PDA

View Full Version : Are Xavier and All Saints the same?

ribbit
05-25-2006, 03:53 PM
Hi. I have two questions. One is Xavior the same school as All Saints or are these two separate schools by different owners?
Second, why was there talk about Xavier leaving Aruba?

ValuelessMD
05-25-2006, 09:51 PM

dt
05-26-2006, 06:54 AM
Hi. I have two questions. One is Xavior the same school as All Saints or are these two separate schools by different owners?

Not the same school.

maximillian genossa
05-26-2006, 10:38 AM
They are not. There was an old rumor floating around that Xavier and St. Chris were owned by the same people but obviously that theory got pulverized when St. Chris went down in flames and has been trying to re-invent itself.

The Aruba rumor has been comming and going, right now consdider it a rumor until proven true by a government official.

sukhtinder
05-26-2006, 12:12 PM
xavier is a unique and seperate entity. it cannot be associated or compared with any other institution. it far surpasses any other medical school in the universe.

ribbit
05-26-2006, 04:47 PM
Thanks DT for your clear and to the point reply. No need for others to mention the "necessary evil" or St.Chris which I did not even asked about.

ValuelessMD
05-26-2006, 07:36 PM

Dr_Implacable
05-31-2006, 01:45 PM
it far surpasses any other medical school in the universe.

That universe must be very small. Perhaps confined in a room of Xavier school only.

Dr_Implacable
05-31-2006, 01:55 PM

Two separate entities. Two different schools, owned by different people. Both located on the island of Aruba, at the moment.

Rumours come and go, but it has to do with the immigration situation regarding DIMA, Arubian DINA has evolved into DIMA. Only the Arubian DIMA can issue Student Visas. Rumours of moving are about handling/regarding the DIMA problems.

Bad_Dobby
05-31-2006, 04:12 PM
Two separate entities. Two different schools, owned by different people. Both located on the island of Aruba, at the moment.

Rumours come and go, but it has to do with the immigration situation regarding DIMA, Arubian DINA has evolved into DIMA. Only the Arubian DIMA can issue Student Visas. Rumours of moving are about handling/regarding the DIMA problems.Dobby is confounded two+two on one island - no grads - no step one pass rate and who is DIMA are they like Dr Who on BBC - Dobby likes Dr Who - Bring back Tom Baker - Dobby likes Tom Baker as Dr Who.

Dr_Implacable
05-31-2006, 04:24 PM
DIMA is the new body of immigration authority for Aruba, so made and evolved in regards to political changes regarding immigration by the motherland, Holland.

ASUM is still relatively new, and so students are to write Step 1's soon. However, many transfer students into ASUM have written and successfully passed the Step 1 USMLE and in rotations.

Xavier is older than ASUM, their listing is long overdue. I am waiting for pass rates of step 1 USMLE as well.

ValuelessMD
05-31-2006, 07:52 PM

Dr_Implacable
05-31-2006, 08:35 PM
I mistakenly said DIMA.

DINA (i.e. in english, IND) is actually now 'DIMAS'.

DIMAS stands for "Departamento di Integracion, Maneho y Admision di Strangero (Dimas)".

(OR)

"Department for Integration, Policy and Admission of Aliens (DIMAS)"

Reference: http://www.minbzk.nl/uk/aruba_and_the/press_releases/closer_collaboration

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.