PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with obtaining Transcripts

machine12
03-28-2006, 03:17 AM
Hello Everyone,

Im in need of your help.

A few months back I came across a post in these forums that someone had made with a letter template that anyone could use if they had trouble getting copies of official transcripts.

Well Im having a rough time getting my transcript as it seems all I get is the 'run around the bush' each time I ask for it. I would like the link to that post if anyone has seen it as I am having a hard time locating it.

Also any tips/suggesstions would be helpful for my situation.

Thanks
Current SC Student

P.S. Have any other SC students obtained any refunded money? maybe the graduation fees?

ValuelessMD
03-28-2006, 02:02 PM

machine12
03-28-2006, 11:42 PM
Thank You very much! :D

OLDPRO
03-29-2006, 09:29 AM
I think infromation is incomplete here, official transcripts took 5 days to get mailed out to my school I transferred to, but I never got a student copy I asked for. You must ask and pay for official transcripts, the student copies are worthless anyways, can't use them for transfers.

TAFKA
03-29-2006, 10:12 AM
edited to remove text

angel_fyre
03-29-2006, 04:19 PM
DONt you find that kind of strange that it takes a medical school "3-4 weeks to send out transcrpits" i mean i am sure any other place it wouldnt take that long.... what is every singal transcrpit hand written or something?? thats stupid that just shows how un organized the school

machine12
03-30-2006, 01:01 PM
I have been requesting both unofficial and official transcripts for the past 3 weeks now.

Its ridiculous the number of excuses I find and even now when the person to talk to is not in the office.

Blocks81
03-30-2006, 01:46 PM
these idiots keep BSing you about your transcripts, why dont u have ure attorney contact the school, lets see if they can ** him or her.

angel_fyre
03-30-2006, 05:21 PM
its gona be a CHALLENGE getting your transcripts, your better off trying to challenge climbing mt. Everest you'll have better luck with that. i got mine after 2 months then i had to issue some threats before i got mine

machine12
06-08-2006, 03:47 AM
Well you were right. It takes a long time to get anything from these people. I managed to get the unofficial copies just fine but the official ones were quote "sent in the mail" but that was as of sometime two months ago.

So what am I supposed to do now?

Two schools I have applied to are depending on the official version transcript from SC and I cant seem to get them now.

The NJ office is closed.

The UK admission office is out of service.

The other UK office that goes to MUA or whatever wont pick up instead has an answering machine each time I call.

My options are all exhausted.

Now I read in some other threads that the other SC-IMB or whatever its called has backup copies of the transcripts and grades from the original SC. IF this is true then what is the contact information for them? phone #, email, address, etc.

Im about ready to just hand this over to an attorny but I want to know if there are any more options for me before I do that.

Any help from anyone will be highly appreciated.

P.S. The schools I transferrd to have been kind enough to base the admission thus far on the unofficial copies but they do still want the official ones. Also for anyone readin this that has gotten official transcripts I was wondering what school information is on the transcript document. MUA or the original SC?

diogenes
06-08-2006, 05:00 AM
Check this link for contact details (including U.S.) for the "new" St.Chris-http://www.stchrisimd.com/contact.htm I have no idea if they have got all the info. from the old admin or not. But, if you look at their web site- especially "history" and "news"- they imply that this has just been a change of name and leadership: in other words they are painting a picture of some continuity. So it would be strange, if they do have the details, not to release them to a former student.

cindytravis
06-08-2006, 11:03 PM
Well you were right. It takes a long time to get anything from these people. I managed to get the unofficial copies just fine but the official ones were quote "sent in the mail" but that was as of sometime two months ago.

So what am I supposed to do now?

Two schools I have applied to are depending on the official version transcript from SC and I cant seem to get them now.

The NJ office is closed.

The UK admission office is out of service.

The other UK office that goes to MUA or whatever wont pick up instead has an answering machine each time I call.

My options are all exhausted.

Now I read in some other threads that the other SC-IMB or whatever its called has backup copies of the transcripts and grades from the original SC. IF this is true then what is the contact information for them? phone #, email, address, etc.

Im about ready to just hand this over to an attorny but I want to know if there are any more options for me before I do that.

Any help from anyone will be highly appreciated.

P.S. The schools I transferrd to have been kind enough to base the admission thus far on the unofficial copies but they do still want the official ones. Also for anyone readin this that has gotten official transcripts I was wondering what school information is on the transcript document. MUA or the original SC?

Go to http://stchrisimd.com for more info.

Yes, you are right. SCCM (NJ office -Mr. L's office) is closed. MUA-B UK is dead and gone. The only way to get it is through SCIMD.

I believe SCIMD's name would be on it if the courses were from Stchris.

machine12
06-11-2006, 04:02 AM
Okay thanks, contacted the SC-IMD and they say the courts have custody of the transcripts and that I must go through the courts...sucks..

Did any other SC students get a different answer from SC-IMD...

Tritonesub
06-11-2006, 11:16 AM
That's odd.. they just issued a bunch of transcripts to the graduates.

notfamous
06-12-2006, 01:15 AM
Okay thanks, contacted the SC-IMD and they say the courts have custody of the transcripts and that I must go through the courts...sucks..

Did any other SC students get a different answer from SC-IMD...

I've tried all the steps discussed in this thread as well, with no luck. Did they give you any contact information or suggest who to contact next, such as the solicitors/barristers handling the matter? Or, maybe the Court itself? Any information regarding who to contact next would be appreciated.

Tritonesub
06-12-2006, 08:21 PM
I dont understand what you guys are talking about. Call the Senegal office and talk to the registrar Mrs. Camara. She will issue your transcript. They have all the records in Dakar. They just issued about a hundred of these for students who graduated yesterday and for those who are starting residency in July.

Where have you guys been calling? The NY office will tell you the same thing, to contact the registrar in Senegal. All the contact info is on the website.

orangecrush
06-13-2006, 04:42 PM
I just sent an email to the Dakar campus. Let's see what happens. I requested my transcripts a few months ago and already paid fees to the old St Chris.

Tritonesub
06-13-2006, 09:25 PM
Well thats the problem then. The new york office has only been open for about a month. NJ office doesnt exist anymore.

www.stchrisimd.com (http://www.stchrisimd.com)

get the phone number from here and request again

Milrinone
06-15-2006, 07:36 PM
I called all phone numbers in US , UK, Senegal.......There is no answer. Yesterday I wrote an email to all departments listed on the website.....lets see if someone replies.

azskeptic
06-16-2006, 11:16 AM
I called all phone numbers in US , UK, Senegal.......There is no answer. Yesterday I wrote an email to all departments listed on the website.....lets see if someone replies. So is sciMD only giving transcripts to people who are going to their school or are they providing them for SC students who are transferring to other schools?

Harvard
06-16-2006, 04:42 PM
I talked to somone in the NY (SCIMD) office yesterday and was told I could not get my transcripts because they were tied up in court. They had no idea how long the court battle would last.

I graduated June, 2005 and I am ECFMG Certified as of Jan. 2006. I was told to fax a copy of of my diploma and final transcript to the US and UK offices and they would reissue a "correct diploma" and get me recertified with ECFMG. I assume this would also give me a "new" transcript on file to request.

I could not get any more info because I was repeatedly put on hold and they could not talk to me anymore. They did not mention anything about the Senegal campus having my transcripts.

Does this make sense to anyone? If I'm already ECFMG certified and graduated why do I need to redo all this stuff? Is it only to have transcripts available? Is it to avoid licensing problems down the road? Thoughts?

orangecrush
06-16-2006, 04:51 PM
I called the office in Senegal and spoke with a woman there. She told me to fax in a request for my transcript and send a copy of my previous transcript. I did this yesterday. I will call them on Monday to see if they have the documents.

maximillian genossa
06-16-2006, 05:32 PM
Once you are ECFMG certified you are certified period. I have never heard about re-certification, not even for schools that have gone belly up and people have graduated and been certified.

I suppose that what they told you will come handy at licensing time, the transcripts. For what you said, it is obvious that the people handling this do not have any experience at all in this kind of matters.

Good kuck

Max

I talked to somone in the NY (SCIMD) office yesterday and was told I could not get my transcripts because they were tied up in court. They had no idea how long the court battle would last.

I graduated June, 2005 and I am ECFMG Certified as of Jan. 2006. I was told to fax a copy of of my diploma and final transcript to the US and UK offices and they would reissue a "correct diploma" and get me recertified with ECFMG. I assume this would also give me a "new" transcript on file to request.

I could not get any more info because I was repeatedly put on hold and they could not talk to me anymore. They did not mention anything about the Senegal campus having my transcripts.

Does this make sense to anyone? If I'm already ECFMG certified and graduated why do I need to redo all this stuff? Is it only to have transcripts available? Is it to avoid licensing problems down the road? Thoughts?

teratos
06-16-2006, 05:49 PM
For what it's worth, you will need your diploma and transcrpits whenever you apply for a residency. This is in addition to your ECFMG certificate. I suppose it is a way of verifying everything. The ECFMG does not verify credentials, it only says you have taken your exams. You need transcrpits to verify that you have had all the proper classes, passed them all etc. Any residency program will want to see your transcripts before they hire you. I don't know what they do with copies of the diploma, but I have a stack of copies of mine in case I ever need one. If I recall correctly, I had to submit copies of my diploma for licensure as well as for credentialling with various insurance companies. G

Harvard
06-16-2006, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the responses.

Picard
06-17-2006, 02:01 PM
You will need transcripts from official sources (not copies that were sent to you) come licensure time. So, you may have licensure problems until the courts decide the fate of the old transcripts.

If SCIMD were to "re-create" transcripts from unofficial copies students have in their possession, I am not sure what the ramification will be if FSMB/FCVS/state boards were to find out (and they probably will, because they are keenly aware of what is going on). So, if you are relying on any credits you have earned under the old system (PL), then there is not a whole lot you can do except to wait and see what happens.

It sounds like the administration is not very experienced in dealing with issues IMG"s face in the US.

P

Harvard
06-17-2006, 03:43 PM
How do you think Licensing boards will view students who did Basic Sciences at one school and clinicals at St. Chris?

Basic Sciences: MUA-Nevis
Clinicals: St. Chris - all U.S. Greenbook

Technically, I didn't do any credits with PL. I transferred into clinicals straight out of Basic Sciences. I've never been to England. I spent two years in Nevis and 2 years in the States.

Picard
06-17-2006, 04:00 PM
Harvard,

Your clinical credits are under PL -- PL owned the entire corporation from basic science to clinicals. The fact that you did not spend any time in England does not negate the fact that you received credit from PL's outfit and got your diploma from PL's outfit. Therefore, comments about needing PL's credit above still applies.

Tranfers need to be explained to medical boards -- medical boards will want to know why. Curriculums from both schools will need to be scrutinized to ensure compatibility... etc.

You have a paperwork nightmare ahead of you. I don't envy your situation.

Milrinone
06-20-2006, 05:00 PM
Does anyone knows when transcripts will be available to students???

md2011
06-20-2006, 05:57 PM
May be never

Noodle_09
06-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Hi!

Did any students received their transcripts from SCIMD yet? Please let me know if anyone did? Also can someone let me know how long it will take to get them? I was told to send a formal letter to Mr FS requesting transcripts but I have heard nothing from him. Can someone let me know if there is something else i can do to speed up this process? Thanks.

Noodle

doctor95
06-21-2006, 12:58 PM
hey !!
to my knowledge NOONE has recieved their transcripts from SCIMD ...and if u r with MUA rite now ..SCIMD will NOT give ur transcript ..it is ur resposibility to get them from L***....this is wht dr R said in a meeting she held ...
BUT ....u can call TERI (onli if u r takin financial aid frm them )and tell them bout the skool and tell them bout the tanscripts.... this was suggested by dr R heself when i spoke to her ..
i hope this helps ...

Milrinone
06-21-2006, 08:54 PM
I tried to call the school but NO answer. Why are they hiddinig? Do you have a contact number?

STUDYHARD
06-21-2006, 10:00 PM
I am shocked that dr r is saying all this. She is no one to talk about not giving transcripts to students she does the same non-sense and plays the same games herself with students. For mua to have bought / merged with st chris to only turn around and say there holy and they made a mistake is an under statement. Mua is exactly like st chris and mua administration is exactly the same as st chris and Dr L is the SAME as Dr R. So now everyone is blaming each other with no sympthay for the students oh what a shame and really what a tangled web the carribean is.

I wonder if anyone will ever get transcripts.

Good luck all

Milrinone
06-22-2006, 06:55 PM
yes! good luck!

AUCMD2006
06-22-2006, 08:35 PM
spsrently only the students that graduated are entitled to transcripts?

Noodle_09
06-22-2006, 11:23 PM
Hi,

So I called Mr FS's office and a lady told me that they don't have the transcripts yet. Once they do they will "audit" them to see if they have been tampered with or not. Then they will send them out or something. She told me that it will take at least two months. Its funny to hear this b/c last time I called and spoke to FS I was told that they had the transcripts and all I had to do is write a formal letter requesting them. HA!!! What the heck is going on? Seriously!!!! I am soooo fed up with this ordeal!!! I don't trust FS!!! So I don't know what to say to the schools that I have applied to regarding my transcripts. :) Well this is what I know as of right now.

Noodle

md2011
06-23-2006, 12:09 AM
Mr FS and PL still partners . They have done so much investments in Florida and Canada togather that it is hard for them to seperate. This seperation of FS and PL is a set up so that they do not have to give anything they stole togather for last 5 years. Mr.FS was CFO of SCSOM. He had the control of finincial books and Bank Acounts. You can pull the Papers of their Florida Corporation from State Secretary's Office and see for yourself that MR FS was the check signing athourity for all % corporations MR FS and PL made. Some of them were se OFSHORE and 1 in Canada. When FS left in December he stole all the backup tapes from New Jersey office that is why he was telling the students he has the RECORDS. Both PL and FS set MUA UP for this Blame game. They Money from TERRI went to their bank acounts 2 Semesters advance all the times. Mr. FS is paying big money to 3-4 CHEERLEADERS ( like JF and his company) to hide and Blame. Students should Go AFTER MR FS not PL. Students will not get anything from PL as 8 months has passed since NOV 2005 and you have got nothing from PL or nothing against PL. After doing all this to poor students he is still driving his 180000.00 car without any fear. Students are after a wrong person. You will not get anything from PL. Get after MR. FS, take FS to court you will get your money back in a month or so. Mr FS has 5 Students protecting HIM , That is why nobody is pointing finger to FS. Every body is after wrong person. Nail FS you will PL too because they did every dirty thing togather for 5 years . If FS goes to PRISON PL will start talking. As lomg as FS is out of loop you have nothing against PL. 8 months gone and PL is still walking around free.

rhodeislandguy
06-23-2006, 02:22 PM
After doing all this to poor students he is still driving his 180000.00 car without any fear.

Oh come on- that car doesn't go for 180K. Bluebook it as used or buy it new- it would never be 180K :p

md2011
06-23-2006, 04:49 PM
How much you getting paid to be PL and FS's CHEERleader? It depends which car PL is giving you the RIDE in ?

AUCMD2006
06-23-2006, 08:00 PM
what car is it? bentley or sports car?

NGRN4LIFE
06-23-2006, 08:27 PM
Before MUA closed down, members of the old SCCM admin gave out official transcripts to a few students, those who really pressed them hard enough. The transcripts have nothing with the *****, cus by that time they have abandoned Luton. I guess some of the faculty and the dean felt sorry for some of us, and luckily, the registrar hasnt quit yet at that time....so official transcripts were printed out, signed and sealed by the dean.....but only for a few students tho cus the next day, the dean also quit, and the registrar as well.

Milrinone
06-23-2006, 10:08 PM
I read that official transcripts will take up to six months, can it be possible????

rhodeislandguy
06-24-2006, 12:30 AM
How much you getting paid to be PL and FS's CHEERleader?

Minimum wa....................WAIT A MINUTE! You almost got me! Tricky, tricky.

BTW- do you have a grasp of when to use the caps lock button or do you just use it sparingly and hope that people learn to respect you for using it?

azskeptic
06-24-2006, 10:17 AM
what car is it? bentley or sports car?maserati I hear?

rhodeislandguy
06-24-2006, 11:49 AM
maserati I hear?

Where do you pull this from?
What source told you a maserati? Man-granted that SOME people give you credit as a good source. But "maserati i hear"?

The car's german. And it's not 128K- although- even if it was- isnt that his right? Do you know what f.s. did before st chris? For all you guys know he played the stock market, made it big and bought a car. Big deal. I'm not saying he that's how he got it. But anyone can afford this german car if they have good credit etc. It happens every day. Let it go.
If he drove a civic though, everything would be cool? You'd feel that he was helping out with his funds fairly? Your logic sucks.

diogenes
06-24-2006, 12:49 PM
What source told you a maserati? Man-granted that SOME people give you credit as a good source. But "maserati i hear"? ...............The car's german. And it's not 128K- although- even if it was- isnt that his right? Do you know what f.s. did before st chris?.......
I think the original accusation was that PL was driving a mega expensive car. Not that it matters greatly anyway.

md2011
06-24-2006, 01:10 PM
I think the original accusation was that PL was driving a mega expensive car. Not that it matters greatly anyway.

Do not worry some fools are born to defend other fools.

rhodeislandguy
06-24-2006, 01:23 PM
I'm not defending anyone- but isnt this america? isn't f.s. allowed to have whatever car he wants?
Aren't i allowed to have whatever car i want? or should i be forced into a civic or corolla or some beater car because im a med student and according to you- my cash should go towards school? Well if that is your opinion- super. it's your opinion. But don't say everyone's a fool because they dont share your ideas on how to live life.

And if you're referring to PL- he probably does have some expensive car. He's getting his day in court. We're not all ***** supporters because we dont sit on valuemd and whine about burning him at the stake. We may share that sentiment- but whats the point of posting that over and over on a forum?

AUCMD2006
06-24-2006, 01:23 PM
german and says i may have a shady personality?...hmmm bmw 7 series or porsche carrera 4

AUCMD2006
06-24-2006, 01:25 PM
I'm not defending anyone- but isnt this america? isn't f.s. allowed to have whatever car he wants?
Aren't i allowed to have whatever car i want? or should i be forced into a civic or corolla or some beater car because im a med student and according to you- my cash should go towards school? Well if that is your opinion- super. it's your opinion. But don't say everyone's a fool because they dont share your ideas on how to live life.

well it depends on how the funds are obtained. ken lay had a private jet, and various houses paid by stock holders. the former admin of SMU in belize bought a speedboat.... so i guess it boils down to how he got the money in the first place and why are there students waiting for refunds with no one to contact....

azskeptic
06-24-2006, 04:05 PM
What source told you a maserati? Man-granted that SOME people give you credit as a good source. But "maserati i hear"?

The car's german. And it's not 128K- although- even if it was- isnt that his right? Do you know what f.s. did before st chris? For all you guys know he played the stock market, made it big and bought a car. Big deal. I'm not saying he that's how he got it. But anyone can afford this german car if they have good credit etc. It happens every day. Let it go.
If he drove a civic though, everything would be cool? You'd feel that he was helping out with his funds fairly? Your logic sucks. 700 people voluntarily gave him money..he didn't force you to give him money so what he got legally is his..what isn't legal the govt will take back from him. Absolutely it doesn't matter......he could put a bumper sticker on his car "I Got My Money The Old Fashioned Way---By Starting an Illegal Medical School in England and even today more people want to follow me to my next school..ain't life beautiful)............

teratos
06-24-2006, 06:05 PM
german and says i may have a shady personality?...hmmm bmw 7 series or porsche carrera 4

Thank god I drive a 5-series. I wouldn't want to be shady. G

tanisha
06-24-2006, 06:19 PM
Thank god I drive a 5-series. I wouldn't want to be shady. G

In what way possible does this quote have to do with the seriousness of what is happening with St. Chris? If you want to play, please for goodness sakes do it elsewhere, I assume mostly everyone on this forum is of age to deal with issues that are of importance, not these childish one-liners and high school come backs. Please stick to the subject!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You driving a 5-series BMW or a Bently fully loaded has do to with the issues at hand regarding st chris by how?.................What exactly is your point?

teratos
06-24-2006, 06:24 PM
In what way possible does this quote have to do with the seriousness of what is happening with St. Chris? If you want to play, please for goodness sakes do it elsewhere, I assume mostly everyone on this forum is of age to deal with issues that are of importance, not these childish one-liners and high school come backs. Please stick to the subject!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You driving a 5-series BMW or a Bently fully loaded has do to with the issues at hand regarding st chris by how?.................What exactly is your point?

OK, since you have done such a great job of not being childish and sticking to the subject in the past, I retract my previous statement. G

AUCMD2006
06-24-2006, 10:06 PM
OK, since you have done such a great job of not being childish and sticking to the subject in the past, I retract my previous statement. G

g,

humor is a mature defense mechanism yet both of us are being accused of being immature... how does that work?

you keep asking if the school is good, wether you should attend, bla bla bla... the school is located in senegal running classes in england. the gmc revoked them for doing anything but run a business there, the NHS has banned students, the clinical program in ohio was shut down and was being run with patients in a motel, the ecfmg prevented getting certified to take the usmle for a few months....now wrap your mind around the fact that all they need is a fax, email, real or fake paper saying a school has authority for the stamp secreterial service that is the ecfmg to allow sitting the exam.. students lost loans, tuition is missing, the business owner is gone, they tried to sell the school to another entity in belize, there are a dozen lawsuits, transcripts are in court custody, you can't find anyone to take your calls, students don't respond to you..... and you are questioing the mental faculties and behavior of others on here?:shock:

you may want to reconsider going there until the courts straighten out things in a few months by then residents will have started, students will have continued in clinicals and things should normalize. then SC will be were it was 2 years ago, a decent shot if you can't get in to a more estalsihed school or if lying to people by saying you are a brittish med student is that important....hehe

microphage
06-24-2006, 10:36 PM
g,

humor is a mature defense mechanism yet both of us are being accused of being immature... how does that work?

you keep asking if the school is good, wether you should attend, bla bla bla... the school is located in senegal running classes in england. the gmc revoked them for doing anything but run a business there, the NHS has banned students, the clinical program in ohio was shut down and was being run with patients in a motel, the ecfmg prevented getting certified to take the usmle for a few months....now wrap your mind around the fact that all they need is a fax, email, real or fake paper saying a school has authority for the stamp secreterial service that is the ecfmg to allow sitting the exam.. students lost loans, tuition is missing, the business owner is gone, they tried to sell the school to another entity in belize, there are a dozen lawsuits, transcripts are in court custody, you can't find anyone to take your calls, students don't respond to you..... and you are questioing the mental faculties and behavior of others on here?:shock:

you may want to reconsider going there until the courts straighten out things in a few months by then residents will have started, students will have continued in clinicals and things should normalize. then SC will be were it was 2 years ago, a decent shot if you can't get in to a more estalsihed school or if lying to people by saying you are a brittish med student is that important....hehe

see, now your just using another defense mechanism.

I'd name it but I wouldn't wanna be rational or anything.

AUCMD2006
06-24-2006, 10:50 PM
see, now your just using another defense mechanism.

I'd name it but I wouldn't wanna be rational or anything.

i did see being an ahole listed in k-aplan as a defense mechanism..

ok enough off topic banter

azskeptic
06-25-2006, 05:13 AM
Good post.....indeed it sums it up. But even more amazing is that there are people who are still flocking to get the same experience for themselves........are medical students into pain as a choice?

g,

AUCMD2006
06-25-2006, 07:02 PM
Good post.....indeed it sums it up. But even more amazing is that there are people who are still flocking to get the same experience for themselves........are medical students into pain as a choice?

the problem is partly the competitivenes of getting in the US that brings many to despiration and easy prey for experienced con men. all it takes is an official looking acceptance letter with a gold seal to hook a desperate soul. there are also some schools advertising in idnia, pakistan, etc saying that they guarantee US clinicals, residency and visas..how is that for a rude awakening when they get to one of these schools?

teratos
06-26-2006, 06:50 AM
There was a post where a poster said something to the effect of "If SC can get back to what it used to be...." I find that an amazing statement. What it used to be lead to what it is now, and what it is now is a gigantic headache for the people who went there before. G

tanisha
06-26-2006, 07:42 AM
There was a post where a poster said something to the effect of "If SC can get back to what it used to be...." I find that an amazing statement. What it used to be lead to what it is now, and what it is now is a gigantic headache for the people who went there before. G

i did not state what i had wanted to say correctly. many people don't deny that st. chris was a great school that had a lot of potential to grow if it had time and most importantly honesty from the administrators which is why the students are screwed and the school is in the position that it is in today. i know. we all know this. if the st. chris "new" administrators come to change things for the better, get things up and running with clinical rotations and producing successful graduates who are able to gain residency, get it up and running like a normal medical school where it will flourish and grow without all the unncessary headaches, what else will be wrong with the school? never give up on faith even when things seem like they have no way of looking up. No one knows tomorrow.

teratos
06-26-2006, 07:57 AM
i did not state what i had wanted to say correctly. many people don't deny that st. chris was a great school that had a lot of potential to grow if it had time and most importantly honesty from the administrators which is why the students are screwed and the school is in the position that it is in today. i know. we all know this. if the st. chris "new" administrators come to change things for the better, get things up and running with clinical rotations and producing successful graduates who are able to gain residency, get it up and running like a normal medical school where it will flourish and grow without all the unncessary headaches, what else will be wrong with the school? never give up on faith even when things seem like they have no way of looking up. No one knows tomorrow.

It was a great idea, but questions have always surrounded the charter issue. There needs to be clarity regarding this before SC can be considered a "great school". The only thing that will really sort that out is time....

azskeptic
06-26-2006, 09:19 AM
i did not state what i had wanted to say correctly. many people don't deny that st. chris was a great school that had a lot of potential to grow if it had time and most importantly honesty from the administrators which is why the students are screwed and the school is in the position that it is in today. i know. we all know this. if the st. chris "new" administrators come to change things for the better, get things up and running with clinical rotations and producing successful graduates who are able to gain residency, get it up and running like a normal medical school where it will flourish and grow without all the unncessary headaches, what else will be wrong with the school? never give up on faith even when things seem like they have no way of looking up. No one knows tomorrow. Model is wrong. Squatting in a country and not being part of its official medical school community is wrong pure and simple.

AUCMD2006
06-26-2006, 10:13 AM
Model is wrong. Squatting in a country and not being part of its official medical school community is wrong pure and simple.

all our schools do that. ross, auc, and sgu are no more part of the caribbean medical community than SC is in england. running a couple of clinics for the locals on HIV, diabetes etc does not constitute being part of the medical community there

you could have even said SC was more a part since they actually did rotations in england. what is wrong is that there is no clarity as to what is allowed. we all know our system works because carib schools boight a charter to operate in that country where the cahrter is issued but the question of wether operating a medical school with a charter in another country is viable long term.

highway
06-26-2006, 10:35 AM
The squatting issue was always going to be a big issue for St Chris. It's attempts at ingratiation to the British Medical Community would always have had to deal with the issue of students being perceived as British Medical Grads. And frankly those students that passed themselves off as 'British Medical Grads' rather than African Grads did the school and their peers no favours in this.

The St Chris model is not usable on the US mainland. And it is fair to question what would happen if St Chris (which ever version) tried to carry on as a fully operational school in the UK. At some point there would be immitators and these will then be immitated themselves. As this carries on the British authorities maybe forced to take steps to maintain standards to allay public concerns (They already to action over a report on a Sunday Radio show, think what would happen if this got into the mainstream press.) To survive these squatter schools would have to match UK standards. (And if St Chris had been that confident they would have invited the GMC and UK authorites in to inspect the school when the initial story broke. They didn't - just moved the cash off shore...actions speak louder than words....)

To be fair to St Chris the fact they survived an outright ban from the GMC was a massive success. The students where given a huge chance to move on and salvage something from their time at the school. A ban would have written off their time effort and money completely.

So to those that talk about St Chris 'Could become all it could have.' I say think about the bigger context of this event. Any Medical School thinking of opening needs to deal with this aspect and threat to the business model of becoming a UK MEdical school. (There are currently a few private schools trying to setup in the UK meeting UK standards. None have had success so far.)

Model is wrong. Squatting in a country and not being part of its official medical school community is wrong pure and simple.

maximillian genossa
06-26-2006, 10:50 AM
Built on the highest standards of deception and lies. So much for the great school it was.

TAFKA
06-26-2006, 01:08 PM
Model is wrong. Squatting in a country and not being part of its official medical school community is wrong pure and simple.an egg farmer sticking his nose into other people's business to declare a model of medical education wrong makes as much sense as a virgin male priest sticking his nose into other people's business to declare a woman's right to terminate a pregnancy wrong... and in both cases, there are fools willing to listen...

NGRN4LIFE
06-26-2006, 01:42 PM

I looked all over the GMC website but couldnt find such statement. Could you please help the brutha out and paste the URL you got this from? Thanx a lot.

pruritis_ani
06-26-2006, 03:06 PM
an egg farmer sticking his nose into other people's business to declare a model of medical education wrong makes as much sense as a virgin male priest sticking his nose into other people's business to declare a woman's right to terminate a pregnancy wrong... and in both cases, there are fools willing to listen...

The fools are clearly those that listened to the administration and students of SC. Putting your faith in a method that has huge potential for conflict, without ANY evidence that you will recieve a valid degree is foolish. Attending a school that you KNOW is not going to get you a degree that is even recognized in the entire US is foolish. Trusting those that will profit off of your decision is foolish.

Personally, I prefer an informed opinion from anybody, be they egg farmer or pharmacist, to a biased opinion from somebody that has already demonstrated a lack of the ability to thoughtfully chose a medical school (as evidenced by attending a school such as SC).

The fools that "are willing to listen" have listened to people such as the admin of SC and the students of SC, all of whom are either out to make a buck or salvage a degree that some desperate state may recognize for a short while out of the carnage that is St Chris.

azskeptic
06-26-2006, 04:55 PM
The fools are clearly those that listened to the administration and students of SC. Putting your faith in a method that has huge potential for conflict, without ANY evidence that you will recieve a valid degree is foolish. Attending a school that you KNOW is not going to get you a degree that is even recognized in the entire US is foolish. Trusting those that will profit off of your decision is foolish.

Personally, I prefer an informed opinion from anybody, be they egg farmer or pharmacist, to a biased opinion from somebody that has already demonstrated a lack of the ability to thoughtfully chose a medical school (as evidenced by attending a school such as SC).

The fools that "are willing to listen" have listened to people such as the admin of SC and the students of SC, all of whom are either out to make a buck or salvage a degree that some desperate state may recognize for a short while out of the carnage that is St Chris. Fools that have listened to me in the student community are not in the present mess and state medical boards I have addressed seem content. Whether it is eggs or advice to do the right thing to medical students it is obviously based on experience of what I have said should or would happen. So far I have been right....of course in the US you have a right to your own opinion..in some countries that isn't true of course.

Schools in the Carib. do have charters from their local sites where they are located.

highway
06-26-2006, 06:00 PM
But here's the problem for you guys. It wasn't an egg farmer that bought this story up. It was your success (yep you got enough students into the system to get noticed) and the attitude of your students and senior admin in perpetuating this idea that you are a UK medical school not a Seneglese school. (The fact you never had a charter until a few months ago didn't exactly help your cause.....)

Other's investigated this story and found out the about this school and you will still have to deal with this fact that you are not a part of the UK Medical establishment and as such will be seen as a fair target for the media.

You can skate around these issues as much as you like, you can lie and cheat and simply ignore the difficult questions doesn't stop these issues - it may allow you to recruit new students but thats it.

And as such the link below to GMC site below states pretty clear that the GMC have washed there hands of you guys. If you do try carry on then you have to deal with the fact that the GMC may be forced to legislate for 'squatter schools' and I don't think that will go well for you guys unless you know something the other private schools who have been trying to get UK accreditation don't....

here is a link to the GMC page about not accepting St Chris grads..(http://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/how_to_register/registration/uk_based_medical_colleges.asp)

an egg farmer sticking his nose into other people's business to declare a model of medical education wrong makes as much sense as a virgin male priest sticking his nose into other people's business to declare a woman's right to terminate a pregnancy wrong... and in both cases, there are fools willing to listen...

azskeptic
06-26-2006, 06:29 PM
In England it is not legal to sell eggs that aren't stamped with country of origin, if they aren't local (Lion) eggs. Same with medical students...sure some will make it past the inspector but most won't.......I follow the laws..i don't ship eggs to England unless they are through their customs system,meeting their law.

But here's the problem for you guys. It wasn't an egg farmer that bought this story up. It was your success (yep you got enough students into the system to get noticed) and the attitude of your students and senior admin in perpetuating this idea that you are a UK medical school not a Seneglese school. (The fact you never had a charter until a few months ago didn't exactly help your cause.....)

Other's investigated this story and found out the about this school and you will still have to deal with this fact that you are not a part of the UK Medical establishment and as such will be seen as a fair target for the media.

You can skate around these issues as much as you like, you can lie and cheat and simply ignore the difficult questions doesn't stop these issues - it may allow you to recruit new students but thats it.

And as such the link below to GMC site below states pretty clear that the GMC have washed there hands of you guys. If you do try carry on then you have to deal with the fact that the GMC may be forced to legislate for 'squatter schools' and I don't think that will go well for you guys unless you know something the other private schools who have been trying to get UK accreditation don't....

here is a link to the GMC page about not accepting St Chris grads..(http://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/how_to_register/registration/uk_based_medical_colleges.asp)

futuremd1978
06-27-2006, 05:30 PM
I was able to get 3 official copies for $75 and one unofficial copy actually mailed to me (i was shocked). I am assuming I got these because I had already tranferred into a US medical school in August 2005 (thank GOD!). But I requested these transcripts in March/April right when the whole issue of GMC came up. I am not sure why all of you are getting it.

azskeptic
06-27-2006, 05:36 PM
I saw an ECFMG letter showing that the SC-IMD has the right to certify people for USMLEs but the transcripts themselves appear to not be in their possession so it gets more complex. also at the same time apparently accreditating agencies are perplexed by SC's checkered past.....problem of attending a school in a gray area of the law.

tanisha
06-27-2006, 09:57 PM
I was able to get 3 official copies for $75 and one unofficial copy actually mailed to me (i was shocked). I am assuming I got these because I had already tranferred into a US medical school in August 2005 (thank GOD!). But I requested these transcripts in March/April right when the whole issue of GMC came up. I am not sure why all of you are getting it.

oh my goodness!!! hello there, i read your post about u transferring into a us med school. were u a former student of st. chris and how diifuclt was it to do so-transfer i mean. what steps did u take in order to be sucessful in doing so. thanks so much for sharing.

futuremd1978
06-29-2006, 01:09 PM
First of all I attended St. Chris basic science (2 years) then was able to transfer right out after Step 1 into the US programs 3rd year clinicals.

For transferring, you have to look for schools that are accepting transfers (which is hard to come by--just get a list of all US school and call them...dont bother with big names like Havard and such), you also have to have scored pretty well on Step 1 (high 90's), met all of the school's requirements (MCAT, B.S. from a US school, HAVE TRANSCRIPTS FROM ST. CHRIS- which if they have heard of the school by now, they may not want to interview you), and then go through some crazy, competitive interviews (my interview was 3 days long and cost me $600 just to interview not including travel costs). If you are lucky (and a good candidate), you'll get in.

However it's too late for this year. You will have to contact school in Feb/March 07 to get applications or info for starting Summer 2007. The main schools I have heard people getting into is like George Washington, Drexel, University of Vermont, Chicago Med, ect...

AUCMD2006
06-29-2006, 11:48 PM
search VMD there are 7 US schools that take tarsnfers. teh one he is taling about is eastern ohio med school. someone that transfered put together a comprehensive list. i know auc transfers to marshall, university of texas, university of miami to start out wiith but he is right it is a pain you need good scores, they rape you in charges, and a lot of paperwork

tanisha
06-30-2006, 11:51 AM
First of all I attended St. Chris basic science (2 years) then was able to transfer right out after Step 1 into the US programs 3rd year clinicals.

For transferring, you have to look for schools that are accepting transfers (which is hard to come by--just get a list of all US school and call them...dont bother with big names like Havard and such), you also have to have scored pretty well on Step 1 (high 90's), met all of the school's requirements (MCAT, B.S. from a US school, HAVE TRANSCRIPTS FROM ST. CHRIS- which if they have heard of the school by now, they may not want to interview you), and then go through some crazy, competitive interviews (my interview was 3 days long and cost me $600 just to interview not including travel costs). If you are lucky (and a good candidate), you'll get in.

However it's too late for this year. You will have to contact school in Feb/March 07 to get applications or info for starting Summer 2007. The main schools I have heard people getting into is like George Washington, Drexel, University of Vermont, Chicago Med, ect...

hello there, i noticed that you said that if i were to go to st chris and attempt to transfer that mos tliely, no one would be interested in interviewing me. why do you think so? i know i may sound a bit naive, but is it because these days it's becoming a lot more difficult for students who begin at overseas medical schools and wish to transfer into US schools? or just because of the drama that st chris has been going through. would you say i go there and get good grades and transfer out or i just forget about the school in totality. i would appreciate your thoughts or any thoughts and opinions on this. i want to makke sur i better my chances of trying to do it right. thanks a bunch!

azskeptic
06-30-2006, 11:55 AM
hello there, i noticed that you said that if i were to go to st chris and attempt to transfer that mos tliely, no one would be interested in interviewing me. why do you think so? i know i may sound a bit naive, but is it because these days it's becoming a lot more difficult for students who begin at overseas medical schools and wish to transfer into US schools? or just because of the drama that st chris has been going through. would you say i go there and get good grades and transfer out or i just forget about the school in totality. i would appreciate your thoughts or any thoughts and opinions on this. i want to makke sur i better my chances of trying to do it right. thanks a bunch! Students have told me that they found a problem as other schools realized that SC lacked recognition and is squatting in the UK.

tanisha
07-01-2006, 08:44 AM
Students have told me that they found a problem as other schools realized that SC lacked recognition and is squatting in the UK.

were they at least still able to transfer to other med school even if it wasn't based in US. and if they did so , did they have to begin all over again. I have read some posts about some transferring and continuing and some transferring only to begin again from scratch.

azskeptic
07-01-2006, 09:06 AM
were they at least still able to transfer to other med school even if it wasn't based in US. and if they did so , did they have to begin all over again. I have read some posts about some transferring and continuing and some transferring only to begin again from scratch. I'm told they are beginning over since they can't get their transcripts.

futuremd1978
07-04-2006, 05:52 PM
were they at least still able to transfer to other med school even if it wasn't based in US. and if they did so , did they have to begin all over again. I have read some posts about some transferring and continuing and some transferring only to begin again from scratch.

Knowing what I know about St. Chris now and when I was there, I would not even take a chance. If you can get in, try at Ross or St Georges, they are more reputable and wont collapse on you as well as you wont have issues with licensure. If you go to St. Chris and transfer to a US or Carribbean school you will STILL have issues with licensure.

tanisha
07-04-2006, 06:35 PM
Knowing what I know about St. Chris now and when I was there, I would not even take a chance. If you can get in, try at Ross or St Georges, they are more reputable and wont collapse on you as well as you wont have issues with licensure. If you go to St. Chris and transfer to a US or Carribbean school you will STILL have issues with licensure.

you really just got me thinking now by shedding light to which i knew nothing about. i thought that if you transfer from another medical sschool to a US school you will not trouble come licensure after you have a MD degree from that particular school where you finished. it doesn't say on the degree where you started and finished. it only states the final end and that is at graduation time where they confer the degrees with the school on it. so how is it that if in the event someone went to st chris and let say was successful on transferring onto st george's or ross or US med school and finished and graduated from there, why should it matter come licensure if their degree states the school and name od the graduate who finished there. please shed some light on this and i am not trying to be smart aleck, i honestly didn't know this if it is indeed the case. thanks.

AUCMD2006
07-04-2006, 10:53 PM
you really just got me thinking now by shedding light to which i knew nothing about. i thought that if you transfer from another medical sschool to a US school you will not trouble come licensure after you have a MD degree from that particular school where you finished. it doesn't say on the degree where you started and finished. it only states the final end and that is at graduation time where they confer the degrees with the school on it. so how is it that if in the event someone went to st chris and let say was successful on transferring onto st george's or ross or US med school and finished and graduated from there, why should it matter come licensure if their degree states the school and name od the graduate who finished there. please shed some light on this and i am not trying to be smart aleck, i honestly didn't know this if it is indeed the case. thanks.

because on the licensure form it asks to list med schools attended and some request transcripts to verify requirements for rotations are met. i.e. california wants L6 forms, pensylvania checks lenght of time in each rotation, FL requests transcripts all the way to undergrad and so on.

so its not as easy as just presenting a degree from a school, they check back. i'm sure you could get away with not listing the schools you went to since some states probably don't check but if their rules ever change in the 50 years you will practice or you try to get a license in another state maybe they will.....

tanisha
07-05-2006, 07:34 PM
search VMD there are 7 US schools that take tarsnfers. teh one he is taling about is eastern ohio med school. someone that transfered put together a comprehensive list. i know auc transfers to marshall, university of texas, university of miami to start out wiith but he is right it is a pain you need good scores, they rape you in charges, and a lot of paperwork

hi, are you sure 100% about transfers to University of Texas and Univeristy of Miami, because when I last checked these websites of recent they do not accept transfers from those who attended foreign medical school. I know there are a quite a few numbers of schools that do, but these 2 scools in particular do not. just thought I'd let you know. take care.

AUCMD2006
07-05-2006, 08:29 PM
university of miami changed policies twice and look through the AUC posts the student who transfered to UT still posts occasionally.. and he went staright into 3rd year...

tanisha
07-06-2006, 12:45 AM
university of miami changed policies twice and look through the AUC posts the student who transfered to UT still posts occasionally.. and he went staright into 3rd year...

when did they Univers. of Miami change their policies. the last i checked this school on accepting transsfers was oct 2004 it stated they do accept transfers but no from those who did part of the med school education outside of US territories. if this has changed that you aware of please post me the link, as this was one of the schools that I was interested in but after hearing and talking to an admissions officer to confirm the info on the website, i kept going to check out other schools that do.

AUCMD2006
07-06-2006, 03:30 PM
a person in my hospital back in 97 was a img that tarnsfered to UM around that time, then when i called in 2000 they stopped, then checked the website in 2001 and they accepted so i was hoping to transfer.

then when i passed step 1 in 2004 they said they didn't take them again. i shouldn;t have listed UM in that senetnce it did make it sound like they take transfers now

spite1981
07-08-2006, 09:49 PM
Like many of you here, i am having serious problems obtaining my transcripts.....All efforts to contact any of the St Chris has proven futile. All that means is that theres no evidence of me haven undertaken 1-4th semester of basic science.....which means if care isnt taken, i might be made to retake those semesters all over again....Most of us have received an email from the past PD teacher (Dr Chopra)....She spoke to some people of high authority and she has been advised to contact the attorney general through a lawyer and to get a reciever and thats the only way we will be able to get our official transcripts. A receiver goes into these shut buildings...new Jersey or whatever and acquires all our medical records for transcript purposes.....This is thought to cost $20,000 according to the law firm (all fees included).....In my opinion, isnt it better for atleast 200 of us students to join hands together and pay $100 each to get this over and done with....I know it may seem like much but when you think about the benefits then its plain to see it has been worthwhile...
I mean I'd rather pay $100 or so than retake all my classes....paying $8900 each semester amongst other fees such as accomodation, transport,bills, food etc for another 5 semesters....so if anyone of you is interested in doing that.....pls contact me on [email protected] and leave ur email addresses for me so that I can pass them on to Dr Chopra. Pls no long emails or questions that I cant or wont answer....All I need is an email saying.....pls add me in the transcript retrieval list.....Then I'm sure Dr Chopra would email you guys when she needs to go forward with the plan....collect the money etc.........Pls only email me if ur serious about this....I dont have time to answer questions from people who arent even in med school yet or what not....I am tryna sit my boards this october so I need to be signed off by my new school asap....without my transcripts they wont do that as they have no evidence I've completed basic science......so pls contact me only if ur interested as this is a serious matter....Pls,I dont have time for thread wars so dont even bother with any half penny thoughts....I'm not tryna get rich here...I just wanna be able to get my transcripts and lay this st chris saga to rest once and for all.

Best Regards,
Ugo

Mr.Doc
07-08-2006, 09:59 PM
Tis the time for unity! Good luck to the ones that are serious. Yall should really work together and get this done. I've had some trouble like this before, but it's possible, it takes time ofcourse, but the mother of all to get this done is unity!!

Nebakanezer
07-08-2006, 10:14 PM
You are wasting your time. Any and all records have already been ordered by a judge in NJ to be turned over to SCIMD and are expected to be turned over next week. You are welcome to proceed, but you will have to get in line behind the class action that is already in progress.

Milrinone
07-09-2006, 07:02 AM
That $100 plan sounds great! But I heard that basics records arent in question in court, only the clinicals done through NJ office.
Be cautious and dont give money before really knowing if it is going to work. Good luck!

empathy
07-13-2006, 09:51 AM
Great Britain ceased accepting its degrees, March, 2006. No Senegalese school issuing degrees under this name exists as of March, 2006. Price, Waterhouse has taken over the entity's records (UK/Senegal) and students who want to get information must contact PWC. The phone number is +44-771113725. Portion of Luton (UK) operation became a branch campus of Medical University of the Americas, Belize, March 28, 2006. See Medical University of the Americas.

tanisha
07-13-2006, 03:20 PM
Great Britain ceased accepting its degrees, March, 2006. No Senegalese school issuing degrees under this name exists as of March, 2006. Price, Waterhouse has taken over the entity's records (UK/Senegal) and students who want to get information must contact PWC. The phone number is +44-771113725. Portion of Luton (UK) operation became a branch campus of Medical University of the Americas, Belize, March 28, 2006. See Medical University of the Americas.

this information you cited seems to be incorrect. this is what should have or would have taken place if the merger with medical university of the americas belize campus, however, it fell through and the merger was dead, flat-lined. Now, St. Chris does exist, however, as posted before somehwere on here, it is left to the GMC in the UK to decide whether it is the "2005" version or the "2000" version, which supposedly is the claim to where the school first began.

empathy
07-13-2006, 03:34 PM
This is what the authorities in England are reporting to the US. Call Oregon and they'll give you all the contact info needed to get intouch with UK authorities who will give you the facts.

Office of Degree Authorization
1500 Valley River Drive
Suite 100
Eugene, OR 97401
(541) 687-7452
www.osac.state.or.us/oda (http://www.osac.state.or.us/oda)

this information you cited seems to be incorrect. this is what should have or would have taken place if the merger with medical university of the americas belize campus, however, it fell through and the merger was dead, flat-lined. Now, St. Chris does exist, however, as posted before somehwere on here, it is left to the GMC in the UK to decide whether it is the "2005" version or the "2000" version, which supposedly is the claim to where the school first began.

tanisha
07-13-2006, 04:33 PM
This is what the authorities in England are reporting to the US. Call Oregon and they'll give you all the contact info needed to get intouch with UK authorities who will give you the facts.

Office of Degree Authorization
1500 Valley River Drive
Suite 100
Eugene, OR 97401
(541) 687-7452
www.osac.state.or.us/oda (http://www.osac.state.or.us/oda)

I will call and check this out definitely. but if i may ask, where did you get this information from. in the meantime check out the past posts on here and on the mua-belize forum to get what happend with the st chris-mua-belize merger and why the whole thing fell through. As stated before i know this info is definitely not current, but like you said; to go and check out the Oregon authorities so that I can Uk info to check how legitimate this inormation is. anyways..take care

diogenes
07-13-2006, 04:46 PM
I will call and check this out definitely. but if i may ask, where did you get this information from. in the meantime check out the past posts on here and on the mua-belize forum to get what happend with the st chris-mua-belize merger and why the whole thing fell through. As stated before i know this info is definitely not current, but like you said; to go and check out the Oregon authorities so that I can Uk info to check how legitimate this inormation is. anyways..take care
You can find the information which empathy quoted at http://www.osac.state.or.us/oda/unaccredited.html. When they say 'no Senegalese school issuing degrees under this name exists as of March 2006' they are referring to the old St. Chris pure and simple. The new entity is St. Christopher Iba Mar Diop; it does exist and with a seemingly well-documented Senegalese link.

tanisha
07-13-2006, 05:03 PM
You can find the information which empathy quoted at http://www.osac.state.or.us/oda/unaccredited.html. When they say 'no Senegalese school issuing degrees under this name exists as of March 2006' they are referring to the old St. Chris pure and simple. The new entity is St. Christopher Iba Mar Diop; it does exist and with a seemingly well-documented Senegalese link.

so is is now safe to apply and attend this school or is still shaky and risky to attend? and does anyone think that it will ever get GMC approval back, afterall it did lose ECGMG certification only to regain that back as well.

diogenes
07-13-2006, 05:13 PM
so is is now safe to apply and attend this school or is still shaky and risky to attend? and does anyone think that it will ever get GMC approval back, afterall it did lose ECGMG certification only to regain that back as well.
Maybe some of the current students have a different view, but I think the majority of people who have followed this sorry story would laugh at the idea that it's now safe to attend. Students are cautioned regularly about the risks of attending new unproven schools let alone one with such a dubious pedigree. At the very least you should wait until it can demonstrate licensability in a good number of states. Even then I'd wait awhile to make sure it doesn't implode again.

Milrinone
07-18-2006, 09:00 AM
for what I heard they "the school" are trying very hard to keep it alive!
I wish them good luck!

Noodle_09
07-24-2006, 12:14 PM
Hi!

Has anyone heard anything about transcripts? I haven't contacted SCIMD since I am sure I will get the same crap I have been getting few months ago. So please let me know what is going on with the transcripts. Thanks!!!!

Noodle

MEDSCHVIEWER
07-27-2006, 06:56 AM
Call them at their new office in New York. If you need your transcripts to transfer, now is a good time!

empathy
07-27-2006, 08:30 AM
The school isn't chartered in the US. The most you guys should have in New York is an admissions office. Shouldn't students call the main office at the main campus in Senegal? Hopefully, this is not another case of a group of Americans running an offshore med school in England by USING a poor 3rd world country for a charter.

Call them at their new office in New York. If you need your transcripts to transfer, now is a good time!

vishcious
07-27-2006, 12:43 PM
Twice in one day man, you've made a fool out of yourself. Find out where Saba which is pretty well respected has offices as well as AUA, SGU, Ross...and also students can call Senegal if they want info as well, NY serves as a more affordable way to keep in contact with the school details, and its the same information Senegal knows. I'm a former student who has ACTUALLY contacted these people. Meanwhile you probably just check ValueMD everyday, rant about what you think is right or wrong but dont actually talk to the primary sources. Maybe you should look into a new hobby or something, find a girlfriend...or boyfriend, which ever u prefer. Once again I'm not lobbying for the school but fools like you are bloody stupid.

The school isn't chartered in the US. The most you guys should have in New York is an admissions office. Shouldn't students call the main office at the main campus in Senegal? Hopefully, this is not another case of a group of Americans running an offshore med school in England by USING a poor 3rd world country for a charter.

empathy
07-29-2006, 11:56 AM
Charter Information - the school is being run within the country of charter NOT from the US or a branch campus in England:

http://www.saba.edu/home_charter.php

Credentials:

http://www.saba.edu/home_faculty.php

Contact Info - yes, they give a state side address and phone number for their LLC BUT you are also given the phone number where you can reach them inside their country of charter.

http://www.saba.edu/other_contact.php

Also, they list the names of their alumni and tell you where they are working.

http://www.saba.edu/residency.php

Clinical info:

http://www.saba.edu/clinical.php

You actually believe it is cheaper to run a med school in Senegal from New York?

Moderator please close my account. Empathy Out! Good luck to everyone!!!

blythplace
07-29-2006, 01:41 PM
Moderator please close my account.

There IS a god.

vishcious
07-29-2006, 10:34 PM
Charter Information - the school is being run within the country of charter NOT from the US or a branch campus in England:

http://www.saba.edu/home_charter.php

Credentials:

http://www.saba.edu/home_faculty.php

Contact Info - yes, they give a state side address and phone number for their LLC BUT you are also given the phone number where you can reach them inside their country of charter.

http://www.saba.edu/other_contact.php

Also, they list the names of their alumni and tell you where they are working.

http://www.saba.edu/residency.php

Clinical info:

http://www.saba.edu/clinical.php

You actually believe it is cheaper to run a med school in Senegal from New York?

Moderator please close my account. Empathy Out! Good luck to everyone!!!

Empathy Out? Who are you really, Ryan Seacrest. And the question wasn't about where the school was being run it was about having an office in United States to contact. Go back to reading what was posted before you get ur panties twisted, and when did I say "it was cheaper to run a med school in Senegal from New York"? How about this, you make a phone call to Senegal for 10 minutes asking anything u want, and also make a call to New York for 10 minutes....as a student or *********, whichever you are, possibly both even...when your phone bill comes, see what is more expensive then give us a full report, not a 10 second job done off the internet.

STUDYHARD
07-31-2006, 04:56 PM
I am just wondering what did you guys do without any transcripts from this/these schools? Did you all start all over or what. I know that aside from getting into another med school you need those for ECFMG so i am wondering what you all did or are doing to get them. What happened to that lawyer that was working for free to help with this mess? Hope this does not bring up any issues, i thought this could help some friends of mine who are also having issues with their school not providing transcripts.

TAFKA
07-31-2006, 09:58 PM
i completed my last rotation in may and then started residency in july in one of the five most competitive fields of postgraduate training (derm, ophtho, ortho, rads, rad onc)... the notion that we don't have our transcripts is a valuemd myth...

AUCMD2006
08-01-2006, 07:43 AM
i completed my last rotation in may and then started residency in july in one of the five most competitive fields of postgraduate training (derm, ophtho, ortho, rads, rad onc)... the notion that we don't have our transcripts is a valuemd myth...

grads seem to have no problem getting them. the people that are attempting to transfer seem to be the ones having a hard time. congrats on the residency...

Milrinone
08-01-2006, 03:58 PM

Congratulations!!! I am glad to hear that!!!
That is so true, graduates don't have problems with transcripts. But it is also true that transfers are having lots of problems. I hope everything goes back to normal...

tanisha
08-01-2006, 05:51 PM
Congratulations!!! I am glad to hear that!!!
That is so true, graduates don't have problems with transcripts. But it is also true that transfers are having lots of problems. I hope everything goes back to normal...

Don't count on it.

blythplace
08-02-2006, 08:53 AM
Don't count on it.

says the girl that doesn't understand "non refundable"

Noodle_09
09-10-2006, 10:21 PM
WOW, I haven't replied to a post in this forum for a while. :)

I didn't know this school will haunt me forever. :)

So anywho, has anyone called the NY office for transcripts? I did a week ago and the receptionist told me to contact the Senegal office. What really bugs me is the fact that no one replies back to emails when that was the only means of communicating with them.

If anyone can tell me another way of getting my transcripts from St Chris please let me know. :) Also, if anyone else was told the same as I was let me know. Thanks!!!

orangecrush
09-11-2006, 06:56 PM
I called last Friday and got the same message. To send an email to Senegal to request my transcript and to also email F S. I transferred to another school six months ago and they still don't have all my records. I am trying to match this year, and I have a feeling this transcript problem is not going away.

empathy
09-12-2006, 09:05 AM
Did you guys try to call PWC?

Price, Waterhouse has taken over the entity's records (UK/Senegal) and students who want to get information must contact PWC. The phone number is +44-771113725.

Noodle_09
09-12-2006, 10:39 PM
Hey, thanks for the information! Really appreciate it!

So is Price, Waterhouse going to give me my records or are they going to tell me how I can get them? Have you contacted them regarding records or do you know someone who did? I just want to ask. I will contact them and try to get some answers. Again thanks!

Milrinone
09-13-2006, 08:06 AM
Instead of fooling around call the Senegal office.
I know the call cost $$, but is the only way of knowing if they are able to send it or not. About the PWC, I have my hunch that many people have $personal$ interest further than helping students.

empathy
09-13-2006, 11:36 AM
I just got that info off the attorney general's office of Oregon's site. I'm not sure why the records were turned over to PWC. I know the admin are liquidating the old St. Chris -- maybe it's part of the process??? I don't know anything about corp. law. Perhaps, the owner thought of the students before he left town and set this up for them...seems a little out of character though. Or maybe there really is a legal battle over the ownership of the school and the judge ruled that the records be turned over to a third party??? Whatever the case, PWC should have some info for you guys. If you call please report back and let folks know what you find out. It might help others who are struggling.

Hey, thanks for the information! Really appreciate it!

So is Price, Waterhouse going to give me my records or are they going to tell me how I can get them? Have you contacted them regarding records or do you know someone who did? I just want to ask. I will contact them and try to get some answers. Again thanks!

azskeptic
09-13-2006, 03:40 PM
I just got that info off the attorney general's office of Oregon's site. I'm not sure why the records were turned over to PWC. I know the admin are liquidating the old St. Chris -- maybe it's part of the process??? I don't know anything about corp. law. Perhaps, the owner thought of the students before he left town and set this up for them...seems a little out of character though. Or maybe there really is a legal battle over the ownership of the school and the judge ruled that the records be turned over to a third party??? Whatever the case, PWC should have some info for you guys. If you call please report back and let folks know what you find out. It might help others who are struggling. Several people CLAIM to have the records and ownership of them. What is real? Only legal documents I have seen seem to reflect Price Waterhouse as doing the liquidation. I have to be honest I am concerned for some of the students who have tried and tried to get results from Senegal and no results. The cheerleaders on this list are either lying or misinformed.

intesvensk
09-13-2006, 04:05 PM
Did you guys try to call PWC?

Price, Waterhouse has taken over the entity's records (UK/Senegal) and students who want to get information must contact PWC. The phone number is +44-771113725.

I'm not saying that you are lying here Empathy, but I don't think that the number you write is a viable UK phone number.

UK numbers have 11 digits: 5 for a dialling code (excluding London, which has 4 and a few other places) and then 6 for the rest of the number.

It's quite possible that there are exceptions to this but I just thought I'd post in case anyone was having problems.

Also, all dialing codes in the UK that start with 07 (which is what the number would be if one dialled from within the UK without the international dialling code +44) are mobile numbers.

Maybe it was just a typing error or something. I promise I'm not "flaming" here or anything. I have no vested interest in this debate. :)

TAFKA
09-13-2006, 06:16 PM
I'm not saying that you are lying here Empathy, but I don't think that the number you write is a viable UK phone number.

UK numbers have 11 digits: 5 for a dialling code (excluding London, which has 4 and a few other places) and then 6 for the rest of the number.

It's quite possible that there are exceptions to this but I just thought I'd post in case anyone was having problems.

Also, all dialing codes in the UK that start with 07 (which is what the number would be if one dialled from within the UK without the international dialling code +44) are mobile numbers.

Maybe it was just a typing error or something. I promise I'm not "flaming" here or anything. I have no vested interest in this debate. :)no way... this information came directly from the great state of oregon... if you have a problem with it you can call their consultant, azskeptic, at 1-800Q-3J68-395&78-P21

Noodle_09
09-14-2006, 01:18 AM

Maybe it was just a typing error or something. I promise I'm not "flaming" here or anything. I have no vested interest in this debate. :)

I too noticed the number. It doesn't seem right. If you can maybe see if you got the right number I would appreciate it. I too will try to see if I can get the number from someone. :) Thanks again for the info! I am a hopeful sucker so I am willing to try anything. :) Ha!

empathy
09-14-2006, 08:34 AM
Rein it in boys...here's my source:

Office of Degree Authorization - Official State of Oregon Website (http://www.osac.state.or.us/oda/unaccredited.html)

St. Christopher's College of MedicineSenegal, UK, BelizeGreat Britain ceased accepting its degrees, March, 2006. No Senegalese school issuing degrees under this name exists as of March, 2006. Price, Waterhouse has taken over the entity's records (UK/Senegal) and students who want to get information must contact PWC. The phone number is +44-771113725. It was announced that a portion of Luton (UK) operation became a branch campus of Medical University of the Americas, Belize, March 28, 2006. See Medical University of the Americas. However, the school ownership is apparently in dispute at this time.

azskeptic
09-16-2006, 07:04 AM
Saw this ad in an Indian newspaper....note the telephone number (New York telephone number) is one that isn't on their website,etc. I'd like to hear how SC students on getting their transcripts from SCIMD who some claim here have the SC transcript power

STUDY MEDICINE IN ENGLAND

Ad ID:6178180 Location: Mumbai
Date Listed: 01-Sep-2006

STUDY MEDICINE IN ENGLAND

NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS

FOR SEPTEMBER 2006

ST. CHRISTOPHER IBA MAR DIOP

COLLEGE OF MEDICINE

4-YEAR MD PROGRAM

v Courses designed to acquire Residency and Licensure in USA & Abroad
v Consists of 5 SEMESTER Basic Science Program in England
v 72 Week Clinical Study program in the USA
v W.H.O. listed & E.C.F.M.G. approved
v Financial aid available, if qualified
v Experienced instructors with MDs and PhDs
v Comprehensive 6 year MD programme for 10+2 students

For an application call: 001 (516) 495-4084

www.stchrisimd.com (http://www.stchrisimd.com/)

Harvard
10-16-2006, 04:32 PM
My transcript arrived at ERAS/ECFMG a couple of weeks ago.

A group of us banded together and emailed senegal, as a group, requesting transcripts and dean's letters.

Call senegal and ask for Tony Gorton. He helped a bunch of us get our transcripts; he got ms. camara moving.

She is the person who is in charge of getting them out:
mrs camara
[email protected]
011-221-864-2700
cc:
[email protected]
Firoz Shaikh

Not all in our little group got transcripts - my friend was on the list and she is still waiting. The difference between us: I graduated and she transferred to another school.

My advice: form a group, elect a spokesperson who will call and email and be an advocate for the group. You'll need someone who keeps bugging them and reminding them the group is waiting for their transcripts.

Noodle_09
10-17-2006, 12:20 AM
hey thanks for sharing! I think they gave it to you faster since you are a graduate.

Ms Camara has moved to the NY office. I called today but was told to call two days later since it was her first day. :) Lets see what happens. If not through this way I will have to take legal actions I guess. :)

dr trouble
11-25-2006, 04:32 PM
good advice.... im sure all those poor collegues of ours will appreciate it.
God bless u.:)

A group of us banded together and emailed senegal, as a group, requesting transcripts and dean's letters.

Call senegal and ask for Tony Gorton. He helped a bunch of us get our transcripts; he got ms. camara moving.

mrs camara
[email protected]
011-221-864-2700
cc:
[email protected]
Firoz Shaikh

Not all in our little group got transcripts - my friend was on the list and she is still waiting. The difference between us: I graduated and she transferred to another school.

My advice: form a group, elect a spokesperson who will call and email and be an advocate for the group. You'll need someone who keeps bugging them and reminding them the group is waiting for their transcripts.

Noodle_09
11-27-2006, 02:39 PM
So why is it now the this school is telling me that they don't have any records all of a sudden? Ha!!! Why are they feeding lies to people?

What is FS getting out of this?

Does PWC have the records or not? Why do they claim that Senegal has them? What the heck is going on?

azskeptic
11-27-2006, 03:44 PM
In the case a school closes down in most countries the transcripts are either sent to a govt agency or a designated private agency that acts on behalf of the govt. Since Senegal is a 3rd world country it may be difficult for this to occur. Why are those who 'attend' or graduate from FS's new school getting the transcripts and the others not? That is the question,eh?

So why is it now the this school is telling me that they don't have any records all of a sudden? Ha!!! Why are they feeding lies to people?

Does PWC have the records or not? Why do they claim that Senegal has them? What the heck is going on?

dr trouble
11-27-2006, 06:26 PM
:shock: good question

In the case a school closes down in most countries the transcripts are either sent to a govt agency or a designated private agency that acts on behalf of the govt. Since Senegal is a 3rd world country it may be difficult for this to occur. Why are those who 'attend' or graduate from FS's new school getting the transcripts and the others not? That is the question,eh?

empathy
11-27-2006, 07:23 PM
a billion miles away from being an expert on this or anything really....but, I think you should have been banned by now. You might have violated their tos.

On a separate note: You said you saw the Senegal charter at the Luton campus around 2000. St. Chris didn't have a Luton campus in 2000.

Good Night!

stevejohnson
11-27-2006, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvard http://www.valuemd.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.valuemd.com/st-christophers-college-medicine/108860-trouble-obtaining-transcripts-13.html#post515230)

mrs camara
[email protected]
011-221-864-2700
cc:
[email protected]
Firoz Shaikh

Noodle_09
11-28-2006, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvard http://www.valuemd.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.valuemd.com/st-christophers-college-medicine/108860-trouble-obtaining-transcripts-13.html#post515230)

mrs camara
[email protected]
011-221-864-2700
cc:
[email protected]
Firoz Shaikh

How come when I tried this they are telling me that they don't have the transcripts now? Huh?

I think FS needs to find new staff at the office! They are not informed and are extremely rude!!! I love how a person is trying to run a business and has hired people that will hang up on people who call them!! Very professional!! I think someone needs to take a Business Ethics/behavior class or two. :)

The whole email thing seems to be a bunch of ** now!! No one is there to help.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.