Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1
    CuriousD is offline Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    146
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    So I just finished the online application

    Advertisements



    what now? will they call me about sending the rest of the documents? or should I send them on my own? i'm lost.

  2. #2
    CuriousD is offline Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    146
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    help please..i'm sort of freaking out here lol.

  3. #3
    Arkie, M.D.'s Avatar
    Arkie, M.D. is offline Elite Member 6139 points
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    2,509
    Downloads
    26
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Do yourself a favor and send everything in one package. Send it in on your own; they will NEVER call you about sending the rest. Also be sure to send stuff like this with certified mail so you know when they receive it.
    Step 1 [x] Step 2 CK [x] Step 2 CS [x] Prematch [x] M.D. [x] Step 3 [x] PGY-1 [x] PGY-2 [x] PGY-3 [x] ED Attending [2015-]
    ☤ + ☭ = N
    Liberty or Death


  4. #4
    CuriousD is offline Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    146
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
    Do yourself a favor and send everything in one package. Send it in on your own; they will NEVER call you about sending the rest. Also be sure to send stuff like this with certified mail so you know when they receive it.
    ok, so a big brown envelope to package everything up in. (transcripts and LOR's) am I missing anything else? Also, should I label which envelopes are LOR's and transcripts?

  5. #5
    Tipton's Avatar
    Tipton is offline Ultimate Member 6138 points
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,197
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Images
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The only time you should send us documents is if they are in their original, sealed envelopes. Otherwise we will thank you for sending us unofficial copies and ask you to have official copies sent directly from the school(s) and writers of your letters of recommendation.

  6. #6
    CuriousD is offline Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    146
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    also, what's the exact address i'm mailing it to?

  7. #7
    CuriousD is offline Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    146
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tipton View Post
    The only time you should send us documents is if they are in their original, sealed envelopes. Otherwise we will thank you for sending us unofficial copies and ask you to have official copies sent directly from the school(s) and writers of your letters of recommendation.
    all of the documents are sealed, have the official school envelopes etc. I'm just wondering if I can send all of these in a big envelope? Rather then mail each one out separately.

  8. #8
    Cyberia is offline Senior Member 515 points
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    693
    Downloads
    11
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousD View Post
    ok, so a big brown envelope to package everything up in. (transcripts and LOR's) am I missing anything else? Also, should I label which envelopes are LOR's and transcripts?
    They will know the difference when they open the envelopes and read them. One will be in a letter format, the other will be in a transcript format. If you're freaking out now over this stuff, I'd hate to see you on shelf or step day. Relax. Do just what Arkie said. I can't remember if AUA is this specific, but most other medical schools require LOR's to be sealed and have a return address from the school/business it's being sent from (so you're not making up LORs, etc) on the outside of the envelope. Your transcript should have the official school seal on it (again, to make sure it's not altered). Do those things to be sure. Throw all of those in a big brown envelope and sent it via fedex or certified mail (so you have a tracking/delivery receipt) and you're good to go.

    Edit-Tipton was quicker than me!

  9. #9
    rahulb is offline Senior Member 695 points
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    bmizzle
    Posts
    806
    Downloads
    14
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    you should open all sealed envelopes and proceed to bash your head against the wall because that's what the next 4 years are going to feel like
    [X] Attending Physician

  10. #10
    Tipton's Avatar
    Tipton is offline Ultimate Member 6138 points
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,197
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Images
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousD View Post
    all of the documents are sealed, have the official school envelopes etc. I'm just wondering if I can send all of these in a big envelope? Rather then mail each one out separately.
    No reason to mail them separately. Cerftified mail is a good idea or UPS if you want a tracking number to know when it arrives.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. online application
    By niknj in forum Ross University School of Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-14-2008, 08:27 AM
  2. Online Application - HELP
    By Compassion MD in forum American University of Antigua (AUA)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-02-2007, 04:10 PM
  3. SGU online application
    By mledesma in forum St. Georges University School of Medicine
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 05:51 AM
  4. Online Application???
    By philenom in forum St. Matthews University School of Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2005, 06:09 AM
  5. online application
    By cooli in forum St. Georges University School of Medicine
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-21-2005, 10:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •