I was just wondering if someone can please give me a suggestion as to what I should do:
*I am a resident of British Columbia, Canada and I applied to UBC for Sept. 2004 but did not get an interview (i sort of knew that I wouldn't)...UBC was the only school I applied to this year because I did quite bad on the mcat and am rewriting it in april.
*Now I am having a really really hard time deciding if I should try applying to canadian schools again next year or if I should aim to get into SGU for august 2004....The problem is that, realistically, I know that I am not very competitive for most canadian schools (my GPA is 3.20)....UBC is quite a long shot in the dark because there is some chance but it's very very uncertain i don't know if waiting for smth so uncertain is a right choice or not.
*I don't want to settle and practice medicine in canada as my family is moving back to my home country at the end of this year....I would like to practice in the states as i do have some relatives living there...so the "coming back to canada" problem does not really apply to me.
So I would really appreciate if some of you out there could give me ur opinions? Should I apply to SGU and start right away (I would eventually like to get into Emergency med, ob/gyn, or peds)? Or should I apply to canadian school again next year and take some courses in the summer to boost up my GPA and if I'm unsuccessful, then apply to SGU? I am just afraid that if i don't get into ubc or some other canadian school next year, then i would have wasted one year when i could have started SGU right away....but if don't try to get into canadian school one more time, i'd regret it later...
i am really going out of my mind thinking about this...i know it might not seem like a very big deal but i am really confused about what should i do....I'd really appreciate any and all of ur inputs...thanx