PDA

View Full Version : A Trip Down Memory Lane

milos
04-04-2006, 11:35 PM
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=49138

MTT's "falsehoods" started in his first semester at SC and only steamrolled from there. I had a good laugh reading this, maybe you will too:

The college started in Cambridge and eventually moved most of its program to the University of Luton because St Chris became a college within the University of Luton. They also became affiliated with Guy's & King's College, a respected UK medical school. 5th semester students are currently doing coursework in Cambridge but I believe the Cambridge extension program has been discontinued since the college is trying to consolidate all of its coursework at the University of Luton. I believe the school was trying to become affiliated with the University of Cambridge but was unsuccessful because of politics and budget. Yes we have campuses in Luton,England and Senegal, Africa. The English program is geared to attract US, Canadian, European, Middle Eastern, and Asian students. The Senegal program is geared to those people interested in African healthcare. The campuses are independent of one another.

The pictures are of the University of Luton. You can do a virtual tour on the University of Luton's website (http://www.luton.ac.uk (http://www.luton.ac.uk/))and compare. The college is not in an upstairs location in a nearby neighborhood. The college is in the University of Luton and all the facilities are just like a public university in the US.

St Chris is licensed and accredited by Senegal. The university is a college within the University of Luton, an accredited UK university. The school is recognized by the GMC for limited registration. Students can do clerkships in the UK or the US.
The school is working hard to get full registration and more clinical sites in the US. Politics seems to be a slow and tedious process.

In the UK, medical school is different. Medical students in the UK are straight out of high school. They mix some premed coursework with the biomedical sciences. That is why they are six plus years long. St Chris is based on the US model of education. In cooperation with the University of Luton and King's College of London, they're developing a new program for students based on the US model so that students who did premed coursework don't have to go through the six year programs.

There are no specific URLs that will mention these exact phrases. St Christopher's College of Medicine is currently within the University of Luton system. We have a full affiliation with the university. All students in the program are registered as University of Luton students and receive all the benefits of the university. The first year program at Kings College of London is an affiliation too but, we are not considered King's College students. We take classes there and are instructed by their faculty. Students interested in doing UK clerkships are allowed to participate in programs in Luton and London. We have an affiliation with Luton-Dunstable Hospital and Guy's Hospital of King's College.

I wouldn't call it a landlord agreement. The university systems in the UK are different from the US. Universities like Oxford, Cambridge, Luton, etc... are composed of a loose confederation of faculties, colleges, and other bodies. I believe they call this the collegiate system. The idea is "different" colleges, schools, and educational bodies calloborate with one another and exchange ideas. It promotes diversity and intellectual exchange. In the US, universities are composed of colleges and schools within the "same" system and they're not open to foreign schools operating within their systems. The US also has limited exchange programs and is not as proactive like the UK in trying to combat poverty and health issues in developing countries. The UK is open to diversity and to the development of 3rd world countries. By embracing such programs like St Christopher's, the University of Luton is making a name for themselves internationally while being able to contribute to the development of healthcare programs in third world countries (i.e.-Senegal). Also, this university is mainly an undergraduate institution and they have some limited graduate programs. So by establishing programs like St Chris and other graduate programs, they can compete with some of the larger institutions in the UK and abroad.

milos
04-04-2006, 11:45 PM
And if you're looking for soothsayer, don't go to marcuswelby. In Nov. 2002, he said:

"in the next four years this school will be a prolific force in foreign medical education"

It took a little more than 3 years for the school to self-destruct under the lies of the administration.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=49138&page=2&pp=25

i am sorry if you feel this way but in the next four years this school will be a prolific force in foreign medical education. there is no place to come down and float to. i am sure no matter what i say now you will say i am attacking you. not one again not one student i spoke to thought this was a english medical school. every single student i spoke to says they were told immediately this school is chartered in senegal. how about auc in stmarten but chartered in monserat.? where are the attacks. this school has bought a beautiful big building in luton which is being designed to be a medical school that will breathtaking. they are working on ny and nj state licensure, and our last class had a 92% passing rate on the usmle. we have hospital access for physical diagnosis and intro to clinical medicine, and in the first semester for histo and physio, a board review class and full medical and dental and prescription benefits, a premedical program and a CLINICAL PROGRAM THAT IS SECOND TO NONE, and 90% of our teachers are MDs. why you are obssesed with the owner i find amusing. this is the kind of constant attacks from people that just blows my mind. and i personally never got mad when someone pointed out a problem or asked a real hard question. if we answer we are callled liars or recruiters anyways. why don't you ask that of stgeorge ross auc. and if we defend ourselves you say attacking. no this school is not perfect i never said it was. and they have made mistakes let me guess your school hasn't? but we have an owner who every single day of this schools existence every single time something is wrong he will not stop until it is fixed. let me say this again because me and so many of my colleagues are eternally eternally grateful for. if there is something wrong something not proper etc he is all over and they try to fix it. but again your raging obssession will be with the owner, a picture a WORD USEDetc we have students crushing the usmle getting residencies and now we will be asked about a picture or the owner or a word being used. what a joke. i have nothing against you or anyone who asks a serious hard fair question. hope we all make it as we are all in it for the same reason. mike and we are not coming down nowhere to float i am sorry if you feel that way as i hope your school never sinks either. mike

milos
04-04-2006, 11:47 PM
More of MTT's untruths, he was just getting warmed up for his later semesters:

The university is not trying to sell itself as Luton. They have gone through full affiliation with the university and are working together to establish a new model of education for international medical schools.

That would be auditing a course or taking a community based program. Our medical school does not offer such courses. We take real classes and are registered with the university.

Again, you're trying to compare the US educational system to the UK. The two things may seem similar but they are different. In the US, foreign schools can not operate in conjunction with US schools because of strict legislation. That is why Ross wasn't able to open their campus in Wyoming. However in the UK, such relationships can exist because it is part of the collegiate system and it promotes intellectual exchange.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=49138&page=2&pp=25

###
04-05-2006, 12:18 AM

Skipper
04-05-2006, 06:20 AM
i wonder if they got free tuition for all their propaganda? sad part is they probably deserve all this for lying to all these poor students

skipper

Scott1981
04-05-2006, 08:53 AM
those who developed and spread these lies deserve every last bit of what it going on. i hope those few never make it to the table for the ecfmg certification and wind up paying off their loans while working at mcdonalds or declare bankrupcy.

to those students who were honestly duped into attending SC, i pray for the best and with faith, you will all achieve your ultimate goal of becoming a dr.

azskeptic
04-05-2006, 08:56 AM
those who developed and spread these lies deserve every last bit of what it going on. i hope those few never make it to the table for the ecfmg certification and wind up paying off their loans while working at mcdonalds or declare bankrupcy.

to those students who were honestly duped into attending SC, i pray for the best and with faith, you will all achieve your ultimate goal of becoming a dr. Apologizing is good for the soul but I don't expect any of the cheerleaders to apologize because it would be a bit of honesty that would disarm them. As they sit at their kitchen tables today,watching the disaster unfold they still are blaming everyone else around them. Ignorance is an excuse I suppose but the malicious behavior of some goes beyond normal bounds.

sheikh1
04-05-2006, 08:56 AM
Yes they do need prayers now than ever before!!!!

empathy
04-05-2006, 08:57 AM
I do feel that for their sake BTS and MTT need to be held accountable for the things they said, emailed and posted on student forums. If there aren’t consequences they’ll never change and become better people. Can you imagine where they’ll end up in life if they cont. this pattern of behavior?

But, we need to remember that they were just the messenger. They were instructed in what to say and do by the admin. It was an elaborate preconceived plan aimed at deceiving students. I believe many of the posts made by BTS and MTT were emailed to them from the admin and cut and pasted onto student forum websites.

No way could two twenty-something students possess that level of word and law manipulation skill. It had to come from the mind of someone more than twice their age who had been in and out of court and back and forth across the ocean for years scamming governments, professionals, private individuals and students. People, including myself, often accused these cheerleaders of being admin and in a way we may have been correct.

