PDA

View Full Version : Question about book editions

Madinat
06-23-2006, 09:16 PM
some of the books they "updated" on the site are older editions. should we buy these or get the newer editions? does it even matter? i'm asking because the price difference between the ones i saw was $2-5...

and yeah, i'm one of those wierd people who keep my books forever--most of them anyway. so could getting a newer edition now be better for me in the long run?

current students especially, can you answer this one for me?

jameslynton
06-23-2006, 09:46 PM
This has always been a problem dealing with book editions. I had it all threw college. If in doubt get the lastest edition. I have ordered most of my first semester books this week and was happy to find five books on my doorstep when I got home today. I was glad to get a brand new Guyton Physiology Book. (Yea - I know it is not a book for AUA but I like it and got a good price on it.) I have heard it is out of print. I got a mix of new and used books. They all appear to be in very good to excellent condition.

I to like to keep my books. Some are like old friends and I enjoy looking up stuff in them. Others - after the class - they will be sale bait to the next class. The issue is we will need references for the Step 1 exam also. So picking which ones will work for review is difficult.

jameslynton
06-25-2006, 10:28 PM
Hey Incoming September 06 students,
Madinat and I met with Dakota and Mardi_gras on Saturday for lunch in Atlanta. Dakota and Mardi_gras recommended we add HY anatomy and FA (First Aid 2006) to the books for fall. Hint- hint.

I finished ordering all of the books via A*****n. I have already gotten about three books already - All the books I got used are in great shape and at a great price. So don't be afraid to save a few bucks and get used books.

RAVINDERDHIMAN
06-26-2006, 10:45 AM
Hey Incoming September 06 students,
Madinat and I met with Dakota and Mardi_gras on Saturday for lunch in Atlanta. Dakota and Mardi_gras recommended we add HY anatomy and FA (First Aid 2006) to the books for fall. Hint- hint.

I finished ordering all of the books via A*****n. I have already gotten about three books already - All the books I got used are in great shape and at a great price. So don't be afraid to save a few bucks and get used books.

Is that AMAZON you mean or some other website???

hws1325
06-26-2006, 11:49 AM
I think it is A M A Zon..on the main page for the Caribbean Medical School Link and under where it says American University of Antigua..there's a sub-link that says AUA books (http://www.valuemd.com/auabooks.php) and has them as the sponsored site for the first semester books

jameslynton
06-26-2006, 05:04 PM
Is that AMAZON you mean or some other website???Yes - it is - don't want to pull a TOS warning

jameslynton
06-27-2006, 06:46 PM
Hey Incoming students! I wanted a new Student Workbook to Accompany Mosby's Guide.

I ordered this one on Amazon. May want to order on one of their vendors who has it in stock.

Items not yet shipped:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/x-locale/common/icons/arrow_subordinate.gif Delivery estimate: July 28, 2006 - August 15, 2006
1 of: Student Workbook to Accompany Mosby's Guide to Physical Examination

jameslynton
06-29-2006, 11:25 PM
Hey - upcoming September 06'ser - I got home to night from the airport to find most but not all of my books for fall on the door just waiting to be opened and I just had to open and look at them. We have some serious kick a-s-s books (I do love books) by the way. The Netter was pristine and the Mosby Guide was well over the top. I got the High Yeild Gross Anatomy - Dakota and Mardi_Gras recommended (thanks you both - hint-hint - not on the book list but a Kick a-s-s book to have). So right now I am in heaven I don't know which one to read. Most of the used books I got look like they were own by a little ol' lady who did not even drive them on Sunday.

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.