Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 68
  1. #1
    Locutusofborg's Avatar
    Locutusofborg is offline Member 535 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    372
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    How are the labs?

    Hi all, I was just wondering how the labs are in medical school. Are they tested on later, or do you need to make lab reports, or both? What percentage of total study time do they take up?

    Just wondering!

  2. #11
    Locutusofborg's Avatar
    Locutusofborg is offline Member 535 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    372
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Advertisements



    Well since we are on the subject (and digressing from the threat title), i wanted to know this (but dont want to author a thread with such a title!): Do any of you male med students feel that your libido/attraction toward women has gone down because you tend to be exposed to so much flesh on a professional level? Now I am a psychology student, I KNOW that this stuff gets compartmentalized differently... yet do you suffer from any overlap? I mean, HOPEFULLY, most males here are ethical enough not to let personal feelings get in the way of doing your job... but what about after clinicals, when you go home? Do you find yourself less interested in women for personal gain? Did the way you are attracted to the opposite sex change at all after medical training?

    Thanks!

    P.S. Please, serious replies only!! And im NOT A PERVERT!!

  3. #12
    swimguy23's Avatar
    swimguy23 is offline Elite Member 516 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,923
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stateofequilibrium
    Hmm, and exactly what were you doing to her?
    eye exam.....
    Hospitalist 2011-2012
    Hematology/Oncology 2012-2015

    some swimmer from Ct Hidden Content
    the problem with the gene pool is that there are too many lifeguards.....and we have been offering swimmies

  4. #13
    swimguy23's Avatar
    swimguy23 is offline Elite Member 516 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,923
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Locutusofborg
    Well since we are on the subject (and digressing from the threat title), i wanted to know this (but dont want to author a thread with such a title!): Do any of you male med students feel that your libido/attraction toward women has gone down because you tend to be exposed to so much flesh on a professional level? Now I am a psychology student, I KNOW that this stuff gets compartmentalized differently... yet do you suffer from any overlap? I mean, HOPEFULLY, most males here are ethical enough not to let personal feelings get in the way of doing your job... but what about after clinicals, when you go home? Do you find yourself less interested in women for personal gain? Did the way you are attracted to the opposite sex change at all after medical training?

    Thanks!

    P.S. Please, serious replies only!! And im NOT A PERVERT!!
    actually I think its an extremely good question. It's not so much that you get turned off from sex as much as you get very numb to things that would disguist most people.....anatomy lab for example.....at first its really weird and quiet but on thanksgiving we were talking about how we wanted to get outta there and eat turkey.....Also I really havent seen many patients that would turn me on but then again im picky but also when its a professional setting its kind of different. I've made my fiancee go into the room with me for breast exams so i could have the female witness.....you learn to separate it
    Hospitalist 2011-2012
    Hematology/Oncology 2012-2015

    some swimmer from Ct Hidden Content
    the problem with the gene pool is that there are too many lifeguards.....and we have been offering swimmies

  5. #14
    aychamo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    573
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Do female doctors need a male witness when they examine a male?

  6. #15
    suhail510's Avatar
    suhail510 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Beacon Hill, St. Maarten
    Posts
    185
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aychamo
    Do female doctors need a male witness when they examine a male?
    My doctor is a lady and she never has a witness in there with me, even when I have to drop trow
    "Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diago, which of course in German means a whale's vagina" -Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  7. #16
    swimguy23's Avatar
    swimguy23 is offline Elite Member 516 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,923
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aychamo
    Do female doctors need a male witness when they examine a male?
    nope.......
    Hospitalist 2011-2012
    Hematology/Oncology 2012-2015

    some swimmer from Ct Hidden Content
    the problem with the gene pool is that there are too many lifeguards.....and we have been offering swimmies

  8. #17
    islandwife's Avatar
    islandwife is offline Senior Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    838
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Girls have all the fun

    Quote Originally Posted by swimguy23
    nope.......
    Doesn't quite seem fair, does it? Us chicks have more chance to get outta line... hehehee....

    LocutusofBorg actually thought this would be treated seriously....

    "When you educate a man beyond his intelligence, you create a menace to society."

  9. #18
    islandwife's Avatar
    islandwife is offline Senior Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    838
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Locutusofborg
    Well since we are on the subject (and digressing from the threat title), i wanted to know this (but dont want to author a thread with such a title!): Do any of you male med students feel that your libido/attraction toward women has gone down because you tend to be exposed to so much flesh on a professional level? Now I am a psychology student, I KNOW that this stuff gets compartmentalized differently... yet do you suffer from any overlap? I mean, HOPEFULLY, most males here are ethical enough not to let personal feelings get in the way of doing your job... but what about after clinicals, when you go home? Do you find yourself less interested in women for personal gain? Did the way you are attracted to the opposite sex change at all after medical training?

    Thanks!

    P.S. Please, serious replies only!! And im NOT A PERVERT!!
    Actually - in all seriousness. My hubby and I were apart for the first half of his 1st semester. Of course, he was more than happy to see me, and there are certainly no problems of a private nature. That said, I have noticed little things like him counting my ribs, commenting on how well he can find my various organs externally, like my kidneys, liver, spleen, etc. I have become (in addition to the appropriate marital roles) a live specimin for anatomy practice. Also, his new anatomy knowledge comes in handy.

    Not a bad thing, but a small change I noticed.
    "When you educate a man beyond his intelligence, you create a menace to society."

  10. #19
    swimguy23's Avatar
    swimguy23 is offline Elite Member 516 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,923
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by islandwife
    Actually - in all seriousness. My hubby and I were apart for the first half of his 1st semester. Of course, he was more than happy to see me, and there are certainly no problems of a private nature. That said, I have noticed little things like him counting my ribs, commenting on how well he can find my various organs externally, like my kidneys, liver, spleen, etc. I have become (in addition to the appropriate marital roles) a live specimin for anatomy practice. Also, his new anatomy knowledge comes in handy.

    Not a bad thing, but a small change I noticed.
    he cant.....he's **'ing you.....he cant do that until 5th
    Hospitalist 2011-2012
    Hematology/Oncology 2012-2015

    some swimmer from Ct Hidden Content
    the problem with the gene pool is that there are too many lifeguards.....and we have been offering swimmies

  11. #20
    stateofequilibrium's Avatar
    stateofequilibrium is offline Super Moderator 6105 points
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Battlestar Galactica
    Posts
    25,450
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by islandwife
    Actually - in all seriousness. My hubby and I were apart for the first half of his 1st semester. Of course, he was more than happy to see me, and there are certainly no problems of a private nature. That said, I have noticed little things like him counting my ribs, commenting on how well he can find my various organs externally, like my kidneys, liver, spleen, etc. I have become (in addition to the appropriate marital roles) a live specimin for anatomy practice. Also, his new anatomy knowledge comes in handy.

    Not a bad thing, but a small change I noticed.
    As long as he didn't point out your posterior fornix I guess.
    Posterior Fornix.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Labs
    By docaf in forum Xavier University School of Medicine, Aruba
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 11:32 PM
  2. Labs
    By Dr.Azimi in forum Xavier University School of Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-02-2007, 12:16 AM
  3. Labs
    By gem910 in forum Xavier University School of Medicine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-06-2005, 12:20 AM
  4. Labs
    By markglt in forum American University of Integrative Sciences (AUIS)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2004, 10:29 AM
  5. No cadaver labs???
    By Sandra in forum St. James Medical School
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-03-2004, 12:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •