Sponsored Links
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Godson is offline Junior Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    65
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Average MCAT of SGU Given New MCAT Exam and Grading Rubric?

    Advertisements



    Does anyone know what is the average MCAT of SGU given the new MCAT? Is it true that the average MCAT score was 26 for the old MCAT and the therefore the equivalent for the new MCAT is 501?

  2. #2
    alimd is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    orlando
    Posts
    3
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    Does anyone know what is the average MCAT of SGU given the new MCAT? Is it true that the average MCAT score was 26 for the old MCAT and the therefore the equivalent for the new MCAT is 501?
    on a phone chat with the admission coordinator, she mentioned that the average MCAT is 500 for the school. I am not sure how accurate is that but take into consideration that most of the time if the applicant's MCAT is 510 it is accompanied by 2.5 GPA and vice versa. look only at your stats and if you have a weakness somewhere make sure to have a strength somewhere else

  3. #3
    Godson is offline Junior Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    65
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alimd View Post
    on a phone chat with the admission coordinator, she mentioned that the average MCAT is 500 for the school. I am not sure how accurate is that but take into consideration that most of the time if the applicant's MCAT is 510 it is accompanied by 2.5 GPA and vice versa. look only at your stats and if you have a weakness somewhere make sure to have a strength somewhere else
    Thanks for your reply. 500 is good to hear and I would assume that is pretty accurate since it came from an admissions coordinator. I applied to SGU in the past with an overall gpa of 3.86 and science gpa of 3.84 but got a 20 on the MCAT and they said I had to retake the MCAT. I was told a 20 is equivalent to 492. What is the lowest score I could get and still be granted admission?

  4. #4
    alimd is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    orlando
    Posts
    3
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Sgu

    Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    Thanks for your reply. 500 is good to hear and I would assume that is pretty accurate since it came from an admissions coordinator. I applied to SGU in the past with an overall gpa of 3.86 and science gpa of 3.84 but got a 20 on the MCAT and they said I had to retake the MCAT. I was told a 20 is equivalent to 492. What is the lowest score I could get and still be granted admission?
    hi Godson,

    i believe if you get 496 you will be fine since the GPA will be playing a big part of your admission. can i ask you why aren't you considering DO school?

    also, did SGU cared about extracul activities the first time you applied?

    one thing to keep in mind about SGU that i recognized is that they tolerate low GPA but not low MCAT. a low GPA can be interpreted as difficult life circumstances and hardship and they would like to give an opportunity for those students who are smart but life wasn't to their favor. but for the MCAT it is not the case.

Similar Threads

  1. What Is The Average GPA and MCAT Score?
    By Wink786 in forum Main Foreign Medical Schools Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-19-2006, 05:03 PM
  2. AVERAGE GPA AND MCAT
    By olywa in forum American University of the Caribbean (AUC)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-31-2004, 07:12 PM
  3. What is the Average MCAT Scores
    By mikoalma22 in forum Main Foreign Medical Schools Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-26-2004, 05:13 AM
  4. MCAT average?
    By stacy_de_lin in forum Ross University School of Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-01-2004, 09:37 AM
  5. what is the average gpa and mcat for the israeli medical sch
    By wizard17 in forum Main Foreign Medical Schools Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-26-2003, 08:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •