PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Options

orangecrush
03-14-2006, 11:46 AM
Lets get information together for students that are looking to tranfer or not transfer. I have spoken to several schools and have compiled some of their requirements.

Ross-they will accept, but only the basic sciences

St. Matthew-they will accept, but again only basic sciences. They have also stipulated that the accepted basic science credits will only be valid if the ecfmg reinstates St. Chris. Otherwise, you will have to start completely over.

Saba-they told be they will accept transfer students into their clinicals, but you must have passed step 1 over 200. I was also told by another admissions person there, that they have not accepted anyone into clinicals the last two years. Go figure...

St. Eustacia-they will accept all credits even the clinicals if you have passed step one.

I have not called any one else at this time. Please if you have information about other schools, please provide some of it here.

As a side note, does anyone know if ecfmg does not reinstate the school if this will adversely affect licencing, residency or another schools accredition?

drforlife
03-14-2006, 11:57 AM
We have lots of transfers here.. not sure about clinicals transfers.. check with NY office...

milos
03-14-2006, 12:03 PM
Lets get information together for students that are looking to tranfer or not transfer. I have spoken to several schools and have compiled some of their requirements.

Did you ask if Ross accepts basic science credits from a non-WHO/IMED listed school?

St. Matthew-they will accept, but again only basic sciences. They have also stipulated that the accepted basic science credits will only be valid if the ecfmg reinstates St. Chris. Otherwise, you will have to start completely over.

You will likely find that this is the predominant position of any legitimate school.

Saba-they told be they will accept transfer students into their clinicals, but you must have passed step 1 over 200. I was also told by another admissions person there, that they have not accepted anyone into clinicals the last two years. Go figure...

Again, did you ask SABA if they accepted "transfer students into their clinicals" from non-WHO/IMED listed schools?

St. Eustacia-they will accept all credits even the clinicals if you have passed step one.

Did you ask St. E this same question?

I have not called any one else at this time. Please if you have information about other schools, please provide some of it here.

The only schools that might accept non-WHO/IMED credits are probably those that are even shadier than St. Chris. Yes, such schools might be very hard to find. Perhaps the internet-based ones such as IUHS or UHSA might accept your credits. I don't know for sure, just making a suggestion. Check it out, you don't have much to lose at this point.

As a side note, does anyone know if ecfmg does not reinstate the school if this will adversely affect licencing, residency or another schools accredition?

Ah yes, if ECFMG does not reinstate SC, you will not be licensed in any state (unless you are in a residency program already and completed Step 3). You need to be ECFMG-certified for all 3 steps, and to secure a residency spot.

Additionally, many states require that an IMG be a graduate of a WHO/IMED listed school in order to apply for licensure. This more likely affects those currently in residency and (passed Step 3) than those still in school (since you won't even be able to apply for any license without ECFMG certification of your steps).

-----------

drforlife
03-14-2006, 12:15 PM
Not sure now, after the whole IMED list change, etc.. what AUA will decide regarding transfers, again contact the NY office.

I believe St. chris is WHO listed. ANd do have graduates and residents in 28 states according to bts...

ashif_ny
03-14-2006, 12:28 PM
why don't try to apply at xavier or st james ........they will be glad to accept you at any means

orangecrush
03-14-2006, 12:31 PM
I called ECFMG. They told me that if we transfer, the amount of credits does not matter. We only need to go to a school that will provide us the ecfmg status to take the steps and enter residency. Now, it is up to each individual state to determine if they want to grant a license. I have not seen any state yet that has any wording about transferring from a school that lost ecfmg status and then tranferred to a school that does and not getting a license.

It makes sense to call the state that you are interested to get clarification on their policies.

milos
03-14-2006, 12:53 PM
I called ECFMG. They told me that if we transfer, the amount of credits does not matter. We only need to go to a school that will provide us the ecfmg status to take the steps and enter residency. Now, it is up to each individual state to determine if they want to grant a license. I have not seen any state yet that has any wording about transferring from a school that lost ecfmg status and then tranferred to a school that does and not getting a license.

