, i never looked at the situation like that, and u know what, u are kinda right. it's so easy for anyone to run and hide instead of take responsiblity and try and fix what has happened, like in the case of NY hickville staff for the "new st chris", however the fact of the matter doesn't change that there is a certain someone who has dealt and to my understanding is still dealing with on the down low S and L. and i cannot trust that becasue as the saying goes, 'bird of the same feather flock together' and since this seems to be the case, history is bound to repeat itself. now after evrything that st chris has been thru, why would anyone want to go thru that whole ordeal again. it just does not make any sense.

Milrinone
07-09-2006, 07:21 AM
now that u posted it that way, i never looked at the situation like that, and u know what, u are kinda right. it's so easy for anyone to run and hide instead of take responsiblity and try and fix what has happened, like in the case of NY hickville staff for the "new st chris", however the fact of the matter doesn't change that there is a certain someone who has dealt and to my understanding is still dealing with on the down low S and L. and i cannot trust that becasue as the saying goes, 'bird of the same feather flock together' and since this seems to be the case, history is bound to repeat itself. now after evrything that st chris has been thru, why would anyone want to go thru that whole ordeal again. it just does not make any sense.

Apparently the lady that is helping survive the NY office (D_ _ _ _ _ _) never agreed with the mal conduct of the head master DR. L

About the trust thing...I am with you, it is not easy for students to erase that and go thru the whole ordeal again, but..... each person has it own personal situation and I do not blame those who want to be attached.

I personally hope everything works fine for all of them!

empathy
07-13-2006, 02:47 PM
This ‘new school’ must have been in the works from at least 2005 not a sudden event as we were led to believe. Hopefully, this new evidence will put an end to the ‘we fired the president’ nonsense.

the L version is called

the SC-IMD version is:

What does this all mean?

diogenes
07-13-2006, 04:26 PM
This ‘new school’ must have been in the works from at least 2005 not a sudden event as we were led to believe. Hopefully, this new evidence will put an end to the ‘we fired the president’ nonsense.

Just one small problem with all this sleuthing and supposition- you and Az have misquoted the date of IMD's incorporation, it's 30/3/2006 not 2005. http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/b4228109fcab094a92a8449b9f9d8e85/compdetails for the page with IMD's details.

azskeptic
07-13-2006, 04:35 PM
Just one small problem with all this sleuthing and supposition- you and Az have misquoted the date of IMD's incorporation, it's 30/3/2006 not 2005. http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/b4228109fcab094a92a8449b9f9d8e85/compdetails for the page with IMD's details. Well, glad you caught that. I did indeed mistype the date but either way, it shows that there are 2 corporations and that SCIMD is a new school.

tanisha
07-13-2006, 04:38 PM
Just one small problem with all this sleuthing and supposition- you and Az have misquoted the date of IMD's incorporation, it's 30/3/2006 not 2005. http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/b4228109fcab094a92a8449b9f9d8e85/compdetails for the page with IMD's details.

after checking out the website does this mean that St chris IMD is the new school now under administrative purposes which means this is the new school now as opposed to the "old" version and the drama that took place between st chrisotphers college of medicine and st chrisophers IMD? has it now gotten gmc approval? now that its been awhile that it got back ecfmg, what about clinical rotations and state licensure? anyone?

azskeptic
07-13-2006, 04:43 PM
after checking out the website does this mean that St chris IMD is the new school now under administrative purposes which means this is the new school now as opposed to the "old" version and the drama that took place between st chrisotphers college of medicine and st chrisophers IMD? has it now gotten gmc approval? now that its been awhile that it got back ecfmg, what about clinical rotations and state licensure? anyone? There is NO GMC approval or recognition. You can verify that for yourself with GMC.

empathy
07-14-2006, 07:47 AM
According to the US and the UK the new school does not exist. They might claim to be a med school but they aren't recognized by the authorities as one. Please call Oregon or the GMC for info. Call PWC for your transcripts. Anyone can rent a building, pay for a business license and launch a website.

diogenes
07-14-2006, 08:14 AM
According to the US and the UK the new school does not exist. They might claim to be a med school but they aren't recognized by the authorities as one. Please call Oregon or the GMC for info. Call PWC for your transcripts. Anyone can rent a building, pay for a business license and launch a website. Maybe one of the admin could scan a copy of the charter for us and post a link. That would settle the debate once and for all.
So that means that the report that the ECFMG had cleared students for USMLE was false- or didn't apply to the IMD version?
As for the GMC, they do not list "recognized", "approved", or "accredited" schools. In general they refer people to the WHO directory: if it's there it's street legal in the U.K. Occasionally, as you will know from looking at their site, they make exceptions. There is a list of non WHO schools which are nevertheless deemed licensable. There is also a short list of some schools which despite their WHO listing are not licensable because the GMC has received information which calls into question their suitability.
And with that in mind I should point out that the school which is currently on their list of rogues is not St. Chris. IMD but the old St. Chris. College of Med., Luton. However, I wouldn't want anyone to get too excited about that- it's probably just typical GMC tardiness or incompetence.

azskeptic
07-14-2006, 09:01 AM
So that means that the report that the ECFMG had cleared students for USMLE was false- or didn't apply to the IMD version?
As for the GMC, they do not list "recognized", "approved", or "accredited" schools. In general they refer people to the WHO directory: if it's there it's street legal in the U.K. Occasionally, as you will know from looking at their site, they make exceptions. There is a list of non WHO schools which are nevertheless deemed licensable. There is also a short list of some schools which despite their WHO listing are not licensable because the GMC has received information which calls into question their suitability.
And with that in mind I should point out that the school which is currently on their list of rogues is not St. Chris. IMD but the old St. Chris. College of Med., Luton. However, I wouldn't want anyone to get too excited about that- it's probably just typical GMC tardiness or incompetence.SCIMD's website claims L was an employee..which is it?

diogenes
07-14-2006, 09:22 AM
SCIMD's website claims L was an employee..which is it?
Where does it state that? I'd be interested to see the context of his "dishonourable mention"!
What difference does it make?

azskeptic
07-14-2006, 09:29 AM
Where does it state that? I'd be interested to see the context of his "dishonourable mention"!
What difference does it make? It was reflected on the SCIMD website,which I can't find this moment. Students still are posting it

http://www.valuemd.com/st-christophers-college-medicine/108552-gmc-makes-ruling-17.html

diogenes
07-14-2006, 09:34 AM
It was reflected on the SCIMD website,which I can't find this moment. Students still are posting it

http://www.valuemd.com/st-christophers-college-medicine/108552-gmc-makes-ruling-17.html
It's http://www.stchrisimd.com/luton.htm

empathy
07-14-2006, 09:42 AM
All the business licenses baring the owners names have already been posted on ValueMD. See the chairman/md thread. Also check the Union County Court House link that was posted. You'll see all the business names that the admin used to run St. Chris. There aren't any secrets anymore. Everything is finally out in the open.

It's http://www.stchrisimd.com/luton.htm

azskeptic
07-14-2006, 09:54 AM
It's http://www.stchrisimd.com/luton.htm just read from the website

http://www.stchrisimd.com/news.htm

it acts like the school is just a continuation of the earlier school. If that is the case, then SCIMD has the responsibility to pay the money and provide the transcripts that students are looking for.

diogenes
07-14-2006, 09:59 AM
All the business licenses baring the owners names have already been posted on ValueMD. See the chairman/md thread. Also check the Union County Court House link that was posted. You'll see all the business names that the admin used to run St. Chris. There aren't any secrets anymore. Everything is finally out in the open.
I'm sure there is a wealth of information lodged at Union County Court House, The Pentagon, Oregon, and of course ValueMD. But what does this have to do with your recent assertions that "the new school does not exist" or your use of a totally incorrect date to demonstrate that the 2 forms coexisted?

empathy
07-14-2006, 10:06 AM
Did you call Oregon and the GMC as I suggested or are you just blindly posting? At this point everyone involved in this thing should be on the phone with the authorities.

I'm sure there is a wealth of information lodged at Union County Court House, The Pentagon, Oregon, and of course ValueMD. But what does this have to do with your recent assertions that "the new school does not exist" or your use of a totally incorrect date to demonstrate that the 2 forms coexisted?

Straight Shooter
07-14-2006, 10:43 AM
It's hilarious yet also disturbing to read what's on this website. It's the same 5-10 people talking to each other and spreading rumors.

First -> Corporations do not award degrees. It does not matter what date SCCM or SCIMD were incorporated. Schools (not the corporation)are awarded the right to confer degrees by the Government.

Second -> It is the same school. No matter how many rumors or opinions fly around, documents speak for themselves. SCCM changed their name to SCIMD. Same charter. Same professors. Same Board Members (minus one troublemaker).

Third -> PWC may have some stuff, but Luton was not the hub. SCIMD is in possession of student files.

azskeptic
07-14-2006, 10:47 AM
It's hilarious yet also disturbing to read what's on this website. It's the same 5-10 people talking to each other and spreading rumors.

First -> Corporations do not award degrees. It does not matter what date SCCM or SCIMD were incorporated. Schools (not the corporation)are awarded the right to confer degrees by the Government.

Second -> It is the same school. No matter how many rumors or opinions fly around, documents speak for themselves. SCCM changed their name to SCIMD. Same charter. Same professors. Same Board Members (minus one troublemaker).

Third -> PWC may have some stuff, but Luton was not the hub. SCIMD is in possession of student files. If they are the same school, then why are they not releasing transcripts in a timely fashion per some students? Why are they not repaying students who had prepaid a semester and now want to go elsewhere?

diogenes
07-14-2006, 10:53 AM
Did you call Oregon and the GMC as I suggested or are you just blindly posting? At this point everyone involved in this thing should be on the phone with the authorities.
I will try to maintain my cool (unlike you I have not had multiple warnings and would like to keep it that way- but you would try the patience of a saint!)
Have you spoken to the GMC (Oregon is not the most relevant player here)? If so please enlighten us all- what was your question and how did they reply to it? Such information might acutually be useful! I have not spoken to them because I don't need to at the moment.
I have simply challenged 2 recent assertions of yours. The first and most ridiculous was that the two forms co-existed during 2005, you adduced a totally incorrect date and used that to try and prove something. Interestingly, you have not bothered to address that, let alone apologize to those you are misleading.
Secondly, you made a statement that "according to the US and UK the new school does not exist". That was an extraordinary thing to say and if true would be quite remarkable. I asked you how that was to be squared with the alleged EGFMG blessing. I could also have asked you how it accorded with your own appalling misreading of the information available at Companies House and many other questions besides. Again you haven't bothered to address that question.
It seems that whenever someone challenges the content of your posts you simply jump to something else. Thus it becomes almost impossible to decipher what your original point was and on what evidence it was based. It's like trying to catch an eel by hand.
I am assuming that you wish to disuade people from going to St. Chris IMD. I too have suggested that people don't go there (not in the near future at least). But it serves no good purpose if you repeatedly make claims which you can't back up or are patently absurd. You talk about the "truth" and how it is out there at last, but you, I'm sorry to say are not contributing to it. If anything your statements are likely to give ammunition to those who wish to hide unpleasant facts about St. Chris. I too want to know the truth (whether any of us will ever get the whole truth and nothing but the truth is a moot point). What I am not prepared to do in pursuit of a preconception about this issue is make misleading statements.
Homework? Blind posting? Empathy, look to yourself first before accusing others of these failings.

empathy
07-14-2006, 10:58 AM
You are playing with people's lives. No more rumors and spinning!!! Students if you really want to know the truth here are the numbers to call:

Office of Degree Authorization: 541.687.7452

(The US Department of Education refers students to this number who have questions regarding foreign med schools.)

GMC: 0845 357 3456 or +44 (0) 161 923 6602

PWC (transcripts): +44 771113725

Third -> PWC may have some stuff, but Luton was not the hub. SCIMD is in possession of student files.

Straight Shooter
07-14-2006, 10:58 AM
If they are the same school, then why are they not releasing transcripts in a timely fashion per some students?

When things get tied up in the courts, sometimes things take longer than people want. The legal system works on their own timetable, and the NJ courts are commended for resolving this in a timely fashion (as some predicted this could go on for years)

SCIMD says they can and will issue transcripts.

empathy
07-14-2006, 11:09 AM
Where are you getting your info? Give us a phone number to call to verify it? Got any case numbers? How 'bout the name of the court house where the cases are being handled.

empathy
07-14-2006, 12:55 PM
just noticed this...you said, "SCCM changed their name to SCIMD" but, according to Senegal there never was a SCCM chartered in their country only SCIMD which rec'd permission to open in 2003 NOT 2000. Could this be the 'real' reason behind the 'we fired the president' story. You never were suppose to be operating under SCCM so there was no paperwork to submit to the GMC and the ECFMG. But, if you reopened under SCIMD you've got the docs to prove a connection to Senegal. I wondered how you guys won back ECFMG approval. Trouble is you are a new school now and your students are only a few months old. No one there should be anywhere near getting a cert. Also, you are vouching for SCCM grads and credits. How?

Milrinone
07-18-2006, 08:45 AM
When things get tied up in the courts, sometimes things take longer than people want. The legal system works on their own timetable, and the NJ courts are commended for resolving this in a timely fashion (as some predicted this could go on for years)

SCIMD says they can and will issue transcripts.

The court released students records a week ago. Records are in NY ofice.

azskeptic
07-18-2006, 09:37 AM
The court released students records a week ago. Records are in NY ofice. Why are students telling me that they were promised weeks ago their transcript and can't get them? What court released the documents? How can they verify that. Who do they ask for the transcripts?

IwatchKellyRipaOnMute
07-18-2006, 09:55 AM
Why are students telling me that they were promised weeks ago their transcript and can't get them? What court released the documents? How can they verify that. Who do they ask for the transcripts?

Students tellling you that they were promised weeks ago are a) lying or b) hearing this from word of mouth (ie something was lost in translation)

Why does it matter which court released the documents? There are documents released...ones that no one is going to give you...that show they were released (good luck finding them)

They can get thier transcripts from the NY office or from Senegal...

azskeptic
07-18-2006, 09:59 AM
Students tellling you that they were promised weeks ago are a) lying or b) hearing this from word of mouth (ie something was lost in translation)

Why does it matter which court released the documents? There are documents released...ones that no one is going to give you...that show they were released (good luck finding them)

They can get thier transcripts from the NY office or from Senegal... Just spoke to a student who has an attorney involved and they are told it isn't true. We'll see. Students will continue to suffer as long as people are lying about the transcripts.

IwatchKellyRipaOnMute
07-18-2006, 12:56 PM
Just spoke to a student who has an attorney involved and they are told it isn't true. We'll see. Students will continue to suffer as long as people are lying about the transcripts.

I saw the papers from an attorny himself...they are legit

Your quote is quite fitting for yourself "students will continute to suffer as long as people are lying about the transcripts"...maybe you should take your own advice

Milrinone
07-19-2006, 12:36 PM
call the NY office.......if you are lucky to talk to anyone other than the answering machine then ask for your transcript. records are there

tanisha
07-26-2006, 03:47 PM
just noticed this...you said, "SCCM changed their name to SCIMD" but, according to Senegal there never was a SCCM chartered in their country only SCIMD which rec'd permission to open in 2003 NOT 2000. Could this be the 'real' reason behind the 'we fired the president' story. You never were suppose to be operating under SCCM so there was no paperwork to submit to the GMC and the ECFMG. But, if you reopened under SCIMD you've got the docs to prove a connection to Senegal. I wondered how you guys won back ECFMG approval. Trouble is you are a new school now and your students are only a few months old. No one there should be anywhere near getting a cert. Also, you are vouching for SCCM grads and credits. How?

for the last time who do i contact to get my money back to which I paid St. Christopher's? :evil: I know their students can currently sit for their USMLE's but realitically speaking, who is this going to sit well with when it comes to licensure time. Most state boards if not all of them are/were keenly aware of what happening with this school and as stated previously in another post, they tend to shy away from students who ever attended there.

vishcious
07-27-2006, 09:43 AM
for the last time who do i contact to get my money back to which I paid St. Christopher's? :evil: I know their students can currently sit for their USMLE's but realitically speaking, who is this going to sit well with when it comes to licensure time. Most state boards if not all of them are/were keenly aware of what happening with this school and as stated previously in another post, they tend to shy away from students who ever attended there.

Your not going to ever get your money back and thats not because of what even happened with the school. When you sent it in, you were told it was NON-REFUNDABLE. So you were not mistreated or misled, you paid for your seat deposit which was NON-REFUNDABLE, if your not sure what they word means use a dictionary, and if you don't know know what a dictionary is or how to use one I am sure your local library will be willing to help you. You were not done wrong with this school like hundreds of others were so realize you are out a 1000 bucks on your own doing. You sent in your money for January 2006 and classes were held, you would have been able to attend, your lucky you didn't but thats another story. Once again...NON-REFUNDABLE.

empathy
07-27-2006, 11:59 AM
The question isn't whether or not the owners stated it was 'non-refundable' ... it's whether or not the school had a LEGAL right to charge fees to begin with. It's a new school, with an unproven track record and no one is really sure at this point who owns it. What authority gave them the right to charge US medical students fees to sit for classes in the UK? Do you have their business license number, charter info or anything? If you wrote them a check for such a large sum they should have supplied you with something. A receipt atleast....I'd take that and any other info you can find to an attorney and ask him. Most attorneys offer a free one time consultation visit.

vishcious
07-27-2006, 12:38 PM
The question isn't whether or not the owners stated it was 'non-refundable' ... it's whether or not the school had a LEGAL right to charge fees to begin with. It's a new school, with an unproven track record and no one is really sure at this point who owns it. What authority gave them the right to charge US medical students fees to sit for classes in the UK? Do you have their business license number, charter info or anything? If you wrote them a check for such a large sum they should have supplied you with something. A receipt atleast....I'd take that and any other info you can find to an attorney and ask him. Most attorneys offer a free one time consultation visit.

I'm not sure you understand what tanisha is arguing about. She wants her seat deposit back, not her tution. To reserve a spot in any class you need to send in a deposit which is non-refundable, this goes for just about any school you attend, whether its one of the big schools in the carribbean or bumsucker university in botswana....it was sent out with the letter of acceptance that a non refundable seat deposit needs to be sent in by a certain date to reserve a spot in the desired semester and that it would be non-refundable. In regards to having a "legal right" i think you need to do your research a little bit more than just on valuemd, perhaps speak to a lawyer yourself and find out the real details on how most off-shore med schools are run and more specifically how st chris was run. I'm am in no way supporting the school because a lot of people got screwed by what happened but individuals like yourself need to do your research and know what your talking about before you speak or else your just gonna make an *** out of yourself and confuse people who don't know any better. Once again I don't support this school but check your facts. and I suggest Tanisha take whatever she has documentation wise and seek litigation, I'm sure some lawyer would be willing to give her advice because there are so many who have nothing better to do these days, but I highly doubt she would win in court. Especially when the documents she was sent from the school said "Non-refundable" her case is pretty simple, sucks for her because shes out 1000 bucks, the real cases are with students who paid everything and have been left out in the cold, not this b.s. But empathy, look into things before posting a reply for everything or else your just gonna look like an ***, your reply had very little to do with her situation.

tanisha
07-27-2006, 04:22 PM
I'm not sure you understand what tanisha is arguing about. She wants her seat deposit back, not her tution. To reserve a spot in any class you need to send in a deposit which is non-refundable, this goes for just about any school you attend, whether its one of the big schools in the carribbean or bumsucker university in botswana....it was sent out with the letter of acceptance that a non refundable seat deposit needs to be sent in by a certain date to reserve a spot in the desired semester and that it would be non-refundable. In regards to having a "legal right" i think you need to do your research a little bit more than just on valuemd, perhaps speak to a lawyer yourself and find out the real details on how most off-shore med schools are run and more specifically how st chris was run. I'm am in no way supporting the school because a lot of people got screwed by what happened but individuals like yourself need to do your research and know what your talking about before you speak or else your just gonna make an *** out of yourself and confuse people who don't know any better. Once again I don't support this school but check your facts. and I suggest Tanisha take whatever she has documentation wise and seek litigation, I'm sure some lawyer would be willing to give her advice because there are so many who have nothing better to do these days, but I highly doubt she would win in court. Especially when the documents she was sent from the school said "Non-refundable" her case is pretty simple, sucks for her because shes out 1000 bucks, the real cases are with students who paid everything and have been left out in the cold, not this b.s. But empathy, look into things before posting a reply for everything or else your just gonna look like an ***, your reply had very little to do with her situation.

First of all I am not an idiot that I don't know what the word "non-refundable" means. What in the world does that have to with what happened??? The school says it was legit and when "doing my history on the school one could see that before that whole dramamtic fiasco went down with St. Chris it was very much legit, with a good track record that it managed to develop thus far, with its past graduates getting good residencies. When the lies and other pooh-pooh began to leak and come out, that's when the real deal with the school began to go down slowly but surely, even as parents and students ;currrent and prospective were calling to find out what was truly going on, all you got were more lies and the run around, its no need to go down that path again, besides anybody who is anybody knows what happened even the state medical boards over here in the US. I always had intentions of attending here, without going elsewhere, and I was told by one of the administrators there to send in my money, that by the time I would be starting for August/September 2006, "all of this would have been cleared", so naively believing her I sent in my $1000.00 that I worked my but off for, only too find out I was also part of their scheme to sucker money from students while they still could. So with that said, why should I have to suffer out of my hard working $1000.00 because of someone else's stupidity when it was no way through no fault of mine. You know what, I am going to take your semi-good advice and find me good lawyer and to get my money back, it is not fair to make others suffer because of someone else's mistakes. Students currently here can live the fantasy world all they want to, but it's only a matter of time before St. Christopher's College of Medicine will sink and sink for good. Right now they are struggling to stay afloat and are gasping for air. You call the NY office and only on a good day will someone pick up the phone, on a semi-good day an answering machine will come on, and on a bad day, a voice mail will come on claiming that the mail box is too full. And this is the school you are supporting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????:evil: I am getting money back.

Milrinone
07-27-2006, 08:37 PM
First of all I am not an idiot that I don't know what the word "non-refundable" means. What in the world does that have to with what happened??? The school says it was legit and when "doing my history on the school one could see that before that whole dramamtic fiasco went down with St. Chris it was very much legit, with a good track record that it managed to develop thus far, with its past graduates getting good residencies. When the lies and other pooh-pooh began to leak and come out, that's when the real deal with the school began to go down slowly but surely, even as parents and students ;currrent and prospective were calling to find out what was truly going on, all you got were more lies and the run around, its no need to go down that path again, besides anybody who is anybody knows what happened even the state medical boards over here in the US. I always had intentions of attending here, without going elsewhere, and I was told by one of the administrators there to send in my money, that by the time I would be starting for August/September 2006, "all of this would have been cleared", so naively believing her I sent in my $1000.00 that I worked my but off for, only too find out I was also part of their scheme to sucker money from students while they still could. So with that said, why should I have to suffer out of my hard working $1000.00 because of someone else's stupidity when it was no way through no fault of mine. You know what, I am going to take your semi-good advice and find me good lawyer and to get my money back, it is not fair to make others suffer because of someone else's mistakes. Students currently here can live the fantasy world all they want to, but it's only a matter of time before St. Christopher's College of Medicine will sink and sink for good. Right now they are struggling to stay afloat and are gasping for air. You call the NY office and only on a good day will someone pick up the phone, on a semi-good day an answering machine will come on, and on a bad day, a voice mail will come on claiming that the mail box is too full. And this is the school you are supporting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????:evil: I am getting money back.

hello Tanisha:
have you called stchrisimd at the senegal office? I think the lady that answers the phone there might help you.... email me if you need her name and number.

empathy
07-28-2006, 09:50 AM
yes, I understand. If the school isn't all they claim to be then it is illegal for them to charge any sort of deposit -- it's called fraud. She should do her homework. Call Oregon, the GMC, etc.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.