NET OF ANATOMY CHAT on 25th January 2005
1. fertilization occurs where?
ampulla of uterine tube
2 diff. of gonads takes place in what wk?
3 whats the most common site of ectopic pregnancy?
yes, its the fallopian or uterine tube
4. which germ cell layer is the adrenal medulla derived from? what about the adrenal cortex?
medulla=neural crest. cortex=mesoderm
caudal dysplasia due to abnormal gastrulation
6. all 3 germ cell layers are derived from? epiblast, hypoblast, both.
7. what is a chordoma?
Chordomas are tumors originating from embryonic remnants of the
8. prochordal plate make future what?
9. which germ layer for the epidermis, hair nails, inner ear, enamel of teeth, lens of eye?
10. how about upper part of vagina?
11. testes and ovaries?
12. lower part of vagina?
13. pia and arachnoid?
14. Thyroid, follicular cells?
thyroid is endo & neural crest
15. how about optic N.?
16 a defect in the vertebral arches where the meninges projects through the
vertebral defect is called what?
spina bifida occulta
17. all major organ system begin to dev during which week?
18.what hindgut malformation results from failure of migration of neural crest cells to
the colon. this area of colon constricts and the enlargement occurs proximal to constriction
19. what is it called when developing pancreas forms a ring of pancreatic tissue around
the duodenum and can cause GI obstruction?
20. Which of the following are derived from the cells in the wall of the Yolk Sac? a) Syncytiotrophoblast cell b) Spermatogonia c) Basal plate cells d) Epiblast cells e) Prochordal plate cells
21. newborn has regurgitation, cyanosis with feeding, enlarged abdomen, abdomen moves when breathing. diagnosis?
22. PGC derived from yolk sac?
yes, from wall of the yolk sac
23.what is omphalocele?
occurs when intestines fail to return to abdominal cavity
24. sry gene on which chromosome?
short arm of Y chromosome
25. what is caused by degeneration of ureteric bud. if bilateral, it is accompanied by
a decrease in the amount of amniotic fluid (oligohydramnios)?
yep, i think that potters and renal agenesis is the same thing
26. surfactant is composed of what?
phosphatidyl choline + pr.
27. urine drainage from umbilicus....is associated with what?
28. what occurs when a remnant of the vitelline duct persists forming an outpouching of the ileum connecting the umbilicus?
29. what is it called when you have twisting of the intestinges which can result in obstruction of the GI tract?
30. fecal discharge from umbillicus is associated with what?
] vitelline fistula....due to persistent vitelline duct...connection between intestine and outside of body at the umbillicus
31. during contraction of ventricle what control closure of vlave?
chordae tendineae control the closur of valve
32. what does movement of atlantooccipital do?
33. what is the movement of atlanto-axial joint?
34. ] what cell produce myelin in CNS?
36. what kind of joint do we have in our vertebral column?
37. lp done at level of what?
38. where do you put the needle?
] interlaminar space in the midline at the level of iliac spine
39. layers needle must pass through? from outside to inside
Skin, Superficial Fascia, Deep fascia, Supraspinous Lig, Interspinous Lig, Interlaminar Space, Epidural Space Dura, Arachnoid, SUbarachnoid
yes skin,2 fascia,2 ligments,2 space and dura ,arach,Subarach
40. what points of reference do you use to identify L4-L5?
41. preganglionic neuron with cell body in where? and also preganglionic neuron derived from?
pregang is from CNS and post ganglionic neuron cell body in ganglion and PNS
preganglionic ganglion derived from neural tube and post-ganglion from neural crest
42. what kind of joint do we find in Vert Column?
it is called: "FACET JOINT" or "Zygapophyseal Joint"
43. DISK HERNIATION, what herniates ?
44.what part of the NP is most common?
posterlateral cause ther is no ligament at posterolateral
45. if the herniation is between L5-S1 what nerve is compressed?
remember below the cervical nerves the lower is always the affected nerve in
this case S1
46. and if it the herniation is between L4-L5?
46. nucleus pulposus formed from?
notochord here is a pic of the herniation between L5 and S1 http://www.doereport.com/enlargeexhibit.php?ID=5172
47. dural sac and subarachnoid space end at what level?
48. Sa node and av node is supplied by what artery?
Rt. coronary A
49. which ganglion has body cells of postganglionic fibers to parotid gland?
50. av bundle is supplied by?
RCA &LCA(right and left coronary artery)
BEST OF LUCK AND SEE U ALL TOMORROW