PDA

View Full Version : AUA Vs. Sint Esutatius

{ Dr | G }
04-21-2006, 03:58 PM
hello again
Which of the two schools would you guys say is better all around?
That is if any of you are aware of both schools and would like to comment
Thanks again for the help...
take care

The Foremost Genius
04-21-2006, 06:36 PM
I think it would be better off at AUA. I also debated a lot and finally came to a conclusion to join AUA. Starting Sep 06.

MDXRS22
04-21-2006, 06:44 PM
That's my side of the story too.

desai29
04-21-2006, 06:47 PM
Make Good and Bad list about both school.. look at shelves exam.. professor.. clinicals sites.. cost... lists just go on

NOTKNOW
04-21-2006, 06:50 PM
My Opinion Is As Above.................
Eustatius Has Been Around Same Time As Mua Nevis With No Ny Approval

And It Seems Like Aua Is Near Completion Of Getting Ny---but Again I Can't Believe It Till I See It In Writing

But Wow Look What They Have Done In A Short Time

Also They Will Draw From The Wealth Of Experience From The Former Ross Prez.

I Considered This Option B4 Getting Accepted Elsewhere And My Choice Was Made On The Fact They Were Already Approved In All States (so You Can Kinda Of Figure Out Where I Chose)

All The Best

ut_cougar
04-21-2006, 08:41 PM
AUA is not approved in any states, NY will be the first...most states dont have an approval process. In my personal opinion, MUA just got NY approval and I hear st eustatius will have NY approval within the next year or so. St Eustatius has tons of grads, both permanent licensure AND tons of residents...AUA has nothing so far. If you posted this in the st eustatius forum then you will get another view. St Eustatius definately has way better clinicals, and thats hands down. I hear basic sciences at eustatius are pretty good and the profs really want you to pass and the old usmle first time pass scores are like 72-75% which isn't too bad and sounds very realistic. I hear the facilities are very nice, and I have seen some pics of inside classrooms and it looks good, only thing I have not seen is some of theoutside main buildings, etc but the campus is large and roomy, living is VERY affordable and tuition is VERY affordable.

nyla2006
04-21-2006, 09:32 PM
What do you mean when you say AUA is not approved in any state? Are you talking about approval for rotations, or approval to practice??

IMG X-Files
04-22-2006, 07:37 PM
Better to go with the reputable schools, SGU, AUC....mid levels such as MUA-N, SMU are ok....so far....AUA/St.E are roughly similar, poor facilities but average faculty......avoid schools like Aruba All Saints /Hope U/IAU etc...very poor programs with poor facilities and faculty....stick with schools that are established and reputable......AUA/St. E are pretty new...

pacemaker911
04-22-2006, 11:08 PM
What do you mean when you say AUA is not approved in any state? Are you talking about approval for rotations, or approval to practice??
approval is needed for residency. clinical rotations are not really restricted. practice can be done in any state if you can fulfuil their requirements.

i personally know a prof who was at St. E for quite sometime & is recently leaving for a US med school because he says he's had enough of it. the faculty is no good, every random student gets admitted & they do not have a planned outline to follow through semester-to-semester. im not putting down the uni because i do not know anything about it. these are the exact words (omitted some worse ones) of the prof at that uni. he commented these when i asked him if i wanted to apply to St. E & he said NO. so people, please do your research & do it right!

Outlaw MD
04-23-2006, 12:14 AM
I cant say much about St. E, but I live in NYC where the AUA office is located, and I can tell you for a fact that there are a lot of shady things about AUA, (first hand experience)

ut_cougar
04-24-2006, 08:03 PM
outlaw md...i know what you mean. same here...

commwings
04-24-2006, 08:21 PM
Hey all of us know that going to AUA is a gamble. Personally, I just want to pass my frekin USMLE’s and get a residency spot so I can show what I got. As soon as a lot of people start applying things will start to get expensive at AUA. We are all here when (for the school) Supply is more than demand. When this school starts to get tons of applicants and they get picky. It will get expensive. But hey, that’s just my opinion.

pacemaker911
04-24-2006, 11:16 PM
get a residency spot
its not as easy as it sounds. you just dont want to end up some gutter-side hospital where herds of patients come in & wait forever for service thats not even provided right. you want to do it somewhere respectable, with diligence, reputable & with future prospects. that is because you need to have that backing you up when you plan to do your practice in a high-end city with the top-class patients, getting to live closer to the american dream-life. & all of this comes true when AUA gets approvals from the better states...which im not sayin is not gonna happen, but is yet to come

commwings
04-25-2006, 05:31 AM
I see where your coming from. At the same time I don’t think I know a doctor who wouldn’t work at some D- hospital where he or she is saving lives. Isn’t that what it’s all about? Eventually your name will get out there and someone will give you the opportunity to work with him or her. Ask any doctor and they will tell you the best attending spots go to “doctors who know what they are doing” Give me a D- hospital any day and I will be the best damn doctor there.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.