PDA

View Full Version : Shots and Physicals

jameslynton
05-04-2006, 04:18 PM
Hi - I walked in with my AUA acceptance letters and stuff to my Doctors office yesterday, after blood tests and getting my shots - yes shots - I walked out $530 poorer. I had the Hep A & B and new Tdap shot. I was way behind in shots not having anything but flu shots for the past few years.
I also found out that the Hep A & B series of shots will take me till December to be finished. I will get my second round in a month.

Just wanted to give other starting September students a heads up to get going on these.

jameslynton
05-08-2006, 06:46 PM
Ran a mild fever since the shots - again get this done - don't wait.

Dr.Azimi
05-08-2006, 07:09 PM
my family doctor which left me in canada all alone two years ago and came to states adviced me not to get any more vacines for the rest of my life because last time i took the Hep C shot i almost died. what should i do

desai29
05-08-2006, 08:01 PM
Go to Department of Health in your county

commwings
05-08-2006, 10:23 PM
Hmmmm, well if you get the shot, 90% cance of dieing from sickness and if you don't take the shot 5% chance of dieing from sickness..... decisions decisions decisions..... would you like to use a lifeline.... I'm only pokeing at you... don't get mad.

MDXRS22
05-09-2006, 01:52 AM
Hmmmm, well if you get the shot, 90% cance of dieing from sickness and if you don't take the shot 5% chance of dieing from sickness..... decisions decisions decisions..... would you like to use a lifeline.... I'm only pokeing at you... don't get mad.

Come on, Commwings!
Would you die by being poked with some innocent needles:)

Those shots are just to keep bad people aloof;)
I bet he would survive no matter what!
Decisions? Just get the shots and say "AHHHHHHHHHHH."

Viva el Doctor:)

Don't forget to pay the nurse on your way out of the office!:):)

jameslynton
05-09-2006, 02:33 PM
my family doctor which left me in canada all alone two years ago and came to states adviced me not to get any more vacines for the rest of my life because last time i took the Hep C shot i almost died. what should i do
Hey that is serious! The question is what caused the reaction to the shot? If you work anywhere in the medical professions - you have to have the vacinnations.

If you had a reaction - it is best to determine what caused it. Use to be tetanus was cultured in horses. Many vaccines are cultured in eggs (most viruses) so if you have a reaction you maybe allegic to chickens. I took allergy shots for years and some times people have anaphylatic shock reactions to the shots because of the body's response. My suggest come south of the border and get your shots where they can monitor you so if you have an anaphylatic shock reaction you are treated fast.

mardi_gras
05-12-2006, 05:24 PM

Wow, a Hep C shot??? Was that made by the same people who made the HIV vaccine?

teratos
05-12-2006, 11:33 PM
Wow, a Hep C shot??? Was that made by the same people who made the HIV vaccine?

I was gonna ask almost the exact same question. If i had known they had a Hep C vaccine, I'd have asked for that when I got my Ebola vaccine. G

jameslynton
05-15-2006, 10:20 AM
I was gonna ask almost the exact same question. If i had known they had a Hep C vaccine, I'd have asked for that when I got my Ebola vaccine. G Was wondering about that Dr G. I thought I got the Hep A and B. I think I just saw a unicorn wander by....

pacemaker911
05-15-2006, 10:43 PM
i think we're all getting diverted from the main topic as to what shots do we really need to get past...to be done w/ the requirements list. when i was in high school here in canada, they sent me a list of the required shots n my doc said that those are all i needed for the rest of my life. n no...none of them tried to kill me. but ya...they were FREE!!! im pretty sure all of us are at a certain age where we are past the stage where we needed the basic shots. but still...better safe than sorry!

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.