Please add any recent CCS cases or solutions to this thread. Good luck.
Recent CCS posted by someone
1. A 30 year old female patient with a cold and infraorbital headache --maxillary sinusitis.
2. A Latino 30 yr old pharmacist with low grade fever and PPD test positive -- treatment of tuberculosis.
3. A Latino male who is s/p colon carc resection and admitted to hosp. for treatment of pneumonia developed chest pain - pul.edema/chf.
4. A Latino alcoholic female who is pale and tired; cbc shows hyperseg. neutrophils and increased MCV--folic acid deficiency anemia.
5. A Latino 12 month old child with high fever (40 C) --blood culture showed gram positive coocci in pairs(work up of sepsis)
6.A 25 year old female with H/o DM Type I came to er with n/v loss of appetite ---DKA with urinary tract infection ( as UA showed positive nitrites and leukocytes)
7. A young female with burning urination and foul smelling vag discharge--Trich vaginitis.
8. A 60 year old female with headaches and stiffness of joints----Polymyalgia rheumatica.