Sponsored Links

Poll: Did you pass USMLE step 1 first time????

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 54
  1. #1
    manoutofthemoon is offline Permanently Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    multiple accounts
    Posts
    41
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Exclamation ALL ROSS STUDENTS: Did you pass the USMLE first time

    Advertisements



    Since the school claims that for years, the USMLE pass rate has not been yet calculated, all Ross students please post your result: passed first time or no. I met a LOT OF Ross students who failed the USMLE step 1 while I was taking a falcon review course.
    A student is threatening to sue ROSS to release the actual USMLE results-- using the freedom of information act- and the school might fiercely challenge his lawsuit.
    VOTE if you passed first time or not

  2. #2
    Fornis J. Plebney is offline Senior Member 525 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,279
    Downloads
    12
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Ross

    Quote Originally Posted by manoutofthemoon
    A student is threatening to sue ROSS to release the actual USMLE results-- using the freedom of information act- and the school might fiercely challenge his lawsuit.
    VOTE if you passed first time or not
    FOIA applies to Executive Branch departments, agencies, and offices; federal regulatory agencies; and federal corporations. Me thinks this student is barking up the wrong tree if he/she thinks they're going to get information via the FOIA route.

  3. #3
    jim
    jim is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,150
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    pass?

    easily passed all 3 steps, with excellent scores.

  4. #4
    Gator98MD's Avatar
    Gator98MD is offline Senior Member 518 points
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    "Greenvegas", South Carolina
    Posts
    866
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I had no problems with steps I,II. I havent taken step 3 yet, but that is on the horizon. Remember, most of passing comes down to the individual. If you do a good review and put the study time in , more than likely you will be successful.
    God must be a Florida Gator fan because everyday at sunset the sky turns orange and blue!!!

    Its great to be a Florida Gator and IM Board Certified!!

  5. #5
    microphage's Avatar
    microphage is offline Useless Member 511 points
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,747
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    OK, so I don't understand this... on the valuemd home page, it has a poll for "Did you pass the usmle the first time" but it never specified Ross. and now I voted only to be taken to the Ross forum.


    Weird...
    Finally beat Super Mario Bros within 7 mins.

  6. #6
    Dru
    Dru is offline Super Moderator 511 points
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,098
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    useless

    This is a useless poll...many Ross students never user or read the ValueMD Forums.


    BTW---my child passed Step I the first time, but never reads the Forum unless I prompt to do so.... busy with clinicals and is off studying.
    Last edited by Dru; 06-23-2005 at 07:57 PM. Reason: addition
    Moderator - Ross University Forum

  7. #7
    manoutofthemoon is offline Permanently Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    multiple accounts
    Posts
    41
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    re

    I do know a lot of people who failed from Ross but I think half of them pass the second time. come on the teaching at Ross was horrible and only excellent students could do well on an exam like that

  8. #8
    Gator98MD's Avatar
    Gator98MD is offline Senior Member 518 points
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    "Greenvegas", South Carolina
    Posts
    866
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manoutofthemoon
    I do know a lot of people who failed from Ross but I think half of them pass the second time. come on the teaching at Ross was horrible and only excellent students could do well on an exam like that
    Hey thanks for the compliment. I never considered myself an "excellent student" but I will take a compliment when I hear one. The excellent students as you put it, are the ones that understood that basic sciences arent enough alone to pass Step 1 and that intensive self study and review are the keys to passing that test. I have great empathy for students that fail the steps because I know they are not easy, but alot of success comes down to personal work ethic.
    God must be a Florida Gator fan because everyday at sunset the sky turns orange and blue!!!

    Its great to be a Florida Gator and IM Board Certified!!

  9. #9
    alpathmd is offline Moderator 510 points
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Home of the Tigers...
    Posts
    839
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    possible....

    Gator, no one has to tell you that you are an "excellent-honors" student...you know you are. You succeeded in a September class and got your #1 residency choice!

    Anyone who studies, puts in 110% effort, deserves as much as they put it, no more, no less. The last 4 years were difficult, but not impossible.



    Quote Originally Posted by Gator98MD
    Hey thanks for the compliment. I never considered myself an "excellent student" but I will take a compliment when I hear one. The excellent students as you put it, are the ones that understood that basic sciences arent enough alone to pass Step 1 and that intensive self study and review are the keys to passing that test. I have great empathy for students that fail the steps because I know they are not easy, but alot of success comes down to personal work ethic.
    Ross University Forum Moderator

    Dr.A.
    PGY-3 Pathology ResidentHidden Content



  10. #10
    homerbrave is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    307
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Not useless

    Quote Originally Posted by Dru
    This is a useless poll...many Ross students never user or read the ValueMD Forums.


    BTW---my child passed Step I the first time, but never reads the Forum unless I prompt to do so.... busy with clinicals and is off studying.
    Why is this a useless poll? Many Ross students do read this website. Many don't bother to post but they do read the stuff on this forum.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 95% USMLE step 1 first time pass rate with 1/3 students scoring 99
    By ACY0037 in forum American University of the Caribbean (AUC)
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 04:41 PM
  2. USMLE step 2 first-time pass rate
    By Kalinga86 in forum Ross University School of Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-18-2010, 10:43 AM
  3. 1st time USMLE pass rate
    By AUCMD2006 in forum American University of the Caribbean (AUC)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 07:08 AM
  4. 1st time USMLE pass rate
    By brob311 in forum Ross University School of Medicine
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-23-2006, 08:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Site Meter