PDA

View Full Version : Class Action Lawsuit and Free Representation

Truthbetold2
04-18-2006, 06:16 PM
Dear St. Chris Students:

Our efforts have been really disorganized an no one has 10K to invest in a lawsuit. A group of us have found a good lawyer who will represent us at no cost. His specialty is business fraud and wants a class action lawsuit but will repreent as few as ten students. He is a very bright guy and has experience suing foreign medical schools. When I have talked to the other lawyers (Seattle etc) they were clueless about foreign schools, IMG's etc. This guy knows our plight. So, you can find contact information at www.gordonlaw.com (http://www.gordonlaw.com). We all need to stand together and get back what we have lost in terms of time, living costs and tuition.

Andes
04-18-2006, 07:37 PM
The situation is complicated enough, u can't be bringing stuff like this into it. Furthermore, what lawyer works for free? did u really investigate this?

rokshana
04-18-2006, 09:41 PM
The situation is complicated enough, u can't be bringing stuff like this into it. Furthermore, what lawyer works for free? did u really investigate this?

lots of lawyers work for "free" - its called contigency they lose you pay nothing, they win, they take a cut.

doctore
04-18-2006, 10:19 PM
I think it's a great idea to hold the school accountable for the things it has done to its students. They are currently trying to charge students, including myself, school tuition when we have been withdrawn for at least a semester or more. If it is an error, who knows when it will be corrected, but it reiterates the irresponsibility and disorganization of the school's administration in general. We have all spent lots of time, money, and effort on a fruitless endeavor at no fault of our own and it's time we collectively demand the school be responsible for its irresponsibility and apparent deceptions.

Docbiz
04-20-2006, 10:36 AM
I called the attorney listed on this post and he appears to be informed and competent. In contrast to other firms that wanted 10k to even begin a lawsuit, this guy does not want any cash up front. And yes, there is a contigency percentage but that is true of all similar lawsuits. Good Luck to All; time and tuition money have been wasted on this disaster.

AUCMD2006
04-20-2006, 11:25 AM
many lawyers work like this. if they lose you pay nothing, if they win they take a large chunk..usual and customary is 33%

options
04-20-2006, 12:51 PM
I think it's a great idea to hold the school accountable for the things it has done to its students. They are currently trying to charge students, including myself, school tuition when we have been withdrawn for at least a semester or more. If it is an error, who knows when it will be corrected, but it reiterates the irresponsibility and disorganization of the school's administration in general. We have all spent lots of time, money, and effort on a fruitless endeavor at no fault of our own and it's time we collectively demand the school be responsible for its irresponsibility and apparent deceptions.

..................................:lolup:

orangecrush
04-26-2006, 06:02 PM
If anyone knows the name of this law firm please pm me with the info. Thanks.

Only1ni
04-26-2006, 08:27 PM
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Do anyone know how I could get the $1000.00 back from the school since I am not attending there now. I was suppose to start in May, but after reading the posts and contacting the school , I had a change of mind.

tRmedic21
04-26-2006, 08:29 PM
If it was a deposit, in the fine print it probably says it's non-refundable. I'd personally just thank my lucky stars that I decided not to risk it before learning the hard way if I were you. Count it as a lesson learned.

WTatou
04-27-2006, 08:01 PM
Listen, I triedd so many times to go to the link that have posted, I got an error message. Can you tell me how to get to it because I need the help of that lawer for sure.
Thanks

dt
04-27-2006, 09:03 PM
Well, that's interesting! does mua-b pick up st. Chris' liability when they brought/merged?

orangecrush
04-28-2006, 07:35 AM
Nobody remembers which lawyer in Seattle was willing to take this on? Still have received no pm who it is...

futrphysician
05-09-2006, 08:33 AM
no need for one. We have one in NJ and while it is costing money, we will get it back.

Getting a lawyer in Seattle is only good for a suit for damages. There are more important issues at stake.

empathy
05-09-2006, 03:04 PM
why would students who feel that they were misled by St. Chris want to use St. Chris attorneys?

no need for one. We have one in NJ and while it is costing money, we will get it back.

Getting a lawyer in Seattle is only good for a suit for damages. There are more important issues at stake.

futrphysician
05-12-2006, 02:51 PM
please don't tell me you miss the obvious....

Perhaps perusing the US offices address might clue you in as to why the location is what it is.

empathy
05-12-2006, 03:47 PM
but I don't understand. Are you saying that the attorney you mentioned represents students against St. Chris or that St. Chris has an attorney in Jersey that is helping students. If the latter then my question still stands...why would students want to use a St. Chris attorney if they feel they were misled by St. Chris? That is after all what this thread is all about.

please don't tell me you miss the obvious....

Perhaps perusing the US offices address might clue you in as to why the location is what it is.

futrphysician
05-20-2006, 06:01 PM
Umm and what purpose would using an attorney who would not represent 2 competing parties do? Creat a conflict of interest is what.
We have one outside it but since the office is in NJ, you need a NJ attorney. But thanks so very very much for your concern and your impending monetary contribution to our efforts!!

empathy
05-22-2006, 07:13 AM
so this attorney will work on behalf of the students to help them get full refunds for all monies paid to date? Moving expenses, housing, travel, tuition, deposits, books, etc? Many have had to start over from scratch and others were forced to give up completely because they cannot afford to begin again.

Or is he working for you to keep the school afloat?

Umm and what purpose would using an attorney who would not represent 2 competing parties do? Creat a conflict of interest is what.
We have one outside it but since the office is in NJ, you need a NJ attorney. But thanks so very very much for your concern and your impending monetary contribution to our efforts!!

john2006
05-23-2006, 04:18 PM
######################

futrphysician
05-24-2006, 09:25 PM
The attorney hired works for the STUDENTS, not any legal or business entity.

Its really quite simple.

notadoctor
05-29-2006, 08:00 AM
Could someone PM me info on their situations with their lawsuits. I would like to participate!

Thanks! :D

worldtraveler
05-29-2006, 03:11 PM
If someone can PM me with the information on how to get in touch with the lawyer to go get some of our money back from the school it would be greatly appreciatted

truthbetold
05-31-2006, 08:59 AM
Can someone PM with the attorney contact info.

Thanks.

Truth.

orangecrush
05-31-2006, 09:04 AM
I would like the info for the attorney as well. Thanks.

Tritonesub
05-31-2006, 02:01 PM
The cases are over. They have settled all the problems with respect to ownership of the schools. None of them was for money, our main goal was to make sure that our records were safe.

As far as monies paid to P.L., you must file your own claim to have the monies returned to you. SCIMD is giving credit for money paid (even though they arent getting it) if you can prove it with receipts.... this is for your tuition only. If P.L. ran off with the rest of your TERI loan, you will have to file your own claim.. unfortunately you are the only one who can do this.

myusatonyatlas
06-02-2006, 09:11 AM
http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/acms/MOTN/cv0390w1e.asp

Should we be attending on the 23rd?

orangecrush
06-02-2006, 04:03 PM
I may go and see what takes place....the guy owes me money.

ahlam
06-02-2006, 09:51 PM
HE ows me and my sister a total of $50,000, And their is a chance he will get a way with that :(

azskeptic
06-03-2006, 04:57 AM
http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/acms/MOTN/cv0390w1e.asp

Should we be attending on the 23rd? This doesn't appear to work. can you tell which venue it is in?

jpryor
06-03-2006, 06:24 AM
It's in Union County civil court. It's not a new suit, simply L trying to get a default judgement against him reversed.

Milrinone
06-03-2006, 07:40 AM
Is SCIMD really giving the students credit for the money paid? Do you know exactly the process? What about transcripts? Please PM me. Thanks!

empathy
06-03-2006, 11:30 AM
There are two lawsuits listed. The first one has St. Chris listed under several different names. Why so many? How many business licenses do you need to run a med school like this one? I think students who feel they have been misled should contact the court house in Union County to see if they can attend rather than just show up. It might be a closed hearing.

I can no longer bring up the business license on Sunbiz.org from Naples, FL that Truth101 posted on his Chairman MD thread. Maybe they closed that corp. I wonder if the name listed on that license is the same John Doe they have listed here under the first lawsuit.

Welcome Back JP!

jpryor
06-03-2006, 02:38 PM
I didn't go anywhere. Just didn't feel like feeding the trolls.

empathy
06-03-2006, 02:56 PM
feeding the trolls....

if you answer questions honestly and directly you have nothing to fear from anyone. If you tell the truth then the students can simply pick up their phones and verify all the info you give them with licensing authorities all over the US...isn't that cool!

I didn't go anywhere. Just didn't feel like feeding the trolls.

Noodle_09
06-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Is SCIMD really giving the students credit for the money paid? Do you know exactly the process? What about transcripts? Please PM me. Thanks!

Hi,

Can someone PM about this matter also? I need my tuition that I paid to PL. :( Please let me know. Thanks so much.

Stressed out,
Noodle

machine12
06-08-2006, 04:04 AM
Right because at this point any information is vital to ex students of the original SC. As I posted in another thread the issue of getting an official transcript is by far impossible now that offices are closed and other offices wont pick up leaving you with answering machines and email contacts of the school that offer you no more help.

As a former SC student, I am interested to know what the current status is on this class action law suit and what I can do to take part in it. After all like others here we all have lost money, valuable time, and endless amounts of effort pursuing a medical education ... which without any proof of it in any form at this point like an official transcript, is utterly worthless and can account for nothing but wasted time.

I know there are people in this forum who say well its your fault for going there to begin with and I respect those views but at the same token if people can say that, then why not also offer any advise for someone like me.

Now I guess I can suffice without that official transcript as I have many copies of the unofficial transcript which have allowed me to be where I am now (an approved school in many states like CA), which I am greatly thankfull for but that one document is holding me back from finallizing the admission process in this school and I am 95% sure this is the case for almost all the other students from SC who got out while they could and went to other schools.

So once again at this point if anyone has any usefull advise or suggestions for someone like me then please do share it instead of posting something stupid such as it was our fault for going there to begin with.

That being said, what is the current status again of this class action law suit and how does a former student of SC from the state of CA take part in this?

Thanks

feeding the trolls....

if you answer questions honestly and directly you have nothing to fear from anyone. If you tell the truth then the students can simply pick up their phones and verify all the info you give them with licensing authorities all over the US...isn't that cool!

highway
06-08-2006, 06:32 AM
It seems that the cases are over and if you need to go after PL then you need to do it on your own.

The cases are over. They have settled all the problems with respect to ownership of the schools. None of them was for money, our main goal was to make sure that our records were safe.

As far as monies paid to P.L., you must file your own claim to have the monies returned to you. SCIMD is giving credit for money paid (even though they arent getting it) if you can prove it with receipts.... this is for your tuition only. If P.L. ran off with the rest of your TERI loan, you will have to file your own claim.. unfortunately you are the only one who can do this.

empathy
06-08-2006, 08:38 AM
You may want to check with CA on this.....if you have St. Chris credits that you have used to transfer to a new school you may have to go back and repeat those credits in order to get licensed in CA.

Right because at this point any information is vital to ex students of the original SC. As I posted in another thread the issue of getting an official transcript is by far impossible now that offices are closed and other offices wont pick up leaving you with answering machines and email contacts of the school that offer you no more help.

As a former SC student, I am interested to know what the current status is on this class action law suit and what I can do to take part in it. After all like others here we all have lost money, valuable time, and endless amounts of effort pursuing a medical education ... which without any proof of it in any form at this point like an official transcript, is utterly worthless and can account for nothing but wasted time.

I know there are people in this forum who say well its your fault for going there to begin with and I respect those views but at the same token if people can say that, then why not also offer any advise for someone like me.

Now I guess I can suffice without that official transcript as I have many copies of the unofficial transcript which have allowed me to be where I am now (an approved school in many states like CA), which I am greatly thankfull for but that one document is holding me back from finallizing the admission process in this school and I am 95% sure this is the case for almost all the other students from SC who got out while they could and went to other schools.

So once again at this point if anyone has any usefull advise or suggestions for someone like me then please do share it instead of posting something stupid such as it was our fault for going there to begin with.

That being said, what is the current status again of this class action law suit and how does a former student of SC from the state of CA take part in this?

Thanks

azskeptic
06-08-2006, 09:02 AM
It seems that the cases are over and if you need to go after PL then you need to do it on your own.I don't believe in the absence of proof or case citations that it is over.e

empathy
06-08-2006, 09:07 AM
please forgive me my ignorance but what are 'case citations'? Will you be attending any of the court dates in Union County?

azskeptic
06-08-2006, 09:36 AM
please forgive me my ignorance but what are 'case citations'? Will you be attending any of the court dates in Union County?case numbers

D-Rah
06-14-2006, 11:46 AM
Hi,

Can someone PM about this matter also? I need my tuition that I paid to PL. :( Please let me know. Thanks so much.

Stressed out,
Noodle

Did u find out how to get ur $$$ back b/c I'm in the same situation I found about this whole mess late b/c I was preparing for Step 1. If so PLEASE let me know Thanks!

endorphin
06-14-2006, 06:51 PM
There is at least one large class action lawsuit against PL and you can find information about it on the schools new chat room.

endorphin
06-14-2006, 06:52 PM
There is at least one LARGE class action lawsuit against PL and you can find info about it on the school's new chat room. Yes you should be able to get your money back.

Milrinone
06-15-2006, 07:29 PM
I tried to get in those chat rooms but it seems impossible. Can you please explain me how can I get there. Thanks!

There is at least one LARGE class action lawsuit against PL and you can find info about it on the school's new chat room. Yes you should be able to get your money back.

endorphin
06-15-2006, 09:03 PM
You need to be a student and register a username to get in, sorry.

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.