PDA

View Full Version : Hey where is IUHS4 ?

SSIUHS
04-28-2006, 08:48 PM
I want to know where is the residency list for IUHS?

Carmen
05-06-2006, 01:11 PM
IUHS4 is in his first year of IUHS and apparently not doing too well. He knows that he can't win on this forum. He is defending IUHS because he is afraid that he made a big mistake going there!

I hope he gets out before he wastes anymore of his money.

Carmen

maximillian genossa
05-07-2006, 10:39 AM
or her the same person that boasted having passed USMLE STEP 1 AND 2 CK and ready to go on the match? Isn't this person the same one that got involved in a very ugly tug of war with Neil C? His user name was IUHSMS4?

I did not knew the person was in the first year. A transfer or perhaps mistaken identity?

IUHS4 is in his first year of IUHS and apparently not doing too well. He knows that he can't win on this forum. He is defending IUHS because he is afraid that he made a big mistake going there!

I hope he gets out before he wastes anymore of his money.

Carmen

iuhsms4
09-28-2006, 10:38 PM
Hey guys.

Sorry I haven't been on in a while. It's kind of funny when I see people continuing to type information that is less than the truth on this forum. Gen max is the only person on here that almost has a clue regardig IUHS and its students. However, he (she, who knows!)) does not have a crystal ball- so please stop suggesting (spinning) that licensing will be a problem for IUHS students. You could just as easily say that there is a chance for any student who graduates from a WHO- approved medical school, who has passed all their boards to gain licensure in the US. Let's stop the negativity. FYI- I am not a 1st year medical student.

IUHS does not have to defend its medical education program on internet forums. However, I do propose that we begin engaing in discourse regarding current medical and clinincal sciences so that we can facilitate discussion between medical students. Patients and families may benefit from this. My medical school education is complete. My basic science education with IUHS was decent. I think it is alot better now. I had to take Kaplan to pass Step 1. However, I have been on their teaching website and it is outstanding! In fact, I have seen some of their step 1 materials referenced at reputable sites. My clinical rotations were excellent. I did them all at the same hospital because the student to attending ratio was never >2:1. The hospital employs one of the best medical educators in the country who is involved in every aspect of his students clinical rotations. I passed Step1, 2CS, 2CK. I took a year off to teach Anatomy/Phys., Micro, and Biology (fulltime- salary- My wife and I needed the money after med scholl and to prepare for residency- $79,000/39 weeks 25 hours/week w/ benefits- It pays to be an MD! :)) I am currently in the match and have no doubt that I will match or scramble based on my scores, letters, and experience!

I hope that many forums on this IUHS thread will appear that address patient care instead of negative, political, retributionary dialect. Licensing is an issue for any doctor in the US. Please try to keep your focus on patients and their families.

Just a funny note- I had the opoortunitty to rotate with a student from the infamous "Charles University" in prague. What a joke! This guy could barely speak english. He noticed that I was strong in renal physiology and asked if I could help him. He had no clue! I asked if he knew what factors influenced glomerular filtration rate and he said, (literally) "Huh?" I said, "Do you know what hydrostatic pressure is?" and he said..... you guessed it! I spent nearly 10 hours teaching this guy normal renal physiology. He thanked me and bought me a boatload of beers afterwards (cool guy!). However, I just laugh when I think of "Neil" trying to convince all of us that Charles University is the shit. By the way- this guy hadn't passed step 1 before rotating in the US. How did that happen NEIL? IUHS students can't rotate anywhere prior to passing step 1. IN fact, we can't graduate until passing step 2 ck and cs. Standards?

Peace.

iuhsms4
09-28-2006, 10:48 PM
Please reply with the etiology, diagnosis, and current treatment. Please focus on current treatment regiments like pirfenidone, etc.. We already know about steroids and cytotoxic meds. Be explicit and concise in your replies. Let's see who is really on here!!!

Carmen
09-28-2006, 11:47 PM
What were yours scores on the USMLE exams?

diogenes
09-29-2006, 05:13 AM
I am genuinely pleased to hear that you are satisfied with your IUHS education. I must also stress that I'm not one of those who regards distance learning as something approaching devil-worship.
While I agree with you that gmax certainly knows what he is talking about, he is not the only poster here with accurate inside knowledge- you cannot dismiss the rest of us so easily.
Posting information that
is less than the truth I wish you had not vitiated your own argument by following this up with a seriously misleading statement. Licensure is a serious problem in a fair number of states (not just Ca and its imitators); there have been many posts on VMD which quote from state board regs. Also, to say that
You could just as easily say that there is a chance for any student who graduates from a WHO- approved medical school, who has passed all their boards to gain licensure in the US is a highly misleading analogy. Yes, there are grads. from other schools who have difficulty with licensure in the state of their choice. But you cannot seriously be claiming that IUHS md's are licensable in nearly as many states as those from AUC, St. Geo's.... Charles etc?

I do propose that we begin engaing in discourse regarding current medical and clinincal sciences so that we can facilitate discussion between medical students. Good for you! However, if it's your sincere intention to discuss medical matters there are several forums on VMD dedicated to this. Please don't insult our intelligence with this red herring.

I had the opoortunitty to rotate with a student from the infamous "Charles University"..... Why is Charles infamous? I could refute your insinuations about that school very easily, but that would be a waste of time. I'm sure we could both play this kind of rhetorical tennis all day long if we wanted to. But anecdotes about a weak student from a good school do not a bad school make. Likewise stories of excellent students from a bad school don't magically transform it into a good school.

maximillian genossa
09-29-2006, 10:25 AM
It worked for you. Neilc has been banned, at least that is what I get from his posts, multiple accounts or something like that. Who knew eh?

Very interesting...FSMB came with its filnal recommendations, check the State licensing forum. Everyone seems to be quiet, little reactions, especially from those who have personally lobbied to get certain schools wiped out of the map. People here know who I am ref. about, no need to explain since it did not contain any of the doomsday predictions that some "expert" contributors predicted.

Notice how FSMB emphasized the following..."Ultimately, however, it is the function of the state medical boards to license individuals, not medical school programs."

page 9

Hope this puts some common sense on some people.

Best regards to all

Max

Hey guys.

Sorry I haven't been on in a while. It's kind of funny when I see people continuing to type information that is less than the truth on this forum. Gen max is the only person on here that almost has a clue regardig IUHS and its students. However, he (she, who knows!)) does not have a crystal ball- so please stop suggesting (spinning) that licensing will be a problem for IUHS students. You could just as easily say that there is a chance for any student who graduates from a WHO- approved medical school, who has passed all their boards to gain licensure in the US. Let's stop the negativity. FYI- I am not a 1st year medical student.

IUHS does not have to defend its medical education program on internet forums. However, I do propose that we begin engaing in discourse regarding current medical and clinincal sciences so that we can facilitate discussion between medical students. Patients and families may benefit from this. My medical school education is complete. My basic science education with IUHS was decent. I think it is alot better now. I had to take Kaplan to pass Step 1. However, I have been on their teaching website and it is outstanding! In fact, I have seen some of their step 1 materials referenced at reputable sites. My clinical rotations were excellent. I did them all at the same hospital because the student to attending ratio was never >2:1. The hospital employs one of the best medical educators in the country who is involved in every aspect of his students clinical rotations. I passed Step1, 2CS, 2CK. I took a year off to teach Anatomy/Phys., Micro, and Biology (fulltime- salary- My wife and I needed the money after med scholl and to prepare for residency- $79,000/39 weeks 25 hours/week w/ benefits- It pays to be an MD! :)) I am currently in the match and have no doubt that I will match or scramble based on my scores, letters, and experience!

I hope that many forums on this IUHS thread will appear that address patient care instead of negative, political, retributionary dialect. Licensing is an issue for any doctor in the US. Please try to keep your focus on patients and their families.

Just a funny note- I had the opoortunitty to rotate with a student from the infamous "Charles University" in prague. What a joke! This guy could barely speak english. He noticed that I was strong in renal physiology and asked if I could help him. He had no clue! I asked if he knew what factors influenced glomerular filtration rate and he said, (literally) "Huh?" I said, "Do you know what hydrostatic pressure is?" and he said..... you guessed it! I spent nearly 10 hours teaching this guy normal renal physiology. He thanked me and bought me a boatload of beers afterwards (cool guy!). However, I just laugh when I think of "Neil" trying to convince all of us that Charles University is the pooh pooh. By the way- this guy hadn't passed step 1 before rotating in the US. How did that happen NEIL? IUHS students can't rotate anywhere prior to passing step 1. IN fact, we can't graduate until passing step 2 ck and cs. Standards?

Peace.

maximillian genossa
09-29-2006, 10:28 AM
" I had the opoortunitty to rotate with a student from the infamous "Charles University" in prague. What a joke!"

You seriously do not pretend to judge a school based on the performance of one individual correct? That will be ridiculous. You can do better than that, don't fall that low.

Hey guys.

Just a funny note- I had the opoortunitty to rotate with a student from the infamous "Charles University" in prague. What a joke! This guy could barely speak english. He noticed that I was strong in renal physiology and asked if I could help him. He had no clue! I asked if he knew what factors influenced glomerular filtration rate and he said, (literally) "Huh?" I said, "Do you know what hydrostatic pressure is?" and he said..... you guessed it! I spent nearly 10 hours teaching this guy normal renal physiology. He thanked me and bought me a boatload of beers afterwards (cool guy!). However, I just laugh when I think of "Neil" trying to convince all of us that Charles University is the pooh pooh. By the way- this guy hadn't passed step 1 before rotating in the US. How did that happen NEIL? IUHS students can't rotate anywhere prior to passing step 1. IN fact, we can't graduate until passing step 2 ck and cs. Standards?

Peace.

maximillian genossa
09-29-2006, 10:29 AM
http://www.fsmb.org/pdf/GRPOL_SpcCmt...grad_MedEd.pdf (http://www.fsmb.org/pdf/GRPOL_SpcCmt_Eval_Undergrad_MedEd.pdf)

Very interesting comment on page 9..."Ultimately, however, it is the function of the state medical boards to license individuals, not medical school programs."

I like that.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.