Sponsored Links
Page 294 of 401 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344394 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 4003
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Post "What are my chances" here ONLY

  1. #1
    stateofequilibrium's Avatar
    stateofequilibrium is offline Super Moderator 6105 points
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Battlestar Galactica
    Posts
    25,450
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Post "What are my chances" here ONLY

    Ask what your chances are here ONLY

    * Please ask all "What are my chances?" in this thread only. All others will be locked.
    * This thread is for admission chances discussion ONLY, please stay on topic. If you have a question not related, please start a new thread
    * This is an experimental thread to help create a receptive and informative atmosphere, if it doesn't work or gets out of control, it'll be locked down and we'll return to forbidding you to ask at all.
    * If you are replying, please use the REPLY function to avoid confusion to whom you are addressing.

    ** DISCLAIMER: We cannot tell you with any real authority on your chances. The best idea for your actual chances is to apply and find out.

    -------------------------------------------------------

    For reference: STUDENT PROFILE FOR 2006
    American University of the Caribbean

    90% are U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
    4% are Canadians
    6% are International
    40% are Female students
    60% are Male students
    98% have Bachelor's degree or pending degree
    7% have Master's degree
    0% have Doctorate degree
    Average Cumulative GPA: 3.2
    Average Science GPA: 3.1
    Average MCAT: 23



    Important Notice

    Violations of the Terms of Service will be immediately dealt with. Courtesy PMs or immediate infractions will be given at the discretion of the moderators.

    Due to numerous posts going off-topic, warnings and infractions will be handed out without warning.
    Last edited by stateofequilibrium; 08-15-2008 at 05:51 PM.
    dredwinf and MD_Babas like this.
    Posterior Fornix.

  2. #2931
    Dr.Skull's Avatar
    Dr.Skull is offline Junior Member 45 points
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    59
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Advertisements



    Quote Originally Posted by slevit1 View Post
    don't follow this guy's advice....he's wrong.

    My advice came from the fact that I have seen ppl with way lower stats in my own class...so....
    Last edited by Dr.Skull; 05-27-2010 at 07:35 PM.

  3. #2932
    Dr.Skull's Avatar
    Dr.Skull is offline Junior Member 45 points
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    59
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by medsab View Post
    I still want to repeat few courses so I have a REALLY good chance of getting in. Does AUC penalize you if courses are repeated? I know SABA likes to see improvement and therefore they wouldn’t mind if you repeat a course, as long as you get a really high mark in the repeated course. How about AUC?

    As far as i know, i don't think AUC penalizes anyone for having repeated courses as long as you show improvement. I can say this because I did have a few repeat courses on my transcript when I applied. Hope this answers your question. Best of luck!

  4. #2933
    dcvin is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    cgpa 2.85 with a strong upward trend. GPA over 3.7 in the final year.
    Mcat 23N
    Research in 2 labs over 16 months.

    what are my chances for Jan 2011 entry? and when is the latest I can apply for the Jan class?

  5. #2934
    Dr.Skull's Avatar
    Dr.Skull is offline Junior Member 45 points
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    59
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi,

    a wise choice in planning to apply for Jan semester; Jan and may semester are the less competitive entry point to all caribbean schools...now in regards to your stats.....honestly, I know ppl with lower stats than u sitting in our class but they might have made it in just by luck... If you're low on the mcat then they expect a high gpa or vice versa...so I would improve one or just take a shot at your luck... If u do the latter then apply early even though there are no deadlines for Jan.... Good luck to u and let me know if I can give u more info!
    Last edited by Dr.Skull; 06-02-2010 at 04:57 PM.

  6. #2935
    tegraphile's Avatar
    tegraphile is offline Elite Member 542 points
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    St. Maarten, NA / California
    Posts
    3,070
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcvin View Post
    cgpa 2.85 with a strong upward trend. GPA over 3.7 in the final year.
    Mcat 23N
    Research in 2 labs over 16 months.

    what are my chances for Jan 2011 entry? and when is the latest I can apply for the Jan class?
    Agreed with applying for Jan/May. Low GPA with low MCAT is gonna be tough to sell. Thought about re-taking the MCAT?
    UCLA, Engineering (2006)
    AUC, Medicine (2013)

  7. #2936
    LoveGod is offline Junior Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    21
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Admission: Shifting semester choices?

    I see that Jan/May admissions standard is slight lower than the sept one.

    Does AUC admission allow / consider / inquire (?) an applicant to attend the May term if I get rejected for the September term?

    In other words:

    Given that I got time and will take MCAT as often as I can for my admission as long as the MEAS considers them, do I have to re-apply for the May semester after getting a rejection letter for the September term?

    I ask this because my scores are low and want to take re-trials as often as I can and as long as the admissions accept the scores, even if it is a day before the semester starts.

    Thx.

  8. #2937
    Dr.Skull's Avatar
    Dr.Skull is offline Junior Member 45 points
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    59
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What you have here is a very specific question and I think only MEAS could answer your question without any margin of error. To my knowledge however, I think you would have to re-apply and pay another set of application fee. The difference is that this time you would only submit any changes that you have, compare to you last application. (exp: submission of your new MCAT score or any new updates in regards to recommendation letters, and etc.) Again, I highly recommend that you call and ask MEAS directly.

    Also, another suggestion in regards to re-taking MCAT....A big caveat: It is true that you can take MCAT as many times as you like BUT, ALL medical schools would only like to see good scores and a low number MCAT retake. They would only like MCAT retakes in which your score has improved greatly....if your next score is even lower then that could serve as a black hole in your application...so be careful...retaking MCAT is good only if you are working hard to get a higher grade! Wish you the of best of luck in your future endeavors!




    Quote Originally Posted by LoveGod View Post
    I see that Jan/May admissions standard is slight lower than the sept one.

    Does AUC admission allow / consider / inquire (?) an applicant to attend the May term if I get rejected for the September term?

    In other words:

    Given that I got time and will take MCAT as often as I can for my admission as long as the MEAS considers them, do I have to re-apply for the May semester after getting a rejection letter for the September term?

    I ask this because my scores are low and want to take re-trials as often as I can and as long as the admissions accept the scores, even if it is a day before the semester starts.

    Thx.
    Last edited by Dr.Skull; 06-05-2010 at 09:35 AM.

  9. #2938
    tegraphile's Avatar
    tegraphile is offline Elite Member 542 points
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    St. Maarten, NA / California
    Posts
    3,070
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Skull View Post
    What you have here is a very specific question and I think only MEAS could answer your question without any margin of error. To my knowledge however, I think you would have to re-apply and pay another set of application fee. The difference is that this time you would only submit any changes that you have, compare to you last application. (exp: submission of your new MCAT score or any new updates in regards to recommendation letters, and etc.) Again, I highly recommend that you call and ask MEAS directly.

    Also, another suggestion in regards to re-taking MCAT....A big caveat: It is true that you can take MCAT as many times as you like BUT, ALL medical schools would only like to see good scores and a low number MCAT retake. They would only like MCAT retakes in which your score has improved greatly....if your next score is even lower then that could serve as a black hole in your application...so be careful...retaking MCAT is good only if you are working hard to get a higher grade! Wish you the of best of luck in your future endeavors!
    That just about sums it up.
    UCLA, Engineering (2006)
    AUC, Medicine (2013)

  10. #2939
    slevit1MD's Avatar
    slevit1MD is offline Ultimate Member 665 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    6,383
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Skull View Post
    My advice came from the fact that I have seen ppl with way lower stats in my own class...so....
    You know two pieces of information, a GPA and an MCAT score....not nearly enough to determine whether or not someone will definitely get in, or why other people may have gotten in. No one, with any scores, is a sure thing. To tell someone not to retake classes, when they have a very low GPA, is just bad advice. So.....
    slevit1, M.D. Hidden Content
    PGY-1, Emergency Medicine

  11. #2940
    slevit1MD's Avatar
    slevit1MD is offline Ultimate Member 665 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    6,383
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Skull View Post
    Also, another suggestion in regards to re-taking MCAT....A big caveat: It is true that you can take MCAT as many times as you like BUT, ALL medical schools would only like to see good scores and a low number MCAT retake. They would only like MCAT retakes in which your score has improved greatly....if your next score is even lower then that could serve as a black hole in your application...so be careful...retaking MCAT is good only if you are working hard to get a higher grade! Wish you the of best of luck in your future endeavors!
    Just to add on here, it's also bad if your second score is the same, or close to the same as your first! This shows that even after trying harder and studying more, and even with some experience under your belt, that's still the best you could do. Unless you think you're going to show some significant improvement, don't retake the exam.
    slevit1, M.D. Hidden Content
    PGY-1, Emergency Medicine

Similar Threads

  1. **Post "What Are My Chances?" Here ONLY**
    By crystal in forum Ross University School of Medicine
    Replies: 3489
    Last Post: Yesterday, 05:32 PM
  2. Post "What are My Chances?" Here ONLY
    By KUNSAN in forum St. Georges University School of Medicine
    Replies: 3691
    Last Post: 09-18-2019, 10:53 PM
  3. Step score cutoffs? (ie "what are my chances?")
    By aust0042 in forum Residency Match Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-26-2011, 10:28 AM
  4. can we move just the "what are my chances" sticky back to main page?
    By medic300107 in forum Ross University School of Medicine
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-11-2011, 05:14 PM
  5. NOT a "What are my chances" post...
    By William G. in forum St. Georges University School of Medicine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-11-2005, 02:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •