PDA

View Full Version : CS score reporting?

Venus
05-23-2006, 08:00 PM
Anyone waiting for their score to be reported tomorrow?
I've been dying to know if I passed!

dong
05-25-2006, 02:47 AM
did u get yours. i dint get mine. took on aprll 11th. not yeet repotrted.

Venus
05-25-2006, 07:36 PM
Hey,
Yes, mine got reported on the 24th. I checked OASIS this morning.
I took it in Philly on April 12th.
I'm hoping to get the score in the mail tomorrow since it's Memorial Day weekend so I don't feel like waiting till Tuesday...:confused:

Venus
05-26-2006, 03:10 PM
I got the score today - I passed! Yupi :)

deoriveraMD
05-26-2006, 03:50 PM
A BIG CONGRATULATION TO YOU VENUS!!!!just want to know what are your resources&your strategies..hope you could help me..im going to take also step 2 CS this june 20..thank you in advance...:)

Venus
05-26-2006, 09:24 PM
Sure, I'll be happy to share my sources.
I did First Aid for CS and Kaplan book for CS.
What I did first is went through the DDs and tried to memorize them.
Then I practiced typing notes. To do that I used the kaplan book (it has a number of cases that briefly describe the clinical scenario and than based on that I tried to write a note including DDs and orders).
For typing I used the screen provided on the USMLE CD.
I timed myself every time and tried not to exceed 9 min.
And after I went through all the cases in Kaplan book I practiced the cases in First Aid. I used my husband as a subject. I would interview him and do a physical on him and then type the note. All together the preparation didn't take longer than 2 weeks. And just a couple hours a day. When I practiced with my hubbie we would only do 3-4 cases a day because he complained about that all the time :) (btw he's not in medicine)
And that's it. I wish you good luck with your preparation.
Where are you taking the test?

deoriveraMD
05-27-2006, 08:10 PM
THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY!!!it seems im on the right track...im reading the DDX in the first aid right now&after w/c i plan to practice writing patient note using kaplan&do practice cases w/ the first Aid as you did...thank you vr much again..im taking it this june 27 in LA..im flying from Baltimore.. are you planning to be Match in 2007?:)

Venus
05-29-2006, 10:31 AM
You're very welcome.
I like to share my experiences because I learned a lot from this forum so I want to give back now that I'm done with my exams.

Yes, I will be applying for a 2007 spot.
I want to do Anesthesiology but will probably apply to some IM programs as a backup. Even though I hate primary care :)
What are you shooting for?

AUCMD2006
05-29-2006, 05:33 PM
i took it in march, just got the report.

use first aid for the CS and try to do a 4 week FP rotation just before to practice doing H&P's other than that just know your english

deoriveraMD
05-31-2006, 10:36 PM
You're very welcome.
I like to share my experiences because I learned a lot from this forum so I want to give back now that I'm done with my exams.

Yes, I will be applying for a 2007 spot.
I want to do Anesthesiology but will probably apply to some IM programs as a backup. Even though I hate primary care :)
What are you shooting for?
HI Venus hopefully i could do IM here..anyways goodluck to all of us:)

Venus
06-01-2006, 09:59 PM
Yeah, good luck.
We'll see each other in this forum in September when the season for applying starts! :)

Lissencephally
08-13-2006, 10:02 AM
how long does it take to receive the step 2 cs results?
Does it take 8 full weeks? does anybody know?

Venus
08-22-2006, 10:23 AM
Check the USMLE website. It used to take 6 to 8 weeks but the rules have changed. Now they are releasing scores in batches.
Check this link:
USMLE - United States Medical Licensing Examination (http://www.usmle.org/step2/Step2CS/Step2Indexes/Step2CS_Scoring2.htm)

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.