PDA

View Full Version : No More MUA/SC

IndianSClink
04-21-2006, 05:18 PM
/////////////////////////////////

desai29
04-21-2006, 06:52 PM
How did you know? any final conformation on that? I heard it will be change. I did not know that soon.

MDXRS22
04-21-2006, 06:57 PM
RIP SC!!!

Pour Some CH2OH for the homies;)

maximillian genossa
04-21-2006, 07:02 PM
Isn't MUA-UK what used to be SC-LUTON? Isn't MUA-UK using the same facilities SC-Luton used to? How convenient. Still, the satellite program in the UK won't be elegible for GMC registration.

It sounds to me like the same dog with different fleas.

MUA/SC name has been changed to MUA UK.
There is only one SC now. SC students are SC-IMD (Iba Mar Diop) students.
There are MUA-Belize and MUA UK.

desai29
05-13-2006, 05:07 PM
MUA-UK have ECFMG recognition... not SCIMD....

Nebakanezer
05-13-2006, 05:15 PM
MUA-UK have ECFMG recognition... not SCIMD....That's false. MUA-Belize has ECFMG recognition, and it is up to debate how much longer that will be for. The ECFMG is acutely aware that MUA-UK is funneling its USMLE application through its MUA-Belize campus to get around the fact that MUA-UK is not recognized by the ECFMG. They are actively looking into this and any potential consequences this could have for MUA-Belize recognition by the ECFMG. MUA-UK has no recognition of any kind, in fact, the GMC has stated that MUA-UK is not eligible for registration, and it never will be.

It's all moot really. With recent developments that are not known to the student population at large, it doesn't appear MUA-UK will exist for much longer.

azskeptic
05-13-2006, 06:54 PM
That's false. MUA-Belize has ECFMG recognition, and it is up to debate how much longer that will be for. The ECFMG is acutely aware that MUA-UK is funneling its USMLE application through its MUA-Belize campus to get around the fact that MUA-UK is not recognized by the ECFMG. They are actively looking into this and any potential consequences this could have for MUA-Belize recognition by the ECFMG. MUA-UK has no recognition of any kind, in fact, the GMC has stated that MUA-UK is not eligible for registration, and it never will be.

It's all moot really. With recent developments that are not known to the student population at large, it doesn't appear MUA-UK will exist for much longer. how many students will either version of SC have? Good luck on having the GMC or ECFMG sort out the differences......

desai29
05-13-2006, 07:36 PM
That's false. MUA-Belize has ECFMG recognition, and it is up to debate how much longer that will be for. The ECFMG is acutely aware that MUA-UK is funneling its USMLE application through its MUA-Belize campus to get around the fact that MUA-UK is not recognized by the ECFMG. They are actively looking into this and any potential consequences this could have for MUA-Belize recognition by the ECFMG. MUA-UK has no recognition of any kind, in fact, the GMC has stated that MUA-UK is not eligible for registration, and it never will be.

It's all moot really. With recent developments that are not known to the student population at large, it doesn't appear MUA-UK will exist for much longer.

Is it same with SCIMD? If it not, MUAB students should speck up since it is not fair for them. MUAB students should make sure thier voice has been heard.

NGRN4LIFE
05-13-2006, 08:17 PM
Is it same with SCIMD? If it not, MUAB students should speck up since it is not fair for them. MUAB students should make sure thier voice has been heard.

Do you know when MUA-B students should have done that? When they first heard that Mr. and Mrs. S were going to do business with DR. PL. First, Dr L. runs down 2 schools (Grace, then SC), and when the owners of MUA-B were about to buy SC, what did some of the MUA-B students do? They were celebrating thinking that they are getting more clinical spots. Well, I'm sorry to tell you all that nothing good comes out of doing business with Dr. L. What MUA-B did is get themselves into a big mess, and they put their students at risk just like PL did to us here.
To make it worse, Mr and Mrs S kept the same admin PL had, the same croonies the BBC talked and criticised and led to the suspension by GMC and later on, ECFMG. So, MUA-B students, take it from a SC student that's still in this mess.....beware. like I said, nothing good comes out of dealing with PL.

Nebakanezer
05-14-2006, 09:21 AM
Is it same with SCIMD? If it not, MUAB students should speck up since it is not fair for them. MUAB students should make sure thier voice has been heard.It is fair.

The GMC requires a listing in the WHO WDMS in order to be eligible for GMC registration. SCIMD-COM is listed in the last update to the WHO 7th edition of the WDMS in 2001. MUA-B/MUA-UK were never listed in the WHO WDMS in any update or edition. The WHO is no longer updating the WDMS and never will again. They turned this responsibility over to FAIMER/IMED. As a result of this MUA-B/MUA-UK will never be GMC eligible. MUA-B not being WHO WDMS listed is not a big deal, unless you want to practice in the UK. However, since MUA-UK will never be WHO WDMS listed this excludes a bunch of states for practice/residency in the USA, including NY State. NYS specifically stipulates that the country where the campus (not the charter) is located must allow the students at that campus to be able to practice medicine upon completion of degree requirements in order to be eligible to practice/participate in residency in NYS. This language was just added recently. I am sure that AZSkeptic is aware of it.

Don't bother trying to say "well, they are FAIMER/IMED Listed, so they are WHO listed". When the GMC says WHO listed, they mean actual listing in the WHO WDMS, not FAIMER/IMED. They stipulate this in particular to distinguish from the recent bumper crop of off-shore schools that have popped-up like mushrooms in recent years.

You are more than welcome to complain, but I would imagine it will fall on deaf ears.

azskeptic
05-14-2006, 09:27 AM
It is fair.

The GMC requires a listing in the WHO WDMS in order to be eligible for GMC registration. SCIMD-COM is listed in the last update to the WHO 7th edition of the WDMS in 2001. MUA-B/MUA-UK were never listed in the WHO WDMS in any update or edition. The WHO is no longer updating the WDMS and never will again. They turned this responsibility over to FAIMER/IMED. As a result of this MUA-B/MUA-UK will never be GMC eligible. MUA-B not being WHO WDMS listed is not a big deal, unless you want to practice in the UK. However, since MUA-UK will never be WHO WDMS listed this excludes a bunch of states for practice/residency in the USA, including NY State. NYS specifically stipulates that the country where the campus (not the charter) is located must allow the students at that campus to be able to practice medicine upon completion of degree requirements in order to be eligible to practice/participate in residency in NYS. This language was just added recently. I am sure that AZSkeptic is aware of it.

Don't bother trying to say "well, they are FAIMER/IMED Listed, so they are WHO listed". When the GMC says WHO listed, they mean actual listing in the WHO WDMS, not FAIMER/IMED. They stipulate this in particular to distinguish from the recent bumper crop of off-shore schools that have popped-up like mushrooms in recent years.

