Note: These are NOT photos of the SGU campus or dormitories. (SGU officials would like to emphasize there is no need to panic... at least not from these photos)
All images and information below is from the Caribbean Disaster Emergency Response Agency (CDERA) website: http://www.cdera.org/cunews/publish/article_468.shtml
Noteable facts in the agency's report:
- Sixty people are hospitalized with injuries.
- Nine of every ten buildings are damaged or destroyed.
- Virtually every school and church in the Capital St Georges as well as the police headquarters has been destroyed.
- There is no water, no electricity and very limited cell phone coverage.
- Security situation is grave and the Regional Security System has deployed security personnel.
- All prisoners are on the loose.
- Coast Guard has no search and rescue facilities.
- The airport runway has been cleared but the control tower is not yet functional.
- (Needs) 4. Law and order needs to be maintained
Again, note that this applies to Grenada as a whole. The SGU campus is not specifically mentioned at all in the report. For the complete facts, please read the entire report here: http://www.cdera.org/cunews/publish/article_468.shtml
More photos, as well as more first-hand accounts of Grenada residents and SGU students can be found at: