Sponsored Links
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By thxleave

Thread: AUC MAY 2014 vs SGU AUG 2014?

  1. #1
    1234caribbean is offline Junior Member 511 points
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    37
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    AUC MAY 2014 vs SGU AUG 2014?

    Advertisements



    I cannot decide which School to attend... Which school is better and which will increase my chances of obtaining a residency in the US? I know that SGU used to be considered the "best" Caribbean med school, but due to the huge increases in class sizes...is the extra cost really worth it? Also, i know that AUC has changed alot recently with Devry taking over and the new building opening, etc.

    What are some pros and cons of each school?

  2. #2
    rokshana is offline Member Guru 11644 points
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    12,099
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234caribbean View Post
    I cannot decide which School to attend... Which school is better and which will increase my chances of obtaining a residency in the US? I know that SGU used to be considered the "best" Caribbean med school, but due to the huge increases in class sizes...is the extra cost really worth it? Also, i know that AUC has changed alot recently with Devry taking over and the new building opening, etc.

    What are some pros and cons of each school?
    lol...so which one is supposedly the "best" caribbean school...you should go to that one...

    and dude...the pros/cons are discussed here ad nauseum...do a search....
    Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Attending
    ABIM certified IM
    ValueMD-the place "where nothing makes sense, but everything is related-fellow vmd'r gabon

  3. #3
    microphage's Avatar
    microphage is offline Useless Member 512 points
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,749
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rokshana View Post
    lol...so which one is supposedly the "best" caribbean school...you should go to that one...

    and dude...the pros/cons are discussed here ad nauseum...do a search....
    Rok: Um... don't you have like things to do like take care of patients? :P

    Do you want to move to Seattle area? We could use a few more endocrinologist at my hosp. I'll split the finders fee with you for our hospital if your interested.
    Finally beat Super Mario Bros within 7 mins.

  4. #4
    rokshana is offline Member Guru 11644 points
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    12,099
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by microphage View Post
    Rok: Um... don't you have like things to do like take care of patients? :P

    Do you want to move to Seattle area? We could use a few more endocrinologist at my hosp. I'll split the finders fee with you for our hospital if your interested.

    its endocrine....lifestyle...can't really say money...but demand...dang if it isn't there!!

    lol...had a job before i even i started training...but we'll see...you never know!
    Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Attending
    ABIM certified IM
    ValueMD-the place "where nothing makes sense, but everything is related-fellow vmd'r gabon

  5. #5
    BlakeRoss is offline Newbie 513 points
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    19
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Personally, I think one of the top caribbean medical schools is UMHS St. Kitts. I am attending medical school there and they have proven to have great results.

  6. #6
    thxleave is offline Elite Member 7201 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,148
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    If UMHS hired you to advertise for the school, they are overpaying you by a lot.
    WindsorGirl91 likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Jan 2014
    By 1234caribbean in forum St. Georges University School of Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-07-2014, 09:49 AM
  2. Jan. 2014?
    By dlinetackle in forum Atlantic University School of Medicine (AUSOM)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-31-2013, 07:17 PM
  3. Spring 2014 Incoming Class (Jan. 2014)
    By hadooori in forum American University of the Caribbean (AUC)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-04-2013, 12:37 AM
  4. AUC May 2014 vs SGU August 2014?
    By 1234caribbean in forum St. Georges University School of Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-11-2013, 08:57 PM
  5. Hy 2014
    By tommyk in forum USMLE Step 1 Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 08:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •