Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    doc2b4u is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    for sree or whoever can answer plz:(

    Advertisements



    okk here is the dilemma...unfortunately i couldnt clear my step 1 in my first attempt.. and now they want me to take the 4th semester at AUA again and then take the exam...i passed those classes with good grades and i dont want to retake them again,..on top of that i dont want to go back to the island..i dont have any money nor do i have the patience for it..so plzzzzzzz tell me what i shud i do in this situation..i would really love some support in this...is there anyway that i can retake the step one wo repeating the 4th semester...plzz help

  2. #2
    NWS's Avatar
    NWS
    NWS is offline Senior Member 659 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    I go with the wind
    Posts
    913
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I never heard of them making students retake 4th after failing the Step. Must be a new policy. Try appealing the decision or just transfer to a different school.


    Edit: BTW I know a student that recently failed the Step 1 and they are letting him retake it. So you might want to push your case to appeal.
    Last edited by NWS; 05-07-2009 at 03:33 PM.
    Step 1 [X] Step 2 CK [X] Step 2 CS [X] Step 3[IP]
    Core Rotations: [X] Done
    Electives: [X] Done

  3. #3
    doc2b4u is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NWS View Post
    I never heard of them making students retake 4th after failing the Step. Must be a new policy. Try appealing the decision or just transfer to a different school.

    can you please elaborate what do they normally do if you fail step 1..? i mean whats the procedure ..what happens next..and how do i appeal the decision and to who..plzz do tell me im sooo worried and in tears

  4. #4
    md12886 is offline Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    337
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    did u attended AUA for basic sciences?

  5. #5
    NWS's Avatar
    NWS
    NWS is offline Senior Member 659 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    I go with the wind
    Posts
    913
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doc2b4u View Post
    can you please elaborate what do they normally do if you fail step 1..? i mean whats the procedure ..what happens next..and how do i appeal the decision and to who..plzz do tell me im sooo worried and in tears

    I would start by talking to Dr. B or someone in the NY office. Like I said in my edit above, I know of a student that recently failed the Step 1 and they're not making him go back to the island. It's strange that they would make you unless you have failed it more than once. You are not a transfer student are you?
    Step 1 [X] Step 2 CK [X] Step 2 CS [X] Step 3[IP]
    Core Rotations: [X] Done
    Electives: [X] Done

  6. #6
    islandthrift is offline Moderator 675 points
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,010
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You have 6 months to take the step 1 the first time and a total of a year to take and pass the step 1 in up to 3 tries. Have you waited more than a year?


    AUA & Ross Forum Moderator

  7. #7
    doc2b4u is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yea i did my basic sciences at aua..and not a transfer student ...and yea its been a more than a yr since i took the exam..wat can i do now? if i want to transfer which school is best?

  8. #8
    NWS's Avatar
    NWS
    NWS is offline Senior Member 659 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    I go with the wind
    Posts
    913
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doc2b4u View Post
    yea i did my basic sciences at aua..and not a transfer student ...and yea its been a more than a yr since i took the exam..wat can i do now? if i want to transfer which school is best?
    If it's been more than a year then your best bet is to transfer out but try the appeal first and see what happens. St. Eustatius would be my next choice since they have solid green book clinicals. After that try UMHS and Windsor as your absolute last ditch. Good luck.
    Step 1 [X] Step 2 CK [X] Step 2 CS [X] Step 3[IP]
    Core Rotations: [X] Done
    Electives: [X] Done

  9. #9
    doc2b4u is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NWS View Post
    If it's been more than a year then your best bet is to transfer out but try the appeal first and see what happens. St. Eustatius would be my next choice since they have solid green book clinicals. After that try UMHS and Windsor as your absolute last ditch. Good luck.
    hii thanks for all your replies..well who should i appeal to? i just talked to someone over the phone at ny office and they are saying that noone is in the ny office right now ...everyone has left for antigua because of admission

  10. #10
    Cyberia is offline Senior Member 515 points
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    693
    Downloads
    11
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doc2b4u View Post
    hii thanks for all your replies..well who should i appeal to? i just talked to someone over the phone at ny office and they are saying that noone is in the ny office right now ...everyone has left for antigua because of admission
    They should be back in the NY offices soon. Registration ends soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Thank You Sree
    By Tipton in forum American University of Antigua (AUA)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-29-2009, 01:23 PM
  2. Mosby's.............Sree or anyone
    By sai2007 in forum AUA Medical School Clinical Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-07-2008, 01:52 PM
  3. Sree or anyone : need a very urgent help
    By sai2007 in forum AUA Medical School Clinical Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-14-2008, 09:26 PM
  4. Sree, please answer
    By Earl in forum American University of Antigua (AUA)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-17-2006, 08:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •