PDA

View Full Version : Lodz MD 4 year program

GJ
02-20-2006, 02:02 PM
Hello,

Is anybody currently going to the four year medical program in Lodz?? If anybody can tell me something about the medical school it would be greatly appreciated. I have searched everywhere for some information but have found nobody that actually tells me anything about the medical program itself.

In particular I am interested in the quality of education, clinical affiliations, and if anybody has successfully returned to the U.S. to become a doctor there?

Thank you for any reply,
GJ

Chemist_11
02-20-2006, 04:48 PM
hmm, there is another post on lodz currently. PM me and i will put you in touch with a student who transfered OUT of lodz to the carrib. :p

matimd
02-20-2006, 06:30 PM
Hi,

Well, I am currently studying at the University of Warsaw. From what I know is that the LODZ program is fairly new. That there is still a lot of organizational issues. A friend of mine who is a polish medical student in Lodz, told me that the english students do get a lot of preferential treatment at the university. That they get better anatom hours and so forth. Hope this helps a little. I recommend going either to Warsaw or Krakow. Poznan has a long program but I heard that everyone passes there. I talked to some girls from there who just transfered to warsaw. So if you want to buy your dyploma then you can get that in Poznan. If you have any questions about Warsaw let me know.

GJ
02-21-2006, 07:04 PM
Thankyou for the information about Lodz medical matimd and DR_DGB_NYQ. I still wish I can find somebody that actually goes there right now. But I will continue to look.

Thanks

CrankyFranky
02-22-2006, 06:22 PM
Just got accepted to Lodz! Anyone out there with some decent info on the place??? Talked with a guy from there doing his clinicls in the U.K. - said it was one tough school, but the profs really went the extra mile for you - a lot better than Poznan. Didn't have too much good to say about the living conditions. Appreciate if anyone can add to this - like stuff on dorms, cost of living, internet?? Profs give out their lecture notes?? What are the exams like?? Lotsa cadavers?? I'm all hyped up on the deal - but just got too many questons. Can anyone help. Don't want me to get too cranky.

Thanks - the Crankmeister

Chemist_11
02-23-2006, 02:00 AM
The school is hard but good ........... aslong as you do not want to sit the USMLE's.

Chemist_11
02-23-2006, 02:03 AM
like stuff on dorms, cost of living, internet?? Profs give out their lecture notes?? What are the exams like?? Lotsa cadavers??

You have all of these questions to ask, and you have already been accepted onto the course? sounds like somebody hasn't done enough research :rolleyes:.

I, as yet, have to come accross a current student from Lodz on VMD, but have spoken to one, as you can see from my 1st post on this thread.

gvanderv
02-23-2006, 09:15 AM
If you have all these questions. Why didn't you ask them in the interview? Also a couple of you seem a little harsh on Poznan, maybe you should visit before you flame it.

GJ
02-27-2006, 08:42 PM
Can anybody tell me about what kind of clinical affiliations Lodz has to offer? Especially if you can do them in the United States.

Thanks,
GJ

bckwood
02-27-2006, 10:04 PM
I kept asking the people at AMI where their clinical affiliations in the US were, and all I ever got back in reply were hospitals in Penn, NY, and NJ. Nothing more specific. So before you get too hyped do a little more research and I believe you will find that they will promise you US clinicals, but will not deliver. I started another post on this and it may contain some more info. Good Luck!

thetrixster
02-28-2006, 04:03 AM
does anyone know which of the polish unis has been running the 4yr programme the longest?

CrankyFranky
02-28-2006, 07:00 AM
bckwood-

Don't know who you talked with at AIM - but they told me 2 hospitals in CT, then Louisiana, West Virginia, Indiana, Chicago, and one big one in the UK. Got the name of one of the CT hositals - checked it out - it's legit - they got IM & Surg there. Better be careful, bro, no----one, but no----one is allowed to do clinicals in PA. No NY or NY for Lodz either- so they can't have affiliations there. Sure we're talking 'bout the same school? Any other info 'bout Lodz. Sure could use some more- they're on my short list. Just not ready to commit yet. Thanks

The Crankmeister

bckwood
02-28-2006, 02:25 PM
Why did you only get you the name of one school? If they are affiliated with these teaching hospitals then they should have a list provided for you and not just some vague comments about states that they are in. All Im saying is be careful. I've watched alot of posts go through here with people disappointed in U of Lodz. But sounds like your close to making up your mind. Good Luck!

CrankyFranky
02-28-2006, 02:43 PM
Hey Bckwood-

Didn't get the name of one school - got the name of one hospital - & I was sneaky as he_ _ getting it. All I'm saying is I called the Hospital and it's legit. Clinical Coordinator said they're affiliated with Lodz. Not even close to making up my mind - still considering other schools in Poland. Got a long way to go before I put my money down on any school. Could you enlighten me on why you'r so high on Poznan vs. other Polish schools. No U.S. clinicals unless you find some electives on your own, and no one really knows what the pass rate is. This kinda scares me.

The Crankmeister

bckwood
02-28-2006, 02:58 PM
OK, the problem that I have with the U. of Lodz, is that it is a fairly new school. So therefore it cannot publish a USMLE pass rate either. In addition I have spoken with a lady that transfered from the school by email, b/c she wasn't impressed with how they taught there classes, they didn't prepare you for the USMLE. My guess this is because of it being a newer school. Secondly yes they may have a couple of hospitals that are willing to allow a couple of students to do clinical rotations at. But if you read the paperwork that they sent you the fine print will say that it is ultimatly up to the clinical coordinator. Again a couple of people were posting that they got screwed on this deal and had to do their rotations in Poland.
The reason that I am so high on Poznan is that they don't ** you about promised clinicals, they give you the opportunity to set them up yourself. The acceptance standards are a bit higher than that of the U. of Lodz and actually involves an in person interview ( if I remember the U. of Lodz only requires 6 or 8 credit of the core pre-med classes). Also you can email and talk directly with current students on this forum that as a majority are very happy with their choice and they will tell you that it is a good program. As for not posting the USMLE scores, you can find many doctors and residents that have graduated from Poznan by just doing a simple google search.

GJ
02-28-2006, 02:59 PM
Hey
Does anybody know how much AIM charges to place you in US clinicals or is it included with the general school fee? And if what I read on this forum is true Lodz should be rated a lot better since they give you the possibility to do two full years of clinicals in the US, which Poznan and Krakow do not let you do.

GJ

Miklos
02-28-2006, 03:25 PM
Hey
Does anybody know how much AIM charges to place you in US clinicals or is it included with the general school fee? And if what I read on this forum is true Lodz should be rated a lot better since they give you the possibility to do two full years of clinicals in the US, which Poznan and Krakow do not let you do.

GJ
IMO, agency promises are meaningless. I would not recommend this as a way to evaluate a program, especially a new one.

thyme
03-21-2006, 07:16 PM
How is your search for on the medical university english division in Lodz? I'm looking for useful info too.

Quality of program, equipment, dorms, student life.

Time is of the essence.

fuzpot
03-22-2006, 06:46 AM
I also wich to know, what the admissions are like- is it tough to get a place? I really want a 4yr course, as ive got a BSc.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.