PDA

View Full Version : Financial Aid Help Please...

Mr.Doc
06-27-2006, 01:00 AM
I want to apply for financial aid, but the ny office is not being so kind to me with the info:( . i know there is stafford, nellie mae, and healthxpress loan, but which one do i apply for? and how much should i borrow? See i have no clue at all and if i apply for it how long would the process take? would i have it in time for sept? if any students, or if just anyone can help me out with the details, i'd greatly appreciate it;) .

mr2jzgte
06-27-2006, 01:04 AM
I would like for someone to chime in as well. I am going through the same thing right now.

stillhopeful
06-27-2006, 09:43 AM
the new york office recommended that i try nellie mae. out of kasturba medical college. elegibility right now is around $36,571 for sept 06-apr 07(tuition just went up). you must be credit worthy or else apply with a coborrower who is. start asap. i don't know how long the process will take b/c i'm still going through it. i had a bit of a hard time getting a hold of someone in financial but that was not typical of my experience with them. probably due to high volume... hope this helps!!!

aedmd2b
06-27-2006, 10:57 AM
What will happen is that you need to get your eligibility notice from the New York office. They can email it to you. It will have the complete breakdown of tuition fees projected costs like transportation, food and other living expenses as well as an non specific other catagory. Once you have your EN you can apply for Nelle Mae of HeathExpress but you need to be credit worthy a beacon score of 650 or better if not you will need a cosigner. No Stafford is availible until you finish your studies on the island and get back to the states, unless you are doing your basic sciences at Kasturba. The most important thing is to keep on the New York office paperwork gets lost alot and many things slip through the cracks. So if you want to get your money on time find out exactly when they will have you EN complete and hold them to that date. The other option is to bring a few thousand down with you a nd wait for financial aid to finish bumbling. You will get your money but I know of some students who didn't get their refunds until the end of the semester. To avoid that keep on them.

Mr.Doc
06-28-2006, 01:15 AM
thanks for the info guys, i appreciate it.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.