You are more than welcome to complain, but I would imagine it will fall on deaf ears. actually WHO still exists and slowly but surely updates its database. But the issues for SC-B or SC-S students is more complex than being listed in a database. You are in a country that doesn't want you there. You are skating on thin ice basically. Not a good place to be with the amount of money you are placing at risk. I believe we'll see more information on all of this shortly in the press.

Nebakanezer
05-14-2006, 10:51 AM
I believe we'll see more information on all of this shortly in the press.Who cares? All that matters is what the GMC has to say.

Also, I would like to see any proof that the database has been updated since 2001.

azskeptic
05-14-2006, 11:16 AM
Who cares? All that matters is what the GMC has to say.

Also, I would like to see any proof that the database has been updated since 2001. I sent you the contact people at WHO you can talk with to verify for yourself. Hope that helps.

azskeptic
05-14-2006, 11:19 AM
http://www.who.int/hrh/documents/wdms_upgrade/en/index.html

Nebakanezer
05-14-2006, 11:23 AM
They are upgrading the site, it doesn't say anything about additions to the medical school database. Furthermore, even if the site is updated, there is no guarantee that it will be accepted. The GMC will likely say the last published edition of the WDMS, which is the 7th edition since they have no intention of providing a published edition of the new site.

Regardless, who knows how long it will be until the site is back online. The only thing we have to rely on now is the last edition and its updates from 2001.

azskeptic
05-14-2006, 11:33 AM
They are upgrading the site, it doesn't say anything about additions to the medical school database. Furthermore, even if the site is updated, there is no guarantee that it will be accepted. The GMC will likely say the last published edition of the WDMS, which is the 7th edition since they have no intention of providing a published edition of the new site.

Regardless, who knows how long it will be until the site is back online. The only thing we have to rely on now is the last edition and its updates from 2001. I have corresponded with WHO and know what they are doing. I sent you their email address...you can ask them for yourself which is logical to do.

azskeptic
05-14-2006, 11:58 AM
The issue continues to be for previous SC students is what affect does SCIMD's beginning in 2003 have on students who began studies at apparently a different school before that?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4410020.stm

These are the issues that may be of interest to the upper classmen. Any new students who enroll in this school or the Belize version are taking big risks that some would question. If the new administration of SCIMD is saying that the NEW school in Luton is part of the school in Senegal then what was the former SC school?

PathOne
05-14-2006, 12:28 PM
Actually, as far as the GMC is concerned, it doesn't really matter about WHO listing, or lack of same. GMC still lists St. Chris Senegal (which is still, I presume, the mother univ of SCIMD) as an unapproved school, which makes WHO listing a moot point. Since they also have an extensive list of unapproved private UK based medical colleges, I would venture that it's only a matter of time before MUA UK - the old St. Chris - would be on that list too.

Regardless of the outcome, I really wouldn't want to explain this whole debacle to a US state licensing board, regardless of graduating from MUA UK or SCIMD...

Tritonesub
05-14-2006, 07:17 PM
The issue continues to be for previous SC students is what affect does SCIMD's beginning in 2003 have on students who began studies at apparently a different school before that?

These are the issues that may be of interest to the upper classmen. Any new students who enroll in this school or the Belize version are taking big risks that some would question. If the new administration of SCIMD is saying that the NEW school in Luton is part of the school in Senegal then what was the former SC school?

Why is it that you rely on this radio show for facts. I suppose if howard stern said something you would swear to the bible about it?

The start of the school is clearly listed in IMED. 2003 was the year they affiliated with the University El Hadji Nasse, which bears absolutely no relevance to anything at all. There is nothing that states you have to be affiliated to a univerisity to start instruction. SCCM already had authorization from the government to begin instruction in 2000 without the university... so it makes not difference who they affiliated with later.

In regards to your other statement about 'being in a country that doesnt want you there', i find that highly inaccurate especially when SCIMD has signed contracts with 2 british universities as of last week and will have government officials at the ribbon cutting ceremony for the new building on monday.

It is obvious that you have an agenda against SC, but at least get accurate information and from a credible source ... perhaps this is why you've had limited success in your own journalism efforts.

Tritonesub
05-14-2006, 07:23 PM
Regardless of the outcome, I really wouldn't want to explain this whole debacle to a US state licensing board, regardless of graduating from MUA UK or SCIMD...

Do you really think state licensing boards give a hoot about what administrative quarrels took place at st. chris?

Come on.. get real or get a clue.

pruritis_ani
05-14-2006, 08:00 PM
Do you really think state licensing boards give a hoot about what administrative quarrels took place at st. chris?

Come on.. get real or get a clue.

Well, they may be interested in these issues as they led the GMC to ban all graduates and the ECFMG to suspend students from sitting exams. If you think that this will not be important, you are certainly the one that needs a clue.

States need very little reason to deny a license. With the increased scrutiny on international schools, you DO NOT want to stand out negatively. This is pretty likely to come up when you apply for licensure.

azskeptic
05-14-2006, 08:45 PM
Why is it that you rely on this radio show for facts. I suppose if howard stern said something you would swear to the bible about it?

The start of the school is clearly listed in IMED. 2003 was the year they affiliated with the University El Hadji Nasse, which bears absolutely no relevance to anything at all. There is nothing that states you have to be affiliated to a univerisity to start instruction. SCCM already had authorization from the government to begin instruction in 2000 without the university... so it makes not difference who they affiliated with later.

In regards to your other statement about 'being in a country that doesnt want you there', i find that highly inaccurate especially when SCIMD has signed contracts with 2 british universities as of last week and will have government officials at the ribbon cutting ceremony for the new building on monday.

It is obvious that you have an agenda against SC, but at least get accurate information and from a credible source ... perhaps this is why you've had limited success in your own journalism efforts.

show me ANYTHING that the BBC did wrong. GMC seemed to appreciate their info. Contracts are fine...lots of contracts have been signed with various universities by SC itself in the past. Lets see what is real.

agenda is reality and not the continued fluff we have seen which has entrapped lots of students in the past who have lost money and time. Apparently not alot of students believe in either of the SC versions from what I hear in student numbers.

Reference my journalism efforts have done ok. Sold a book recently and have another 2 in the hopper besides writing for 2 newspapers weekly. Call that limited if you wish; most writers don't sell much. The personal attacks that you do reflect the spirit of Luton.

sheikh1
05-14-2006, 08:49 PM
The name MUA is gold, every dying school wants to use it!!!!

Tritonesub
05-14-2006, 11:11 PM
show me ANYTHING that the BBC did wrong. GMC seemed to appreciate their info. Contracts are fine...lots of contracts have been signed with various universities by SC itself in the past. Lets see what is real.

BBC did the same thing you do, they were not able to get all the info from the right people, then in order to produce something, they spun their lack of information into an untrue story. Saying that something didnt exist when it did just because they were lazy and didnt go thru a thorough investigation.

GMC had no choice but to place SC on hold becuase of the 'spun' story, and complete the work that the BBC was too lazy to finish. The prematurity of the story lead senegal to be apprehensive to respond until they went in and cleaned shop, especially after hearing about misconduct by certain admin. Now that this has been done, they have reconfirmed the charter. Then after confirmation of the charter and explaination of why it took so long, the question of 'quality assurance' was in reference to how senegal allowed the misconduct to take place. Quality assurance was not in reference to the quality of medical education. Now that actual representatives of senegal will be in luton, this will no longer be an issue. The reason for the continued ECFMG hold is that MUA is claiming the campus was sold to them and belize by senegal... which it wasnt. Most of this mess was the work of a single individual. Once these administrative quarrels are cleared up, then both ECFMG and GMC will reinstate, they will not do so until it is, as they will be seen as making some kind of judgement when they have no authority to do so.

azskeptic
05-14-2006, 11:34 PM
BBC did the same thing you do, they were not able to get all the info from the right people, then in order to produce something, they spun their lack of information into an untrue story. Saying that something didnt exist when it did just because they were lazy and didnt go thru a thorough investigation.

GMC had no choice but to place SC on hold becuase of the 'spun' story, and complete the work that the BBC was too lazy to finish. The prematurity of the story lead senegal to be apprehensive to respond until they went in and cleaned shop, especially after hearing about misconduct by certain admin. Now that this has been done, they have reconfirmed the charter. Then after confirmation of the charter and explaination of why it took so long, the question of 'quality assurance' was in reference to how senegal allowed the misconduct to take place. Quality assurance was not in reference to the quality of medical education. Now that actual representatives of senegal will be in luton, this will no longer be an issue. The reason for the continued ECFMG hold is that MUA is claiming the campus was sold to them and belize by senegal... which it wasnt. Most of this mess was the work of a single individual. Once these administrative quarrels are cleared up, then both ECFMG and GMC will reinstate, they will not do so until it is, as they will be seen as making some kind of judgement when they have no authority to do so. BBC did a good job of reporting what was happening and GMC responded to it. What exactly wasn't correct in their article? The legal process between Mua-UK and SCIMD should be an interesting one but the dozen or so students who stick around to see it won't provide enough money for the schools to cash flow I would guess. I am amused of your allegation of spinning on the part of others. SC's story is one big spin since 1998 upwards from what we can tell on the outside.

Tritonesub
05-14-2006, 11:37 PM
Well, they may be interested in these issues as they led the GMC to ban all graduates and the ECFMG to suspend students from sitting exams. If you think that this will not be important, you are certainly the one that needs a clue.

States need very little reason to deny a license. With the increased scrutiny on international schools, you DO NOT want to stand out negatively. This is pretty likely to come up when you apply for licensure.

We dont have a british charter so GMC hold means nothing. ECFMG has placed a 'hold' on USMLE apps and not certification for those who have completed. The reason is explained above.

#1 please tell what interest state boards will have over this reason

#2 please tell me where a database exists to document the timeline of a schools ecfmg status from the day it opened.

#3 please tell me why some state boards with full knowledge of this have already granted licenses to applicants even this past month.

While it is an inconvenience for those who have to take exams until the ECFMG hold is officially lifted, new students wont even have to worry about this for 2 years. The fact still remains that all course work, including the semester starting tommorow is fully accredited under senegal and that is what is of concern to the boards. The requirement states have is an ECFMG cert which means you passed all your exams, they could care less about the ECFMG approval to sit for those exams....thats between ECFMG and the school.

Why not call some of them and ask, i'm sure they will show their extreme interest by redirecting your call to the proper voicemail box.

stookie
05-14-2006, 11:58 PM
The name MUA is gold, every dying school wants to use it!!!!

Aiight!!!!

Tritonesub
05-15-2006, 12:19 AM
BBC did a good job of reporting what was happening and GMC responded to it. What exactly wasn't correct in their article? The legal process between Mua-UK and SCIMD should be an interesting one but the dozen or so students who stick around to see it won't provide enough money for the schools to cash flow I would guess. I am amused of your allegation of spinning on the part of others. SC's story is one big spin since 1998 upwards from what we can tell on the outside.

What are you talking about? Nothing was 'happening' when the BBC reported!! They created it and are responsible for what is happening now. Their approaching senegal caused the inital delay in confirmation. The misconduct BBC questioned senegal about was the hiring of a previous sex offender, something that has no relevance to anything, which insulted senegal and made them delay until they cleared up the matter. The financial misconduct, discovered later, was never even mentioned in the article... that was the only thing that was 'happening' at the time the article was written.

Tritonesub
05-15-2006, 12:23 AM
one big spin since 1998 upwards from what we can tell on the outside.

Once again, SC did not exist in 1998. That was a different school chartered by Malawi. I dont even think there is a connection between the two other than sharing a similar name.

pruritis_ani
05-15-2006, 01:05 AM
What are you talking about? Nothing was 'happening' when the BBC reported!! They created it and are responsible for what is happening now. Their approaching senegal caused the inital delay in confirmation. The misconduct BBC questioned senegal about was the hiring of a previous sex offender, something that has no relevance to anything, which insulted senegal and made them delay until they cleared up the matter. The financial misconduct, discovered later, was never even mentioned in the article... that was the only thing that was 'happening' at the time the article was written.

Are you really trying to blame the BBC for what happened? Wow...nice spin attempt!

pruritis_ani
05-15-2006, 01:39 AM
We dont have a british charter so GMC hold means nothing. ECFMG has placed a 'hold' on USMLE apps and not certification for those who have completed. The reason is explained above.

Hmm. If you think the states will not notice the GMC "hold" (also known as ban), you are fooling yourself. It raises very legitimate concerns. So, you think the states are simply going to say "hey, the GMC won't recognize this school, but Senegal will. I am sure that there are no problems if Senegal recognizes them! After all, Senegal is certainly at the top of medical education, right?"

#1 please tell what interest state boards will have over this reason

State boards have an interest in protecting the people of the state. They do this by assuring that doctors come from appropriate schools, pass the appropriate exams, are of a decent moral character and complete an accredited residency. Just because you attribute the recent debacle at St Chris to some simple administrative misunderstanding, it is pretty niave to think that the states will come to this same conclusion. Time will tell, but you are sure hoping for an awful lot of things to turn out positive.

#2 please tell me where a database exists to document the timeline of a schools ecfmg status from the day it opened.

???? So there has to be a database now? Don't know what on earth you are getting at....but, here is something to chew on. If you think that St Chris will just sail underneath the radar, you are mistaken. Many state boards are acutely aware of the recent difficulties. And, there are several programs that stand to be burned by St Chris grads not getting ECFMG certs and not showing up to work on July 1. Word will get out if St Chris grads can't be counted on, and YOU will have difficulty getting interviews and jobs because of this.

#3 please tell me why some state boards with full knowledge of this have already granted licenses to applicants even this past month.

So, I assume that you are talking about states issuing residency training licenses to residents starting up, right? Wheee...clearly you don't have any idea how easy it is to get a residency license. For most states, you fill out a couple of pages, give it to your program secretary, and a few days later you have a license. Trust me, it will not be the same when you get your permanent license. Doubt me? Well, then simply ask why a school that has been around as long as SC merely has a handful of fully licensed doctors. There has been plenty of time, right? The trouble is that you guys are getting the residency licesnses, but NOT the real deal.

While it is an inconvenience for those who have to take exams until the ECFMG hold is officially lifted, new students wont even have to worry about this for 2 years. The fact still remains that all course work, including the semester starting tommorow is fully accredited under senegal and that is what is of concern to the boards. The requirement states have is an ECFMG cert which means you passed all your exams, they could care less about the ECFMG approval to sit for those exams....thats between ECFMG and the school.

Why not call some of them and ask, i'm sure they will show their extreme interest by redirecting your call to the proper voicemail box.

Fully accredited by Senegal means NOTHING. Nada, zilch. Senegal is not recognized by any US entity to have similar accreditation standards to the US. The school is not approved by any state that offers approvals. The school has done NOTHING to demonstrate that it is legit. The school has had to divide is now two crappy schools instead of one. The GMC banned grads. The ECFMG won't let you sit for exams. The school has a history of hiring felons. The old owner sold out the students. The current owners let the ECFMG and GMC recognition be lost for the sake of money. The school has a long history of lying, and of questionable marketting practice.

Now, if after all of the above, you still think your school is going to be fine....well, let's just say that ignorance is very clearly bliss! You are in for a tough time, at best, and have a real chance of getting a worthless degree. I understand that you want students to come there, because the only chance you have is if there are fools out there to pay tuition to this craphole. But, sorry. This positive spin crap has been tried on here before. Many students were already screwed by this joke of a school. I think you are going to have a very tough time selling it here.

azskeptic
05-15-2006, 05:39 AM
Once again, SC did not exist in 1998. That was a different school chartered by Malawi. I dont even think there is a connection between the two other than sharing a similar name. Oh, tell that to some of the students who were in tghe original school and they will perhaps correct you. The original college was unchartered also.

azskeptic
05-15-2006, 05:42 AM
Are you really trying to blame the BBC for what happened? Wow...nice spin attempt! bunker mentality it would appear. If the BBC was wrong, should be easy to correct it but actually the GMC and ECFMG would be wrong also. Denial is an amazing thing.

MrC
05-15-2006, 05:49 AM
The more I look at the St Chris (or whatever it is calling itself this week) the more I don't care. I understand the burning desire to become a doctor, but anyone who wants to be a doctor should have the common sense to have accepted that St. Chris is not a good career move.

I'm not sure if the UK necessarily doesn't want them here. Providing they don't claim to be a British university and their "graduates" aren't allowed to practice in the UK, i'm sure the UK is happy to take the money of silly americans much like most of the carribeans island with commercial medical schools.

Has anyone consider the legal standing in the UK of the name change to MUA? Under UK law the use of the term university, unlike college, is regulated by the Privy Council under the Further and Higher Education Act 1992 so using the term could be unlawful in the organisations name.

azskeptic
05-15-2006, 10:38 AM
http://www.dfes.gov.uk/recognisedukdegrees/index.shtml

Tritonesub
05-15-2006, 08:00 PM
So, I assume that you are talking about states issuing residency training licenses to residents starting up, right?

Nope. I'm talking about a full attendings license, 4 to be exact that i know of in 3 different states.

pruritis_ani
05-15-2006, 08:20 PM
Nope. I'm talking about a full attendings license, 4 to be exact that i know of in 3 different states.

So, 4 NEW attending licences, in new states? Or are these the same 4 that have been paraded around for a year or two now? FP in Ohio, Louisiana, or whatever else BFE states they were?

If you have new licensed grads, and I can verify them, I will be happy to recant what I said.

CorporateRaider
05-15-2006, 09:10 PM
I continue to want to think that , there is not a new "St. Chris", at least not from the Senegal perspective. It is/was "mister lay-o-knee" that went out to buy a new umbrella for his Doctor Evil organization. The Senegalese, simply upgraded the name, but it still functions under the protection of the same original Charter.

Lets do a comparison, shall we? Good boys and girls.

Say that the Backsteet Boy's finally decide that, that name does more harm than good, and they decide to change it.

Questions:
Is it a new group?

Tritonesub
05-15-2006, 09:56 PM
So, 4 NEW attending licences, in new states? Or are these the same 4 that have been paraded around for a year or two now? FP in Ohio, Louisiana, or whatever else BFE states they were?

If you have new licensed grads, and I can verify them, I will be happy to recant what I said.

These are new.. Ohio, New York, Illinois (2). Some are still residents, but they have taken step 3 and applied for their full license for moonlighting. I cant give you names without permission. Besides i wouldnt want their success compromised by those on this forum.

pruritis_ani
05-15-2006, 10:42 PM
These are new.. Ohio, New York, Illinois (2). Some are still residents, but they have taken step 3 and applied for their full license for moonlighting. I cant give you names without permission. Besides i wouldnt want their success compromised by those on this forum.

Thanks for the info, but I will believe it when I see it. PM me the info, I can assure you that I won't contact them or share the names with anybody. Simple license verification, that is it.

I can understand why you wouldn't want to post it, and perhaps you won't feel like trusting me. But, given the history of SC, this is going to be assumed to be ** by most, myself included, unless somebody outside of SC can verify it.

Another issue, is that even if these folks are licensed and working, they do have the distinct advantage of graduating before all of this drama took place. It would be hard to deny them licensure based on the trouble the school is now having. Your school and future grads have a new host of problems to deal with, and licensure does not appear to be getting any easier in the future, especially with all the red flags that the name St Chris will bring up.

azskeptic
05-16-2006, 08:21 AM
I continue to want to think that , there is not a new "St. Chris", at least not from the Senegal perspective. It is/was "mister *****" that went out to buy a new umbrella for his Doctor Evil organization. The Senegalese, simply upgraded the name, but it still functions under the protection of the same original Charter.

Lets do a comparison, shall we? Good boys and girls.

Say that the Backsteet Boy's finally decide that, that name does more harm than good, and they decide to change it.

Questions:
Is it a new group? So SC is actually L's school still or whoever he sold it to and the new school is a different school?

empathy
05-16-2006, 10:29 AM
Everyone owes the BBC a huge 'Thank You'. If they hadn't looked into these schools and their owners who knows how many patients in England would have died at the hands of doctors who did not rec' proper training.

What they found out and published is the least of your worries.

This one is for our resident attorney Max:

Why would a college chartered in England want to become affiliated with a college chartered in Senegal? The two have nothing in common. This latest affiliation rumor does not make any sense.

Tritonesub
05-16-2006, 11:51 AM
Everyone owes the BBC a huge 'Thank You'. If they hadn't looked into these schools and their owners who knows how many patients in England would have died at the hands of doctors who did not rec' proper training.

What they found out and published is the least of your worries.

This one is for our resident attorney Max:

Why would a college chartered in England want to become affiliated with a college chartered in Senegal? The two have nothing in common. This latest affiliation rumor does not make any sense.

Its not for england... The whole point of the school is to further the progress of medicine in Senegal. The affiliation allows Senegalese doctors to train in the UK in world renowned facilities. It also allows non-senegalese to participte in humanitarian efforts in 3rd world countries. Many who come to St. Chris want to do mission and peace corp work... that is the reason that the senegal charter is attractive to them.. then lets say the cayman islands.

As far as the BBC. What info did they report that isnt the equivelient of a micheal jackson story in the Enquirer? Senegal charter is not an issue.. ask anyone.. bill *****..the GMC... the minister of health of senegal. That was the whole basis behind their 'worthless degree' story.

Besides there is still a st. chris grad working as a surgeon in england.. dont you think they would have pulled his license if they were worried about the quality of training?

If you have never lived in england you wouldnt know of the bad reputation the BBC has in its own country. The only legitimate portion is the world news.... if that.

empathy
05-16-2006, 01:06 PM
You should edit your previous post. ValueMD members are going to eat you alive. You aren't speaking before a bunch of 17 year old high school students or Grace grads here. This is a very educated bunch. You've got a few hours at most and then they are going to blow your arguments right out of the water.

Tritonesub
05-16-2006, 01:54 PM
What are you talking about? ... there is nothing to be edited. Its all 100% true. Why dont you call Bill ***** and ask him if they have confirmation of the charter from 2000 till present. Why not call the school and learn of the misssion statement and purpose of the school. Why not visit the school in senegal and speak with the MANY students there?

Once again like the BBC and Az you spin your lack of information into negative information. I'm not spinning info.. saying that the school is some superior institution of learning...all i am giving you are the facts.

All students feel very strongly about all the misinformation on this site and elsewhere (BBC). Not because it will affect our future.. because only the FACTS will, but because you have insulted a very proud school, a very proud country and individuals whom have dedicated their lives to helping their struggling country.

Some of us have more altruistic goals than wearing a white coat and cashing a paycheck............

empathy
05-16-2006, 02:10 PM
Didn't you open in 1998? Senegal gave you permission to begin operations in 2003. What did you do piggy back a charter or something? Where do I go to get financials on your non-profit work in Senegal?

Its not for england... The whole point of the school is to further the progress of medicine in Senegal. The affiliation allows Senegalese doctors to train in the UK in world renowned facilities. It also allows non-senegalese to participte in humanitarian efforts in 3rd world countries. Many who come to St. Chris want to do mission and peace corp work... that is the reason that the senegal charter is attractive to them.. then lets say the cayman islands.

As far as the BBC. What info did they report that isnt the equivelient of a micheal jackson story in the Enquirer? Senegal charter is not an issue.. ask anyone.. bill *****..the GMC... the minister of health of senegal. That was the whole basis behind their 'worthless degree' story.

Besides there is still a st. chris grad working as a surgeon in england.. dont you think they would have pulled his license if they were worried about the quality of training?

If you have never lived in england you wouldnt know of the bad reputation the BBC has in its own country. The only legitimate portion is the world news.... if that.

Tritonesub
05-16-2006, 02:37 PM
Didn't you open in 1998? Senegal gave you permission to begin operations in 2003. What did you do piggy back a charter or something? Where do I go to get financials on your non-profit work in Senegal?

....sigh.. can anyone on this site read english??

for the 200th time.. St. Chris/Senegal/UK opened in 2000 with a charter from that government. An affiliation with the Univeristy EIN was signed in 2003.. which has nothing to do with anything other than the senegal campus moved on to the UEIN campus in 2003.

please... for the love of god.. go back and read the IMED listing ... v e r y c a r e f u l l y.

... makes me wonder about your previous statement regarding high school students and grace grads.......

empathy
05-16-2006, 02:46 PM
you are recruiting volunteers in the US where can I go to check out your financials?

Tritonesub
05-16-2006, 02:51 PM
Look at your avatar..... Call WHO ... they paritally fund the humanitarian programs in senegal under SC. I am unsure of the how exactly finances are distributed, you would have to contact the administration in Senegal. I never said that the school was a non-profit organization.... but a portion of monies does definately go toward humanitarian efforts in senegal. Part of this is direct funding of the school in senegal, as they are at an extreme shortage of healthcare workers. The UK campus does not recieve funding and therefore must rely on money from the students.

empathy
05-16-2006, 03:06 PM
You have an admissions office in the US. Are the humanitarian efforts used to recruit students through this office? Have you ever approached the United Nations regarding a grant to fund your efforts in Senegal? Have you ever asked a US citizen to embark on a humanitarian effort abroad?

Look at your avatar..... Call WHO ... they paritally fund the humanitarian programs in senegal under SC. I am unsure of the how exactly finances are distributed, you would have to contact the administration in Senegal. I never said that the school was a non-profit organization.... but a portion of monies does definately go toward humanitarian efforts in senegal.

azskeptic
05-16-2006, 04:03 PM

If you have never lived in england you wouldnt know of the bad reputation the BBC has in its own country. The only legitimate portion is the world news.... if that. Show us how much money went from SC to Senegal....that is reportedly the problem that the men in robes had with the Owner of SC and wouldn't give him recognition because no money was flowing.

But lets not kid around. You appear to not know what is real here. I understand and won't waste my time. Ask some people who know what is reality. Some people geniunely don't know when they are in the middle of a disaster.

AUCMD2006
05-16-2006, 04:28 PM
the humanitarian mision again? just because it is in a mision statement doesn't make it true. exactly how does recruiting americans to train in the UK and work in the US benefit anyone in Senegal outside of whoever gets the "administrative fees" for said humanitarian mision..oh and the land rover dealer in dakar?

because very very very very few SC students go to senegal they can tell you guys whatever they want and you can make yourself feel good about thinking any of the money goes to anything other than lining the pockets of whoever is running a program. you say that tons of SC students go there for the chance to do mision work yet the school has been around since 2000 and there has only been one verified student that has taken the school up on clinicals there...

lets try and get back to reality for a moment:

1) the mision statement is a feel good load of warm steamy turd because no one is required to go, if it truly was a humanitarin mision a percentage of seats in the UK would be given to senegal students and all you guys living la vida loca in a first world country would have to actually do something to have bragging rights to saying you have anything to do with any humanitarin work.. to sit there and insinuate that you are doing God's work and helping the people of senegal by paying tuition and being told that some tuition goes to humanitarian work is an isult to every mision worker who has actually gone somewhere rather than just take credit for it.

next time you sit there in your confortable bed, think about the real humanitarians in the field who sleep in cots and have to wet thier clothes in the shower at night and sleep in wet clothes just to try and keep cool

2) people go to SC because it is in a great location. you can make people think you are in a brittish school

sorry to bring this dream cruise back into the reality lane but fantasy world were tuition paid to a third world country actually makes it to what it was intended for is now closed, so are the "all brittish professors (with MBBS from asia) rides, "private brittish medical school" land, and the "NJ is good to go" theme park

back to work..let the spinning continue..humanitarian mision hehehehe now i am laughing to hard to do step 3 questions

azskeptic
05-16-2006, 06:19 PM
the humanitarian mision again? just because it is in a mision statement doesn't make it true. exactly how does recruiting americans to train in the UK and work in the US benefit anyone in Senegal outside of whoever gets the "administrative fees" for said humanitarian mision..oh and the land rover dealer in dakar?

because very very very very few SC students go to senegal they can tell you guys whatever they want and you can make yourself feel good about thinking any of the money goes to anything other than lining the pockets of whoever is running a program. you say that tons of SC students go there for the chance to do mision work yet the school has been around since 2000 and there has only been one verified student that has taken the school up on clinicals there...

lets try and get back to reality for a moment:

1) the mision statement is a feel good load of warm steamy turd because no one is required to go, if it truly was a humanitarin mision a percentage of seats in the UK would be given to senegal students and all you guys living la vida loca in a first world country would have to actually do something to have bragging rights to saying you have anything to do with any humanitarin work.. to sit there and insinuate that you are doing God's work and helping the people of senegal by paying tuition and being told that some tuition goes to humanitarian work is an isult to every mision worker who has actually gone somewhere rather than just take credit for it.

next time you sit there in your confortable bed, think about the real humanitarians in the field who sleep in cots and have to wet thier clothes in the shower at night and sleep in wet clothes just to try and keep cool

2) people go to SC because it is in a great location. you can make people think you are in a brittish school

sorry to bring this dream cruise back into the reality lane but fantasy world were tuition paid to a third world country actually makes it to what it was intended for is now closed, so are the "all brittish professors (with MBBS from asia) rides, "private brittish medical school" land, and the "NJ is good to go" theme park

back to work..let the spinning continue..humanitarian mision hehehehe now i am laughing to hard to do step 3 questions # 3 would be Everything is fixed with the ECFMG and the GMC and Texas,California, New York,NJ, and Florida (heck throw in hawaii and Virgin Islands too for warm weather) are soon to be approved. Sounds like a John Prine song almost.

sheikh1
05-16-2006, 06:32 PM
They must desperate to use MUA!!

Tritonesub
05-16-2006, 07:10 PM

uhh.. i've done mission work in villages in india. Several of my classmates have done work in south america and with doctors without borders. One of my classmates even has a master's of Tropical medicine and plans to work overseas permanently. There is more than one UK student who has gone to senegal, there are some that do their residency's international rotation there.

Your statement is something you should consider.. What humanitarian experience do you have?? ...Or your school for that matter?? doing mission work is not drinking all day on some carribean island. Everyone is well aware of the lifestyle that those who go to carribean schools lead and what 'help' you give to the local community there. You have no qualifications to even take a stance on this issue.

Tritonesub
05-16-2006, 07:14 PM
# 3 would be Everything is fixed with the ECFMG and the GMC and Texas,California, New York,NJ, and Florida (heck throw in hawaii and Virgin Islands too for warm weather) are soon to be approved. Sounds like a John Prine song almost.

You need to do a little more research. We have licensed grads in NY and one in texas. You just cant do residency in NY or NJ. We are fully eligible for attending license.

azskeptic
05-16-2006, 07:14 PM
uhh.. i've done mission work in villages in india. Several of my classmates have done work in south america and with doctors without borders.

Your statement is something you should consider.. What humanitarian experience do you have?? ... doing mission work is not drinking all day on some carribean island. Everyone is well aware of the lifestyle that those who go to carribean schools lead and what 'help' you give to the local community there. seems to me you have a golden opportunity to go to Senegal and study AND do charity work since the country has a lot of needs. The Shaykh has clinics,etc. that you could work at.

http://home.earthlink.net/~halimcisse/sh-hassan-cisse.html

azskeptic
05-16-2006, 07:16 PM
You need to do a little more research. We have licensed grads in NY and one in texas. You just cant do residency in NY or NJ. We are fully eligible for attending license.You sure? Doesn't seem likely

Tritonesub
05-16-2006, 07:33 PM
seems to me you have a golden opportunity to go to Senegal and study AND do charity work since the country has a lot of needs. The Shaykh has clinics,etc. that you could work at.

http://home.earthlink.net/~halimcisse/sh-hassan-cisse.html

I plan on doing my international rotation in Senegal for residency working at on of Dr. Diops outreach clinics. I believe the individual you mentioned above is on the board of directors. His signature is on our diplomas and clinic in kaolack is one of the places that recieves monies from SCIMD.

Tritonesub
05-16-2006, 07:39 PM
yes.. he is.

http://www.stchris.edu/about/administration.php

Director-at-large

of course most of this list is rubbish now.

sheikh1
05-16-2006, 08:05 PM
Azskeptic, I don't know why he is so focused on sheik and senegal issues. May be he has a vandeta agaist african nations, who knows, all I can say is, I am not a fun of him!!

dt
05-16-2006, 09:30 PM
....sigh.. can anyone on this site read english??

for the 200th time.. St. Chris/Senegal/UK opened in 2000 with a charter from that government. An affiliation with the Univeristy EIN was signed in 2003.. which has nothing to do with anything other than the senegal campus moved on to the UEIN campus in 2003.

please... for the love of god.. go back and read the IMED listing ... v e r y c a r e f u l l y.

... makes me wonder about your previous statement regarding high school students and grace grads.......

But St. Chris opened in 1998. Look what your mtt wrote in this thread, post #14:

http://www.valuemd.com/st-christophers-college-medicine/11269-st-christophers-no-longer-has-any-affiliation-luton-uni.html?highlight=oregon+1998#post57907

Or do your own search with this criteria: "oregon 1998" by user mtt

Picard
05-16-2006, 10:55 PM
You need to do a little more research. We have licensed grads in NY and one in texas.

Combing through Texas Medical Board's minutes, we can only find several SC grads who were rejected for licensure (discussed many times on this board, do a search). Can't find one who is licensed. And under current TX law, it's extremely unlikely that SC grads are licensible in TX at this time. This sounds like typical mtt/bts claims of the past... like "NJ is good to go."

We are fully eligible for attending license.
No, SC grads WERE eligible for permenent license. Those that graduated before 12/05, before the current fiasco, may be eligible for licensure on a case-by-case in some states. You have yet to produce a graduate since the fiasco, so you don't know how folks post-L will be treated by licensing boards. If the current graduating class is not able to start residency come July 1st, it will be a pretty big black eye for all those to follow.

I plan on doing my international rotation in Senegal for residency working at on of Dr. Diops outreach clinics.
Got news for you, RRC is clamping down on "international rotations" during your residency elective time. The odds of you being able to do so and have it counted is not very good. I know several residents who did international electives and found them uncounted.

uhh.. i've done mission work in villages in india.
During medical school as an official representative of St. Chris? If not, how is it relevant to SC's "humenatarian mission?"

Several of my classmates have done work in south america and with doctors without borders.
Again, during medical school as official representatives from SC?? If not, it's irrelevant to SC's mission. Besides, plenty of other school's have graduates who volunteer with DWB. Heck, Spartan even claims a Nobel Price winer with DWB :shock:

One of my classmates even has a master's of Tropical medicine and plans to work overseas permanently.
What does a graduate's career choice have to do with SC's "Humanitarian" mission? He is not doing so as an official representative from SC using resources from SC. His career choice would have been the same whether he went to SC or Harvard. SGU has graduates licensed and working in several dozen countries outside of US. You don't see that being claimed as "humanitarian mission." It's career choice, no different than any other career choice of any other medical school grads.

YOU are the one that brought up the "humanitarian" crap in the first place -- like mtt/bts used to do. Up until this recent fiasco, hasn't it been shown that SC-Luton had done NOTHING to support anything in Senegal? Isn't that why Senegal is pissed? The SCIMD is merely several months old, and has yet to collect any significant amount of tuitions. So, to speak about "humanitarian missions" as if they are already being done, is silly and deceiving.

The whole point of the school is to further the progress of medicine in Senegal. The affiliation allows Senegalese doctors to train in the UK in world renowned facilities. It also allows non-senegalese to participte in humanitarian efforts in 3rd world countries.
No, the whole point of the school HAS BEEN, and will always be, to attract North Americans who can not get into medical schools in north America, and to export 99%+ of graduates back into their home countries in US/Canada. The whole point of the school is to be an "offshore pseudo-US med school" with "bi-modal" education system based on US curriculum, like every other offshore pseudo-US med school. And before you say SC is not "off US Coast" -- you need to educate yourself on what "offshore" means. It means a medical school that is based on US systems, attracts mostly north americans who couldn't get into med schools in their home countries, and splits it's curriculums to conduct vast majority of clinical years in the US. That's what "offshore" means to US licensing boards.
What exactly has SC-Luton done for Senegalese medical education system? Isn't that the entire basis for Senegalese's complaints and the reason for the fiasco -- SC-Luton has NOT done anything as it promised? How many Senegalese students have studied in SC-Luton and gotten their degrees? How many SC-Luton graduates, of all nationalities, have obtained medical licenses in Senegal? The number is zero.

What humanitarian experience do you have?? ...Or your school for that matter??
You are the ones who brought up SC's "humanitarian missions," and unable to back it up. In fact, you sound just like BTS/MTT in the past... There are plenty of students and graduates in other schools who have done "humanitarian" work -- but we don't claim it for our schools. We don't go around and say our schools are doing XYZ humanitarian work. We didn't do so as official representatives from our schools, so we don't go around saying our schools have done XYZ humanitarian work. It's our individual accomplishment as students/physicians. I bet you I know many, many times more Carib students/grads who have volunteered their medical skills in places around the world in the past 25 years than SC grads have done in the past 6 years. You just don't see us running around saying XZY schools have done "humanitarian work." Up until now, SC's financial resources all went into Mr. L's bank accounts. So don't go around saying it went to "humanitarian work." It's silly.

The whole SC situation boils down to this --

1) You have a bunch of MS-4's who have gone through Match this year, and may not be able to start residency on July 1st. This is going sour SC's reputation among Program Directors (and yes, this situation is very likely being talked about among Program Directors on various listservs.). This will hurt future SC student's ability to obtain residencies.

2) Current ECFMG status is up in the air, pending legal battles between the two "split entities" MUA-UK/SCIMB. No credible timeline to it's resolution exists at this time.

3) US licensing for offshore grads from schools without NY/CA approval are getting tougher and tougher. This is not an unique problem to SC. It impacts all new/unapproved offshore schools. FSMB did adopt the official stance of recommending NY/CA (most talked about is CA list) as a gauge for offshore schools. In the coming years, more and more states are likely to follow. TN/NV, two relatively easy states are the most recent ones to jump on the banwagon. So, current students who will be seeking licensure 5 to 8 years from now may find themselve in tough situations. (And please spare us the lines about how NY/FL/whatever approval is just around the corner. No one should go to any school hoping for what will happen.) So, even if SC-whatever eventually gets ECFMG back, it will only rise to the rank of "risky offshore schools without any external approval in the US," like every other new and unapproved schools. Still not a good choice.

4) Lastly, GMC -- the least of your concerns now. But this goes back to the concern of squatting in a country as a business while operating entirely outside of the country of charter. All it takes is another media story and public outcry, you may find new legislations that will force SC to return to Senegal and cease operation in the UK. Could it happen? who knows. But negative media exposure often have similar consequences. It's happened before...

P

empathy
05-17-2006, 08:44 AM
I tried to warn you. Careful what you post here. These guys are very sharp. I'm really out of my league too but I enjoy being humbled from time to time. It's good for the soul.

azskeptic
05-17-2006, 12:14 PM
NO graduates licensed in the state per Texas. One "Katrina" emergency permit issued to a Louisiana physician

azskeptic
05-17-2006, 01:18 PM
Confirmed that the dueling two SC schools (Mua-Sc-UK and SCIMD) are not ECFMG approved and have been told by the ECFMG to submit documentation. With the lawsuits that have been apparently filed in the UK and NJ this could be a long,long process.

For those who don't believe me, obviously I suggest you check for yourselves. Those of you who attending an unrecognized school should be aware of the ramifications for licensing.

empathy
05-17-2006, 01:30 PM
How 'bout in the UK. Have any St. Christopher graduates rec'd a license to practice medicine from England? How 'bout the Russian Surgeon? Trib claimed he is still working.

azskeptic
05-17-2006, 01:31 PM
How 'bout in the UK. Have any St. Christopher graduates rec'd a license to practice medicine from England? How 'bout the Russian Surgeon? Trib claimed he is still working.I'll ask of course.

empathy
05-17-2006, 01:46 PM
when you speak to your friends at the GMC please ask them about the receipt of proof of charter since 2000. Trib suggested we do that.

futrphysician
05-17-2006, 02:54 PM
You are in a country that doesn't want you there. You are skating on thin ice basically. Not a good place to be with the amount of money you are placing at risk. I believe we'll see more information on all of this shortly in the press.

Oh yes the press, your favorite people. Nothing like the blind leading the blind.

Oh yes, my critical knowledge filled point: Yer wrong. Again, you extrapolate YOU not wanting anyone there, with THEM not wanting anyone there. What they want is institutional oversight and control of quality. Quite different than what YOU CLAIM falsely. I think you have a bit more brokering of eggs to do Dean. You seem better at that than providing accurate relable information, especially considering you are far outside the loop. Talking to a secretary is not really informative btw....

empathy
05-17-2006, 03:08 PM
you know that if these students pick up the phone and call they'll get the same info Az has posted here. You are just trying to muddy the waters hoping people won't be able to see the truth.

maximillian genossa
05-17-2006, 03:29 PM
It's like a funeral that never ends.

AUCMD2006
05-17-2006, 10:10 PM
picard already said it but i'l crayola out:

-i never said AUC has a humanitarian mision, ever had one, or is likely to exchage spray painting gold walls for a heart of gold and start doing good deeds all accross the land
-you are equating personal achievements not linked to either SC with an institutional accomplishment, bad form
-there is ZERO proof that any money left luton..hence the little rift with the MIR's when they didn't get their "humanitarian" funds..that land rover dealer, and the house, pool, builders have to get paid and those private schools in europe and the US that all those govt officials send their kids to need some humanitarian fuding as well

i have done volunteer work, not through my school, it is a personal achievement that is not linked to my eductaion at auc and am planning another 2 trips but again not linked to my school and i don't feel the need to advertise and yell what i have done any more than i feel it should be linked to my school..matter of fact its not even on my CV because i do it for self fulfillment and not to fill up a page with "empty" accomplishments

marconim
05-18-2006, 12:20 AM
NO graduates licensed in the state per Texas. One "Katrina" emergency permit issued to a Louisiana physician

The great state of Texas is not giving licenses to any IMG, period.
A St. GEORGE GRAD with a MD license in a neighboring state is not being given a license.

Lets face it, the south is not IMG friendly. Sorry, but the north did win back in the day for a reason.

P.S. I am not equating St George to St. Chris in anyway, if you know what I mean.

ValuelessMD
05-18-2006, 07:17 AM

empathy
05-18-2006, 09:09 AM
They are still accepting new students.

It's like a funeral that never ends.

maximillian genossa
05-18-2006, 01:35 PM
Fro their new and improved model of education?

Sounds like buying stock high and selling low.

They are still accepting new students.

empathy
05-18-2006, 02:02 PM
You never answered the question I asked you a few days ago.

:-teeter

Picard
05-18-2006, 02:10 PM
The great state of Texas is not giving licenses to any IMG, period.
A St. GEORGE GRAD with a MD license in a neighboring state is not being given a license.

TX does issue license to IMG's.
True, graduates from OFFSHORE SCHOOLS, like St. Chris, whose schools are not approved by California are essentially not licensible in TX.
On the other hand, offshore grads from established schools like SGU, Ross, AUC are routinely licensed in TX -- not just training permits. Permenent full TX medical licensure. Many SGU grad each year also enter residencies in TX. In fact, an SGU grad is on the staff of George Bush's medical team in Texas.

It only took me 5 minutes to find these SGU grads holding full permenent TX medical licensure, many issued within the past 12 months.
http://reg.tsbme.state.tx.us/OnLineVerif/Phys_ReportVerif.asp?ID_NUM=483901&Type=LPD_NUM=482880&Type=LP (http://reg.tsbme.state.tx.us/OnLineVerif/Phys_ReportVerif.asp?http://reg.tsbme.state.tx.us/OnLineVerif/Phys_ReportVerif.asp?ID_NUM=483901&Type=LPD_NUM=482880&Type=LP)
http://reg.tsbme.state.tx.us/OnLineVerif/Phys_ReportVerif.asp?ID_NUM=482877&Type=LP
http://reg.tsbme.state.tx.us/OnLineVerif/Phys_ReportVerif.asp?ID_NUM=482880&Type=LP
http://reg.tsbme.state.tx.us/OnLineVerif/Phys_ReportVerif.asp?ID_NUM=483771&Type=LP
http://reg.tsbme.state.tx.us/OnLineVerif/Phys_ReportVerif.asp?ID_NUM=434933&Type=LP

******** OK, somehow links above don't seem to work -- simple way to research. Go to www.sgu.edu (http://www.sgu.edu). Look into their residency appointment list. Find those that matched into Texas residencies in the past few years -- allow for time in residency (meaning look for those who are finishing residencies in the past few years) and look them up in TX licensing board. You will find permenent licenses issued as recent as 10/2005 and as far back as in the early 80's. ********

Alumi directory also lists quite a few SGU grads currently working as faculty members of various TX medical schools.

No, St. Chris grads are not eligible for TX licensure because SC is an offshore school without any external US approval. Plenty of IMG's from established offshore schools like SGU, and true IMG"s around the world, have licensed grads in TX.

May want to spend 5 minutes and do some research before posting...

P

maximillian genossa
05-18-2006, 04:39 PM
I missed the question. What was about?

You never answered the question I asked you a few days ago.

:-teeter

empathy
05-19-2006, 07:42 AM
why would a school chartered in the UK want to enter into an affiliation agreement with a foreign medical school? Seems to me they have nothing in common.

Some students believe that a huge drama is unfolding with the supposed 'former' admin and Senegal but all the US and UK have asked of St. Chris is for proof that they had a charter prior to 2003 right?

maximillian genossa
05-19-2006, 10:54 AM
Unless the school in the UK wants to send their students to Senegal for tropical medicine training or for humanitarian reasons, quite frankly I don't see a reason.

Ironically, the simplicity of the matter is exactly what you point out at the very end of your message....proof that they had a charter prior to 2003 right. How come they can't provide this?

why would a school chartered in the UK want to enter into an affiliation agreement with a foreign medical school? Seems to me they have nothing in common.

Some students believe that a huge drama is unfolding with the supposed 'former' admin and Senegal but all the US and UK have asked of St. Chris is for proof that they had a charter prior to 2003 right?

empathy
05-19-2006, 11:04 AM
I wonder if any students have walked into the admins office and asked to see a copy of the 2000 charter? Also, the latest stories about Senegal being unhappy with the admin doesn't make sense when you look back at the chain of events. Remember right after the BBC article came out the men in robes appeared, met with a handful of students and claimed to be headed right over to the GMC with the documentation needed to clear up everything. A few months later the GMC made the decision we now see posted on their website and then the US began req documentation from the school.

Milrinone
06-21-2006, 09:42 PM
everyhting from this school is a mystery, a fake!

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.