Scott1981
04-05-2006, 09:09 AM
Apologizing is good for the soul but I don't expect any of the cheerleaders to apologize because it would be a bit of honesty that would disarm them. As they sit at their kitchen tables today,watching the disaster unfold they still are blaming everyone else around them. Ignorance is an excuse I suppose but the malicious behavior of some goes beyond normal bounds.

he browses while being afraid to post. i guess the tail is still tucked between the legs.

mtt: Last Activity: 03-14-2006 09:53 PM
Last Post: 05-02-2005, 02:59 PM

Tritonesub
04-05-2006, 03:03 PM
Apologizing is good for the soul but I don't expect any of the cheerleaders to apologize because it would be a bit of honesty that would disarm them. As they sit at their kitchen tables today,watching the disaster unfold they still are blaming everyone else around them. Ignorance is an excuse I suppose but the malicious behavior of some goes beyond normal bounds.

Much like those who live an utterly unhealthy lifestyle and blame Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor 3. It seems that the 'hypocrites' are numerous on VMD, while true followers of 'hippocrates' are no where to be found on this site. Funny how these people have come to be regarded as experts in the 'health' profession.

Mathalayapam
04-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Milos,

funny how such enormous liars were moderators on this very reputable site

Think that had anything to do with this?
http://www.valuemd.com/files/stchris_bannerv2.gif

and since so many lies that harmed so many students were fascilitated by this website, are they liable with George, Ringo and **** Lee O' Knee ?

Mathalayapam
04-05-2006, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azskeptic

Much like those who live an utterly unhealthy lifestyle and blame Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor 3. It seems that the 'hypocrites' are numerous on VMD, while true followers of 'hippocrates' are no where to be found on this site. Funny how these people have come to be regarded as experts in the 'health' profession.

I think your malicious post just proved his point

###
04-05-2006, 09:16 PM

Scott1981
04-05-2006, 09:18 PM
this is why they now have super moderators that cover many forums.

###
04-05-2006, 09:21 PM

AUCMD2006
04-05-2006, 10:10 PM
but you guys forget that the new people running the school are honorable and have nothing but the student's best interest in mind and that in 2 weeks it will be all right and the SC name will be restored to its former grandeur as a "force" in foreign education in its new incarnation SC Iba Mar Diop....

microphage
04-05-2006, 11:25 PM
but you guys forget that the new people running the school are honorable and have nothing but the student's best interest in mind and that in 2 weeks it will be all right and the SC name will be restored to its former grandeur as a "force" in foreign education in its new incarnation SC Iba Mar Diop....

SCIMD

hummm that's gonna be a tough one to type

*offensive name*
04-06-2006, 08:28 AM
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=49138

MTT's "falsehoods" started in his first semester at SC and only steamrolled from there. I had a good laugh reading this, maybe you will too:

The college started in Cambridge and eventually moved most of its program to the University of Luton because St Chris became a college within the University of Luton. They also became affiliated with Guy's & King's College, a respected UK medical school. 5th semester students are currently doing coursework in Cambridge but I believe the Cambridge extension program has been discontinued since the college is trying to consolidate all of its coursework at the University of Luton. I believe the school was trying to become affiliated with the University of Cambridge but was unsuccessful because of politics and budget. Yes we have campuses in Luton,England and Senegal, Africa. The English program is geared to attract US, Canadian, European, Middle Eastern, and Asian students. The Senegal program is geared to those people interested in African healthcare. The campuses are independent of one another.

The pictures are of the University of Luton. You can do a virtual tour on the University of Luton's website (http://www.luton.ac.uk (http://www.luton.ac.uk/))and compare. The college is not in an upstairs location in a nearby neighborhood. The college is in the University of Luton and all the facilities are just like a public university in the US.

St Chris is licensed and accredited by Senegal. The university is a college within the University of Luton, an accredited UK university. The school is recognized by the GMC for limited registration. Students can do clerkships in the UK or the US.
The school is working hard to get full registration and more clinical sites in the US. Politics seems to be a slow and tedious process.

In the UK, medical school is different. Medical students in the UK are straight out of high school. They mix some premed coursework with the biomedical sciences. That is why they are six plus years long. St Chris is based on the US model of education. In cooperation with the University of Luton and King's College of London, they're developing a new program for students based on the US model so that students who did premed coursework don't have to go through the six year programs.

There are no specific URLs that will mention these exact phrases. St Christopher's College of Medicine is currently within the University of Luton system. We have a full affiliation with the university. All students in the program are registered as University of Luton students and receive all the benefits of the university. The first year program at Kings College of London is an affiliation too but, we are not considered King's College students. We take classes there and are instructed by their faculty. Students interested in doing UK clerkships are allowed to participate in programs in Luton and London. We have an affiliation with Luton-Dunstable Hospital and Guy's Hospital of King's College.

I wouldn't call it a landlord agreement. The university systems in the UK are different from the US. Universities like Oxford, Cambridge, Luton, etc... are composed of a loose confederation of faculties, colleges, and other bodies. I believe they call this the collegiate system. The idea is "different" colleges, schools, and educational bodies calloborate with one another and exchange ideas. It promotes diversity and intellectual exchange. In the US, universities are composed of colleges and schools within the "same" system and they're not open to foreign schools operating within their systems. The US also has limited exchange programs and is not as proactive like the UK in trying to combat poverty and health issues in developing countries. The UK is open to diversity and to the development of 3rd world countries. By embracing such programs like St Christopher's, the University of Luton is making a name for themselves internationally while being able to contribute to the development of healthcare programs in third world countries (i.e.-Senegal). Also, this university is mainly an undergraduate institution and they have some limited graduate programs. So by establishing programs like St Chris and other graduate programs, they can compete with some of the larger institutions in the UK and abroad.

I was conned by many of these "students"
Yes I was dumb enough to make a campus visit and throw away an acceptance to Ross and also Saba. I was conned by a slick talking fool from Atlanta who was a toadie for the slick talker from Florida via Jersey.

Long story short, I am consulting a lawyer. I have e-mail records of their lies. I plan not only on taking legal action against the school, but also those students who lied and tricked me, and also tricked my lender.
Fraud isn't free boys. Yer gonna pay

Scott1981
04-06-2006, 09:06 AM
Yes I was dumb enough to make a campus visit and throw away an acceptance to Ross and also Saba. I was conned by a slick talking fool from Atlanta who was a toadie for the slick talker from Florida via Jersey.

Long story short, I am consulting a lawyer. I have e-mail records of their lies. I plan not only on taking legal action against the school, but also those students who lied and tricked me, and also tricked my lender.

the most you will get is satisfaction by creating a legal mess that the cheerleaders would have to deal with. so heck, it might even be worth it to add another headache for them. who knows what might get dug up in a lawsuit. you may find out that they had reduced tuition, cash payments, etc from the school. then you will really have a case against them. however, i think ultimetely you will wind up with nothing........ but you would have caused them lots of legal fees while you wouldnt have had to spend that much extra money because you were just attaching them to the lawsuit already filed against the administration.

i use the word cheerleader to describe the posts highlighted earlier in the thread.

if someone can sue mcdonalds over hot coffee, im sure you can sue the cheerleaders.

milos
04-06-2006, 10:25 AM

In another thread, I recently mentioned:

"Since you have committed the above acts, you may find yourself to be defendants (along with your despicable mentor, Mr. L) in legal actions brought forth by aggrieved parties. You may therefore be required to pay a percentage of any future earnings to those you mislead and injured. That is something, however, we will leave for another day."

I truly hope you file a lawsuit against (1) the despicable Mr. L, (2) SC, (3) the "slick talking fool from Atlanta", (4) the pathological "non-truth" speaker from Florida who is now fearful of posting here, and (5) any and all others who helped misled you about SC. You were very smart to keep all of you e-mails with these parties. Their posts on VMD and elsewhere should also be relevant if you can testify that you read them and relied on them prior to enrolling at SC.

I am not an attorney, but I would certainly think that you would have a viable cause of action for misrepresentation and fraud:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misrepresentation

Types of misrepresentation

Fraudulent misrepresentation is when the representation is made with intent to deceive and with the knowledge that it is false. This is generally a difficult type of misrepresentation to prove but allows for a remedy of both damages and rescission. An action for fraudulent misrepresentation can also be brought as a tort (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tort).
Innocent misrepresentation is when the representation is made with an honest belief that it is true. This type of representation only allows for a remedy of rescission.
Negligent misrepresentation is when the representation is made carelessly. This class of misrepresentation is relatively new and was introduced in order to allow for a remedy of damages in situations where neither a collateral contract nor fraud could be found. It was first seen in the case of Hedley Byrne v. Heller (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedley_Byrne_v._Heller) [1964] A.C. 465 where the court found that a statement made negligently that was relied upon can be actionable in tort. Lord Denning (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Denning) in Esso Petroleum Co. Ltd. v. Mardon [1976] Q.B. 108 however, transported the tort into contract law, stating the rule as:
if a man, who has or professes to have special knowledge or skill, makes a representation by virtue thereof to another…with the intention of inducing him to enter into a contract with him, he is under a duty to use reasonable care to see that the representation is correct, and that the advice, information or opinion is reliable

I'm sure your attorney will provide you with proper legal advice. I wish you the best.

jpryor
04-06-2006, 10:50 AM
(4) the pathological "non-truth" speaker from Florida who is now fearful of posting here,

I'm left to wonder if this is a reference to me and if it is, why doesn't this poster simply mention me by name?

I'm not posting because it is useless to try to counter the fantasies conjectured by so many. Choose to believe what you want, but when the facts are revealed, it won't be me apologizing to anybody for anything.

dt
04-06-2006, 10:51 AM
I truly hope you file a lawsuit against (1) the despicable Mr. L, (2) SC, (3) the "slick talking fool from Atlanta", (4) the pathological "non-truth" speaker from Florida who is now fearful of posting here, and (5) any and all others who helped misled you about SC. You were very smart to keep all of you e-mails with these parties. Their posts on VMD and elsewhere should also be relevant if you can testify that you read them and relied on them prior to enrolling at SC.

If the suit against these 2 is successful, will it affect them come licensure time? Will they need to declare it? Do licensing board care about this type of stuff?

dt
04-06-2006, 10:54 AM
I'm left to wonder if this is a reference to me and if it is, why doesn't this poster simply mention me by name?

I'm not posting because it is useless to try to counter the fantasies conjectured by so many. Choose to believe what you want, but when the facts are revealed, it won't be me apologizing to anybody for anything.

You from Florida??

I am thinking that they are talking about someone else. One reason is that they mentioned old emails influencing students to attend.

jpryor
04-06-2006, 10:59 AM
You from Florida??

I am thinking that they are talking about someone else. One reason is that they mentioned old emails influencing students to attend.

Ok...thanks for clearing that up. Besides, I don't think I've ever said somebody should attend any school. But yes, I'm from Florida.

milos
04-06-2006, 11:02 AM

No, I was actually referring to the individual quoted in my first post of this thread.

But, if the shoe fits, wear it.

jpryor
04-06-2006, 11:31 AM
No, I was actually referring to the individual quoted in my first post of this thread.

But, if the shoe fits, wear it.

Frankly, I've never read anything you posted that warranted reading anything else you posted.

teratos
04-06-2006, 11:37 AM
Kindly avoid flame wars. G

AUCMD2006
04-06-2006, 11:48 AM

i thought you were on the st james squad?

jpryor
04-06-2006, 11:50 AM
i thought you were on the st james squad?

Boy, you are out of the loop! :) I've been assisting the St. Chris students for quite some time.

maximillian genossa
04-06-2006, 11:52 AM
Which facts, about you or about St. Chris?

Becasue about St. Chris, I am sorry to break you the bad news, they are already out.

maximillian genossa
04-06-2006, 11:56 AM
Depends on the state board. We have 50 of them,plus V.I. and P.R.

Some state boards will ask you to disclose if you have been a party to a civil action, some states won't. If they ask and you answer no, but in fact you were, then they will consider it falsifying your medical application, and kaputz, you are done.

So, better start to do your homework state by state.

If the suit against these 2 is successful, will it affect them come licensure time? Will they need to declare it? Do licensing board care about this type of stuff?

jpryor
04-06-2006, 12:07 PM
Which facts, about you or about St. Chris?

Becasue about St. Chris, I am sorry to break you the bad news, they are already out.

Sorry to break it to you, but no, the facts have not been revealed. You all have been speculating on things you have contrived that have no relation to the truth, which is why it's been easy to ignore most of what's been said.

PathOne
04-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Sorry to break it to you, but no, the facts have not been revealed. You all have been speculating on things you have contrived that have no relation to the truth, which is why it's been easy to ignore most of what's been said.

Oh, I think there's plenty of facts that's been revealed so far:

1. Senegal has, thus far, refused to verify charter for St. Chris Luton.
2. GMC has banned St. Chris grads, referencing not only lack of proven charter, but also quality assurance concerns and a general clampdown on UK squatter schools.
3. ECFMG has suspended certification of St. Chris grads.
4. School is in complete disarray, the founder having broken off (or been broken off, whatever) and merged with another shaky, if less so, school: MUA Belize, taking ALL physical facilities with him - according to St. Chris students.
5. Senegal has still made NO official comment ANYWHERE regarding St. Chris.

THOSE are the CURRENT FACTS about St. Chris. In fact, it's the TRUTH about St. Chris currently.

Now, there may be (should be, for the sake of students and grads) much activity to salvage the school. However, the FACT is that NEITHER the GMC nor the ECFMG has made any official acknowledgement of progress in this respect.

So as far as I personally am concerned, sufficient facts about St. Chris (both of them) has been revealed. Question is not if the school has a viable future, because there's not a single fact supporting such an assertion. Question is if current students and grads can find a way out of this mess.

maximillian genossa
04-06-2006, 12:38 PM
Let me see, the GMC investigated and ruled, ECFMG is investigating, P.L. was fired, cut a deal with MUA-B to rescue his real estate obligations in Luton, the denied that they knew about any investigations when I called them a couple of weeks ago when in fact I was reading the GMC decision from the GMC website, Senegal is rescuing the school(good luck on that one), P.L. is being sued left and right, students are getting screwed left and right. So much for speculation.

And the facts are not out yet. Pardon me comrade, but you said something similar before the GMC ruled and if I am not mistaken you were proved wrong.

Your constant "wait until the truth comes out" sounds like a punch line from the X-Files.

Ever heard about the power of denial?

Pardon my bluntness, but there are plenty of facts out that contradict your imaginary theories.

milos
04-06-2006, 12:48 PM
*** P.L. was fired, cut a deal with MUA-B to rescue his real estate obligations in Luton ***

Another aspect of this whole affair that I find quite interesting is that Mr. L is getting together with Dr. S, the chief proprietor of MUA-Belize. Now, based on my understanding, this is the same Dr. S that was ACCUSED of improprieties, including theft, at the time of the SMU-Belize fallout in 2002. Of course, I don't know if Dr. S is guilty or not of these allegations, but I am certain of one thing:

Dr. S and Mr. L are now lying in bed together, and they will both be sleeping with ONE EYE OPEN.

jpryor
04-06-2006, 01:03 PM
Ever heard about the power of denial

Pardon my bluntness, but you have no clue to what is really going on. Maybe your reality doesn't involve countries working together to resolve problems. Maybe it irks you when I say that when everything comes out that everyone will understand, but it's true. People have seen an event occur and conjectured the meaning of that event and one thing has led to another and suddenly, you all are off-base. I come here periodically and read it and I understand how it has happened and it sure has been difficult to refrain saying something. But, as has been stated here repeatedly, facts are facts. You'll get the facts from the GMC and the ECFMG--not St. Chris students or me.

PathOne
04-06-2006, 01:20 PM
Pardon my bluntness, but you have no clue to what is really going on. Maybe your reality doesn't involve countries working together to resolve problems. Maybe it irks you when I say that when everything comes out that everyone will understand, but it's true. People have seen an event occur and conjectured the meaning of that event and one thing has led to another and suddenly, you all are off-base. I come here periodically and read it and I understand how it has happened and it sure has been difficult to refrain saying something. But, as has been stated here repeatedly, facts are facts. You'll get the facts from the GMC and the ECFMG--not St. Chris students or me.

Oh, we wait in eager anticipation. However, the GMC HAS stated facts from their viewpoint. Twice so far, in fact. And yes, countries do frequently work together to resolve problems. However, just a gentle reminder: The UK and the GMC doesn't have a problem in this case. Senegal does.

Of course well see if the GMC will reverse its position in the future. However, I wouldn't hold my breath. And anyway, real power doesn't lie with the GMC, as very few St. Chris grads intend to work in the UK. Real power lies with the 50+ state medical boards. And they're free to deny licensure, regardless if GMC should in fact reverse its position.

Sorry, but it's fairly safe to say that there's no safe and secure solution to this mess, which Senegal has had a very large hand in creating.

azskeptic
04-06-2006, 01:25 PM
Sorry to break it to you, but no, the facts have not been revealed. You all have been speculating on things you have contrived that have no relation to the truth, which is why it's been easy to ignore most of what's been said. Well, until we all get our decoder rings we'll suppose that the current situation of the 700-800 students is grave. Listening to the meeting with the Senegal contigency I saw nothing concrete that was being told the students that could be believed to fix the current problems.

jpryor
04-06-2006, 01:29 PM
Bingo!! You're catching on.

jpryor
04-06-2006, 01:38 PM
And now, I'll leave you all to your devices.

maximillian genossa
04-06-2006, 01:45 PM
Yes, tell that to jpryor since he is having a real hard time digesting reality.

Another aspect of this whole affair that I find quite interesting is that Mr. L is getting together with Dr. S, the chief proprietor of MUA-Belize. Now, based on my understanding, this is the same Dr. S that was ACCUSED of improprieties, including theft, at the time of the SMU-Belize fallout in 2002. Of course, I don't know if Dr. S is guilty or not of these allegations, but I am certain of one thing:

Dr. S and Mr. L are now lying in bed together, and they will both be sleeping with ONE EYE OPEN.

maximillian genossa
04-06-2006, 01:48 PM
Sure I don't have a clue what I am talking about. Try to tell that to all the students screwed up in this deal not me.

"Maybe it irks you when I say that when everything comes out that everyone will understand, but it's true."

You are right, everything already came out, you just said it, its true, you are darn right, somehow you can't see it. What irks me is your blind faith in your obviously wrongly proved sources. Change your bookie dude.

The coffee has been served strong jpryor, very strong indeed.

pruritis_ani
04-06-2006, 02:52 PM
You'll get the facts from the GMC and the ECFMG--not St. Chris students or me.

If all of this eager anticipation is merely in hopes of the GMC and ECFMG changing the current status on SC, then that is a very sad state of affairs. If the GMC and ECFMG do somehow reverse the current stance, that means little, IMHO. At that point SC will simply be the worst medical school out there, with huge issues come licensure time. At this point, SC simply cannot be called a medical school, as there appears to be no current recognition.

So, good luck to the students that are holding onto SC in hopes of this very meager (and still seemingly distant) reward. Getting ECFMG and GMC back, if it happens, is nowhere near as big a deal as the fact the school lost this recognition. The school went from middle of the pack, to completely out of the pack. At best, it could re-emerge at the bottom of the pile, for those that truly have no better options.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.