I have asked the students who have contacted me to give me the reasons why they would not want or suggest anyone to attend this school.
My reasons from the administrative point of view:
1) The people comprising the administration i.e. the two main partners are very shady characters. First their degrees and designations behind their names are false. It was not awarded by any knows universities. They use it to mislead and fraud the students and their parents. People tend to believe doctors and engineers, donít they?
2) The two partners had / have legal problems. Some speculate there were major charges against these two.
3) They have been involved in the past with other Caribbean medical schools which were known to be illegal. Meaning they operated schools without proper paperwork and the host country governments not knowing about it.
4) There are indiscriminate number of share holders in this school. You can also buy shares in this school if you pay all your tuition in full. Please donít fall for this trick. This is a cunning way of making you pay all the money so you cannot ever transfer and if you do you will not get your money back. YES, I have also got emails from such students who have paid in full. If you havenít paid in full LEAVE ASAP. If you paid in full take Ďem to court. If this school is run by two people and it has an unlimited amount of shares sold so who are the actual owners. This is a bubble and is going to collapse anytime soon in the near future.
5) The school is registered in Dominica but it has offices in USA, CANADA, INDIA, and NIGERIA not under the schools banner. Are they involved in money laundering? Human smuggling? Are you willing to attend a school thatís has very shady administration and improper business practices?
6) The clinical clerkships run by either the school or third party companies such as AICG, MDCSA and others DO NOT have hospital affiliations. Please call the hospitals to verify the details. This will result in you potentially not getting residencies in many states which are favorable to IMGS. No hospital or program director acting on the best interest of the hospital policies will ever let you into the hospital as one of his staff that have been associated with a shady school having done non greenbook, non ACGME approved clinical rotations not having formal affiliation / agreement with this school. THESE ARE LAWS. They will not be amended for you because you have a high score on USMLE.
7) This school is not accredited by any authority in the United States or Canada. For example it does not have New York or California approval. For example New York has approximately 25% of residency positions and Illinois has about 30%. Why not increase your chances of matching in the residency by attending other school which have these states approval?
8) The premed (offered in the US, CANADA and various other places) are not approved by the proper authority in the countries it is offered in. Therefore making the premed illegal. Not state licensing board will accept it as courses towards your pre medical education which has to be two years. Your BSc from ASUSM is not valid.
9) The high school credits offered in various countries are not authorized by the proper educational authorities in the countries it is offered in. You cannot use it to get your high school diploma in the countries it is offered in.
The students have said these are the reasons that they want me to convey to you to not to attend this school.
10) The school has no proper administration in place in Dominica or the administration in Dominica does not get the adequate funding to operate the school on a daily basis.
a. NO soap or toilet paper in the bathroom/rest room
b. A/C doesnít work in any of the rooms including library.
c. The projectors donít work - they canít have three classes running at the same time because only two functioning projectors
d. Teachers are not real teachers. They are recent graduates from Indian medical schools. Students donít understand the dialect of the Nigerian and Indian professors.
e. There is no curriculum.
f. There are no cadavers. The MD 1 class in progress now are the 12th set of students to use the same cadaver.
g. The library doesnít have medical books rather it has a lot of fantasy novels.
h. Class rooms are not cleaned properly.
i. Students do not receive proper training for USMLE step 1.
j. Students and teachers have active ongoing intimate relationships.
k. Dominica is not a safe island. Students have been robbed, beaten and severely traumatized.
l. Majority of the students especially males are drug addicts.
m. The sciences labs donít have equipment or they do not work. They donít have any chemicals to work with so you are left to your imagination to figure out simple reactions. All the microscopes are not functioning.
n. There is no student council. The student council money which is collected from students at the beginning of the semester are grabbed by the administration.
o. The student council and AMSA does not have any accounting practices. Nobody knows where the money is going.
p. We canít get a hold of the coordinators in AICG and MDCSA.
q. The US immigration will give you trouble when crossing the border using the documents the school issues and getting visas.
r. The clinical evaluation form are not signed by the GME offices of the hospital where the rotation was suppose to be done.
s. Falsifying information on clinical evaluation sheets. When the student does the rotations in the clinic of a doctor, they put the name of the hospital he works under to make the clinical look legit.
t. No formal affiliation with the hospitals where the clinical rotation was done. Students have to sneak into the hospital hoping they donít get caught because they are not suppose to be there in the first place.
u. Students paying too much in tuition for mere nonsense. The degree from this school is not worth the money a student spends to get it.
v. Students will not be allowed to transfer.
w. Students will be denied transcripts at all costs.
x. The medical degree is printed using very low quality of paper and ink.
y. School only wants you money but will not help you get housing or arrange transportation.
z. If there ever was to be a natural disaster on the island you will have no help from the school, no one will answer phone calls or have any emergency action plans available.
Students. I have once worked with this school in the past being in charge of many promising goals. Due to my vigilance, advise from my peers, and emails from concerned students I have quickly detached myself from this administration. I have been offered gifts in terms of monetary value, shares and also threats against my life with voodoo and other retaliations against me, my family and my career just to make me not expose the truths about this school and the administration. However due to my personal conscience and to show the administration I have no fear in exposing the truths and doing the right thing I am continuing to post on this forum. This takes a great deal of time and I am sorry I have not been able to reply to every single email I have received. I hope these posts will answer many of your questions. I received 100s of emails everyday inquiring about the school from prospective students and students wishing to transfer out of this school. I am sorry I really have no legal knowledge to advice on such matters. But I have studied the laws of various states regarding residency and licensure. It is my conclusion that you will not get residency if you continue to do the rotations without formal affiliations. This scam is done in a clever way I shall say so you have no real way of holding the school responsible. One, you will have to file case against them in Dominica. Since it is a civil case there is no saying in how long it will take. You can only hold MDCSA and AICG responsible for clinical rotations that are not properly affiliated therefore no state licensing board will accept it. All I can say is you have spent enough money and time. Please transfer out ASAP. Please do NOT even think about going to this school if you are planning to do so.
Dr. A al Q MBBS, FACS, PhD