PDA

View Full Version : Very Basic

IMG SURVIVOR
04-02-2006, 10:10 PM
If you increase H concetration in a patient what will happen to his breathing?
2-If you increase CO2 concentration in a patient what will happen to his breathing?

1- High levels of H will stimulate the central chemoreceptors so you will breath more fast
2- You will breath more fast

miasma
04-02-2006, 10:22 PM
hmmm.. i'm taking undergrad physio right now, and i was taught that H concentration in body does not directly effect central chemoreceptors (due to blood brain barrier), and only responds to co2 levels. on the other hand, peripheral chemoreceptors respond directly to H concentration. but i'm only in undergrad, so i'm really not sure. but this is great review, i have my physio final in a couple weeks.

IMG SURVIVOR
04-02-2006, 10:34 PM
hmmm.. i'm taking undergrad physio right now, and i was taught that H concentration in body does not directly effect central chemoreceptors (due to blood brain barrier), and only responds to co2 levels. on the other hand, peripheral chemoreceptors respond directly to H concentration. but i'm only in undergrad, so i'm really not sure. but this is great review, i have my physio final in a couple weeks.

Dear miasma you are 100% correct, but also you have to remember that PH of the CSF will affect your breathing.;)

Thanks for the reply very good:-D

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.