PDA

View Full Version : eligibility for Step 2

spaslam
04-19-2006, 08:31 PM
when can i register for step 2? after i finish cores? before? during? i need to take by end of yr to match next yr i am told.

vadimk
04-19-2006, 09:11 PM
If you want to match in 2007 it would be nice to have the scores back before september of 2006 - so that when you are sending your application to prorgams you can include your scores. This means taking the test between now and august. However, many programs dont ask for scores but if you want to have scores back before interviews (Nov-Feb) take the test any time upto september or october (longer for step 2 cs as it takes an average of 2 months to get results back).

vadimk
04-19-2006, 09:13 PM
when can i register for step 2? after i finish cores? before? during? i need to take by end of yr to match next yr i am told.

It might take you as long as a month to register (sending form 183 etc back to school). And you want to sign up for step 2 cs at least 2-3 months in advance as spots fill up fast. Most schools will let you register any time. Ask your school. Some schools require you to finish all cores first.

microphage
04-19-2006, 10:25 PM
If you read the ecfmg email, you will have seen that it states u need to register by June 2006 although u can take it later than that.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.