Sponsored Links
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    yichafa's Avatar
    yichafa is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    171
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    a word about Domie

    Advertisements



    I've been taking my laundry to Domie since I arrived on the island 4 months ago. I have never had a problem. I asked the laundress to wash certain items specially and she always remembers. Whenever I take my clothing there, I always check the pockets because I always assumed that if they found money, they would keep it and it would be fair game. However, I must have missed something the other day because when I went in to pick up my laundry, there was a $50 bill taped to my bag that they had found in my pocket. I just thought I'd let you all know about that because anyone would take the time to complain. They found money in my pocket and returned it. Just so y'all know...

  2. #2
    DrShikima's Avatar
    DrShikima is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,197
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by yichafa
    I've been taking my laundry to Domie since I arrived on the island 4 months ago. I have never had a problem. I asked the laundress to wash certain items specially and she always remembers. Whenever I take my clothing there, I always check the pockets because I always assumed that if they found money, they would keep it and it would be fair game. However, I must have missed something the other day because when I went in to pick up my laundry, there was a $50 bill taped to my bag that they had found in my pocket. I just thought I'd let you all know about that because anyone would take the time to complain. They found money in my pocket and returned it. Just so y'all know...
    Honestly, that's pretty damn cool of them. Cudos Domie! Definately need to support more businesses like that!

  3. #3
    Lil786 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    163
    Downloads
    14
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good to know that honest people still exist out there. That is really nice of them.

  4. #4
    aychamo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    573
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hey neighbor;

    that was my $50 i left in your pockets. kindly return it

    <3 big pigs in philipsburg

  5. #5
    jerry collins is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    59
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It would be nice if you brought them something as appreciation-candy,flowers,whatever. Positive reenforcement.

  6. #6
    DrShikima's Avatar
    DrShikima is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,197
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry *******
    It would be nice if you brought them something as appreciation-candy,flowers,whatever. Positive reenforcement.
    Nah, repeat business says it all with a warm heart-felt thank you. Word of mouth is better... maybe leave a small gratuity.

  7. #7
    FOID's Avatar
    FOID is offline Ninja Moderator 9413 points
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Battlestar Galactica
    Posts
    38,215
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    domie's service is excellent but i stopped going. they've ruined a few of my nice shirts
    Posterior Fornix!

    ValueMD Super Moderator

  8. #8
    anencephalic's Avatar
    anencephalic is offline Brainless Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4,018
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shikima
    Nah, repeat business says it all with a warm heart-felt thank you. Word of mouth is better... maybe leave a small gratuity.
    She did...it was $50!

    Aloha,

Similar Threads

  1. Word of Caution!!!
    By Dr. N2012 in forum American University of Integrative Sciences (AUIS)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 08:25 PM
  2. Accepted! here's the word.
    By JRHAIDER in forum Saba University School of Medicine
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-06-2007, 11:48 PM
  3. Any Word ?
    By FireFighterMD in forum Ross University School of Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-09-2005, 10:21 PM
  4. any word on...
    By Skipper in forum American University of the Caribbean (AUC)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-12-2004, 08:47 PM
  5. no word??
    By manny in forum Ross University School of Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-04-2004, 10:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •