I have a dilema, that I was hoping to get some advice about.
I'm currently in Term 5, scheduled to finish Basic sciences. However, 8 weeks isn't enough for me to study for the boards, so I decided that taking time off is the best option, because I am not ready to mess with the step 1, and i know myself; 8 weeks will not be enough for me, maybe 12 or 16 weeks, but certainly not 8 weeks. Am not an A student, but when I have time to study, i can get some pretty good grades. But I need to put time in to study, and I work best under LOW pressure.
However, taking more time to study for the boards will mean that I wait until next year to start clinicals. (If this is the only option i have, I am willing to take it).
I have also been advised that I can start clinicals in the UK in October, and transfer back to the US (home for me), after 6 months, for the remainder of the clinicals. My questions is; is this even possible?
The other issue is that I once re-took a class, so I am not sure if I will be allowed to take anymore time from Medschool. please advise me accordingly.
Any suggestions are welcome.
I know that if I put time in, I can get a good Step 1 score, but first I need to actually put in the time. Am not ready to bet on 8 weeks.