View Full Version : URGENT - Need Help !!

The Foremost Genius
05-14-2006, 11:07 PM
I am planning to come down to AUA for September Semester. Does anyone know if a Canadian can do his/her clinical rotations in Canada ? IF not, is AUA trying to get that done ? Can a Canadian write thier Canadian Medical Licensing Examination after graduating from AUA ?

{ Dr | G }
05-15-2006, 10:43 AM
Call the NY office and ask them all these questions.
The thing is im certain that AUA does not have any Canadian Clinical sites, if you check on the website they list there sites, and There are no canadian ones. and besides that. the board exams to enter canada, i dont think they have done that either, because they would have advertised it on the website.
Anothe rhting you should note is that it woudl be next to impossible for an off shore school graduate to enter practice in canada, even the most rural parts. but if it is possible that would certainely be with the more established schools such as the big 4. so AUA is not really up there to return students back to canada.
Just my opinion, im also canadian and if i were to start in september i would certainely attend AUA with the notion that i could not return to canada to practice.Atleast early in your career.
gud luck
call the office
take care

The Foremost Genius
05-15-2006, 12:07 PM
thank you for your advice. nice to know that there are canadian students as well at AUA. what semester are you in ? or what semester are you starting ? where in canada are you from ? (if you dont mind)

{ Dr | G }
05-15-2006, 05:14 PM
im not a current student, but i have been accepted for september, and am thinking about attending in september. but im still keeping my options open. I might decide to continue on university here in canada. Im from Toronto. How bout you?
If you need any help or advice, ill be glad to do my best to help you out.
just pm me.
gud luck
take care

05-15-2006, 10:39 PM
heylo fellow canadians....im from toronto too. just with my research, not jus the caribbean, its simply impossible for any FMG to practice in canada because the medical board here is controlled by a certain group who run it at their own interests. they jus 'sell' their residency spots to FMGs jus for the extra cash, and then get kicked out thereafter, whereas grads from canadian med schools dont get their placements. so its a very tricky situation here. US is much more flexible (overall), except some states like TX....who are very conservative with FMG malpractice. hence, doc's in the US pay the highest insurance known so far. its all a gamble...jus play well!

The Foremost Genius
05-16-2006, 11:34 PM
Thanks guys, for all your info. I am from Toronto as well (North York). If I am not wrong, Pacemaker, you are attending AUA at the moment, right ? If so, how did you manage to get your loans done (OSAP, etc) and did AUA help you to fund your tuition through a private loan firm (with a US cosigner or something). I am totally confused with these student loans. They say that Canadian citizens can apply through Canada Student Loan Program, the only possible way to do so is to apply under Kasturba Medical College. Am I right ? Please explain....if you know anything about these loans...
Thanks again guys for taking the time to post the reply.