Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    gucci2513 is offline Junior Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    51
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Question about Med 1

    Advertisements



    What time does class start and finish? And which days do we have class?

  2. #2
    Cyberia is offline Senior Member 515 points
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    693
    Downloads
    11
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gucci2513 View Post
    What time does class start and finish? And which days do we have class?
    If it's the same as when i was on the island, the schedule varies by the number of students they have. If you're going into Sept, it's usually a lot of students, thus the need for 2 sections. My classes had an afternoon section and a morning section. Just luck of the draw when your classes were. (By that i mean the lectures were either in the morning or the afternoon). However, you also have anatomy lab 3 days a week, and those times will be in the afternoon if you have morning section or vice versa (plus dps lab twice a week i think..hard to remember that far back). I think i had class everyday with some days ending around noon and others around 530 or so.

  3. #3
    Dhavalp is offline Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary and St Louis
    Posts
    168
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

  4. #4
    Fleisch's Avatar
    Fleisch is offline School Official 522 points
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    AUA Medical School
    Posts
    65
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberia View Post
    If it's the same as when i was on the island, the schedule varies by the number of students they have. If you're going into Sept, it's usually a lot of students, thus the need for 2 sections. My classes had an afternoon section and a morning section. Just luck of the draw when your classes were. (By that i mean the lectures were either in the morning or the afternoon). However, you also have anatomy lab 3 days a week, and those times will be in the afternoon if you have morning section or vice versa (plus dps lab twice a week i think..hard to remember that far back). I think i had class everyday with some days ending around noon and others around 530 or so.
    I heard from Dr. G we are doing three sections for Fall 2010. I'll be at orientation and that is when schedules will be handed out.

    Any September 2009 starters here? They guys could probably provide a good idea what the class schedules are like.
    Bryan Fleischman
    Associate Director of Admissions

    b
    Hidden Content

  5. #5
    CuriousD is offline Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    146
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleisch View Post
    I heard from Dr. G we are doing three sections for Fall 2010. I'll be at orientation and that is when schedules will be handed out.

    Any September 2009 starters here? They guys could probably provide a good idea what the class schedules are like.
    is there a reason why yal have chosen to do three sections this year versus two?
    University of North Texas 2010 [Bio/Chem]
    AUA 2014 [Medicine]

  6. #6
    TXMD13 is offline Junior Member 515 points
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Antigua
    Posts
    27
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I started Sept 2009 and we had two sections. Both sections started pretty early though because one would have lab while the other was in lecture. Not sure how it's going to be this fall though if they're having three sections. Either way, you're going to have more than enough time to study, review, eat or whatever it is you need to do.

  7. #7
    Tipton's Avatar
    Tipton is offline Ultimate Member 6138 points
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,197
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Images
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ...............
    Last edited by Tipton; 09-02-2010 at 11:23 AM.

  8. #8
    Fleisch's Avatar
    Fleisch is offline School Official 522 points
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    AUA Medical School
    Posts
    65
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tipton View Post
    We expect more than 240 Med 1 students in combination of new, incoming students and new, promoted (from premed) students.
    Tipton beat me to it...AUA's lecture halls only hold 120 students and that is the largest class size we will offer. If there are any more than 240 students coming in for Med 1, we will need to offer 3 sections.
    Bryan Fleischman
    Associate Director of Admissions

    b
    Hidden Content

  9. #9
    siheg's Avatar
    siheg is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,248
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tipton View Post
    We expect more than 240 Med 1 students in combination of new, incoming students and new, promoted (from premed) students.
    Aren't the classes caped at 210 students?

  10. #10
    Fleisch's Avatar
    Fleisch is offline School Official 522 points
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    AUA Medical School
    Posts
    65
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by siheg View Post
    Aren't the classes caped at 210 students?
    Where did you get this number? Lectures are capped at 120 students - that's the amount of seats available. However, the class size can be larger or smaller than this (larger = September, smaller = May).
    Bryan Fleischman
    Associate Director of Admissions

    b
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hy 2720 Hard question, but GOOD question regarding pharm...
    By tommyk in forum USMLE Step 1 Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-05-2008, 05:12 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 11:51 AM
  3. Hy 2086 Super Duper Question (Electrolyte Physio Question)
    By tommyk in forum USMLE Step 1 Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-27-2006, 10:16 PM
  4. Question on question & atta boy for tommy
    By stimpy13 in forum USMLE Step 1 Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-23-2004, 07:26 PM
  5. HY Concept 434 (A question clincially and a reader question
    By tommyk in forum USMLE Step 1 Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-22-2004, 09:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •