Can any vet students help me with a few questions?
1. How much--realistically--is living expenses such as books, room & board off-campus, and transportation? Is it relatively cheap to bring a bicycle down there or buy one once on Grenada?
2. Insecurity question. Are the professors dedicated to teaching toward the NAVLE, CPE? Do you feel that St. George is preparing you well to become a good practitioner? I'm looking for constructive criticism and opinion--good or bad.
3. How about 4th year clinical placement? Do you have to pay tuition at the affiliated institution in addition to St. George tuition? Is placement at the affiliated institution (my choice is the US) garanteed? I do realize you may not get the placement of your choice, but I'd like to know that I will get a placement as long as I'm academically eligible.
4. Considering that DVM's will generally make a lot less than MD's, are you worried about paying off your loans? I ask because I'm not 22 years old (pushing 40).
5. Are the veterinary facilities good? Do you get ample exposure to different species, i.e. large and small animal?
6. Is anyone contemplating a residency? Does the DVM degree at St. George's prepare you to compete? This is assuming you complete all the hurdles of ECVFG, of course.
Thank you in advance!