PDA

View Full Version : Match 2006

Scott1981
03-16-2006, 02:46 PM
st chris grads, post your residencies here

drlerner
03-17-2006, 05:59 AM
My fellow classmate got Family Practice...So. Carolina this year.

I am starting 2nd year Internal Medicine. I graduated 2005.

empathy
03-17-2006, 07:23 AM
Are you sure? St. Chris students can't get licensed in SC.

TAFKA
03-17-2006, 08:52 AM
edited to remove text

azskeptic
03-17-2006, 09:09 AM
hahahhahahahah... and should we post contact information for the PDs here or e-mail it directly to AZ and neilc?moot issue. Wait for the ECFMG/GMC/NHS Fraud Control Unit investigation results. All else is just speculation.

jpryor
03-17-2006, 09:17 AM
Wait for the ECFMG/GMC/NHS Fraud Control Unit investigation results. All else is just speculation.

Speculation is what you seem to do best, isn't it? While you like to point out that it's been four months since the GMC initiated its action against St. Christopher's and that there hasn't been any change in the status, you neglect to mention that it's also been four months since the NHS Fraud Unit began its investigation. There hasn't been any declaration of fraud by the NHS and there hasn't been any change in the status of anything, so what does that say about the investigation? Since the GMC has stated that it is waiting for Senegal to provide the specific documents that it has requested, it doesn't look like there was any basis for fraud detected...otherwise, the GMC wouldn't be waiting for anything.

azskeptic
03-17-2006, 09:19 AM
Speculation is what you seem to do best, isn't it? While you like to point out that it's been four months since the GMC initiated its action against St. Christopher's and that there hasn't been any change in the status, you neglect to mention that it's also been four months since the NHS Fraud Unit began its investigation. There hasn't been any declaration of fraud by the NHS and there hasn't been any change in the status of anything, so what does that say about the investigation? Since the GMC has stated that it is waiting for Senegal to provide the specific documents that it has requested, it doesn't look like there was any basis for fraud detected...otherwise, the GMC wouldn't be waiting for anything. Who knows? You are just speculating. We will all wait and see. Could be months,eh? If you have evidence based information perhaps you should share it with your fellow students so they won't be upset. anything less would be cruel on your part.

jpryor
03-17-2006, 09:25 AM
Who knows? You are just speculating. We will all wait and see. Could be months,eh? If you have evidence based information perhaps you should share it with your fellow students so they won't be upset. anything less would be cruel on your part.

You can see for yourself in the e-mail you posted recently. Note the use of past tense verbiage.

Skipper
03-17-2006, 09:25 AM
st chris people still can get residency----i am surpised---

skipper

orangecrush
03-17-2006, 09:38 AM
Did anyone match in New York state? I am still confused if we can actually do residency there. Anyone try and match there or had interviews?

empathy
03-17-2006, 10:25 AM
No one is out to get students here. We need to separate ‘the students’ from ‘the school’. These poor students have been conned. The school admin told fairytales to lure them to the school. It’s not their fault that they are now out trying to get licensed with a degree the BBC claims is ‘worthless’.

jpryor
03-17-2006, 11:20 AM
LOL You're such a ___________ (People are invited to fill in the blank for themselves).

Scott1981
03-17-2006, 12:55 PM
why did this thread turn into this?

i can understand some sc grads not wanting to post any clue about what program they are in. but i dont think it would be a problem to post the specialty you matched in or even the region (ie northeast, midwest, etc)

Tritonesub
03-17-2006, 03:45 PM
We have a place to post this info, for our collegues, family, freinds and alumni. Why the hell would we post it here? What difference does it make to you?

empathy
03-17-2006, 03:56 PM
People matter to me. I don't care about money. I do care about these students. I know how they feel. Hours of my life were wasted sitting listening to stories about events that never really happened.

We have a place to post this info, for our collegues, family, freinds and alumni. Why the hell would we post it here? What difference does it make to you?

marconim
03-17-2006, 04:01 PM
So the vultures can try to derail these good students efforts before the ECFMG get resolved. That is why?

P.S. If any one on this forum is offended then I am talking about you.

marconim
03-17-2006, 04:09 PM
Sorry Tritonesub
I didn't know how to quote you.

teratos
03-17-2006, 04:15 PM
I don't think anyone on the forum has enough clout to cause the problems SC is having. I'm sorry you feel that way. Regardless, congrats on all of your matches. G

azskeptic
03-17-2006, 04:21 PM
I don't think anyone on the forum has enough clout to cause the problems SC is having. I'm sorry you feel that way. Regardless, congrats on all of your matches. G I understand the problems that are happening to SC students right now and respect your problems. I think that the chaos involved is tough enough that you don't need any fights from the outside. Dean

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.