St Christopher's College of Medicine is a French West African and English European program. It has campuses located in Luton, England and Dakar, Senegal.What is St Christopher's College of Medicine?
St Christopher's College of Medicine offers a four-year M.D. program, a six-year M.D. program, and a five-year M.D., Ph.D. program designed to meet the requirements of the United States Medical Licensing Examination. The M.D. program consists of five fifteen-week semesters in the Basic Sciences abroad followed by six semesters in Clinical Clerkships in the United States of America.
The M.D., PhD program consists of nine fifteen-week semesters in the Basic Sciences and Research Laboratory abroad followed by six semesters in Clinical Clerkships in the United States of America. Admissions are available three times a year in January, May and September.
St. Christopher's College of Medicine has associations with King's College London and Ealing Hospital.
The curriculum incorporates both the American and Canadian Medical Education systems and is designed to meet the rigorous requirements of the United States and Canadian licensing examinations. The body of the program is comprised of a five-semester basic science program that includes a medical licensing prepatory course provided by The Princeton Review in conjunction with the six-semester clinical clerkship program.Here's some more information about the school from an advertisement.
The faculty at St. Christopher's College Of Medicine is comprised of individuals who possess terminal degrees as an MD or PhD and possess extensive backgrounds in medical education, research and clinical practice that permit them to contribute significantly to the educational experience. It is through this integration of research and clinical participation that students are kept at the forefront of medical advances. The low student/teacher ratio enables our students to have more responsibility and autonomy than medical students in many other schools.
St. Christopher’s College of Medicine’s commenced operations in 1998 and has campuses in Dakar, Senegal and Luton, England. The College is WHO (World Health Organization) listed and is scheduled to appear in the WHO’s World Directory of Medical Schools, 8th Edition, set forth for publication in the near future.
On the Senegal campus, courses are taught in French with a clinical studies program, also in Senegal. Additionally, the College directly operates medical centers in Dakar and Kolack, Senegal and offers over 27 humanitarian programs within Senegal in areas of reading, writing, mathematics and personal hygiene.
The second campus is located in Luton, England. The student body is surrounded with all the academic, cultural and commercial vitality that of the city. Students in Luton, which is just thirty miles north of London, study in a diverse cultural environment devoted to education and research and is surrounded by many fine shops and restaurants.
Students may choose to reside in our dormitories or can be assisted in renting from a private, local landlord. The facilities consist of a state of the art fitness center, and library/computer lab. In addition, all St. Christopher students receive full medical and dental coverage under the United Kingdom's National Health Service at no additional costs. Additionally, please note that social services and religious advisors of all denominations are also available.
Upon successful completion of the Basic Science component of our program, students begin their Clinical component within the United Kingdom and in ACGME approved teaching hospitals within the US. The clinical program is seventy-two weeks in duration and tuition includes the student’s malpractice insurance.
Note the following interesting information regarding the College:
· England Campus offers everything within walking distance, student discounts at most retail establishments, free health insurance for students, minimal cost at physical fitness facilities, various intramural sports programs, clubs, tutoring at no cost, handicap accessible facilities, and a diverse religious and ethnic student body.
· Modern, state of the art campus in Luton, England
· Association with Guys & Kings College in London
· On campus wireless, internet access
· Student/teacher ratio of 5:1
· Labs in histology, microbiology, physiology, gross anatomy, and neurology
· Western blots in histology lab and microbiology lab
· No additional out of pocket lab fees
· Princeton Review Course/Live Lecture (PRC/LL)
· PRC/LL students receive over 2k pages of printed study material, on line internet access to all study review guides
· PRC/LL students complete 3 mock exams under exact exam conditions for the following: 1 exam in the beginning of the course for evaluation purposes, 1 exam in the middle in order to assess progress, a final exam an the conclusion in order to ascertain final exam readiness.
· All clinicals are completed in ACGME accredited hospitals
· UMSLE pass rate – most recent reported results at 92%
· Grads have matched at some of the most highly respected university residency programs.
· Financial aid through a number of major international banking institution
If you are interested, please contact their Admissions Department for North America at 908-301-1150 or 888-728-0100 (USA only).