Sponsored Links
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Dec 29th on SXM

  1. #1
    shyilguy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    151
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Dec 29th on SXM

    Advertisements



    Just checking to see if there will be anyone on the island old or new on Dec 29 that would be up to showing me around the island. drinks are on me.
    whats the best company to rent a rental car for for a few days and whats the cheapest hotel i can carsh at for the night.
    does anyone think i would be allowed in the dorms on the 29th i know it is opne on the 30th. anyhow anyhelp on the 29 will be appriciated.

    also rental car whats is a resonable price per day
    and hotel resonable price per night. all i need is a roof really don't care whats in the room.

  2. #2
    swimguy23's Avatar
    swimguy23 is offline Elite Member 516 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,923
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shyilguy
    Just checking to see if there will be anyone on the island old or new on Dec 29 that would be up to showing me around the island. drinks are on me.
    whats the best company to rent a rental car for for a few days and whats the cheapest hotel i can carsh at for the night.
    does anyone think i would be allowed in the dorms on the 29th i know it is opne on the 30th. anyhow anyhelp on the 29 will be appriciated.

    also rental car whats is a resonable price per day
    and hotel resonable price per night. all i need is a roof really don't care whats in the room.
    there are several american rental places on the island but you need to be 26 i think to rent from them......there are some others that are reliable right near the airport.....i want to say safari or something like that i think is decent.....a good hotel for the night i'd say go with Maho. its pretty nice, you get a discount and its only a couple miles from school
    Hospitalist 2011-2012
    Hematology/Oncology 2012-2015

    some swimmer from Ct Hidden Content
    the problem with the gene pool is that there are too many lifeguards.....and we have been offering swimmies

  3. #3
    yichafa's Avatar
    yichafa is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    171
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    where to stay

    I rent cars on the island all the time and I'm not 26, so I don't think that's a problem. There are a lot of places by the airport to rent from. When I first came down here, I stayed at the Summit Resort. It is right by school and was very reasonably priced. If I was going to be here, I would be happy to show you around, however, I will be gone. Have a wonderful vistit

  4. #4
    swimguy23's Avatar
    swimguy23 is offline Elite Member 516 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,923
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yichafa
    I rent cars on the island all the time and I'm not 26, so I don't think that's a problem. There are a lot of places by the airport to rent from. When I first came down here, I stayed at the Summit Resort. It is right by school and was very reasonably priced. If I was going to be here, I would be happy to show you around, however, I will be gone. Have a wonderful vistit
    AVIS and the other american rental companies required you to be 26.....the island rental companies do not.....unless this has changed
    Hospitalist 2011-2012
    Hematology/Oncology 2012-2015

    some swimmer from Ct Hidden Content
    the problem with the gene pool is that there are too many lifeguards.....and we have been offering swimmies

  5. #5
    FOID's Avatar
    FOID is offline Ninja Moderator 9413 points
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Battlestar Galactica
    Posts
    38,215
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i had many wonderful experiences renting from best deals car rental. they have good customer service. i use to rent from them all the time until i purchased a car. what really impressed me was that after i returned my car, i asked them if they can take me back to school. they said no problem and i gave them a nice tip for that. they have a website that you can reserve a car. just search on google. happy hunting.
    Posterior Fornix!

    ValueMD Super Moderator

  6. #6
    docteur is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    10
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i find budget to be pretty cheap
    but you'll probably have to call ahead of time with most car rental places. i pay about 20 dollars a day with them but you have to make sure you tell them you are an auc students and you'll get a discount. that actually works at alot of places, clubs, restraunts ect.

  7. #7
    Sunster99's Avatar
    Sunster99 is offline Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    With the Boondock Saints
    Posts
    325
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by docteur
    i find budget to be pretty cheap
    but you'll probably have to call ahead of time with most car rental places. i pay about 20 dollars a day with them but you have to make sure you tell them you are an auc students and you'll get a discount. that actually works at alot of places, clubs, restraunts ect.
    And where are these places?
    Hidden Content
    SOF2: Double Helix (code name: deadriver) - the challenge awaits you

  8. #8
    blueoval's Avatar
    blueoval is offline Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    140
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shyilguy
    Just checking to see if there will be anyone on the island old or new on Dec 29 that would be up to showing me around the island. drinks are on me.
    whats the best company to rent a rental car for for a few days and whats the cheapest hotel i can carsh at for the night.
    does anyone think i would be allowed in the dorms on the 29th i know it is opne on the 30th. anyhow anyhelp on the 29 will be appriciated.

    also rental car whats is a resonable price per day
    and hotel resonable price per night. all i need is a roof really don't care whats in the room.
    I'll be here the 29th. PM me as the date gets closer. You can try St. Louise car rental they are local, I've used them they had a decent rate. But just look around and see if anything comes up cheaper. Hertz...in the Maho resort is cheap from what I've heard..I think...I've slept since I was told where it was at. I believe.........it was like 100 a week dont blame me if this is poor info, like I said I've slept since I was told this.

Similar Threads

  1. Anybody arriving on 29th Sept?
    By chillout1 in forum Medical University of Lublin
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-16-2009, 06:13 AM
  2. whos flying in on the 29th?
    By cosine in forum American University of Antigua (AUA)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-28-2007, 03:34 PM
  3. Get What You Need til the 29th
    By thetruth1 in forum American University of Antigua (AUA)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-20-2007, 07:33 AM
  4. Visiting SGU on May 29th need advice
    By dejohnson in forum St. Georges University School of Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-05-2006, 10:27 AM
  5. Arriving Dec 29th
    By medstudent16 in forum American University of the Caribbean (AUC)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-18-2005, 08:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •