PDA

View Full Version : Tuition Increase

jameslynton
06-20-2006, 04:01 PM
June 16, 2006

Dear Students,

Please be advised that as of September 1, 2006 tuition and fees for the University
will be as follows:

Tuition:
Pre-Med
$5,565 per semester

Basic Science
$9,010 per semester

Clinical Instruction
$10,070 per semester

Lab Fee
$250 per semester for Basic Science

Administration Fee
$175 per semester

Testing Fee
$100 per semester for semesters 1 -5

Student Service Fee
$40 per semester for Pre-Med & Basic Science

Please feel free to contact the Bursarís office with any questions.

Sincerely,
The University Bursar

AUA College of Medicine
501 5th Avenue
Suite 1600
New York, NY 10003

ut_cougar
06-20-2006, 04:28 PM
What a rip off...

jameslynton
06-20-2006, 04:32 PM
With getting NY approval - they need more staff. It is actually logical in a business sort of way.

RAVINDERDHIMAN
06-21-2006, 08:41 AM
I am starting basic science program in september and i have to pay $9000 per semester so tution fees is increased $1000.00, and i was also told by the ny office that it will increase every semester.Any comments????.

MDXRS22
06-21-2006, 11:30 AM
Every single dime is well spent here, and I don't have any complaint...the school is improving and our campuses are getting better and better.

At least, there is something to show and talk about...progress is costly.

Scott1981
06-21-2006, 02:09 PM
With getting NY approval - they need more staff. It is actually logical in a business sort of way.

sounds plausible, but its not realistic. aua is just joining in on the tuition increases across all carib med programs. AUC has been status quo with state approvals for many years, but there has been a tuition increase like clockwork each and every year.

juhmal2000
06-21-2006, 03:59 PM
How was the experience?

thats almost a crazy question you have the chance to become a MD!

What is the first thought that comes to mind when you think of the AUA?

feel free to tell any information that you fell good to share with a new student I hope

CaliforniaEquality
06-22-2006, 02:34 PM
http://www.sgu.edu/website/sguwebsite.nsf/Medicine/financialaidMED.htm#tuition

sgu's tutition is about $17000/semester!!! crazy!

http://www.rossu.edu/files/MedRates2006-0720060530.pdf

ross's tuition is 12125/semester, 5th semester 13250!

http://www.aucmed.edu/admissions/tuition_fees.htm

AUc's tution 11000/semester, 5th 11500

ut_cougar
06-23-2006, 05:19 AM
Ross and AUC being the only justified ones...St George is a waste considering it is on the same plain as ross and AUC...I think Ross is slightly above the rest...for those TX people they can shimmy on in with no concerns...so technically ALL the big carib schools are 49 state and not 50 state, except for Ross which is a 50 state school. I know, I know, you can figure out ways and some St George and some AUC students have gained residency and very few have gained permanent licensing in TX, but only Ross will let those TX students come in just like they are students who went to a TX med school...just trying to explain why I think Ross is the only school who justifies the $12k tuition. And St George has a name and a "pretty" campus, but most students would rather keep that extra $60000 in their pockets. AUC is worth it just to be able to live on a party island and have fun, but then in the long run, fun = trouble (too much of it). AUA is trying to grow, technically I am absolutely positive when I say ALL carib schools are trying to grow...does that mean they will? does that mean they will succeed in the end? who knows...but paying any more tuition for AUA then for MUA is an absolute waste.

ut_cougar
06-23-2006, 05:21 AM
not to mention I hear AUA has all sorts of extra fees outside of the tuition, by the time your done your adding another few hundred bucks in random fees, maybe even more. Ya know, the old, "lab fee" "admin fee" "earth day fee" "student govnmt fee" "library fee" and "slide fee" "mothers day fee" some schools pile it on...I think it is st eustatius or st james that charges reasonably cheap tuition but has an administration fee of $2000 or $3000/semester pretty slick until you find out that tuition isnt $5000 it is $7500...

ravaldo
06-28-2006, 05:38 PM
Ross is one of the worst school in the islands, the only reason they are approved in 50 states is bc they have the most money, if you realize how many students they accept, they spend there money on advertizing in the form open houses, lobyists to pressure state lawmakers, and lawyers, VERY LITTLE money goes back into the school, and they can give a .... about any student there, I belive AUA is a step above ROSS anyday. THEY are larger then any other school in the islands, and they are the 2nd oldest, but just like cars, older and larger does not mean better efficiency

jameslynton
06-28-2006, 06:24 PM
Ross is one of the ... does not mean... Hey ravaldo - no Ross bashing here this is for AUA issues only. Keep Ross out of this. If you don't like Ross - post on their forum not here. Don't backdoor bash them here please. I have buds at Ross and they are nice folks.

As the moderator Queen would say - get a pair of manpants. You don't like Ross for what ever reasons - then face the fire and post over there.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.