PDA

View Full Version : a few questions

futuremd03
06-20-2006, 01:20 AM
Hi everyone, I just have a few questions to ask current students at AUA.
1) the types of learning facilities provided to you guys
2) I saw a picture of the building, is it fully owned by the school? Does the whole thing belong to aua?
3) what are the teachers like? do you feel they are covering all the necessary info?

It's very hard deciding on a medical school, and I'm hoping someone can give me details about the campus, teachers, and facilities. Thanks.

MDXRS22
06-20-2006, 05:22 AM
Hi everyone, I just have a few questions to ask current students at AUA.
1) the types of learning facilities provided to you guys
2) I saw a picture of the building, is it fully owned by the school? Does the whole thing belong to aua?
3) what are the teachers like? do you feel they are covering all the necessary info?

It's very hard deciding on a medical school, and I'm hoping someone can give me details about the campus, teachers, and facilities. Thanks.

AUA has two campuses, West Campus and East Campus. The west Campus, which is where most the action takes place, labs, spacious classrooms, eating area as well as other stuff, is fully owned by the school. The East Campus, multiple buildings and offices, which houses part of the school office and where a few classes are taught, student lounge, a small on campus bakery, is partly owned by the school, because it's a shared/ commercialized area.

The teaching body is like what you would find in many Caribbean and US schools. The best thing is that diversity rules above all. From Indians professors, US Born professors, English professors, Roumanian, AFrican professors and other nationalities that I did not care to ask about. They do deliver the materials as expected, and take that from me and from other students that I know and talk to from the other semesters.

It's very hard deciding over what school to attend. I wish you the best in your decision. If you have any other questions, just PM me or ask it here, and I will answer when time allows me to do so.:)

Be safe!

aedmd2b
06-20-2006, 07:24 AM
Oh yeah by the way AUA is building a new campus from the ground up complete with dorms the present campus will be used for the nursing and or vet school soon to be started. The instruction here is very impressive especially the biochem/genetics instructors. The microbiology professor goes way over the top with his instruction but he does cover everything that is important plus lots of stuff that you will never see on the boards. He is a real nice guy and very passionate about teaching he is just somewhat unrealistic with the time he requires as well as volume of information. Anatomy is very well taught especially histo. Physiology as well as Neuro is top notch. I know because I went to a U.S. school many years ago. Recently AUA has gotten N.Y. recognition. From what I understand from the president we are the youngest school ever to attempt as well as get approval. I hope that this answers your questions but if you have more feel free to post them or pm me.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.