It makes sense to call the state that you are interested to get clarification on their policies.

I agree with this. I meant that you will not get licensed if you continued at SC and the ECFMG did not reverse itself. Also, there is a very high chance that a recent graduate or soon-to-be graduate (like BTS) will not get licensed due to a lack of ECFMG certification for Step 3, and/or a state denying an SC applicant on the grounds that SC is not properly WHO/IMED listed (as determined by the ECFMG).

I see that you did not respond to my questions - as to whether you asked Ross, etc. about receiving credits from a non-WHO/IMED school. I assume you did not fully mention SC's situation when you asked about transferring. Odds are that Ross, Saba, etc. are not currently aware of the St. Chris debacle. If these schools were aware that ECFMG has refused to process applicants from SC and that SC was not properly WHO/IMED listed, I am quite sure they would refuse SC credits. Like SMU, Ross and Saba are too legit to accept credits from a non-WHO/IMED school.

empathy
03-14-2006, 12:57 PM
Whatever you guys decide make sure the next go round...you educate yourself about foreign medical schools. Go to the US Department of Education website for helpful info. Find out who owns the school you are considering, make sure the school has a solid charter and a decent reputation. You wouldn't make a check out to a stranger in your every day life so why do you guys do it when it comes to something as important as your future??? If, a school won't name names or show you documentation you pretty much know they aren't on the up and up.

Scott1981
03-14-2006, 01:00 PM
this list was a good idea. i think students from other schools should inquire to their admissions office about this situation. i think it would be a lot easier and cheaper than a student in the UK doing this.

Borgy
03-14-2006, 01:21 PM
Are you sure about St. Eustacia? being a graduate I can just transfer all my credits if I passed step 1? St. Christophers campus in luton is who listed. IMED and FEMA have us listed. I don't understand GMC argument. ECFMG and GMC seem to be working together to kill the school. If that isn't underhanded...

empathy
03-14-2006, 01:58 PM
The GMC and ECFMG asked St. Chris a simple question - can you prove the affiliations you claim to have...they were unable to do so. What other choice did the GMC and ECFMG have? What would you do if you sat on their boards??? They have a huge responsibility -- they cannot put patients at risk.

Are you sure about St. Eustacia? being a graduate I can just transfer all my credits if I passed step 1? St. Christophers campus in luton is who listed. IMED and FEMA have us listed. I don't understand GMC argument. ECFMG and GMC seem to be working together to kill the school. If that isn't underhanded...

Borgy
03-14-2006, 02:18 PM
They don't care about anything but burocracy. St. Christophers students learn everything a normal medical student would we have hospitals to go to there is a real campus in luton. what do you know about st chris when you sitting behind a computer all day chatting on value md. You have no experience to be saying anything. If senegal gave them the documents they requested then there should be no issue but GMC is still trying to drag it out the the bitter end without any real proof.

orangecrush
03-14-2006, 03:13 PM
Yes, the other schools know about our situation....and I have also told them myself! So don't think they don't know...how would they not in this small community of medical schools. Call them yourself, better yet. Call them before you make a post like the one above milos.... It really makes you look bad.

milos
03-14-2006, 03:25 PM
Yes, the other schools know about our situation....and I have also told them myself! So don't think they don't know...how would they not in this small community of medical schools. Call them yourself, better yet. Call them before you make a post like the one above milos.... It really makes you look bad.

No, actually it makes me look good for speaking the truth.

Do you really think that legit, CA-approved schools like Ross and SABA will accept credits from a non-WHO/IMED listed school?

When you are accepted as a transfer student at Ross, Saba, SGU, AUC or SMU, and you receive full credit for all of your SC courses, please post here and let us all know. I'm sure other SC students will benefit from your experience.

Good luck!:)

opuscule
03-14-2006, 03:54 PM
They don't care about anything but burocracy. St. Christophers students learn everything a normal medical student would we have hospitals to go to there is a real campus in luton. what do you know about st chris when you sitting behind a computer all day chatting on value md. You have no experience to be saying anything. If senegal gave them the documents they requested then there should be no issue but GMC is still trying to drag it out the the bitter end without any real proof.
In my very humble opinion, 'they' (ie. the GMC and the government of the UK, who certainly work together closely) care relatively little about exactly what folks do or do not learn at St. Chris. What they care very much about is the precedent of the establishment and operation of medical schools on their soil over which they have very little control, by virtue of them being chartered in another country. This probably wouldn't even be as big an issue were in not for the fact that this school was, and could continue to, feed both students and graduates into the NHS in detectable numbers. The general public will not accept being cared for by students/graduates who are the product of an educational system that is outside the control of the British government, or any other government who's oversight is motivated by the reality that their school's medical graduates will be caring for the citizens of that country. Because the average Brit has a problem with potentially entrusting their life and health to something they don't agree with, it becomes a political liability for the government and ultimately unacceptable.

In a way, St. Chris brought this upon themselves by being successful in enrolling students and placing students and graduates into British hospitals, thus attracting attention to themselves. Perhaps if every i had been dotted and every t crossed, there would have been nothing for the government to latch on to. But apparently there is, and once that became public knowledge the government had to act on the opening they had for dealing with this problem. If I were in the GMC's position, in the absence of a smoking gun that would provide unequivocal justification for shutting down the St. Chris Corporation, my strategy would be to drag this on long enough for St. Chris to more or less self-destruct through transfers and decreased enrollment. It would be nice to think they wouldn't do that, but I doubt my idea is unique.

The world is driven mainly by human perception and emotion, not the lofty ideals of objective truth. Life is both more beautiful and more painful for this reason, but that's the way it is.

Of course I could be wrong about all of this. That's OK with me.

AUCMD2006
03-14-2006, 05:06 PM
here's newsflash:

the ecfmg and the GMC ARE BUROCRATS! their mandate is to make sure a school has its papetrwork in accordance with the law as written, they have no say in what quality of education you get...do you expect the ecfmg to come down and change professors who aren't teaching the proper material?

'your quality of education' is left up to a school and solely determined by their curricula and whom they chose to hire to teach you. the 'quality of your education' is tested at a rudementary level by licensure exams.

this quality of education was never in question at SC, they always seemed to have competent profs depending on your opinion which is the same at all schools.

if things go wrong for SC then there is no one to blame but the admin. after all you PAY them to make sure all things are being followed. ANY school operating should pass ANY examination by these burocratic paper pushers so why do people automatically assume that poor SC is being targeted by the ecfmg and gmc? if they had all paperwork in the first place, none of this would be happening, i still can't beleive the suport admin gets given the level of utter incompetence they show time and time again....

again this says nothing about SC as a 'school' bc most who attend seem to like the teaching, facilities, etc..just the lack of management in the details...

milos
03-14-2006, 05:08 PM

Hey OC, here's a school that will be happy to take you and your non-WHO/IMED credits:

http://www.valuemd.com/international-american-university-iau/106889-st-christopher-transfers-credits.html

As an added bonus, one of your new faculty members will be the esteemed former Associate Dean of St. Chris. If a man of that stature is at IAU, you can be sure that this school is beyond reproach.

http://iau.edu.lc/faculty.asp

drforlife
03-14-2006, 06:12 PM

FEMA???

Student in the UK.. just get skype and call the schools 800 numbers.. it's freeeeeeeeeeeeee

ol' man
03-14-2006, 06:19 PM
FEMA???

lol. Didn't have the Gulf Coast listed did they?

drforlife
03-14-2006, 06:27 PM
I guess they were busy investigating why st. cris was listed.....

orangecrush
03-15-2006, 10:18 AM
Milos-this is the last time I will actually waste my precious time answering your post.

Ross has already begun tranferring in our students. Call them yourself. I have. One of whom I in doing a rotation with. So yeah....waste of time on your end. That being said there are other schools that are willing to take us as well.

I have called the ECFMG and clarified the policy on transfer students that are coming from a school that has a suspended ecfmg. It does NOT affect residency if one transfers to a school that has ecfmg status. It is up to the new school to decide how many credits to transfer and so on. As long as the student obtains their ecfmg certificate they can enter residency just like anyone else.

Can we keep this post open for those who are interested in getting info about possible options for transfer...thanks everyone!

milos
03-15-2006, 11:31 AM
Milos-this is the last time I will actually waste my precious time answering your post.

Ross has already begun tranferring in our students. Call them yourself. I have. One of whom I in doing a rotation with. So yeah....waste of time on your end. That being said there are other schools that are willing to take us as well.

Thank you for letting us know what Ross is doing, or at least what you think Ross is doing. If I receive confirmation of this, I shall be writing a letter each member of the CA and NY boards to advise them that one of the schools approved by them is permitting transfer students from a non-WHO/IMED listed school and giving them credit for courses taken at their former school. We shall see their response ...

All in good time, my friends, all in good time.

teratos
03-15-2006, 11:40 AM
Thank you for letting us know what Ross is doing, or at least what you think Ross is doing. If I receive confirmation of this, I shall be writing a letter each member of the CA and NY boards to advise them that one of the schools approved by them is permitting transfer students from a non-WHO/IMED listed school and giving them credit for courses taken at their former school. We shall see their response ...

All in good time, my friends, all in good time.

CA will look at all of the schools an applicant for licensure has attended. If one is not approved, that applicant won't be licensed, even if the school of graduation is CA approved. NY only requires the school be approved for more than 12 weeks of rotations. G

milos
03-15-2006, 11:43 AM
CA will look at all of the schools an applicant for licensure has attended. If one is not approved, that applicant won't be licensed, even if the school of graduation is CA approved. NY only requires the school be approved for more than 12 weeks of rotations. G

I'm referring to the CA and NY boards investigating Ross itself for accepting non-WHO/IMED credits from transfer students.

teratos
03-15-2006, 11:52 AM
I'm referring to the CA and NY boards investigating Ross itself for accepting non-WHO/IMED credits from transfer students.

OIC. As of now, SC is still IMED listed, is it not? G

jpryor
03-15-2006, 11:53 AM
Don't annoy people with facts, George.

teratos
03-15-2006, 11:58 AM
Don't annoy people with facts, George.

Oops. My bad. :headchop:

milos
03-15-2006, 12:11 PM
OIC. As of now, SC is still IMED listed, is it not? G

No, it is not -- since the ECFMG has suspended taking applicants from St. Chris (as of 2/10/06) on the basis that there is insufficient evidence of SC-Luton's charter from Senegal. If SC-Luton was properly chartered, ECFMG would have no basis to suspend applicants from SC.

Further, if ECFMG was acting improperly, SC could easily file for an injunction against ECFMG in federal court (and prevail). Until the day ECFMG reverses its decision, St. Chris is not properly WHO/IMED listed. As I'm sure you are aware, getting a charter or showing a charter through (APPARENTLY) fraudulent means does not constitute holding a charter.

jpryor
03-15-2006, 12:19 PM
Milos, want to research the difference between the ECFMG and IMED first?

teratos
03-15-2006, 12:20 PM
http://imed.ecfmg.org/details.asp?country=&school=St%2E+Christopher&currpage=1&cname=&city=&region=&rname=&mcode=820020&psize=25

It is still in the IMED database. ECFMG has no bearing on IMED. None. There is currently an investigation. Until the results of the investigation and final decsions of the GMC and ECFMG are available, you are jumping the gun. I have never been a St. Chris apologist, but I don't want to see people jumping the gun, either. G

milos
03-15-2006, 12:23 PM
Milos, want to research the difference between the ECFMG and IMED first?

http://www.ecfmg.org/2006ib/ibcert.html#img_define

ECFMG and its organizational members define an international medical graduate as a physician who received his/her basic medical degree or qualification from a medical school located outside the United States and Canada* (http://www.ecfmg.org/2006ib/ibcert.html#note). To be eligible for ECFMG Certification, the physician’s medical school and graduation year must be listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED) (http://www.ecfmg.org/olserv.html) of the Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER) (http://www.ecfmg.org/faimer/index.html). To verify that a particular medical school and graduation year are listed, access IMED (http://www.ecfmg.org/olserv.html) on this website.

jpryor
03-15-2006, 12:29 PM
LOL Maybe if you buy a vowel you'll clue in?

milos
03-15-2006, 12:38 PM
http://imed.ecfmg.org/details.asp?country=&school=St%2E+Christopher&currpage=1&cname=&city=&region=&rname=&mcode=820020&psize=25

It is still in the IMED database. ECFMG has no bearing on IMED. None. There is currently an investigation. Until the results of the investigation and final decsions of the GMC and ECFMG are available, you are jumping the gun. I have never been a St. Chris apologist, but I don't want to see people jumping the gun, either. G

No, ECFMG has already adjudged SC to be "guilty". If it was just "investigating" and no conclusion had been reached, why not let SC students sit for their exams until the end of its investigation -- instead of potentially causing irreparable harm by refusing to process their applications? Answer: SC has been found to not have a proper charter.

Like I said before, if the ECFMG was acting imprudently and without just cause, SC could easily find recourse in our court system. But, I see no court filings, do you? Even faced with the loss of its students, it has taken no legal action. What does that tell you?

teratos
03-15-2006, 12:40 PM
ECFMG has said no such thing. They have suspended registration for exams and the NRMP for SC students pending further paperwork. G

orangecrush
03-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Milos-you are way overboard here.

Ross has already contacted NY themselves as well as other schools that have NY approval. I have also contacted them myself. I suggest you call them 1st before posting inflamed remarks here. There is no problem with them as their policy is to have a student graduate from a school that has ECFMG. The CA question has already been known by all students at St. Chris as well as most students and schools in the Caribbean...not an issue there my friend. WE KNOW THAT WE CANNOT PRACTICE IN CA!!!!! THEY KNOW WE CAN'T PRACTICE THERE EITHER!!!! So your time is being wasted again.

We have NOT lost ECFMG. It is suspended. I actually believe that we will get it, but not quickly enough for my timeframe.

We are still listed in the WHO and IMED.

zfia
03-16-2006, 03:06 PM
well, i've been making my own calls to various schools-and so far, it seems that almost everyone is willing to accept st. chris' students with open arms-a little too welcoming-in reference to your question, that is a pending concern and a valid one too-for people that have made the match for this july-wouldn't it be a conflict if let's say ecfmg does not reinstate us? doesn't our school still carry that stigma of having been suspended? and let's say we do get to transfer our credits, basic and clinicals-won't that count as pretty much nothing when we apply for post residency? so don't we always carry st. chris on our permanent record? and won't that further annhilate our careers?

Picard
03-16-2006, 04:36 PM
Zfia,
To answer your question under your assumption of ECGMF not re-instating SC (which will effectively close SC since Americans are the vast majority of SC's "customer base.") -- and again, this is to answer your question based on your above assumption only -- If this is your concern, the best possible route is to start over. The reasons are the following:
1) If you use credits from St. Chris for licensure a few years from now, you will need official transcripts from SC directly. Your new schools transcript listing SC courses accepted for transfer is not enough. If the worse case scenario were to occur and SC were to close, you may have difficulties with obtaining transcripts.
2) With the exception of California (and a few states that follow CA rules) AT THIS TIME ONLY, you are probably OK with licensure if your new school accepts your SC credit, and if you are able to get SC transcripts at the time of licensure. HOWEVER, as we have seen, more and more states are getting more and more picky on USIMG's from offshore schools. More and more states are scrutinizing every little details of offshore USIMG's medical education. Even the established schools like SGU/Ross/AUC are having their graduates hasseled by a growing number of states. If this trend continues, it's not unreasonable to imagine that by the time the current SC transferee's are up for licensure 5 to 8 years from now, growing number of states may not accept courses done at SC regardless of transfer if ECFMG rules against SC. This will not need any significant legislative change. Most states now have languages in their licensing laws that states foreign education should be compatible/equivalent to US education. This gives most states a very wide latitude in how they enforce this. Most states are very lax at this time, but would you bet on this remaining the case in 5 to 8 years given the current climate?

Again, the above scenarios are only meant to answer your question based on your assumptions of ECFMG denial of SC...

P

azskeptic
03-16-2006, 04:39 PM
ECFMG has said no such thing. They have suspended registration for exams and the NRMP for SC students pending further paperwork. G I verified today; no change in this situation

maximillian genossa
03-16-2006, 07:12 PM
..."No, ECFMG has already adjudged SC to be "guilty". If it was just "investigating" and no conclusion had been reached, why not let SC students sit for their exams until the end of its investigation -- instead of potentially causing irreparable harm by refusing to process their applications? Answer: SC has been found to not have a proper charter."

All conclusions of yours, not the ECFMG. Oh, I forgot, you must be a manager at the ECFMG and already made that decision.

Once we see this from the ECFMG, it will be credibility, not from you.

Just business, not personal.

No, ECFMG has already adjudged SC to be "guilty". If it was just "investigating" and no conclusion had been reached, why not let SC students sit for their exams until the end of its investigation -- instead of potentially causing irreparable harm by refusing to process their applications? Answer: SC has been found to not have a proper charter.

Like I said before, if the ECFMG was acting imprudently and without just cause, SC could easily find recourse in our court system. But, I see no court filings, do you? Even faced with the loss of its students, it has taken no legal action. What does that tell you?

azskeptic
03-16-2006, 07:22 PM
..."No, ECFMG has already adjudged SC to be "guilty". If it was just "investigating" and no conclusion had been reached, why not let SC students sit for their exams until the end of its investigation -- instead of potentially causing irreparable harm by refusing to process their applications? Answer: SC has been found to not have a proper charter."

All conclusions of yours, not the ECFMG. Oh, I forgot, you must be a manager at the ECFMG and already made that decision.

Once we see this from the ECFMG, it will be credibility, not from you.

Just business, not personal. I verified today that they haven't received the response through diplomatic channels at ECFMG that was promised 2 weeks ago on this forum. Also verified GMC hasn't received what they were looking for. Supposedly an official from Senegal was to be at Luton today meeting with the students; did he bring a copy of the diplomatic channels mailing receipt? or is just another visiting dignitary. If I was a student at Luton those are the questions I'd be asking instead of building a 'private website' to avoid outsiders asking pesky questions but call me inquisitive. Just professional, not personal issues.

CorporateRaider
03-17-2006, 06:28 AM
(a) An official from Senegal. ----- visiting? Sounds like a good thing.

(b) ECFMG ------suspending. Not really that big of a deal. School is still listed.

(c) GMC ---------- suspended registration. Most students are from the U.S.

jpryor
03-17-2006, 06:51 AM
I verified today that they haven't received the response through diplomatic channels at ECFMG that was promised 2 weeks ago on this forum. Also verified GMC hasn't received what they were looking for. Supposedly an official from Senegal was to be at Luton today meeting with the students; did he bring a copy of the diplomatic channels mailing receipt? or is just another visiting dignitary. If I was a student at Luton those are the questions I'd be asking instead of building a 'private website' to avoid outsiders asking pesky questions but call me inquisitive. Just professional, not personal issues.

If you only knew, Az...if you only knew.

empathy
03-17-2006, 07:27 AM
Your sources have provided you with tons of false info in the past. I'd be very careful putting your future in their hands. They will say anything to keep their ship afloat. If you want facts call the US Dept. of Education who will direct you to Oregon or the GMC. Rumors are just that - they have no value.

jpryor
03-17-2006, 07:54 AM
Empathy,

If there is anybody on this web site who values your opinion, let them come forward and avow it.

futrphysician
03-17-2006, 08:53 AM
Actually ....errr Empathy, JP has far greater knowledge of this and has agreed to remain quiet about it until it is all over.
Again, you haven't a clue as to what is happening, so don't even venture to pretend. It could be great, it could be horrid, but you don't really know. You THINK you know, but you don't.

koffi4love
03-17-2006, 09:40 AM
hellofffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffff

stephew
03-17-2006, 10:24 AM
please see this sticky re: transfer options.
http://www.valuemd.com/st-christophers-college-medicine/107906-trasnfering-issues.html

maximillian genossa
03-17-2006, 10:44 AM
That the students want to voluntarily remain secluded in a dome? Its their money not ours.

What happens the moment ECFMG and GMC receive the response through diplomatic channels? Will this fruitles and speculative debate end?

You are dealing with Africa, furthermore 3rd world countries. I assume they have other things to do besides dedicating all their time and efforts to this matter alone. Things tend to move very slow in some or most of these countries.

For what I have read on all the posts, people assume these governments have nothing better to do or other priorities. Just, "oh, the Americans and British are asking for this paperwork, lets bendover leave all other things incomplete and rush this to them or they will piss on us". That is simply ridiculous.

I verified today that they haven't received the response through diplomatic channels at ECFMG that was promised 2 weeks ago on this forum. Also verified GMC hasn't received what they were looking for. Supposedly an official from Senegal was to be at Luton today meeting with the students; did he bring a copy of the diplomatic channels mailing receipt? or is just another visiting dignitary. If I was a student at Luton those are the questions I'd be asking instead of building a 'private website' to avoid outsiders asking pesky questions but call me inquisitive. Just professional, not personal issues.

azskeptic
03-17-2006, 11:55 AM
It appears larger than this. But we are speculating; lets see how the GMC/ECFMG rules and what state boards do in response to it. I've written elsewhere if the delegation from Senegal can't fix it the most humane thing that can be done is to help the students transition to other schools with their transcripts quickly and freely supplied. All else would be cruel.

That the students want to voluntarily remain secluded in a dome? Its their money not ours.

What happens the moment ECFMG and GMC receive the response through diplomatic channels? Will this fruitles and speculative debate end?

You are dealing with Africa, furthermore 3rd world countries. I assume they have other things to do besides dedicating all their time and efforts to this matter alone. Things tend to move very slow in some or most of these countries.

For what I have read on all the posts, people assume these governments have nothing better to do or other priorities. Just, "oh, the Americans and British are asking for this paperwork, lets bendover leave all other things incomplete and rush this to them or they will piss on us". That is simply ridiculous.

maximillian genossa
03-17-2006, 12:00 PM
Ha! that was a good joke. I would not expect anything free from St. Chris. These people don't believe in giveaways.

It appears larger than this. But we are speculating; lets see how the GMC/ECFMG rules and what state boards do in response to it. I've written elsewhere if the delegation from Senegal can't fix it the most humane thing that can be done is to help the students transition to other schools with their transcripts quickly and freely supplied. All else would be cruel.

Andes
04-21-2006, 11:23 AM
when u apply for licensure the federal state medical boards (fsmb) go back to ur old school and try to get ur transcripts. If ur school doesn't exist at that time u might run into problems.

Andes
04-21-2006, 11:26 AM
Also, the reason the other schools except the big four are accepting transfer credits from st. chris students is MONEY!!!!!!!
Don't make the same mistake twice.

IndianSClink
04-21-2006, 05:04 PM
////////////////////////////////

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.