PDA

View Full Version : my book list

2cr8tive
06-25-2006, 06:52 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have come up (from reading all your previous posts) with the following list for the first semester. I want to get a good grasp of medicine and get ready for the boards from day one. Please comment:

Texts and review materials:

Semester I

Gross Anatomy:

Netters atlas (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1416033858/valuetheplace-20)
Netters flash cards
Big Moore
BRSHistology and Cell Biology:

BRS
Required textEmbryology:

BRS
Required text???Biostatistics & Epidemiology:

Required textPatient-Doctor Skills I:

Required textExtras:

USLME first aid (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0071461159/valuetheplace-20)
A medical dictionary (Stedmanís medical dictionary)
CAPLAN (provided by school)
High Yield series (for all courses?)
MADE RIDICULOUSLY SIMPLE SERIES (for all courses?)
Flash CardsThanks

Jeep23Guy
06-25-2006, 10:25 PM
I would say that you don't really need the Moore book. They have it in the library to use.

Also, do not buy the high yield if you're buying the BRS for that subject. It's just a condensed version of the BRS. I would also not buy any of the MRS (made rediculously simple) series except for microbiology.

2cr8tive
06-26-2006, 12:44 PM
how about flash cards?

Jeep23Guy
06-27-2006, 07:16 AM
I definitely used the Netter's flashcards. It was nice to have them for me especially because then my wife could help me study and wasn't so lonely. I would definitely suggest getting them and you can always sell them to the next class when you're done. As far as other flashcards go, I find it's better to make your own. I use note-cards and it's an extra studying step while you're making them (even though it takes forever sometimes). It's a lot of work, but it will pay off.

2cr8tive
06-27-2006, 12:47 PM
there are flashcards for bones and muscles etc

are they useful?

Banker794
07-02-2006, 06:49 AM
I found them to be useful in conjunction with other notes and books. The cards alone will not suffice.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.