Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    jjb1980 is offline Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    234
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Trouble with letters of recommendation

    Advertisements



    Hey,

    I have had trouble with my Letters of Recommendation getting to AUC for some reason. How many do we have to get to them for them to be able to review our applications? I would just have my professors send them again, but it took forever for them to do it last time, so I am wondering how much I actually have to have there for them to be able to review it. I sent my application for May 2006 in late November along with all my stuff for it except the letters of recommendation. One of my Professors sent in his letter of recommendation in December, and two supposedly sent them in in January. One only got sent a while ago because they said they lost the address and didn't get a hold of me right away. The other said she sent it out over a week ago now and I thought it would have been there by now, but my advisor says she hasn't got anything since December for me when it comes to letters of recommendation. I am tempted to go and have my professors send them in again, but the main one I am worried about tends to take about three months to get them off for whatever reason. Anyways, I was just curious about what you guys thought. I really want to go in May since I was originally hoping to go in January, but I didn't have time to get the application ready on time. Anyways, I just wanted your opinions and wanted to know whether or not I should have the letters of recommendation sent again or should I wait for a bit yet. . .

  2. #2
    jjb1980 is offline Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    234
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh yeah, how long do you think it really should take for the letters to get there from North Dakota? I thought it should only take 3 or 4 days, but since they haven't got there in more than a week, I was getting worried (like a week and a half actually).

  3. #3
    ChanceCount's Avatar
    ChanceCount is offline Senior Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    893
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjb1980
    Hey,

    I have had trouble with my Letters of Recommendation getting to AUC for some reason. How many do we have to get to them for them to be able to review our applications? I would just have my professors send them again, but it took forever for them to do it last time, so I am wondering how much I actually have to have there for them to be able to review it. I sent my application for May 2006 in late November along with all my stuff for it except the letters of recommendation. One of my Professors sent in his letter of recommendation in December, and two supposedly sent them in in January. One only got sent a while ago because they said they lost the address and didn't get a hold of me right away. The other said she sent it out over a week ago now and I thought it would have been there by now, but my advisor says she hasn't got anything since December for me when it comes to letters of recommendation. I am tempted to go and have my professors send them in again, but the main one I am worried about tends to take about three months to get them off for whatever reason. Anyways, I was just curious about what you guys thought. I really want to go in May since I was originally hoping to go in January, but I didn't have time to get the application ready on time. Anyways, I just wanted your opinions and wanted to know whether or not I should have the letters of recommendation sent again or should I wait for a bit yet. . .
    It probably wouldn't hurt to have them resent. If at all possible, you should send them through a trackable carrier like FedEx. If they they recieve 2 copies, it won't be a big deal, but if later you find that the originals were lost, then you have a backup plan.

    I don't think time is too pressing yet. I didn't finish my application and wasn't accepted until March of '05 for the May semester.

  4. #4
    okurfan is offline Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    127
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'd recommend talking to your Prof directly during their office hours and explain the situation in a direct, yet respectful way. Tell them that your acceptance essentially depends on whether the letters reach the office, which in a way is true!

    And bring an envelope (free from post office) with the address already on it, along with $15.00 and have the Prof mail it USPS Overnight Express(http://www.usps.com/all/shippingandm...guaranteed.htm).. They may even seal the letter in an envelope with a university seal and have you mail it.. which is allowed.

    Bothering the Prof again is waaaayyy better than having an incomplete file!

    Good luck!

  5. #5
    jjb1980 is offline Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    234
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What I think I am going to do, since it appears that I am still reasonably early is wait for several days to see if anything shows up and then if not, get my professor/professors to resend the LOR's. I guess one more LOR should still be on the way, and maybe the other one that is missing will show up. Anyways, that appears to be the plan for the moment. Thanks for any comments.

  6. #6
    AUCMD2006's Avatar
    AUCMD2006 is offline Ultimate Member 6129 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    6,062
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    prepay a postal office 2 day envelope at the post office, it's $3.85 plus $1.00 for delivery confirmation and give whomever is sending the letters the prepaid envelope that way you can track it.

    i've said it before and i'l say it again, miami mail system sucks, no matter wether it is UPS, or fed ex, if it isn't tracked by you the letters are probably delivered to the wrong adress, unless you wrote the address in cuban...hehe
    AUCMD2006
    Bored Certified

  7. #7
    DrShikima's Avatar
    DrShikima is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,197
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rrod
    prepay a postal office 2 day envelope at the post office, it's $3.85 plus $1.00 for delivery confirmation and give whomever is sending the letters the prepaid envelope that way you can track it.

    i've said it before and i'l say it again, miami mail system sucks, no matter wether it is UPS, or fed ex, if it isn't tracked by you the letters are probably delivered to the wrong adress, unless you wrote the address in cuban...hehe
    Donde es El Pollo Loco?

  8. #8
    AUCMD2006's Avatar
    AUCMD2006 is offline Ultimate Member 6129 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    6,062
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i like pollo tropical better, the yuca fries are awsome
    AUCMD2006
    Bored Certified

  9. #9
    DrShikima's Avatar
    DrShikima is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,197
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rrod
    i like pollo tropical better, the yuca fries are awsome
    I just found a Pollo Loco in the phone book... need to make a phone call and find out where they are!

  10. #10
    Ditch Doctor is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    482
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shikima
    Donde es El Pollo Loco?
    Mmmm.... El Pollo Loco.... mmmmm..... you can find a copycat recipe for their grilled chicken on the web. tastes the same with some tortillas... damn... there ain't no El Pollo anything in Ireland. You can't even find corn tortillas here... Just potatoes and more potatoes....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Letters of Recommendation & Recommendation Form from application...
    By Jonari in forum St. Matthews University School of Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-23-2007, 02:04 AM
  2. Letters of recommendation - help
    By drak in forum Ross University School of Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-11-2005, 10:54 AM
  3. Letters of recommendation
    By bzicherm in forum St. Matthews University School of Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-23-2005, 05:50 PM
  4. Letters of recommendation
    By Sandra in forum St. James Medical School
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-22-2004, 12:36 PM
  5. Letters of Recommendation!!!
    By busupshot83 in forum Main Foreign Medical Schools Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-07-2004, 12:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •