Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: After Interview

  1. #1
    HelpMePlease! is offline Junior Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    23
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    After Interview

    Advertisements



    If an interview has gone really well, what are the chances of them accepting me?

  2. #2
    Cyberia is offline Senior Member 515 points
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    693
    Downloads
    11
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelpMePlease! View Post
    If an interview has gone really well, what are the chances of them accepting me?
    32.7%. I mean honestly..what kind of question is that?

  3. #3
    davidMD is offline Member 511 points
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jersey City, NJ
    Posts
    394
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberia View Post
    32.7%. I mean honestly..what kind of question is that?
    ****!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Courant Institute of Mathematics
    Saba University School of Medicine
    Pray for me....

  4. #4
    Fornis J. Plebney is offline Senior Member 525 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,279
    Downloads
    12
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Pay no attention to Cyberia. It's really 46.875%.

    If past is prologue, I suspect you'll know your chances in about a week.

  5. #5
    FutureDoc86 is offline Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    on a rock
    Posts
    228
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I say your chance of getting accepted SO FAR is 94.9%. It goes like this:
    MCAT is 23.30% GPA is 24.64%, LOR's are 18.31%, ECA's (extracurricular activities-I think I invented a new acronym) are 12.39%, and personal essay is 9.33%- All of this with a total of 89.34% leaving about 5.12% for the interview. Given that you were requested for an interview, you got pretty much MOST of that percentage and since you've noted that the interview went well, you got the 5.12% and your're now at a 94.90% chance of getting in. The 5.10% that you still need in order to get 100% depends on the following: 1) how stylish you were at the interview 2) how nice your nails were trimmed 3) what color shoes you were wearing 4) if the interviewer ate a great lunch that day 5) If his wife gave him action the night before 6) Fox5 News coverage of the day 7) How pretty your smile was 8) If you said anything stupid by accident 9) If the interviewer is leaving work early that day and 10) If you like the Mets.

    Good luck. I hope you get in and join us wacky students.

    Math teacher discretion is advised*

  6. #6
    Fornis J. Plebney is offline Senior Member 525 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,279
    Downloads
    12
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureDoc86 View Post
    I say your chance of getting accepted SO FAR is 94.9%. It goes like this:
    MCAT is 23.30% GPA is 24.64%, LOR's are 18.31%, ECA's (extracurricular activities-I think I invented a new acronym) are 12.39%, and personal essay is 9.33%- All of this with a total of 89.34% leaving about 5.12% for the interview. Given that you were requested for an interview, you got pretty much MOST of that percentage and since you've noted that the interview went well, you got the 5.12% and your're now at a 94.90% chance of getting in. The 5.10% that you still need in order to get 100% depends on the following: 1) how stylish you were at the interview 2) how nice your nails were trimmed 3) what color shoes you were wearing 4) if the interviewer ate a great lunch that day 5) If his wife gave him action the night before 6) Fox5 News coverage of the day 7) How pretty your smile was 8) If you said anything stupid by accident 9) If the interviewer is leaving work early that day and 10) If you like the Mets.

    Good luck. I hope you get in and join us wacky students.

    Math teacher discretion is advised*
    You forgot to divide by π

  7. #7
    davidMD is offline Member 511 points
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jersey City, NJ
    Posts
    394
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgilbert63 View Post
    You forgot to divide by π
    dude I was going to say that....you nerd!
    Courant Institute of Mathematics
    Saba University School of Medicine
    Pray for me....

  8. #8
    HelpMePlease! is offline Junior Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    23
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Cyberia! that wasn't nice lol j/k its all good! I'll take the criticism!

    Thank you all for your replies, I hope your right about that 94.9% lol... (Didn't take MCAT's so minus 23.30%) .... Well I am still waiting for their reply; I was interviewed last Tuesday and now ....the waiting game begins!!!

  9. #9
    Arkie, M.D.'s Avatar
    Arkie, M.D. is offline Elite Member 6139 points
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    2,509
    Downloads
    26
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Why didn't you take the MCAT?
    Step 1 [x] Step 2 CK [x] Step 2 CS [x] Prematch [x] M.D. [x] Step 3 [x] PGY-1 [x] PGY-2 [x] PGY-3 [x] ED Attending [2015-]
    ☤ + ☭ = N
    Liberty or Death


  10. #10
    HinduDoc is offline Member 519 points
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Don't Ask..
    Posts
    248
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
    Why didn't you take the MCAT?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Recent interview or Upcoming Interview?
    By drjds in forum Ross University School of Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 09:25 PM
  2. Interview for Med School Vs. Interview for Residency Position
    By Batman007 in forum Residency Match Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-24-2006, 05:41 PM
  3. length of time between scheduling an interview and having the interview
    By Broadwaymspiggy in forum Medical University of the Americas (MUA) Nevis
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2006, 04:49 PM
  4. Which: California Interview or Florida Interview
    By brown12222 in forum Ross University School of Medicine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-09-2005, 01:59 AM
  5. Regarding Interview, if Accepted on phone interview do we have to give our answer at
    By Dontknow in forum Saba University School of Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-30-2005, 04:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •