Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    msdc2010chiro is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    questions about radd school

    Advertisements



    I am currently in chiropractic school and i finish in Sept., however i want to go to Radiology school. Can anyone tell me what i need to do to accomplish this goal.

    I understand that i must take USMLE. What i would like to know is, what other classes would i have to take. Also, is it possible to begin clinical rotations due to my degree as a DC. What happens after completing two years of clinical rotations. The steps to becoming a Musculoskeletal radiology is what i would like get into.

    Can someone help???

  2. #2
    iwanabmd is offline Member 516 points
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    492
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    your chiropractic degree is worthless in the field of medicine. you can not do MD rotations. u need to start medical school from the begining.
    STEP 1 [X] STEP 2 [X] STEP 3[X] PGY - 1 [X] PGY-2 [*]

  3. #3
    Cyberia is offline Senior Member 515 points
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    693
    Downloads
    11
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Unless you're talking about being just a radiology tech, which requires you to go to a community college for a 2 year degree. Otherwise, I agree with iwanabmd.

  4. #4
    msdc2010chiro is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    hey guys

    Thanks for the information, however, i know that not to be true. I didn't come to this forum for rude comments directed toward my profession or any other things of that nature. I just wanted to know the steps to becoming a radiologist. If starting from the beginning is your suggestion, please leave it at that. Constructive criticism is of better value to me at this point.

    Also, I am speaking of becoming a musculoskeletal radiologist and not a technician or a technologist.

  5. #5
    Cyberia is offline Senior Member 515 points
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    693
    Downloads
    11
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msdc2010chiro View Post
    Thanks for the information, however, i know that not to be true.

    Also, I am speaking of becoming a musculoskeletal radiologist and not a technician or a technologist.
    What information isn't true? Being a chiropractor is the same as being a dentist, orthodontist, optomistrist, etc at medical school. No one's putting you or your field (or any of the others i just mentioned) down. There might be a few parts that overlap, but you're still starting from scratch. A question I would ask is why are you wanting to switch fields after almost completing your degree as a chiropractor? If you're just wanting practice reading xrays, I'd ask to shadow a radiologist around at your local hospital for a month or so. Ask him/her for tips on reading xrays. See if you can attend any clinics or conferences that are held by the american college of radiology, etc.

  6. #6
    azskeptic's Avatar
    azskeptic is offline Moderator 666 points
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6,728
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Confusion

    Think he is asking about becoming a DC radiologist see here

    DACBR Career

    I'd strongly suggest you talk to a few people. It is, like chiropractic, not doing too well either. If you are interested in radiology, you should contemplate becoming an MD and doing a residency in radiology. Dean

    Quote Originally Posted by msdc2010chiro View Post
    Thanks for the information, however, i know that not to be true. I didn't come to this forum for rude comments directed toward my profession or any other things of that nature. I just wanted to know the steps to becoming a radiologist. If starting from the beginning is your suggestion, please leave it at that. Constructive criticism is of better value to me at this point.

    Also, I am speaking of becoming a musculoskeletal radiologist and not a technician or a technologist.
    Moderator - State Licensing Forum

    Still skeptical after all these years.
    This is it. There are no hidden meanings.WYSIWYG

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  7. #7
    CARICOM-MED is offline Permanently Banned 530 points
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Multiple Accounts
    Posts
    1,236
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    DOUBT You are indeed a DC

    I seriously doubt that you are a DC, or chiropractic radiologist as you claim you "are" ...All DCs know this, and many indeed went back to med schools in order to pursue PM&R, Orthopedics, Radiology etc...

    EVERYONE KNOWS that unless you are an MD you can't complete Medical Radiology Residency, so please stop wasting time on this forum...


    Quote Originally Posted by msdc2010chiro View Post
    I am currently in chiropractic school and i finish in Sept., however i want to go to Radiology school. Can anyone tell me what i need to do to accomplish this goal.

    I understand that i must take USMLE. What i would like to know is, what other classes would i have to take. Also, is it possible to begin clinical rotations due to my degree as a DC. What happens after completing two years of clinical rotations. The steps to becoming a Musculoskeletal radiology is what i would like get into.

    Can someone help???
    Last edited by CARICOM-MED; 04-05-2010 at 09:34 AM.

  8. #8
    azskeptic's Avatar
    azskeptic is offline Moderator 666 points
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6,728
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    radiology

    confusion is that there are 'DC Radiologists" who read xrays for other DCs not a very well known profession...only 160 of them in the US.....I think that is what he is asking. Obviously MD radiologists are another thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by UHSADOC View Post
    I seriously doubt that you are a DC, or chiropractic radiologist as you claim you "are" ...All DCs know this, and many indeed went back to med schools in order to pursue PM&R, Orthopedics, Radiology etc...

    EVERYONE KNOWS that unless you are an MD you can't complete Medical Radiology Residency, so please stop wasting time on this forum...
    Moderator - State Licensing Forum

    Still skeptical after all these years.
    This is it. There are no hidden meanings.WYSIWYG

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  9. #9
    msdc2010chiro is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thanks

    cyberia,

    Sorry for the confusion, the comment wasn't directed toward you, it was more toward whom ever said my degree is "worthless." I understand the difference between the specialties however i wanted to become a DC radiologist. I have spent the last three years in school reading xrays and the last year reading MRI's and CT scans and thus felt that i would be doing myself an injustice by not becoming more efficient at reading films. Therefore, I wanted to look into programs geared toward my goal. As a DC i will be held responsible for reading films so i felt i should take the next step and become a radiologist too.

    Dean..... thanks for the information that was right up my ally. I appreciate the help!!!!

  10. #10
    CARICOM-MED is offline Permanently Banned 530 points
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Multiple Accounts
    Posts
    1,236
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Really Radiology ?

    Which DABCR program did you complete ?
    Stop posting lies, even my 8 year old nephew knows that radiologists are MDs...


    Quote Originally Posted by msdc2010chiro View Post
    cyberia,

    Sorry for the confusion, the comment wasn't directed toward you, it was more toward whom ever said my degree is "worthless." I understand the difference between the specialties however i wanted to become a DC radiologist. I have spent the last three years in school reading xrays and the last year reading MRI's and CT scans and thus felt that i would be doing myself an injustice by not becoming more efficient at reading films. Therefore, I wanted to look into programs geared toward my goal. As a DC i will be held responsible for reading films so i felt i should take the next step and become a radiologist too.

    Dean..... thanks for the information that was right up my ally. I appreciate the help!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Senior in High School, questions about Med School.
    By StepbakMusic in forum Main Foreign Medical Schools Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-20-2010, 10:08 AM
  2. Questions Regarding School Licensure And School Exams
    By sundawg in forum American University of Integrative Sciences (AUIS)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 05:08 PM
  3. Just had a few questions about the med school
    By StrikeTk in forum Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara (UAG)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-02-2007, 12:14 AM
  4. What is the best Caribbean medical school (and some other carib. school questions)
    By Myst in forum St. Georges University School of Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-30-2005, 09:51 PM
  5. SEVERAL Questions...I am a US school high school student....
    By omair05 in forum St. Christophers College of Medicine
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-26-2005, 03:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •