PDA

View Full Version : Dont take AUA seriously

teddyrose
06-11-2006, 02:03 AM
For anyone who is serious about studying and practicing medicine, stay away from AUA "college of medicine," plain and simple.

I applied to the premed program predominately because I wanted to speed things up...bypass mcats and get into a program where I could complete the prereqs and move right into the MD program without the hastle of reapplication. At first I thought I was straight with AUA and its program, but thank God, l found out the weaknesses of their program before investing time and money in it. To all of u who are on this board posting, "I got in! See you in September," you people really need to slow it up and take a second look at this school. I did a complete 180 as soon as I learned the truth.

They make everything sound straight during their recruiting process...calling you on the phone, schmoozing you, and basically making you feel courted...but if you pay close attention, they dont go into too much specifics about their program. What they will tell you is that the program can be completed in 40 months, students can sit for USMLE's, the fifth semester is in Miami, and semesters six through ten are done in "affiliated hospitals" in NY, NJ, MD, GA, and FL.

What they wont tell you is that,

1) they have no graduates or no track record

2) no one in residencies (because no graduates, duh)

3) the AUA degree isnt even formally recognized in any of these state where there are so called "affiliated hospitals" (again, because of no grads and certain states requiring specific "approval"--dont you get tired of that word on these threads?)

4) no recognition of degrees by state med boards means no extended clerkships (12 plus weeks) which in many states excludes a person from completing a residency

5) A website with many typos and misspellings (even though they've redone it about three times---you'd think they'd fix those by now).

6) A school with basically no admission standards...I've seen post of people who said they made it in with a 2.6 overall...Standards are pretty damn low.

7) the school they supposedly "twin" with, is having their own issues with derecognition by whoever runs the show in India.

8) they never make it clear if there are actual contractual agreements between these "affiliated hospitals" or just some doctor who lets AUA students shadow them without the board even knowing.

I could go on with about ten more disturbing things...I'm not trying to be some kind of a pric. I just want those who have the chance to make a choice to make the right one, and not deal with this school.

Honestly, for anyone who hasn't completed the premed sciences just yet, I suggest you do it the old fashioned way and stay in the states. After I found all this stuff out about AUA's program, I was disappointed. But imagine how disappointed I would've been to invest 4 years of time and money and come back home and constantly have to defend my credentials from a shaky, if not shady program.

Keep it real, unless you've really bombed out in undergrad, or really just want to study in the sun, trying for a US school is the best bet. If you really want it, you'll get it. I have a friend who tried and failed twice, spending thousands of dollars on applications for two years. But she never gave up, and on her third time around, she got in to a US school. Like I said, if you really want it and are willing to work for it, you can get it...even if it takes years and many rejections. Dont settle for crap like AUA or some of these other "offshore" programs. (I'm not talking about a school like SGU though. SGU's program is serious.) It's not that serious and no one should be that desperate. If you are, than maybe you're not meant to practice medicine. Besides, there seems to be a lot of insecurity from students in these programs, especially AUA's. Why do people still bother with them when the warnings are out there????

MDXRS22
06-11-2006, 07:53 AM
For anyone who is serious about studying and practicing medicine, stay away from AUA "college of medicine," plain and simple.

I applied to the premed program predominately because I wanted to speed things up...bypass mcats and get into a program where I could complete the prereqs and move right into the MD program without the hastle of reapplication. At first I thought I was straight with AUA and its program, but thank God, l found out the weaknesses of their program before investing time and money in it. To all of u who are on this board posting, "I got in! See you in September," you people really need to slow it up and take a second look at this school. I did a complete 180 as soon as I learned the truth.

They make everything sound straight during their recruiting process...calling you on the phone, schmoozing you, and basically making you feel courted...but if you pay close attention, they dont go into too much specifics about their program. What they will tell you is that the program can be completed in 40 months, students can sit for USMLE's, the fifth semester is in Miami, and semesters six through ten are done in "affiliated hospitals" in NY, NJ, MD, GA, and FL.

What they wont tell you is that,

1) they have no graduates or no track record

2) no one in residencies (because no graduates, duh)

3) the AUA degree isnt even formally recognized in any of these state where there are so called "affiliated hospitals" (again, because of no grads and certain states requiring specific "approval"--dont you get tired of that word on these threads?)

4) no recognition of degrees by state med boards means no extended clerkships (12 plus weeks) which in many states excludes a person from completing a residency

5) A website with many typos and misspellings (even though they've redone it about three times---you'd think they'd fix those by now).

6) A school with basically no admission standards...I've seen post of people who said they made it in with a 2.6 overall...Standards are pretty damn low.

7) the school they supposedly "twin" with, is having their own issues with derecognition by whoever runs the show in India.

8) they never make it clear if there are actual contractual agreements between these "affiliated hospitals" or just some doctor who lets AUA students shadow them without the board even knowing.

I could go on with about ten more disturbing things...I'm not trying to be some kind of a pric. I just want those who have the chance to make a choice to make the right one, and not deal with this school.

Honestly, for anyone who hasn't completed the premed sciences just yet, I suggest you do it the old fashioned way and stay in the states. After I found all this stuff out about AUA's program, I was disappointed. But imagine how disappointed I would've been to invest 4 years of time and money and come back home and constantly have to defend my credentials from a shaky, if not shady program.

Keep it real, unless you've really bombed out in undergrad, or really just want to study in the sun, trying for a US school is the best bet. If you really want it, you'll get it. I have a friend who tried and failed twice, spending thousands of dollars on applications for two years. But she never gave up, and on her third time around, she got in to a US school. Like I said, if you really want it and are willing to work for it, you can get it...even if it takes years and many rejections. Dont settle for crap like AUA or some of these other "offshore" programs. (I'm not talking about a school like SGU though. SGU's program is serious.) It's not that serious and no one should be that desperate. If you are, than maybe you're not meant to practice medicine. Besides, there seems to be a lot of insecurity from students in these programs, especially AUA's. Why do people still bother with them when the warnings are out there????

As the saying goes,” Don’t lick your fingers unless it’s peanut butter that you accidentally touched with them, and not the other buttery stuff.”

Maybe you are still reading the pages of Value MD, or you are plainly mocking those who are spending the time to lunch over what was previously posted. It’s seemed like all who barked louder than Theodore, the neighbor’s dog, is always the one who suddenly found that his or her path for success could not be achieved in a day lesser of misery. Maybe schools should be just a plain invitation to come in and receive a diploma without having the burden to learn at all. Is that what you want to do? Feel free to buy a diploma on the milling industry then!
A smart statement is purely logical when its premises fall within its assumption and its meaning with certainty. That’s why you should stay in the states, take your classes there, such as logic/philosophy and what would make you even a better speller, better than those at AUA, and if you failed while sliding on shaky ground, then give AUA a call or the affiliated hospitals that are mentioned on their page instead of running away from the whole truth of your unstated failure. There are people in those hospitals that are willing to help you with all your questions and concerns…or take a bus trip to one of them, if you are in the States, and find out for yourself instead of lamenting of what you should be aware of untimely. Did you call one of the affiliated hospitals? Maybe not! I did when I wanted to secure my time and money wisely and not stupidly. I had many good and half way there answers, but I chose what was helpful in the making of me the MD that I want to be, just like soap, like your dream and then…Bam! Legacy or Emeril.

As you said, you wanted to bypass the MCAT and be the “ MD” of your dream! Just a reminder and maybe a tedious slap on the wrist, pal! Many students admitted at AUA with low GPAs, so as many other schools in the Caribbean, and even the big shot or supposedly big shot you eloquently mentioned at the end of your speech, accepted students with such because they did quite well on their MCAT and did not want to spend anymore time in a class room in order to raise their dying or already dead GPAs. And age is a factor as well. Not too many of them though did it like you wanted to, and I bet you are slumping the ropes because you can’t pass that crappy MCAT test like many of us did. If the latter is wrong of a heinous statement, just prove me wrong and go ahead and beat the hell out of that test instead of complaining about a school that has been in existence into forth a few years and not to have graduates yet. Just take the time to read and understand some basic statements before lunching with folded wings.

Why should anyone take AUA seriously? Uh, uh! I missed that part in the gutter of my incapacitated brain! Let me rephrase the whole. Why should I take you seriously when you have not even been on this site posting and suddenly want to convert me into READALLISM I don’t believe in that religion and I may not be a follower, just a leader instead. One of the reasons why I chose AUA as well and you can feel it rolling proudly within.

Talking about recognition, you are maybe thinking that AUA students, those in rotation in Miami, ATL, NJ, MD and many other places are just there because of some big shot that let them in through a back door. Just stop cutting the dirt and cut the grass instead! Maybe you should call the States and ask your favorite lawmaker why AUA students are rotating in those hospitals. HAHA! You even trimmed us, students at AUA, with the word “INSECURITY.” Let me just flip the coin in your corner, though you may not realize how insecure your traceless assumptions are and falling across is your mentality at not explaining stuff the way it is, which makes us the well secured on the other side of the river.

Bathe as long as you think that the water is deeper enough to swim you in, and don’t call for the brush that can’t reach your back. You may have to use your hands to scrub thoroughly. We don’t have faith in words here, we have faith in books and a desire to lean and repair our past mistakes while we were navigating blindly during our college days. If you want to learn, and not asking the school to feed you while leaning on the edges of your own fiasco, come to AUA and make the best out of your learning experiences. Like you said,” Keep it real, unless you've really bombed out in undergrad, or really just want to study in the sun, trying for a US school is the best bet.” I am sure you are not blown away and bombed through in college yet, which makes it easier for you to keep your **** where you think it belongs.

And for any one like you who believes that AUA will just ask you to register and stay at the bar with a glass of dry ash and shot of vodka on the rocks, stay away please. Your warning might be best used if you cautiously apply it to your own demise and merits.

Don’t take AUA seriously because students there are learning and not being crammed by the hundreds in a room where they are just a number.
Don’t take AUA seriously because your education matters more to you than it does to AUA.
Please don’t even take AUA seriously if you think that you might get a shot at faking USMLE like you are planning for your MCAT. Cause my pal, there is no way pass that one, and you must proudly pass that test, which is what AUA offers you all, and the other schools do too. Plain and simple! You don’t need a pair of glasses to think, do you?

I hope you do well!

tRmedic21
06-11-2006, 08:12 AM
<insert gobbldygook here>

Wow, that tirade was next to unreadable for me. Sorry, perhaps my feeble brain can't follow all the misused analogies and hyperbole and whatever else the heck you were spouting. I'm serious, man, almost NONE of that made any sense to me! Cutting the dirt? READALLISM? Glass of dry ash?

At the very least, having your whole post in italics makes it hard to read as it is!

MDXRS22
06-11-2006, 08:18 AM
Wow, that tirade was next to unreadable for me. Sorry, perhaps my feeble brain can't follow all the misused analogies and hyperbole and whatever else the heck you were spouting. I'm serious, man, almost NONE of that made any sense to me! Cutting the dirt? READALLISM? Glass of dry ash?

At the very least, having your whole post in italics makes it hard to read as it is!
LOL
It's just the irony of writing:)
read all ism= read any posted stuff

cutting the dirt= don't go the other way around
dry ash= used to describe a drunk who can't take anymore drinks

Just read between the lines.
The analogies are simple: They are meant to make you think too.

tRmedic21
06-11-2006, 08:48 AM
Haha... ok, well, thinking is something I do at work... not when I'm relaxing on the boards at home. Oh well, different strokes for different folks... I still think your style does not lend itself well to making a point. Seems much too round-about to me.

Oh well, like I said though, my brain is feeble... to many years being pickled by Carib. :D

MDXRS22
06-11-2006, 08:57 AM
Haha... ok, well, thinking is something I do at work... not when I'm relaxing on the boards at home. Oh well, different strokes for different folks... I still think your style does not lend itself well to making a point. Seems much too round-about to me.

Oh well, like I said though, my brain is feeble... to many years being pickled by Carib. :D

I love the last statement:):):)

Yeah. On this board, one must be careful at not insulting folks...sensitivity matters too. That's why we often go round and about with stuff:)

Some will get it, and some will not. Just to keep the mods away with that edit post stuff:) Steph and T are good at that one:)

teratos
06-11-2006, 09:25 AM
I love the last statement:):):)

Yeah. On this board, one must be careful at not insulting folks...sensitivity matters too. That's why we often go round and about with stuff:)

Some will get it, and some will not. Just to keep the mods away with that edit post stuff:) Steph and T are good at that one:)

Yeah, I take that as a personal insult...please edit....;)

MDXRS22
06-11-2006, 09:27 AM
Yeah, I take that as a personal insult...please edit....;)

OOPS!

I did not know you were paying attention:);) My bad!

teratos
06-11-2006, 10:46 AM
OOPS!

I did not know you were paying attention:);) My bad!

Hehe :twisted:

teddyrose
06-12-2006, 01:26 AM
I was just about to be done with the message board after two post, but its people like you who always give me another reason to post again.

1st, that was a hell of a reply...a hell of a reply that I didn't bother to finish reading. :twisted: I scrolled down to the next reply and dude right under you said it all when he called your blog "unreadable."

2nd, seems like you taking things a little personal...infering this and assuming that, based on the fact that I believe AUA sucks. Like I said, I didn't finish reading what you had to say (thanks for reading mine though :twisted: ), but the part I did read never refuted any of my claims against the school. It just invented reasons why I'm "really" this, that, or the other.

3rd, who are you trying to impress on valuemd, sounding like a pseudo-intellectual?

4th, I'm about six preqs shy of taking the mcats---no bio yet, no orgo, or no physics. Why would you try and knock me for wanting to bypass mcats? You ever heard of a post-bacc program? That's basically what a lot of them do. Matter of fact, I got into the post-bacc program at CCNY last September, but didn't attend because of the commute and scheduling. You could see why I thought I could "speed things up" with AUA after basically loosing a semester.

5th, You sound like a real genius, MDXRwhateva. Could it be that the very reason I put AUA on blast is because they couldn't answer these questions, or just flat out refused to? The problem with AUA is that they couldn't answer any of my questions, from the trivial, to the dire. In the end, I felt like I was the one who was dumb for even dealing with them. Hmmm, that gets me thinking, are you dealing with them? Maybe that's why you come off sounding so dumb. :confused:

6th, as for my girl who finally made it in...it doesn't matter how much she flopped, how tired she got of school, or how many times she took the mcats---she still made it, and she's making it now! :cool: And yes, I said and meant INSECURE! :twisted: Some of these mofos on here be sounding reeeaaal insecure---insecure about where they can practice, who's got "approval," and some be insecure about if they can even get in. :shock: I'm just callin it like I see it. Why kittyfoot around it?

7th, I wasn't on this thread tryin to knock anyone pursuing their purpose or dream. I'm mainly tryin to give a heads up to someone who may be like me, looking for a fast way through. I smartened up before I wasted precious time and money. There is no fast way. You either got it or you dont, or you work even harder and make up for what you dont have (like my girl did). If I was so wrong in my post, u should've corrected me with the truth. Instead, u just proved to the world that truth is a bitter pill to swallow. Too bad its too late for you to spit this one out. :cry:

And thanks. I will do well.

MDXRS22
06-12-2006, 06:20 AM
Ah, the perfection of being stylistically fit has really to do with being well educated and well fashioned on all aspects. I am not a genius. I am just one among many who went to a small college where English was well taught.

You did not read it all, but you managed to answer the very last drop of it! Thatís a sign you are getting closer to pay attention to details. You will need that one if you are planning for that MCAT. Just read instead of flopping senselessly around words that make your mind tingle.

It's not too complicated to read through and within the lines to understand some simple statements. Thatís the elastic appearance of the English language and many other languages.

I was not trying to impress you or anyone on this board. There are too many smart folks that I personally know on this board. I would not devote that much energy to rove over any specific detail asserted to your quest for information, but I really quenched the thirst of you coming around like a sledge hammer stumping on the very students, who may not really have nothing to do with whatever your spanning is with the institution. If you really paid close attention to what I wrote, you would have understood that it was more of an advice than a wrist slashing. I managed to make it clear to you that you should try to make it in the states and Finish your college there instead of gobbling with statements that would only prove your weakness at not being able to pass the MCAT like we all did, and then, move along the chosen path of your desire.

I was not trying to pout you down either as you did for the whole. But if you believe it was so, just gather the roses and take them through the wind. Should I explain this part too? Ok. Itís simple! If you are offended by my statements, which you tagged as being personal, call it what is it or make it your own poison. I am at peace with my own destiny, pal. Been there and done thatÖ

I donít need to enumerate points to make you understand that youíre as weak as the morning breeze. You better take it slow or you might hit brick wall on your way up. If you really wanted to know so much, there are many ways, as I previously wrote, to find out what you wanted instead of making false claims that would not even budge this administration. AUA has only been around for a few years, and you are already asking for the whereabouts of its graduates. Believe me; people in that office are smarter than you thought. They donít have to take your febrile loops for walk or even a talk. They are professionals at work, and if you think your dance in the rain will make them bring you in, you must be among the fools waiting for the moon to fall. Should I explain this one? They are not a bunch of idiots who decided to open a school after a wild dream. I bet you read about them on the very site you claimed is so grammatically incorrect.

As I said, pal, you have the choice and itís all in your hands. I donít have to baby seat you and coach you on what to do. You just said that you are only a few credits away from being ready to embark on that roller coaster. Be the hero that you are without slandering a school that you donít really know anything about and its functioning patterns.

Please take the time to read on your own before making statements that may spin your intellectualism as a faulty gage of your lack of aptitude to learn and be heard. If you could not understand my previous post, how the hell youíre going to pass the verbal and reasoning part of the MCAT? Sorry, you will not take the MCAT. My bad!

You are the master of your own destiny! Just do not bring folks down in order to promote your ego or satisfy your crumbling emotion.

Rest in peace!

dt
06-12-2006, 06:50 AM
I am just one among many who went to a small college where English was well taught.

As I said, pal, you have the choice and itís all in your hands. I donít have to baby seat you and coach you on what to do.

babysit??

;)

MDXRS22
06-12-2006, 09:34 AM
babysit??

;)
Maybe I should run a grammar school. LOL:):)I was not referring to a babysitter!The logical meaning goes far beyond of a babysitter. Baby seater/ Babysitter; one is the action of the keeper from a remote environment; one is that act of handling one at such extent (on the job)Please check with lexic II and meaning of idioms.Poor world!

You are cracking me up:)

Atrain97
06-12-2006, 06:01 PM
Yo Yo, homey. Did you spit on AUA while your girl was busy kickin it trying to get into States schools. Them posts was mad whack. Your right this place is shady like Eminem yo know what I'm sayin.

On a serious note maybe you should bypass the MCAT's take it from Verbal has no references to Eazy-E, Snoop Dogg, or 50 Cent. Listen all of you're issues have been discussed on previous posts. But in case you missed it, first nobody has ever graduated from this school. Much like nobody graduated from SGU in its first two years. That is well known. I guess you are of the opinion that AUA should put on their catalog: "NO MEDICAL GRADUATES". Don't think so. Next, you're accusations about rotations are unfounded and illogical. There are many students who some of us are still in contact with at these clinical sites and they are not unregualted shadowings of doctors. That was a highly irresponsible comment bordering on slander. Finally, you're lack of understanding of Carib medical schools is really noticeable especially to those of us who have been on this board for any period of time. Very few of these schools have stringent admissions standards, especially those that cannot afford to. The one's that do only do so because they have a pool of thoudands of applicants to do so. Not a knock but its a fact. One day AUA will be difficult to get into and then there will be another school out there people can complain about not having admissions standards.

Listen buddy, or better yet kid, son, homey, dogg, or whatever you people who let Yo MTV raps infiltrate you're vocabulary say nowadays. Many of could not get into U.S. schools for various and we are trying to correct our former misdeeds now. So get off it. Pick something new.

MDXRS22
06-12-2006, 06:40 PM
That fool is a basket of TROLL:)
I just had a PM about his trolling ****. :)

Don't feed him anymore...unless he pokes my eyes.

tRmedic21
06-12-2006, 07:05 PM
Maybe I should run a grammar school. LOL:):)I was not referring to a babysitter!The logical meaning goes far beyond of a babysitter. Baby seater/ Babysitter; one is the action of the keeper from a remote environment; one is that act of handling one at such extent (on the job)Please check with lexic II and meaning of idioms.Poor world!

You are cracking me up:)

I gotta call ** on this one... you are really stretching now, and I don't buy this 'explanation' for a second. You could have tried to take the high road, but now you've just shown yourself as someone who can't even laugh at the irony of his own mistakes.

That's kewl, man. We all think you're very very smart now... hahaha.

MDXRS22
06-12-2006, 07:52 PM
I gotta call ** on this one... you are really stretching now, and I don't buy this 'explanation' for a second. You could have tried to take the high road, but now you've just shown yourself as someone who can't even laugh at the irony of his own mistakes.

That's kewl, man. We all think you're very very smart now... hahaha.

Believe me if you want!
Please stop that smart thing! I got the joke:):)

I am a cool, relax dude and a fervent lover of jokes. If you meet me in person, you may start laughing at the first bargain.

I was not trying to act smart on that one, and I am cool when I am wrong to point it out. My explanation of the mentioned is simple and was taken under such context. Just ironically given and taken. I am possitive. How could you babysit and coach one whow is not in your domain?
The idiom was called forth to set the tempo at guiding and coaching in the distance of one's mind. Just go read the Mark of his hidden sword by Beatrice Lafond (French) she made that reference to a lover who was previously involved in a relationship and she told him, "I may have to baby seat your attitudes, but your conversation is fruitless and will not reach my soul." She was not talking the charge of babysitting the person, but she was making an emotional appeal to a childish conduct.

Ok. I should go back to the books. It was a pleasure:)

Can't touch this! MC Hammer:)

tRmedic21
06-12-2006, 07:58 PM
And once again... I still think you're simply trying to impress the newbies. It's simply boorish to the rest of us.

MDXRS22
06-12-2006, 08:13 PM
And once again... I still think you're simply trying to impress the newbies. It's simply boorish to the rest of us.

What's the purpose of impressing the newbies?:)

Be for real, man.
I have been in here that long, and how many times you saw me going at someone unless its a take on what I am aware???????

Maybe boorish to you, but don't speak for the rest of the world;)

You are just one man and one voice, pal.

By the way, my manners and behavioral contempt are well set on the hill.

Your loutish is my fortune then;)

teddyrose
06-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Interesting how two of AUA's best and brightest have managed to expose the calibur of some who are being taught medicine on Antiguan shores. :rolleyes:

Somewhere along the line, the Atrain ran off the tracks. Maybe he (probably she) thought it would spice up their post to throw in the "Yo, yo homey? Did your girl, etc..." But you really just sound dense and stuck up. Maybe that's your way of compensating for being a has-been; washed up and washed out of undergrad circa '97, only to end up desperate and marooned at AUA college of medicine. The sun down there is hot, and I think it just might've gone to your brain. :cool:

Whether the "issues" I brought up about AUA have already been discussed matters not. What matters is that too many of them are still unresolved. Whether these are old truths, new truths, or recycled truths doesn't change the fact that they are truths. And the truth that I've discovered from my dealings with AUA administration, including all other issues concerning its program, is that AUA shouldn't be taken seriously...at least not by serious students who still have a long ways to go in the first place. I guess its sensible for a person like you, who has admitted to being a US reject ("Many of could not get into U.S. schools for various and we are trying to correct our former misdeeds now."), to embrace an AUA education---a second chance at a dream deferred. And then there are those who are like me, who might've been looking to hasten the process. My original post was meant to reach them and convey the lessons of my own mistakes in looking for a shortcut, particularly in looking to AUA. I'm sorry that your tired, overgrown feathers got ruffled in the process. Sounds like they needed to be plucked anyway.

And as for my girl, HOMEY, she and many others spit on AUA everytime one of them gains entrance into a school on the mainland---something you'd probably risk sailing to Florida in a row boat for. I'm done with you Atrain. Bon voyage!

:offtopic:

Now on to contestant number two...

I'll keep this brief as a testament to what it means to be clear, consistent, and consice in one's writing.

Verbosity is not impressive. Apparantly, MDXRS22 feels that the more he saturates his rants with convoluted metaphores, senseless, stretched analogies, and newly coined terms to express them, the more readers will confuse his arrogance for intellect. Not so with this reader: the bull is very noticable.

Most of the time on this thread, the discussion turned away from the contents of my original post to the contents of your unintelligible one. No one seems to like what you have to say, or at least the way you try to say it. In your case, however, you didn't like what I had to say, because it was a direct attack on your institution. Understandable. But what I can't come to terms with is:

1) Why has a person who's supposed to be so verbally capable failed to notice the at least six misspellings and grammatical errors on the AUA FAQ page? More importantly, why hasn't administration noticed? :shock: :confused:

2) What is a person who's supposed to be so verbally capable, and a master at the MCAT verbal section, doing at AUA in the first place? Did you ace that and bomb everything else? :shock: :confused:

You let me know and maybe there might be another reason for me to address you on this forum. ;)

jameslynton
06-12-2006, 10:22 PM
Hi Teddyrose - According to you own posts you came here to write two posts about AUA. However, my take is this:

from here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll#Examples

In Internet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet) terminology (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminology), a troll is someone who comes into an established community such as an online discussion forum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum), and posts inflammatory, rude or offensive messages designed intentionally to annoy and antagonize the existing members or disrupt the flow of discussion.

Yes, these poster have their flaws - we all do. So what?
Based on the above website - Which one of these are you then? :confused:
One-shot trolls :soap:

Disruptive trolls:bla:

Attention-seeking trolls :tongue2:

For better or worst - they made their choice. You don't have to pour lemon juice in their paper cuts do you.

Got this link from a troll who came on VMD who is now banned on VMD. Please have a nice life - I doubt anyone else will be feeding you here.

By the way - why don't you go post some of this on the SGU forum...I am sure you will get a great reception there.

dt
06-12-2006, 10:34 PM

I'm with you on this one, tRmedic21.

oh, well...

MDXRS22
06-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Interesting how two of AUA's best and brightest have managed to expose the calibur of some who are being taught medicine on Antiguan shores. :rolleyes:

Somewhere along the line, the Atrain ran off the tracks. Maybe he (probably she) thought it would spice up their post to throw in the "Yo, yo homey? Did your girl, etc..." But you really just sound dense and stuck up. Maybe that's your way of compensating for being a has-been; washed up and washed out of undergrad circa '97, only to end up desperate and marooned at AUA college of medicine. The sun down there is hot, and I think it just might've gone to your brain. :cool:

Whether the "issues" I brought up about AUA have already been discussed matters not. What matters is that too many of them are still unresolved. Whether these are old truths, new truths, or recycled truths doesn't change the fact that they are truths. And the truth that I've discovered from my dealings with AUA administration, including all other issues concerning its program, is that AUA shouldn't be taken seriously...at least not by serious students who still have a long ways to go in the first place. I guess its sensible for a person like you, who has admitted to being a US reject ("Many of could not get into U.S. schools for various and we are trying to correct our former misdeeds now."), to embrace an AUA education---a second chance at a dream deferred. And then there are those who are like me, who might've been looking to hasten the process. My original post was meant to reach them and convey the lessons of my own mistakes in looking for a shortcut, particularly in looking to AUA. I'm sorry that your tired, overgrown feathers got ruffled in the process. Sounds like they needed to be plucked anyway.

And as for my girl, HOMEY, she and many others spit on AUA everytime one of them gains entrance into a school on the mainland---something you'd probably risk sailing to Florida in a row boat for. I'm done with you Atrain. Bon voyage!

:offtopic:

Now on to contestant number two...

I'll keep this brief as a testament to what it means to be clear, consistent, and consice in one's writing.

Verbosity is not impressive. Apparantly, MDXRS22 feels that the more he saturates his rants with convoluted metaphores, senseless, stretched analogies, and newly coined terms to express them, the more readers will confuse his arrogance for intellect. Not so with this reader: the bull is very noticable.

Most of the time on this thread, the discussion turned away from the contents of my original post to the contents of your unintelligible one. No one seems to like what you have to say, or at least the way you try to say it. In your case, however, you didn't like what I had to say, because it was a direct attack on your institution. Understandable. But what I can't come to terms with is:

1) Why has a person who's supposed to be so verbally capable failed to notice the at least six misspellings and grammatical errors on the AUA FAQ page? More importantly, why hasn't administration noticed? :shock: :confused:

2) What is a person who's supposed to be so verbally capable, and a master at the MCAT verbal section, doing at AUA in the first place? Did you ace that and bomb everything else? :shock: :confused:

You let me know and maybe there might be another reason for me to address you on this forum. ;)

Yes. There are so many reasons that would make you really want to talk to me, and my handsome face is not one of them.:) That's a classic!

You should have at least that arrogance within! I am so proud of it, too, pal.
I bet many folks took their stupidity pills with water, but you took yours with gasoline. What a sad situation!
Stay in school for the love of all that is pure and make sure you read while you can, and I mean the pages and not binders. :shock:

C'est pas le temps qui tue l'elephant!:rolleyes:

What I am doing at AUA is the same thing you are desperately trying to do, which is becoming a doctor. You should figure it out by now, if you are not part of the undergrad reject factory. Yes. The MCAT, I was prepared for it, and I aced that sucker with branding upper thirties. unfortunately, I was not that good at keeping my GPA where it should have been. Situations that went out of reach. Do you want proof of that? I can manage to get you a copy! I live like an opened book, and you may have a hard time rolling like I do. If it's not too hard for you to do some simple addition, just add the following 12+11+13, and the whole is my MCAT score. I was quite served with a DO acceptance, but I wanted something else. Beat that if you can!

I read many web pages of even the best schools, and places you will never ever set foot in, and they were not made to perfection. Gaps and jumps all over their sentences, and some are still lying there, untouchable to one's sight. I don't know how important it is to you, but the fact is that you are dealing with an institution and not a single person. Should I call heaven over your mistakes and what you should have not written? That's not too important as well!

I said it before, you have the rims rolling vaguely, and you are just a troll.

That was surely the last one....

Que la terre te soit bonne, mon ami!

06-12-2006, 10:49 PM
which now means itis is certified in more then 2 dozen states (they follow NY)

jameslynton
06-12-2006, 11:14 PM
No here is the real thing - follow Scotts link inthe next post to see it. This is copyed from the site.
Form 2CC is not needed for graduates of the following medical schools, which have been approved by the New York State Education Department to allow students to complete more than 12 weeks of clinical clerkships in New York State. The schools are:

American University of Antigua, Antigua
American University of the Caribbean, St. Martin, Netherland Antilles
The Autonomous University of Guadalajara, Guadalajara, Mexico
English Language Program, University of Debrecen, Medical and Health Science Center, Medical School, Debrecen, Hungary
English Language Program, Medical University of Lublin, Lublin, Poland
English Language Program, Medical University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland
Fatima College of Medicine, Manila, Philippines
International Health and Medicine Program, Ben Gurion University of the Negrev, Beer-Sheva, Israel
Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, India
Medical University of the Americas/Nevis, Nevis, West Indies
Ross University School of Medicine, Roseau, Dominica
Saba University School of Medicine, Saba, Netherland Antilles
St. George's University School of Medicine, St. George's, Grenada
St. Matthew's University School of Medicine, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands

Scott1981
06-12-2006, 11:26 PM
james, i really hope you didnt forge the ny website and try to pass aua as having approval.

im looking at the site and aua is not listed. perhaps that is why you did not post a link. aua may get approval in new york soon, but nothing is certain until the official finding is released. dont jump the gun. http://www.op.nysed.gov/medforms.htm

MDXRS22
06-12-2006, 11:32 PM
It should be there soon, Scott:)

jameslynton
06-12-2006, 11:35 PM
james, i really hope you didnt forge the ny website and try to pass aua as having approval. We can hope....but no they are not there yet...

MDXRS22
06-12-2006, 11:37 PM
When that happens, you will be invited for a Carib or three:)

Scott1981
06-12-2006, 11:39 PM
i know you guys are in a heated debate, but sometimes things can go overboard. i now realize that the post wasnt meant to pass aua off as formally approved, but it can trick someone.......heck it even had me for a second..... although a newbie wouldnt have known where to look to verify.

im glad though that the post will be edited. in another month of so, hopefully you all will just need to provide a link and it will be official.

MDXRS22
06-13-2006, 04:36 PM
i know you guys are in a heated debate, but sometimes things can go overboard. i now realize that the post wasnt meant to pass aua off as formally approved, but it can trick someone.......heck it even had me for a second..... although a newbie wouldnt have known where to look to verify.

im glad though that the post will be edited. in another month of so, hopefully you all will just need to provide a link and it will be official.

NO NEED TO EDIT THIS POST:)

YES. SCOTT, NY is in the house:)

The long waiting is over:):)
We are now allowed to do it large in NY, and the good news came at the same time I was watching my all time favorite, BRASIL, winning that perfect game. :)

Just expect to get more info as soon as it is available!

YOu are now invited for some carib;) I will make it a whole case then:)

aedmd2b
06-15-2006, 07:49 AM
Well Mr. TeddyRose it looks like you have some shoe leather in your mouth. Check out the NY list of approved schools. Do your home work before shooting off your mouth.

jameslynton
06-16-2006, 10:42 PM
Well Mr. TeddyRose it looks like you have some shoe leather in your mouth. Check out the NY list of approved schools. Do your home work before shooting off your mouth.Yea TR has hoof in mouth disease. Could not let that one pass....

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.