I will be applying for the 2013 match. I'm hoping to match into Internal Medicine.
- Step 1: 230-235 (1st attempt)
- Step 2 CS: Pass (1st attempt)
- Step 2 CK: 235-240 (1st attempt)
- Canadian citizen (born and raised) so I will need US visa sponsorship
- School: St. George's University
- No real research (I did help out a little bit compiling data but I don't believe the research got published), some volunteering
- All my 3rd year core rotations and 4th year elective rotations are in the US and Greenbook. I got an A in the IM rotation if that matters.
- LORs: I can get 2-3 strong letters from IM, 1 strong from Surgery, and possibly a strong one from Pediatrics (I thought I did very well in Peds but ended up getting a B instead of an A)
I'm getting really nervous about the match now that we can purchase our token and begin working on our applications.
I was wondering where I should apply... Is there a list available to which programs offer visa sponsorship? I tried searching of FREIDA with no luck. How many programs is "safe"? I was thinking of applying to Pediatrics and/or Family Medicine as a back up... is it good to do this?
Thank you for any advice!