PDA

View Full Version : Anybody from St. Chris match today?

Speedracer
03-16-2006, 04:00 PM
Just wondering...if anybody from St. Chris matched today...

Or is it still a big SECRET?

drlerner
03-17-2006, 05:55 AM
One of my former classmates did....family practice

Waiting to hear from others.

I am starting my 2nd year in Internal Medicine. I graduated 2005.

TAFKA
03-17-2006, 08:50 AM
edited to remove text

futrphysician
03-17-2006, 08:55 AM
Many did and those who did not scrambled and got gigs.

Does that placate you or are you needing a list with names, SS#'s, hospital contacts so you can personally call to verify, and relatives as well? Just curious....just sayin.....

Speedracer
03-17-2006, 08:59 AM
Yup, I guess I understand your predicament. However, this type of reaction by St. Chris admin and their students, is what SETS THEM APART from the rest of the Valuemd community! Why can you all be HONEST and PROUD of your achievements, instead of trying to HIDE?

I know for a fact, that someone from St. Chris prematched and that's a great achievement! But, if you all don't want to share that info, and want to HIDE, so be it.

By the way, is St. Chris going to clear up the problem with ECFMG before that person's residency starts? If not, that person, and any other St. Chris grads who matched are SCREWED!

TAFKA
03-17-2006, 09:06 AM
edited to remove text

Speedracer
03-17-2006, 10:23 AM
Tafka,

Per your request, I've edited my last posting. I guess I can understand the caution on St. Chris student's part.

Good luck with the residency, for those who've matched, from St. Chris.

TAFKA
03-17-2006, 11:16 AM
edited to remove text

scoobz1981
03-21-2006, 04:40 PM
I really hope that there arent people out there who will bombard programs!!! That is just terrible and program directors hate people like that! I mean, be adults about this, if SC students matched then great... I clicked on this link cause I was genuinly conserned about you guys, and I hope that all of you matched and did well. Congrats to all who did, and I am hoping for all of you that this GMC England thing works out in your favor!!!

And for the rest of you people out there, this could be you, so dont look down on these people, and try to be more supportive!!! We are all trying to achieve the same goal so SHOW SOME SUPPORT!!!

Good Luck,
Val

PathOne
03-21-2006, 04:51 PM
I'm sure that program directors chose their residents carefully, and picked St. Chris students because they were a good fit for the individual program.

If anybody would want to contact programs with "news" of what's currently going on with St. Chris it would hopefully be considered both immature and immaterial. If the current ECFMG investigation would have effect in relation to those who have matched, I'm certain that both the programs and the individuals will be informed about it through proper channels. If not, it is completely immaterial (at least for current and past grads in this match).

The only concern would be what effect an adverse ECFMG decision, such as the removal of the UK St. Chris campus from IMED, will have on residents when they seek licensure. But currently, it is entirely too early to speculate on that.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.