PDA

View Full Version : My Call With Gmc Today- Bad News!!!

doctor1day
03-13-2006, 08:16 AM
Hi everyone,
i have been following this forum for a while now and there are so many mixed messages and conflict of opinions.

anyway i though i must post and share my information because it affects everyone concerned with st chris.

I spoke to the GMC today (13/03/06) and the person said ST CHRISTOPHER'S COLLEGE OF MEDICINE WILL NOT BE RECOGNISED FOR THE PURPOSE OF REGISTRATION AND STUDENTS CAN NOT TAKE THE PLAB EXAM. THEY FAILED TO GIVE A "SATIFACTORY RESPONSE" DURING THE FOUR LONG MONTHS OF THIS INVESTIGATION".

This affects me as a UK student as there's no way im going there now but she also said following the GMC investigation you american equivalant bodies have too suspended this college.

The lady went on to say that all this will be on the GMC website very very soon. so keep an eye out and remember you read it here first!!

Good luck to everyone whatever ypur position.:cry:

drforlife
03-13-2006, 08:21 AM
Can you transfer and then sit for the test, if you do not retake your courses again??? There are tons of students trandfering... I heard.. In my school, st. matthew's, etc.. here is better ;)

maximillian genossa
03-13-2006, 10:03 AM
Can you transfer and then sit for the test, if you do not retake your courses again??? There are tons of students trandfering... I heard.. In my school, st. matthew's, etc.. here is better ;)

In the U.S.A. according to the ECFMG it is up to the school admitting you to accept your credits, ECFMG does not get involved in who accepted what for transfer. What they will look at is if the school granting your degree is in good standing or not with the ECFMG, in other words if they are listed or not though they ask you to list ALL medical schools attended and courses taken, etc. I do have a written email corroborating this.

The credits transferred, which schools you attended (I suppose) will be a different skeleton to address at licensing time.

azskeptic
03-13-2006, 10:08 AM
Hi everyone,
i have been following this forum for a while now and there are so many mixed messages and conflict of opinions.

anyway i though i must post and share my information because it affects everyone concerned with st chris.

I spoke to the GMC today (13/03/06) and the person said ST CHRISTOPHER'S COLLEGE OF MEDICINE WILL NOT BE RECOGNISED FOR THE PURPOSE OF REGISTRATION AND STUDENTS CAN NOT TAKE THE PLAB EXAM. THEY FAILED TO GIVE A "SATIFACTORY RESPONSE" DURING THE FOUR LONG MONTHS OF THIS INVESTIGATION".

This affects me as a UK student as there's no way im going there now but she also said following the GMC investigation you american equivalant bodies have too suspended this college.

The lady went on to say that all this will be on the GMC website very very soon. so keep an eye out and remember you read it here first!!

Good luck to everyone whatever ypur position.:cry: I understand that the students who are attending SC who are UK students must find a solution if this becomes an official ruling. Curious as to what these students will do. Sad state of affairs.

doctor1day
03-13-2006, 10:11 AM
Students who graduate from this school can not practice in the UK and neither the US. if you go abroad and get a medical degree and wish to practice in the UK that is possible by sitting the PLAB TEST for registration.

The GMC Spokesperson also said this is the situation with all the private medical schools that were under investigation in the Uk. I can't believe what a bunch of liers these people are at St christopher's. During my interview i asked Mr B**N about the investigation. He replied by saying its nothing to worry about and was so confident they would be cleared of wrong doing. they are just there to steal our money!!

I am Furious. I've been trying to call St Chris admin in the UK all day today. all you get is a answering machine. looks like they are packing up and trying to run

dorsophilia
03-13-2006, 10:24 AM
Hello,

I can verify the post by doctor1day, i also called them and got the same responce. i am VERY sure the States will also deny students the ECFMG certificate due to the ruling in the UK. I think at this point the admin of st.chris better run as fast at they can, before furious students like me can get a hold of any one of them!!!!!!!!

empathy
03-13-2006, 10:30 AM
I don't think they are packing up and leaving town but if you guys, the students, don't have a good lawyer I'd get one. You may have to fight to get your money back. It does seem that the BBC was correct - a St. Chris degree is worthless.

TAFKA
03-13-2006, 10:48 AM
edited to remove text

azskeptic
03-13-2006, 10:52 AM
i've been in touch with school officials about this and was told that if this decision is correct, it is a consequence of a certain amount of time elapsing without the appropriate documents being received by the appropriate people. however, between the education crisis in senegal at the moment and several miscommunications (or, more accurately, lack of communications), that is not to say that the appropriate documents are not coming. don't get me wrong - as a student this is very unsettling and i wouldn't wish the nausea i felt when i first read it on anyone, but i am somewhat relieved to know that the gmc's change in stance doesn't stem from a new negative finding, but rather the continued absence of a positive one. additionally, i understand that there are 2 independent avenues within the UK governmental hierarchy simultaneously being pursued to rectify this. I believe that the ruling that will probably be posted shortly is more general to offshore schools than to the non-delivery of documents.

maximillian genossa
03-13-2006, 10:58 AM
You seem like a man of faith. But faith can be dangerous, especially if its blind.

I would not bank on staying in that school any longer. The writting on the wall is not good and the obvious school's misleading is undisputed.

By the way, nice use of semantics, I believe you would make a good career as a lawyer. I am not teasing you or being sarcastic.

The evidence seems to be piling up against St. Chris to make a valid and more important, CREDIBLE case. I strongly recommend any student from St. Chris to get out now. It will be too late a few days from now.

i've been in touch with school officials about this and was told that if this decision is correct, it is a consequence of a certain amount of time elapsing without the appropriate documents being received by the appropriate people. however, between the education crisis in senegal at the moment and several miscommunications (or, more accurately, lack of communications), that is not to say that the appropriate documents are not coming. don't get me wrong - as a student this is very unsettling and i wouldn't wish the nausea i felt when i first read it on anyone, but i am somewhat relieved to know that the gmc's change in stance doesn't stem from a new negative finding, but rather the continued absence of a positive one. additionally, i understand that there are 2 independent avenues within the UK governmental hierarchy simultaneously being pursued to rectify this.

medques
03-13-2006, 11:11 AM
i just wanted to say congrats to the St.Chris supporters and especailly the ADMIN, you guys did a very good job messing things up, maybe they should open up a school of bussiness now and teach people the tricks and trades of commiting fraud and making millions off people...they were very successful with that.

On another note, the non-delivery of documents is another
excuse by the admin whats done is done now, it's preety well written in stone. A ST.CHIRS degree isnt worth the paper its written on. For everyone that graduated from St.chris and looks at there wall everyday and admires their degree from here, sorry. But take it down before the wall even starts to feel embarressed and starts to feel degraded.

empathy
03-13-2006, 11:47 AM
If the paperwork really exists don't you think they would have rushed down to the GMC right away and delivered it to keep themselves from being investigated and suspended in the first place? Why hold on to it and make students worry? How many potential students have they already lost over this and how many have transferred. Face facts...the paperwork needed to clear St. Chris does not exist.

i've been in touch with school officials about this and was told that if this decision is correct, it is a consequence of a certain amount of time elapsing without the appropriate documents being received by the appropriate people. however, between the education crisis in senegal at the moment and several miscommunications (or, more accurately, lack of communications), that is not to say that the appropriate documents are not coming. don't get me wrong - as a student this is very unsettling and i wouldn't wish the nausea i felt when i first read it on anyone, but i am somewhat relieved to know that the gmc's change in stance doesn't stem from a new negative finding, but rather the continued absence of a positive one. additionally, i understand that there are 2 independent avenues within the UK governmental hierarchy simultaneously being pursued to rectify this.

azskeptic
03-13-2006, 11:54 AM
If the paperwork really exists don't you think they would have rushed down to the GMC right away and delivered it to keep themselves from being investigated and suspended in the first place? Why hold on to it and make students worry? How many potential students have they already lost over this and how many have transferred. Face facts...the paperwork needed to clear St. Chris does not exist. My theory is that TOO much paperwork exists..conflicting paperwork. But the paperwork must come through diplomatic channels. so it would appear dueling govt offices? who knows.......too late perhaps?

medques
03-13-2006, 11:58 AM
I think your right, too much paper work. false documents ect. ect. Do you think some people.... still think the school is good and will contiune to attend???

empathy
03-13-2006, 12:36 PM
I'm sure the GMC took everything into consideration before rendering their final decision.

My theory is that TOO much paperwork exists..conflicting paperwork. But the paperwork must come through diplomatic channels. so it would appear dueling govt offices? who knows.......too late perhaps?

azskeptic
03-13-2006, 01:07 PM
some students are talking about transferring to SJU Bautista school of Medicine in Puerto Rico. Suggest that students check because apparently this school isn't apparently LCME certified so grads will have problems with licensing. Dean

milos
03-13-2006, 01:29 PM
Nothing like being vindicated. BTS and MTT -- Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. For those who were blind to the signs of plain old fraud, you deserve what you get.

Where do you "transfer" to when you've completed clinicals or just about completed them? Is there any legitimate "school" that will give you "credit" for 4 years of med school and just issue you a diploma? I highly doubt it.

Good luck in your endeavors, boys. I shed no tears for either of you (or for that matter, for those who chose to remain and called me the "loser for transferring out.")

Compared to SC, I feel like I'm at Harvard Med. LOL!

maximillian genossa
03-13-2006, 01:37 PM
some students are talking about transferring to SJU Bautista school of Medicine in Puerto Rico. Suggest that students check because apparently this school isn't apparently LCME certified so grads will have problems with licensing. Dean

Check some postings in the main foreing forums under Caribbean versus Puerto Rico. Thers is a well explained post there. Also PM me, I have an email from the NBME not the ECFMG explaining what to do for USMLE and licensure. Pardon to correct your incorect assumption about grads having problems with licensure, not true, sorry.

bts4202
03-13-2006, 01:44 PM
Interesting, i spoke to the GMC and they denied everything that is bieng said here. They fully admitted that things are taking a long time and that they have not recieved the documents they want, but denied that they have made any final decision regarding st chris. They are still trying to work with the ministry of education in senegal even though there are issue with that part of the govt right now (protests and other such nonsense). Sounds like people are believing more what they want to hear rather than relying on real confirmed info. If the gmc website says they have denied st chris, then I will believe it, until then it is ** gossip.

doctor1day
03-13-2006, 01:46 PM
What amazes me is that the people at this school, sorry to use such language but im furious with whats happened, can come up with some excuse or another everytime a question arises. now people are talking about well they have the documents but they didn't submitt it in time.

Yes the GMC lady told me today this very thing.St Christophers just could not prove their link with Senegal.She said they had a very long time to just show some papers. if the documents were there then it would have been faxed immediately. When i pushed her for her opinion on this school she said she would be suprised if they can come up with the relevant documents. it all centres around their affiliation with senegal. she said she had met the St Christopher's delegation during their investigation and they just couldn't prove they were linked with the senegal campus which is ofcourse the main institution that is world health organisation recognised.
She said it was this and other issues regarding quality assurance questions that the college could not answer "Satisfactorily" that led to the ongoing suspension imposed.
as far as the GMC is concerned this case is closed, The College Failed to answer their concerns (ofcourse it couldn't because its based on lies and fraud) .
I'd just like to say to all those who are not from the UK, make no mistake the GMC is not an easy pushover as St Christopher's thought. They are a proffesional body regulating the medical proffesion here and did a thorough investigation.

milos
03-13-2006, 01:46 PM
Interesting, i spoke to the GMC and they denied everything that is bieng said here. They fully admitted that things are taking a long time and that they have not recieved the documents they want, but denied that they have made any final decision regarding st chris. They are still trying to work with the ministry of education in senegal even though there are issue with that part of the govt right now (protests and other such nonsense). Sounds like people are believing more what they want to hear rather than relying on real confirmed info. If the gmc website says they have denied st chris, then I will believe it, until then it is ** gossip.

so says BTS, as a puddle of liquid quickly accumulates between his feet ....

doctor1day
03-13-2006, 01:54 PM

BTS ,
I've noticed you always seem to be on the defensive regarding this college. I have no doubt there are St Chris reps on this forum who are selling the school under lies. I wonder if you are one of these people. What I've relayed here is absolutley true. if you don't believe me i urge everyone to phone the GMC 2moro. seems as though someone already did and verified my statement to be true.

empathy
03-13-2006, 02:06 PM
I'm sure you will attempt to edit your post once the GMC updates their website. I'm freezing it here so students can go back and reread your words.

bts4202
03-13-2006, 02:09 PM
I'm sure you will attempt to edit your post once the GMC updates their website. I'm freezing it here so students can go back and reread your words.

please do, I said right there in it that if the GMC changes their website and says that they officially deny st chris, then i will believe it. However, that is not what they have told me on the phone contrary to what another person has said.

azskeptic
03-13-2006, 02:14 PM
Check some postings in the main foreing forums under Caribbean versus Puerto Rico. Thers is a well explained post there. Also PM me, I have an email from the NBME not the ECFMG explaining what to do for USMLE and licensure. Pardon to correct your incorect assumption about grads having problems with licensure, not true, sorry. please email it to me or PM it to me. Interesting to know. Thanks

doctor1day
03-13-2006, 02:18 PM
Start blaming the GMC now shall we for giving contradicting information. like I said people can call and find out for themselves.

I only posted here so that people can be aware of the latest situation. if after all this students still attend this college, a college that i was once so excited to go to until 8 hours ago, then feel free.

dont say you were not warned.

bts4202
03-13-2006, 02:41 PM
Start blaming the GMC now shall we for giving contradicting information. like I said people can call and find out for themselves.

I only posted here so that people can be aware of the latest situation. if after all this students still attend this college, a college that i was once so excited to go to until 8 hours ago, then feel free.

dont say you were not warned.

Thank you for your help and warnings

milos
03-13-2006, 03:47 PM
Thank you for your help and warnings

We'll see if BTS will still be making snide and sarcastic comments after the GMC and ECFMG post their rulings against SC.

Good night, and Good Luck.

amyames
03-13-2006, 04:57 PM
What amazes me is that the people at this S**t school, sorry to use such language but im furious with whats happened, can come up with some excuse or another everytime a question arises. now people are talking about well they have the documents but they didn't submitt it in time.

Yes the GMC lady told me today this very thing.St Christophers just could not prove their link with Senegal.She said they had a very long time to just show some papers. if the documents were there then it would have been faxed immediately. When i pushed her for her opinion on this school she said she would be suprised if they can come up with the relevant documents. it all centres around their affiliation with senegal. she said she had met the St Christopher's delegation during their investigation and they just couldn't prove they were linked with the senegal campus which is ofcourse the main institution that is world health organisation recognised.
She said it was this and other issues regarding quality assurance questions that the college could not answer "Satisfactorily" that led to the ongoing suspension imposed.
as far as the GMC is concerned this case is closed, The College Failed to answer their concerns (ofcourse it couldn't because its based on lies and fraud) .
I'd just like to say to all those who are not from the UK, make no mistake the GMC is not an easy pushover as St Christopher's thought. They are a proffesional body regulating the medical proffesion here and did a thorough investigation.

you say when you pushed the lady for answers she gave you her opinion, and that's just it- it's her opinion. I'm not saying that St. Chris doesn't have the documentation, or that it is taking longer than expected for the whatever documents that do exsist to arrive at the proper place....but one lady's opinion on the situation isn't going to set the verdict in stone.

I totally agree with BTS....let's just wait for any changes on the website and not the opinions of whoever is manning the phones at the GMC that day.

I know people want a verdict as soon as possible...but let's just wait and be patient. it will get resolved. unfortunately for current st. chris students and st. chris in general, it's not getting resolved fast enough so current students are stuck and the school in general is loosing lots of revenu from new students staying away.

cat
03-13-2006, 05:01 PM
but how long do you want to wait? I don't know if we are waiting for NOTHING! what a WASTE!!!!!

amyames
03-13-2006, 05:38 PM
but how long do you want to wait? I don't know if we are waiting for NOTHING! what a WASTE!!!!!

as long as it takes for the GMC to make a final decision......they keep coming back and investigating st. chris....so I want this investigation to be final....and then the GMC can have periodic updates to make sure everything is still in place.

really, the GMC has gotta decide what it wants to do with squattter schools like st. chris...USA has said not allowed and UK has gotta decide once and for all what the rules will be.

empathy
03-13-2006, 06:58 PM
as long as you guys are just encouraging each other not to give up as your ship sinks that's fine but please do not use the internet anymore to encourage more innocent victims to climb aboard. BTS you have utilized these student forums to recruit st. chris students for years....you will be held accountable for your actions if not in this life certainly the next....

###
03-13-2006, 07:01 PM

###
03-13-2006, 07:03 PM

Borgy
03-13-2006, 07:16 PM
This Website is the wrong place to come for advice. All they seem to want to do is fight...

maximillian genossa
03-13-2006, 07:21 PM
This Website is the wrong place to come for advice. All they seem to want to do is fight...

....no kidding ! ;)

doctor1day
03-14-2006, 06:02 AM
you say when you pushed the lady for answers she gave you her opinion, and that's just it- it's her opinion. I'm not saying that St. Chris doesn't have the documentation, or that it is taking longer than expected for the whatever documents that do exsist to arrive at the proper place....but one lady's opinion on the situation isn't going to set the verdict in stone.

I totally agree with BTS....let's just wait for any changes on the website and not the opinions of whoever is manning the phones at the GMC that day.

I know people want a verdict as soon as possible...but let's just wait and be patient. it will get resolved. unfortunately for current st. chris students and st. chris in general, it's not getting resolved fast enough so current students are stuck and the school in general is loosing lots of revenu from new students staying away.

You imply this is her opinion and not the GMC. i want to make it clear that after she told me the GMC decision not to recognise the school , i asked her what she thought of the school. by the way she was not just some operartor person but was involved in the investigation herself. it took me five days to get hold of her.

azskeptic
03-14-2006, 06:09 AM
You imply this is her opinion and not the GMC. i want to make it clear that after she told me the GMC decision not to recognise the school , i asked her what she thought of the school. by the way she was not just some operartor person but was involved in the investigation herself. it took me five days to get hold of her. From what I hear from the campus in Luton, anyone who writes here that they are just waiting for a speedy positive resolution is not dealing with reality. Staff and students seem to know what is going on isn't positive and change is coming.

orangecrush
03-14-2006, 11:40 AM
Lets get information together for students that are looking to tranfer or not transfer. I have spoken to several schools and have compiled some of their requirements.

maximillian genossa
03-15-2006, 01:09 PM
That all of you are aware that this investigation and potential banning does not only apply to St. Chris but to ALL SCHOOLS using this business model in the UK.

St. Chris seems to be the most notorious of all.

empathy
03-17-2006, 11:06 AM
I'd be careful with your posts...you might look a little foolish when the GMC updates their site and the BBC report comes out.

maximillian genossa
03-17-2006, 11:26 AM
I'd be careful with your posts...you might look a little foolish when the GMC updates their site and the BBC report comes out.
As I said before I am neutral. Read ALL my postings carefully. ALL of them from the beginning. I am one who has been constantly saying that not until their OFFICIAL aanouncements are made anything else is mere speculation.

Contrary to other people who have gone as far as predicting dates and even verbage.

In the mean time, every opinion counts, not only the ones you like.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.